Apologize for being White

17,956 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Waco1947
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is this what all this is really about?

Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday said:

*** did I just watch? I thought this was a bit.
Jack and DP
No idea. But it's funny. Might be fake. She may have been afraid of a strange man.
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

*** did I just watch? I thought this was a bit.
I thought the same. It's like a Chappelle skit.

It could be satire, but hard to tell in today's world.
WacoKelly83
1000% fake. Lol
Jack Bauer
Stephen A just told white people that if they are silent, then they are compliant.

Must be why every single upper-class white woman has to post a 3 paragraph statement on Facebook this week.
Jack Bauer
Hey white people, set your profile to blackout with #BlackOutTuesday today.

Presto - you have SOLVED racism.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Stephen A just told white people that if they are silent, then they are compliant.

Must be why every single upper-class white woman has to post a 3 paragraph statement on Facebook this week.
What if we speak up and tell him to STFU? Can't be accused of being silent then.
WacoKelly83
Jack Bauer said:

Why do they have to be single?? I know married ladies fretting over this.
whitetrash
WacoKelly83 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Why do they have to be single?? I know married ladies fretting over this.
I'm assuming he meant single as "each and every" not "unmarried".
riflebear
Did he really just say he had a CEO? LOL.
I'm not sure which side in this video is dumber - both should win the award.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
After seeing the thread title, I thought for sure this was going to be another delirious, drunken, rambling, incoherent Waco1947 rant.
Canada2017
Same message since the 60's......white people suck .

The media and entertainment industry were initially subtle delivering this message throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's. But it was always the same......whites were the cause of everything bad .

Then came along Barrack Hussein Obama in 2008.

Years of propaganda worked as a 'guilt' riddled electorate voted for an almost totally inexperienced fella from Illinois .A man who's main appeal was the fact that he was half black .

And once in office President Obama amplified the message ......white people suck . For eight long years . Dude made blaming white people into a cultural phenomenon.

Today social media and 80% of the national media are literally screaming the same hate . Only now, if one dares disagree ....they are silenced.

Wonder if it works in 2020 ?

blackie
White people don't suck. But it is natural for those that feel comfortable with their situation to not worry so much about those that are unlike them, especially when they don't have concerns so much about their safety, ability to advance in life as they choose, and able to live in areas that don't tell them otherwise. Right now those that feel comfortable with how things exist today are highly likely to be white people.

As a result they don't really think often about those that aren't as well off, even if only relatively, whether they be African Americans, Mexican Americans, Native Americans, poor whites or others until they are forced to do so by some incident. If you are white and feel comfortable with your situation and don't think that you haven't fallen into this trap from time to time, you really aren't being honest with yourself. And if that is the case, you do suck.

You can harp all day about why poorer people are in their condition. But unless you walk in their shoes on a daily basis you really can't understand the obstacles facing them regardless of what they may be trying to do to get their life moving in a positive direction. Obviously government programs in the past have not done much to alleviate the condition. We have opened up opportunities that at least remove legal obstacles, but have not done the right things (whatever they may be) to remove cultural and social obstacles. For that, we all suck.
Booray
Canada2017 said:

Same message since the 60's......white people suck .

The media and entertainment industry were initially subtle delivering this message throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's. But it was always the same......whites were the cause of everything bad .

Then came along Barrack Hussein Obama in 2008.

Years of propaganda worked as a 'guilt' riddled electorate voted for an almost totally inexperienced fella from Illinois .A man who's main appeal was the fact that he was half black .

And once in office President Obama amplified the message ......white people suck . For eight long years . Dude made blaming white people into a cultural phenomenon.

Today social media and 80% of the national media are literally screaming the same hate . Only now, if one dares disagree ....they are silenced.

Wonder if it works in 2020 ?

you were not listening to what Barack Obama had to say about race. Post something that supports your view.
Doc Holliday
I'm pretty sure the woman's reaction is legit but not the guy.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

No, apologize for what whites have "done." You can not help being white , but you can change and DO the things that make for justice.

nein51
Here you go

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Is this the same crackpot that started the Jade helm hoax, protested against Starbucks for their hot nude symbol, has shone a light on the Illuminati ruling Hollywood and calls anyone he disagrees with ****skanks, homos and lesbians?

Good call Doc.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Canada2017
blackie said:

We have opened up opportunities that at least remove legal obstacles, but have not done the right things (whatever they may be) to remove cultural and social obstacles. For that, we all suck.

WHATEVER THEY MAY BE

There it is...perfect .

Trillions spent in aid, social services , job placement , education , Affirmative Action .......and its not enough . It's never going to be 'enough'.

' Gee we don't really know what else to do.......but we still suck anyway .' Absolutely perfect .

Newsflash dude:

You might suck... but I don't .

