Baylor Linebacker Heads to Congress

19,784 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Doc Holliday
Wrecks Quan Dough
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Collin is a lib who would be dead if his mother supported Planned Parenthood like he does. He got elected because of the California carpetbaggers who moved into my district. Texas was great before the transplant locusts arrived from CA and NY.
Sailor Bear
Carlos Safety said:

Collin is a lib who would be dead if his mother supported Planned Parenthood like he does. He got elected because of the California carpetbaggers who moved into my district. Texas was great before the transplant locusts arrived from CA and NY.

Wow.
StatMan
I'm a conservative, so not happy Colin Allred was elected. He will prove to be a better football player than politician.
RegentCoverup
I can't wait for Colin to come out in favor of confiscating guns. The people praising him now will be silent then.
He will follow that with an Abortion vote, and a marijuana dispensary next to your kids elementary school. Thats the Berkeley way.

He's purposefully vague about his position on sensitive issues because he knows he may not have a say in the matter.

Some background information for everyone: our government is almost completely controlled by the two party system. A newly elected congressman is sort of assigned a chief of staff, and that chief of staff is generally a party loyalist. Meaning the chief of staff is loyal to the party, not the Rep. Sadly, that's true of both parties.

It's Sold as an administrative issue, but each party has people that have soft enforcer responsibilities. Meaning if the Rep breaks ranks on votes the party wants, the party keeps score. Make a habit of breaking party ranks, criticize party leaders and leaders, and you'll find yourself excluded from committees, PR, social invites, and ultimately party funds. That's Washington. Sorry.

Point being, don't be surprised when Colin votes for things no sane Texan would, he is just taking orders from Nancy Pelosi.
robby44
Carlos Safety said:

Pussificaton on parade
cinque
Sessions goose was cooked on his multiple votes against preexisting conditions protection. Republicans will continue to lose ground among their once reliable constituents if they continue to to ignore bread and butter issues that affect the everyday lives of Texans.
Doc Holliday
cinque said:

Sessions goose was cooked on his multiple votes against preexisting conditions protection. Republicans will continue to loose ground among their once reliable constituents if they continue to to ignore bread and butter issues that affect the everyday lives of Texans.
Then they'll win again when the government will inevitably screw up whatever program Democrats put forth.
J.R.
robby44 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Pussificaton on parade
No, RW, that just really dumb on Mr. Carlos's part.
cinque
Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

Sessions goose was cooked on his multiple votes against preexisting conditions protection. Republicans will continue to loose ground among their once reliable constituents if they continue to to ignore bread and butter issues that affect the everyday lives of Texans.
Then they'll win again when the government will inevitably screw up whatever program Democrats put forth.
Republicans can't keep using they're coming for your guns and the browns are coming! crap. As Collin county women proved, they are concerned about good schools and healh care for their families. If Republicans don't get this, the shift will only quicken.
robby44
J.R. said:

robby44 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Pussificaton on parade

There used to be a time when Bears were ride or die
with Bears
Now its ride with you only if you're team Trump
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
xiledinok said:

robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

He's a good speaker. Not an intelligent guy though.

So Baylor undergrad Berkeley law school grad is not
Intelligent?

He's a hack that didn't graduate from Baylor. He probably lives in the sticks where they believe stopping the immigration caravan will get their kids off opiates.
Who didnt graduate from Baylor?
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Wrecks Quan Dough
robby44 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Pussificaton on parade
Don't be stupid. Noting that he supports the black-baby murder factory that is Planned Parenthood is not "pussification." Too many hits to head, robby?
Wrecks Quan Dough
robby44 said:

J.R. said:

robby44 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Pussificaton on parade

with Bears
I did not vote for Trump. Try again, Captain Encephalitis.
robby44
Carlos Safety said:

robby44 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Pussificaton on parade
Don't be stupid. Noting that he supports the black-baby murder factory that is Planned Parenthood is not "pussification." Too many hits to head, robby?

Too many hits to the head? Fortunately no.
I managed to graduate from Baylor and become a successful and functioning member of society. I guess my head is ok
robby44
Carlos Safety said:

robby44 said:

J.R. said:

robby44 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Pussificaton on parade

with Bears
I did not vote for Trump. Try again, Captain Encephalitis.

