Russia Allegedly offered Muslim Fighters Bounties

15,545 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GoldMind
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/27/russia-offered-bounties-afghanistan-militants-killing-us-soldiers-report-outrage
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
ScruffyD
need to hear from the support the troops crowd on this.

wish trump would go back to West Point now and see what kinda reception he'd get.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ScruffyD said:

need to hear from the support the troops crowd on this.

wish trump would go back to West Point now and see what kinda reception he'd get.
I support the troops. Always have. I even support more bringing our troops home. This post.thread is just another reason why it should happen.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack and DP

Jack and DP
cinque
If Trump says he had no idea, believe just the opposite.
GoldMind
The "civilians" in Afghanistan and other nations are known to stretch the truth, I'll say that.

Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
cinque
CHP Bear
cinque said:

Paragraph 4 re: not clear. In other words don't know, have no idea, guessing, no evidence. As for didn't know? Ever occur to you it could be true, or do you have first hand knowledge of briefing. Otherwise, fake news. TDS NYT hit piece, election year, Biden supporter publication, unnamed sources, now it's adding up. How does it go "the sum is the whole of its parts." First sentence in Lincoln Project Mission Statement, "Defeat President Trump and Trumpism at ballot box." Isn't it ironic The Lincoln Project is made up of RINOs. I'm thinking The RINO Project would be more apropos. Do you think George Conway and the other Advisors of The RINO Project might also be suffering from TDS? I'd say, George and his herd of RINOS are also a part of the sum. TDS RINOS against Trump don't surprise me, Also, not surprised these same RINOS are running ads supporting the Democrat Montana US Senate Candidate over the Republican. Aesop was right, beware of Republicans in sheep's clothing.
The_barBEARian
cinque said:

If this is fake news, they need to shut NYT down for treason. They are crossing a lot of lines with this story! You dont use soldiers lives for political games. This is even one step further than they took the fake Russian impeachment...
The_barBEARian
This is the kind of **** that you send in the FBI and start tossing over tables and freezing bank accounts... NYT should not be able to get away with a lie like this!
The_barBEARian
Between this and politicizing COVID to tank the economy... and my savings since I just went all in with the market about a month and a half ago... the democrats and media are going to push people over the edge... and I know which fake news outlets I am going after!
cms186
The_barBEARian said:

cinque said:

If this is fake news, they need to shut NYT down for treason. They are crossing a lot of lines with this story! You dont use soldiers lives for political games. This is even one step further than they took the fake Russian impeachment...
and what if its NOT "fake news"?

Trump has used Soldiers lives for political gains before, so i guess its fine for him though?
I'm the English Guy
ScruffyD
US and European intelligence reporting this. But yes I'm sure it's another hoax.

The last hoax was such a laugher

CHP Bear
cms186 said:

The_barBEARian said:

cinque said:

Trump has used Soldiers lives for political gains before, so i guess its fine for him though?
I heard a NYTs/Project Lincoln unnamed source says, "If the dog hadn't stopped to take a dump he'd have caught the rabbit." What if it's "fake news"? Or what if it's not? Or what if it's total BS? One thing for sure if we're going to chase rabbits take a dump before heading into the weeds.
ScruffyD
WSJ also reporting it. Clearly a liberal rag.
BaylorTaxman
Putting aside who knew what and when, what should our response be if we can confirm Russia did do this?
HuMcK
Bet I know what the answer will turn out to be: not a damn thing, not even a verbal rebuke. Trump has a tough election coming up, in his mind doing something about this would be upsetting a personal ally who's help he's counting on to win.
riflebear
How many times are you libs going to fall for fake propaganda? 50 100 500?

Not even Obama would do something like this. Everyone has denied this within the intelligence community and they confirmed the VP and President were never briefed on it.

Instead of believing lies how about going after the liberal media again for trying to damage foreign relations and start a world war purely for politics. How sad that some of u hate POTUS so much you would believe this.

We all knew the media would go all in to defeat Trump these last few months with outrageous lies but never saw this coming.

If there is even the slightest .001% chance this becomes true then everyone will go down.
riflebear
Funny how Twitter puts a notice on a Trump tweet it could be misleading yet allows this propaganda to spread like wildfire with no warning.

The media and social media companies are more of a danger to the US than Russia Iran or China could ever dream of being.
riflebear
cms186 said:

The_barBEARian said:

cinque said:

Please enlighten us? Do you mean Obama sitting back and letting ISIS grow around the world killing thousands of innocent people and US troops. Might want to learn your history first.
riflebear
HuMcK said:

Bet I know what the answer will turn out to be: not a damn thing, not even a verbal rebuke. Trump has a tough election coming up, in his mind doing something about this would be upsetting a personal ally who's help he's counting on to win.