Neither does anyone else who pays taxes , loyally raises a family and contributes to our society .
Oldbear83
Golf

Foxtrot

Yankee
Canada2017
Meanwhile ...back to the flames .
blackie
Canada2017 said:

blackie said:

We have opened up opportunities that at least remove legal obstacles, but have not done the right things (whatever they may be) to remove cultural and social obstacles. For that, we all suck.

WHATEVER THEY MAY BE

There it is...perfect .

Trillions spent in aid, social services , job placement , education , Affirmative Action .......and its not enough . It's never going to be 'enough'.

' Gee we don't really know what else to do.......but we still suck anyway .' Absolutely perfect .

Newsflash dude:

Neither does anyone else who pays taxes , loyally raises a family and contributes to our society .
The point was that we haven't found what the answer is to make positive steps. Do you have the answer? I don't see a lot of creative solutions on this board. Do you really want to continue to spend trillions for more government programs and think it will make a real difference? I don't. We have been throwing things at this problem for decades. We as a society SUCK at finding a solution. More government programs is obviously not the answer. The answer is probably going to rely on personal relationships. But too many people are unwilling to do that (both Dems and Reps) saying they have done their part via their taxes. Perhaps you don't even want the problem alleviated. We are certainly not going to get any relieve from the White House.

And for OB, can any of you guys actually discuss a subject without putting in snide remarks or degrading the poster? I seldom see it. Is this the way you talk to people face to face? If so, that probably explains a lot of the reasons why we as a society are so splintered.
nein51
nein51 said:

Here you go

Seriously? Removed for what? It's from South Park.
br53
blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

blackie said:

WHATEVER THEY MAY BE

There it is...perfect .

Newsflash dude:

The point was that we haven't found what the answer is to make positive steps. Do you have the answer? I don't see a lot of creative solutions on this board. Do you really want to continue to spend trillions for more government programs and think it will make a real difference? I don't. We have been throwing things at this problem for decades. We as a society SUCK at finding a solution. More government programs is obviously not the answer. The answer is probably going to rely on personal relationships. But too many people are unwilling to do that (both Dems and Reps) saying they have done their part via their taxes. Perhaps you don't even want the problem alleviated. We are certainly not going to get any relieve from the White House.

And for OB, can any of you guys actually discuss a subject without putting in snide remarks or degrading the poster? I seldom see it. Is this the way you talk to people face to face? If so, that probably explains a lot of the reasons why we as a society are so splintered.
You will never find the answer, because you can never appease or please everyone. i will not apologize for being white or for something I did not do. I will not apologize for what others have done. There will always be a race war pumper on every side getting the juices flowing. There will always be one more thing we should do. How about this: If you dont like your current situation do something to get out of it. Put down the shovel stop digging and start climbing up. You dont like America because they are mean then Ask Siri on that phone you just looted where the hell you can go for the best opportunity to advance. Here is a hint on what she will say: America. Its still the greatest place on Earth. You dont believe me go pull this riot and looting crap in China, Somalia, Iran, Zimbabwe and see how many more breaths you take of that free air that you so enjoy. We dont suck at finding a solution, we suck at taking advantage of opportunities because it is easier to blame someone else for our failures than it is to look in the mirror and accept responsibility and get your ass to work. Try harder to be better. I can and I do and I will.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Oldbear83
blackie: "And for OB, can any of you guys actually discuss a subject without putting in snide remarks or degrading the poster? I seldom see it."

Speaking for myself, I can and do, with the qualification that when attacked I no longer just sit and take it. The Left regularly starts discussions with false claims and insults, yet you don't seem to see that.

Seriously, once in a while stop and look at the comments by Waco, TS, quash, and the other leftists and see the derision they spew at anyone who supports the President or traditional values.

There are some very good minds on each side, who go to trouble to present their arguments rationally. There are also others who do nothing but troll or attack. You may notice I have take Florda to task from time to time for such comments, but literally none of you on the left ever challenge someone on your own side to raise their game.

As long as you continue such hypocrisy, it's impossible to consider you interested in a real discussion.
blackie
br53 said:

blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

blackie said:

WHATEVER THEY MAY BE

There it is...perfect .