Got it. Thanks
Is that supposed to be an insult
I sense a lot of anger
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

He's a good speaker. But highly misinformed.

Typical dam democrat ^^^^
Doc Holliday
cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

Republicans can't keep using they're coming for your guns and the browns are coming! crap. As Collin county women proved, they are concerned about good schools and healh care for their families. If Republicans don't get this, the shift will only quicken.
But when government and beaucracy get their corrupt hands in the peice of the pie, it will fall apart. Always does. Especially something like government healthcare.

I don't know why you expect the government to do a good job?!

You Democrats have your heart in the right place sometimes, but your naive and way too trusting of government.
Cyclone807
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quote:

You claim that wars are won in peacetime. I would like to remind you that the US is currently engaged in a 17 year long war spanning over 20 countries with no end in sight.
I can speak for anyone i so choose, interloper. And I'm not interested in discussing either football or politics with you. You haven't proven yourself to be qualified at either...

You're perfectly free and capable of moving to Syria, Iraq, or Afghanistan and starting a peace movement.

You can hand out flowers, live in a VW van and pretend to be John Lennon.

What's stopping you from living out your fairy tale dream, Iowa State kook?
Glad you admit that you are living off of other's service and honor. You claim to speak for people you know nothing about. You want the honor to speak for vets then go join and actually serve. Get a waiver if you have a medical condition. You can even get them for bone spurs.

Yes, I am a vet. I have served in that theater of operation and a few others as well.

Instead of going around insulting vets and falsely claiming you speak for them, Take some time, this veteran's day weekend, and think about the sacrifice we fellow veterans have endured to protect your right to go around and spout your conspiracy theory driven nonsense.

At the very least, consider the fact that we are still engaged in a 17 year long war with no strategy to win it. Consider the fact that about every 65 mins. another vet has committed suicide and many are homeless and not getting the help they need because the VA system is grossly underfunded.

You are wasting those freedoms I fought to protect.

You are welcome for my service.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

You come on the Baylor board and curse about a Baylor football player that graduated from Baylor, has a law degree from Berkley and has won an election?
Sailor Bear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

You come on the Baylor board and curse about a Baylor football player that graduated from Baylor, has a law degree from Berkley and has won an election?

Well he tried to curse about him. He ended up just labeling him a supporter of flood control or something.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Doc, This man is highly educated and has excelled much higher than most in several arenas of life.. His involvement in politics goes way beyond internet arguments. He also has a degree from Baylor and a law degree. He has won an election.

Just because he doesnt believe as you believe he must be uneducated, misinformed and not understand politics?

Wow. Which of your secret sites allow you to understand politics besides making acorn on the head predictions? Please explain your credentials. His are easy to find. What makes your understanding of politics better than anyone else's? I know you are active on Reddit and probably several other boards but do you think this really gives you special insight?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Bearish said:

Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

Well he tried to curse about him. He ended up just labeling him a supporter of flood control or something.
lol. Thanks. Thats the funniest post here in a long time.
Doc Holliday

Doc, This man is highly educated and has excelled much higher than most in several arenas of life.. His involvement in politics goes way beyond internet arguments. He also has a degree from Baylor and a law degree. He has won an election.

Just because he doesnt believe as you believe he must be uneducted, misinformed and not understand politics?

Wow. Which of your secret sites allow you to understand politics besides making acorn on the head predictions? Please explain your credentials. His are easy to find. What makes your understanding of politics better than anyone else's? I know you are active on Reddit and probably several other boards but do you think this really gives you special insight?
I retracted my uneducated statement and replaced it with misinformed.
He may be a bright guy, but he's advocating for solutions that don't work...in fact they make things worse.

The solutions he advocates for are proven to make things worse.
You can easily lookup the statistics on the very things he advocates for when implemented and you will see time and time again the negative impact they have on our country.

It really boils down to this very simple fact.

Ex. Raising minimum wage makes things worse. He ran on that promise.
When the problem is low wages...the proven solution is increased market competition to drive up wages. So why not offer up things like less regulation and taxes?

So from my POV he is either misinformed on the solutions he's endorsing or he is knowingly complicit in their failures and just using them in his campaign to get elected because they sound appealing or they're part of his party's agenda.

You can't have counteracting solutions and both of them be right.
Do you get where I'm coming from?
Something is either right or wrong. There is no in between, guessing or hoping.