You know he's been tougher on Russia than Obama ever was.
riflebear
NYtimes throws a mutiny after Tom Cotton's op ed about allowing US troops to defend our cities but their employees go along with this? They are evil people and that's not an exaggeration.
riflebear
BaylorTaxman said:

Putting aside who knew what and when, what should our response be if we can confirm Russia did do this?

This echoed a statement from Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, who said he "confirmed that neither the president nor the vice president were ever briefed on any intelligence alleged by the New York Times in its reporting yesterday."
BaylorOkie
HuMcK said:

The question was "what should our response be," not "what will our response be?" If you stop and look closely, this was an attempt at real discussion.

Trump is so in your head you can't even properly comprehend a simple question. Your TDS is virtually unmatched on this forum.
CHP Bear
HuMcK said:

Have you ever thought of fishing for relaxation, or a walk in the woods, or river rafting, or visiting a National Park, or watching a sunrise or sunset. Suggestion, grab a cup of coffe and head for the outside early AM and listen to the morning sounds of nature. Visualize a tree and compare its growth rings to your life and do some soul searching. Then ask yourself is the TDS ulcer worth it?
Thee University
cms186 said:

You mean kind of like Lincoln?

He only executed about 600,000 Americans and maimed even more.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
cms186
Thee University said:

cms186 said:

You mean kind of like Lincoln?

He only executed about 600,000 Americans and maimed even more.
you're trying toi claim Soldiers killed in a war are "executed"? you sure about that buddy?
I'm the English Guy
HuMcK
What do you think was accomplished with your post? Was it just an excuse to bust out that infantile cringe-inducing "TDS" term? Certainly didn't contributing anything to any "real discussion" you alluded to.

I can think of some things I would do in response, like e.g. reciprocity by funding belligerents in Syria (Libya?) to send Russian cadavers home (that's probably off the table since Trump gifted East Syria back to Assad/Putin), possibly a cyber attack similar to what Israel did to Iran earlier his week, or some good old fashioned sanctions. Problem is, and this was the point of my last post that evidently went over your head, this administration has shown that they have no appetite or will to confront Russia. They didn't after 2016 when Russians committed espionage against fellow Americans (in support of Trump...), or after Salisbury, or ever. And why would they? Russia helped put Trump in power and an election is coming up, so that's what Trump is focused on.

I don't really blame the Russians, this is essentially a cold war after all and we (but not Trump seemingly...) are their enemy. I do blame Trump for letting it slide. Trump says he didn't know about it before, but now he does, so let's see what (if anything) he does about it. I won't be holding my breath.
riflebear
Speaking of Russia - I wonder why the media won't report on this?

HuMcK
That's the guy Trump trusted to represent his interest along with with Erik Prince while negotiating...something as yet undisclosed...in the Seychelles. Mueller is not the one he reflects badly on...
The_barBEARian
ScruffyD said:

WSJ also reporting it. Clearly a liberal rag.

If this did turn out to be fake news, do you agree they should shut the NYT down and seize their assets?
corncob pipe
How many Russian boys did we kill by giving aid to the Mujahideen... ?

If this story is true... fug it.... we had it coming to us

If this story is made up... fug it.... we had it coming to us
ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

What do you think was accomplished with your post? Was it just an excuse to bust out that infantile cringe-inducing "TDS" term? Certainly didn't contributing anything to any "real discussion" you alluded to.

I can think of some things I would do in response, like e.g. reciprocity by funding belligerents in Syria (Libya?) to send Russian cadavers home (that's probably off the table since Trump gifted East Syria back to Assad/Putin), possibly a cyber attack similar to what Israel did to Iran earlier his week, or some good old fashioned sanctions. Problem is, and this was the point of my last post that evidently went over your head, this administration has shown that they have no appetite or will to confront Russia. They didn't after 2016 when Russians committed espionage against fellow Americans (in support of Trump...), or after Salisbury, or ever. And why would they? Russia helped put Trump in power and an election is coming up, so that's what Trump is focused on.

I don't really blame the Russians, this is essentially a cold war after all and we (but not Trump seemingly...) are their enemy. I do blame Trump for letting it slide. Trump says he didn't know about it before, but now he does, so let's see what (if anything) he does about it. I won't be holding my breath.
What did Russia reciprocate with when we killed hundreds of them in 2018?
HuMcK
This I guess, although that was an offensive maneuver by them so our defensive response was technically the reciprocation, and we essentially gave them back eastern Syria since then anyway. Those weren't Russian regulars btw, they were Wagner mercs, basically Russian Blackwater or whatever they're called now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.