Newsflash dude:

You will never find the answer, because you can never appease or please everyone. i will not apologize for being white or for something I did not do. I will not apologize for what others have done. There will always be a race war pumper on every side getting the juices flowing. There will always be one more thing we should do. How about this: If you dont like your current situation do something to get out of it. Put down the shovel stop digging and start climbing up. You dont like America because they are mean then Ask Siri on that phone you just looted where the hell you can go for the best opportunity to advance. Here is a hint on what she will say: America. Its still the greatest place on Earth. You dont believe me go pull this riot and looting crap in China, Somalia, Iran, Zimbabwe and see how many more breaths you take of that free air that you so enjoy. We dont suck at finding a solution, we suck at taking advantage of opportunities because it is easier to blame someone else for our failures than it is to look in the mirror and accept responsibility and get your ass to work. Try harder to be better. I can and I do and I will.
Sorry br, I've started a response to your post several times, but there are not enough words or time to go into a days-long discussion, so I will keep it short. I agree with your last two sentences. I have always felt that way. But as I have grown older (now 71), I have seen too much to say that the fault of continuing division in this country is because people have not taken advantage of opportunities provided for them. The problem may just be we just have a heck of a lot more people needing opportunities than we have opportunities. But in some cases those potential opportunities are met with a roadblock right off the bat. And then in other cases the people who could provide an opportunity for that person to step up, don't want to provide it because of who that other person may be or who they are thought to be.

There is a difference faced by people of color (blacks, browns, Native Americans. etc.) and whites. I don't see how any objective person can come to any different conclusion. My family never had a lot of money, but I never felt limited in my life. Whatever direction I wanted to go was up to me. I didn't have to overcome any bias or prejudice from anyone. In other words, I didn't have to overcome anything just to be able to get started. Had I, perhaps I would have still overcome it, but if the barrier was so great, I couldn't get to that opportunity, I would never have been able to accomplish what I have in my life. Until you actually understand that, there is no discussion to be had.
br53
blackie said:

br53 said:

blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

blackie said:

WHATEVER THEY MAY BE

There it is...perfect .

Newsflash dude:

Sorry br, I've started a response to your post several times, but there are not enough words or time to go into a days-long discussion, so I will keep it short. I agree with your last two sentences. I have always felt that way. But as I have grown older (now 71), I have seen too much to say that the fault of continuing division in this country is because people have not taken advantage of opportunities provided for them. The problem may just be we just have a heck of a lot more people needing opportunities than we have opportunities. But in some cases those potential opportunities are met with a roadblock right off the bat. And then in other cases the people who could provide an opportunity for that person to step up, don't want to provide it because of who that other person may be or who they are thought to be.

There is a difference faced by people of color (blacks, browns, Native Americans. etc.) and whites. I don't see how any objective person can come to any different conclusion. My family never had a lot of money, but I never felt limited in my life. Whatever direction I wanted to go was up to me. I didn't have to overcome any bias or prejudice from anyone. In other words, I didn't have to overcome anything just to be able to get started. Had I, perhaps I would have still overcome it, but if the barrier was so great, I couldn't get to that opportunity, I would never have been able to accomplish what I have in my life. Until you actually understand that, there is no discussion to be had.
You can create your own opportunities also. There are alot more financial incentive opportunities for "minority owned" start up businesses now than ever before. You have to actually have initiative and many people of all races do not have that. If you want to stop racism and sexism look no further than the applications you fill out for admissions, loans, and testing. Stop requiring people to put their sex or race on these forms and let it be judged blindly
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
blackie
Oldbear83 said:

blackie: "And for OB, can any of you guys actually discuss a subject without putting in snide remarks or degrading the poster? I seldom see it."

Speaking for myself, I can and do, with the qualification that when attacked I no longer just sit and take it. The Left regularly starts discussions with false claims and insults, yet you don't seem to see that.

Seriously, once in a while stop and look at the comments by Waco, TS, quash, and the other leftists and see the derision they spew at anyone who supports the President or traditional values.

There are some very good minds on each side, who go to trouble to present their arguments rationally. There are also others who do nothing but troll or attack. You may notice I have take Florda to task from time to time for such comments, but literally none of you on the left ever challenge someone on your own side to raise their game.

As long as you continue such hypocrisy, it's impossible to consider you interested in a real discussion.
I don't think I have ever attacked anyone. If so, that was not my intention. I have disagreed with posts from both the "left" and the "right", especially when I see information that is, IMO, untrue or not looking at both sides of any issue. I guess if that is your definition of attacking the poster or being hypocritical, I guess that is your call, but not mine. I don't buy into all the conspiracy theories that surface here from time to time. And I don't like it when one side or the other fails to tell the whole story, only providing information that supports their side's agenda. I support traditional values. I also assume anything Trump says is not true until I can verify from other sources. I don't blindly back up the guy.

I don't appreciate your view of me being on the left. Why? Because I write a post that calls into question why we still have racial divides in this country and that we, the people, have to take some responsibility for it? FTR, I have voted Rep in 95% of the elections I have voted in my life (age 71). No one who knows me would call me "left". What they would call me is someone in the middle that sees glaring problems on both the left and the right and frustrated that both are playing a game that can never have any winners or long-term benefit to the country. I abhor abortion in all but extreme cases and disagree with a lot of the Dem agenda, but I also don't see a need for people to have guns strapped to their body and show up in civil demonstrations decked out like Rambo, and don't believe that everyone who votes Dem is trying to destroy the country.