I can make the statement that he will achieve things in Texas that will make things worse for many people and it be a factual statement. Allred will own that and the criticism directed at him.

Would you operate a business on counteractive ideologies or on proven strategies?
Florda_mike

Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

So just being a Baylor football player means I can't have opinion of his politics? Really?

So the fact he's a Baylor grad means I can't have opinion of his politics? Really?

So he has a law degree from Cal Berkley I should be ok with his politics? Are you friggin serious?

And just because he won an election, as a democrat, I should be ok with his politics too?

That's all your points to me!
Florda_mike

Just because he doesnt believe as you believe he must be uneducated, misinformed and not understand politics?

^^^ Dude just stop calling yourself a libertarian

Geez
robby44
Florda_mike said:

Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

So just being a Baylor football player means I can't have opinion of his politics? Really?

So the fact he's a Baylor grad means I can't have opinion of his politics? Really?

So he has a law degree from Cal Berkley I should be ok with his politics? Are you friggin serious?

And just because he won an election, as a democrat, I should be ok with his politics too?

That's all your points to me!

Bear down you Bears of Old Baylor U
Limited IQ Redneck in PU

So why would a non Baylor man want to come on a Baylor board and complain about a Baylor grad that is more succesful, much more educated and much better known than you?

Wouldnt this fit better on a TTech board? I cant remember. Did you graduate or drop out of TTech?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Doc Holliday said:

Just because he doesnt believe as you believe he must be uneducted, misinformed and not understand politics?

He may be a bright guy, but he's advocating for solutions that don't work...in fact they make things worse.

You can easily lookup the statistics on the very things he advocates for when implemented and you will see time and time again the negative impact they have on our country.

When the problem is low wages...the proven solution is increased market competition to drive up wages. So why not offer up things like less regulation and taxes?

So from my POV he is either misinformed on the solutions he's endorsing or he is knowingly complicit in their failures and just using them in his campaign to get elected because they sound appealing or they're part of his party's agenda.

I can make the statement that he will achieve things in Texas that will make things worse for many people and it be a factual statement. Allred will own that and the criticism directed at him.

Would you operate a business on counteractive ideologies or on proven strategies?
So even though he is actually in politics and has a law degree you insist you know more than he does about politics? Hard to argue with logic like that.

I have operated my business on what I think are proven strategies but I would never call my neighbor uneducated or mislead for choosing to do things differently than me.

What sources of information are you privy to that are out of others reach? What makes you think you are so much smarter or well read or special than many others? Have you risen above the common man and been selected to lead and represent anyone?
Florda_mike

Doc Holliday said:

So even though he is actually in politics and has a law degree you insist you know more than he does about politics? Hard to argue with logic like that.

I have operated my business on what I think are proven strategies but I would never call my neighbor uneducated or mislead for choosing to do things differently than me.

What sources of information are you privy to that are out of others reach? What makes you think you are so much smarter or well read or special than many others? Have you risen above the common man and been selected to lead and represent anyone?

Really?

Tell us just what kind of business you "operate???" Do tell

This should be interesting

You disagree with Doc and you "operate a business?" Let's hear about it?
DaveyBear
The funny thing is that poor ol Colin (who I actually like) is going to be under the thumb of old white people.

Think about that Stinque!!!!

Should we call him "uncle Colin"

He has put on a couple of pounds too....how bout "fat Colin"

I guess the old plantation is still growing.
DaveyBear

So why would a non Baylor man want to come on a Baylor board and complain about a Baylor grad that is more succesful, much more educated and much better known than you?

Wouldnt this fit better on a TTech board? I cant remember. Did you graduate or drop out of TTech?
I would put my LSAT against Colin's at any time, never got accepted to Berkeley.

UCLA yep, not Berkeley though. Did not make the Cal quota, wrong color. The very next year the other (Westwood) Bruins started a racial quota on cheerleaders, playing catch up with the original Cal.

cinque

Flunked out.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
cinque said:

Flunked out.
I noticed he didnt answer.