But, please explain what is hypocrisy in my post and how I attacked you to warrant your GFY response, which had nothing to do with the issue discussed.
Jack and DP
blackie, you are a good man. It's true that some don't have much of a chance. I had a simple, yet very real exchange with an athlete that I was officiating at a track meet. I'd watched him play football, as well, and he was a solid athlete. I asked him if he was going to play college ball. He answered, "yessir, I'm gonna play JUCO ball. I gotta get up outta Prentiss". It really resonated with me that the JUCO chance might be his only shot at getting out of there. He wasn't from a bad small town, but it's easy to fall into traps in places like that. You and I may have four or five good shots like that. But for kids like him, that may be it.
blackie
br53 said:

blackie said:

br53 said:

blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

blackie said:

WHATEVER THEY MAY BE

There it is...perfect .

Newsflash dude:

You can create your own opportunities also. There are alot more financial incentive opportunities for "minority owned" start up businesses now than ever before. You have to actually have initiative and many people of all races do not have that. If you want to stop racism and sexism look no further than the applications you fill out for admissions, loans, and testing. Stop requiring people to put their sex or race on these forms and let it be judged blindly
Your last sentence is just an example of the barriers of which I mentioned. How many biased employers or loan officers are just going to go ahead and trash it because of "what" the person is? That opportunity is lost before they even get a chance. Also how is a ten year old, for example on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota going start a business? He/she is doing good just to make it through the winter, even with food programs. We "assume" that people have these opportunities, but does it really get down to everyone? And do we care enough to demand change?

It would help if we (us) and the news media didn't identifying a person we don't know by the race as the first description. Ex: "crime was committed by a black (or white) male", or "you know, that black guy down the street".

We can put blame on people for their own situations all we want, but we are not free from adding to the problem regardless of what taxes we pay or how benevolent we think we are. We put up obstacles which we don't even know or think about.
blackie
Jack and DP said:

blackie, you are a good man. It's true that some don't have much of a chance. I had a simple, yet very real exchange with an athlete that I was officiating at a track meet. I'd watched him play football, as well, and he was a solid athlete. I asked him if he was going to play college ball. He answered, "yessir, I'm gonna play JUCO ball. I gotta get up outta Prentiss". It really resonated with me that the JUCO chance might be his only shot at getting out of there. He wasn't from a bad small town, but it's easy to fall into traps in places like that. You and I may have four or five good shots like that. But for kids like him, that may be it.
Jack, thanks for your thoughtful and insightful response.
Oldbear83
Thanks for your reply blackie. I don't think there is much purpose to digging deeper into what is obviously driving emotional bickering, so I will focus on the main problem in this thread, as follows.

Some of the best advice I received as a young man, even though I sometimes found it hard to apply to internet discussions, is that while you may ask for many things, demanding them generally is a poor course of action, and this is especially true in divisive matters.

Like you, I have been around for a long time and have seen this nation face many crises related to race. There has been some good progress and a great many concessions made in the name of fairness. But I observe that the groups which make demands are never satisfied with whatever is decided - they always come back with more and more demands, including many which are nothing but greed and malice.

Literally trillions of tax dollars spent in programs to help one specific race, academic and social pandering to a single race to make the most extreme of that group feel important, special advantages in college admissions and employment in the name of that same sense of fairness, and yet the groups which have received the most are unwilling to address their own internal issues. Black on black crime remains the greatest criminal threat in the country, the lack of nuclear families keeps generations of Americans in poverty and lacing a vital stability in their hopes and dreams. And this week we see that the people most outraged (rightly) by an injustice, do great damage to their own credibility by destroying buildings in their own communities owned by innocent individuals and businesses, and looting as if that was more important than respecting the memory of Mr. Floyd.

My family fought in the Civil War to end Slavery, and has never engaged in any behavior which a reasonable person would call racist. I married someone outside my own race and have worked under and with countless people of all races, promoting many people of color over the years purely on the basis of their excellent work and skills. Yet I am judged on the basis of my own color, and told I am evil just for my own rational opinions based on experience and specific behavior of individuals.

My 'GFY' remark was to every single one of the mercenaries and black-hearted malefactors who attack everyone on the basis of their race, in the craven pursuit of power and money. To them I say you received much over the years, but where I have a vote, I will say not one more penny, not one more special privilege to anyone just because of race.

Canada2017
blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

blackie said:

WHATEVER THEY MAY BE

There it is...perfect .

Newsflash dude:

The answer is INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY.

And if some dummy wants to use drugs , get obese, father a kid ( or 2 or 3 ) outside of wedlock , grab a felony charge....that's up to HIM.

This bull**** you and your ilk have been pushing for the last 35 years is what has got us to this point .

People burning down churches and businesses....but it 'society's fault'.

100% bull**** .

Mitch Blood Green
I'm sorry for being white.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.