Jim, I have had several businesses. The biggest is cattle. I have a small herd . I usually run around 25 to 30 cows and sell around 24 to 28 calves a year. Most of my cows are longhorn or longhorn crosses. I started with a registered herd but didnt like the paperwork. My best cows are longhorn/charolais crosses but right now I am running an angus bull. Before the goat market went down several years ago I ran around 100 goats. Over the years i have done custom plowing and shredding. All of my agribusiness dabling is only part time. I have worked in education for 36 years. I do sustenance consulting and behavior management along with various subjects. I have taught in 2 states and 4 foreign countries. Thanks for asking.
Florda_mike

cinque said:

Flunked out.
I noticed he didnt answer.

Jim, I have had several businesses. The biggest is cattle. I have a small herd . I usually run around 25 to 30 cows and sell around 24 to 28 calves a year. Most of my cows are longhorn or longhorn crosses. I started with a registered herd but didnt like the paperwork. My best cows are longhorn/charolais crosses but right now I am running an angus bull. Before the goat market went down several years ago I ran around 100 goats. Over the years i have done custom plowing and shredding. All of my agribusiness dabling is only part time. I have worked in education for 36 years. I do sustenance consulting and behavior management along with various subjects. I have taught in 2 states and 4 foreign countries. Thanks for asking.

So really you just work in education and are paid by government contract!? Hence nothing ever bad from you on obama or democrats as they support your wasteful government job and you hate Trump as he's a threat to it!

Cattle biz is probably leased and never done by you as you're off on another wasteful government contract teaching in another country making ridiculous sums teaching useless topics to the poor and near illiterate? You pretend to be noble

Am I close?

No wonder you're a democrat and maybe even single with kids from exes or never even married?

I'd wonder if you even have business degree? No way to tell if your a one year wonder at BU or really have Bachelors, on here. Anyone can lie on here about even BU roots! Just gotta trust a democrat's word. Now that's a stretch

You know what I've said of my education in past and I'm not dishonest. Back when Tech wasn't a watered down state commie school specializing in diversity I got Bachelors in Business area. My favorite profs were those running successful businesses instead of just teaching for a living, like YOU. They've taught me tactics and strategies that have allowed us to create many successful businesses that have employed thousands for 40+ years since graduation. Dr Chonko was my fav and he taught in Baylor Business School for awhile! None of our businesses have operated with majority government assistance as your teaching in foreign countries does FYI

You being a teacher teaching in foreign countries adds up to you basically being another worthless government worker depending on government contracts. Hence, you hate a Trump infinitely as he threatens to eliminate government waste, which your teaching stint reeks. And this explains why you never speak negatively of Democrats and or obama!!! Your "agribusiness" is all that keeps you semi grounded in reality although you really are distanced from it most likely

Deny all I just said somehow or call me Jim because I've owned a cash cow mobile home park but I'm fairly close to your fake reality of yourself above I'm sure

No one in private business, like me, defends the communist party called Democrat, as you do. Anything you say is a smokescreen as you defend communism daily inadvertently

This post has value!
Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday said:

I don't need to hold office or have a law degree to know bs when I see it.

You should stay away from making arguments from authority. There's plenty of morons with PHD's and law degrees. As well as in congress. You wouldn't make an argument using the bible as an ultimatum reference point would you? No.

Trump is a billionaire and POTUS: You've made similar arguments against him that I've made against Colin. But I'm not going to deny your criticism against him because of his status.
Quote:

This is where you and I are different. I don't believe everything is subjective. If my neighbor is doing something stupid, I'm not going to reserve my beliefs just because he's my neighbor, especially if it personally effects me.

I'm privy to information such as the minimum wage issue I pointed out in my previous post to you. This is because I've studied the effects. These are things that are going to effect you personally as you've said you operate a business. You don't need sources to understand the following, but there are thousands of them which show the following effects:

• Employers with tight budgets may lay off employees to remain solvent. Some employees would make more, but others would have to seek other employment stressing the unemployment system.
  • Companies may pass on the cost of increased wages to consumers, in the form of price increases (the "scale effect"). This would raise the cost of living and create a need for further minimum wage increases.
  • Businesses may freeze new hires, limiting opportunities for recent college graduates and others entering (or re-entering) the job market.
  • Corporations may outsource more jobs to countries with lower (or non-existent) minimum wage standards.

Either Colin doesn't understand this or he does and he's fulfilling his party's agenda despite the negative consequences. There is no in between here unless you want to argue that these negative effects aren't true.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.