Obvious Plan Quiet Part Being Said Outloud

16,046 Views | 256 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HuMcK
Booray
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

Lol ok, I guess I shouldn't have believed my lying eyes then, all the sorting equipment removals and rules changes are just being done for fun. The problem you have here is I can point to a wealth of evidence, you seem to be making a bunch of unsupported statements and acting like that's the obvious truth.
point to evidence please

My evidence starts with this plan to revamp the post office months ago when Trump was looking to win by a good margin(prior to covid) and 2.2 billion loss last quarter. Totally unsustainable, that is an unsustainable business model requiring revamp or close.

This is a boogey man finger pointing tactic to get people worked up.

No need to mail everyone a ballot anyway. Go to the polls and vote. If you can go to grocery store and kids can go back to school, you can go vote in person.
Yep....

Liberals trying to change rules that have been in place for over 200 years just days before an election in an effort to steal the White House.

If you can't win it, then engineer it.

If all these democrats truly care about the integrity of our election, then they are more than free to delay it (until it's safe to go outside) and require every voter to show up in person with ID in hand, that way they can make sure that no Russians are here voting for Trump.

Change the rules? What are you talking about? 34 states already allow no-excuse mail in voting. The other 16 allow mail votes in defined situations. Mailed ballots have been around forever.
robby44
Booray said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Can you guys share what they serve at the Flat Earth Society? Beer? Wine? Hard Stuff?
This coming from the supporter of an administration where the Q nuts feel at home.

Yep

Trump praises QAnon conspiracists, appreciates support

https://www.apnews.com/535e145ee67dd757660157be39d05d3f
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

Lol ok, I guess I shouldn't have believed my lying eyes then, all the sorting equipment removals and rules changes are just being done for fun. The problem you have here is I can point to a wealth of evidence, you seem to be making a bunch of unsupported statements and acting like that's the obvious truth.
point to evidence please

My evidence starts with this plan to revamp the post office months ago when Trump was looking to win by a good margin(prior to covid) and 2.2 billion loss last quarter. Totally unsustainable, that is an unsustainable business model requiring revamp or close.

No need to mail everyone a ballot anyway. Go to the polls and vote. If you can go to grocery store and kids can go back to school, you can go vote in person.
Yep....

Liberals trying to change rules that have been in place for over 200 years just days before an election in an effort to steal the White House.

If all these democrats truly care about the integrity of our election, then they are more than free to delay it (until it's safe to go outside) and require every voter to show up in person with ID in hand, that way they can make sure that no Russians are here voting for Trump.

Change the rules? What are you talking about? 34 states already allow no-excuse mail in voting. The other 16 allow mail votes in defined situations. Mailed ballots have been around forever.
There's a difference between requesting an absentee ballot and a mass ballot mail out, which most democrats want to see happen.

So yeah, trying to change the rules
HuMcK
Changing the rules...like how GOP govs are changing postmark date rules to exclude ballots delivered past election day by an intentionally hobbled and slowed-down USPS.
D. C. Bear
HuMcK said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

You ever notice how you never back your statements up with any evidence or examples, just unsupported conclusory statements that completely ignore whatever evidence you are presented with? Funny how that works. And you have the gall to tell others they are being played, lol.

That form of Trumpism is a disease in America. You say you aren't a Trunp supporter, but you spend a lot of time and effort defending him...

Do I need to repeat Gruvin's points? If so, why?
Would you accept them coming from me be not from him?
Does the fact that the USPS is facing long term declining mail volume and continued high costs make any difference?
Does losing billions of dollars even register for you?
Do you really think I am "defending Trump" by calling him a liar on this issue?

Long term declining mail volume...except for the huge spike in demand due to the pandemic...to which the admin has responded by demonizing mail ballots and removing sorting capacity, among other things I have already detailed (but you pointedly declined to even aknowledge). I can keep showing you the dots, but I can't make you understand something you dont want to see. And hey, what's a few dead vets due to late arriving meds in the grand scheme of things anyway? All that matters is owning the libs, amiright?

You dont defend Trump by name, just his positions. I see it a lot in Republicans who know just how terrible of a POTUS Trump is, and think they can have it both ways by offering light criticism while supporting his actions. You call him a liar, but support no accountability or actions based on those lies, in fact you go after others for caring about it, so what does it even matter that you called him a liar?

You are simply wrong that mail volume has increased during the pandemic. Quite the contrary, mail volume has collapsed during the pandemic. You can read about it here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-postal-service-was-in-trouble-before-covid-19-now-its-fighting-for-its-life/2020/03/25/b5b10c6a-6ee0-11ea-96a0-df4c5d9284af_story.html%3foutputType=amp

As you can see, Democrats in the House were demanding $25 billion for the USPS or it would shut down as soon as June back in March. It is the same $25 billion they are trying to negotiate now using voting as an excuse to rile their base (as Trump is trying to rile up his base with claims of fraud on the way). As you can also see, the the desperate needs for operational changes due to the poor financial state of the USPS brought about by the ongoing decline in mail volume and the decline, yes, decline in mail volume brought about by the pandemic existed before Trump's "hand picked donor," as you call him, became post master general.

If you believe there is a spike in mail volume, you are either making it up or you are being played by someone who lied to you about the volume of mail during the pandemic.

I'm not voting for Trump (and I'm not a Republican anyway).
That's my accountability.
That is how our system works.
Doc Holliday
Blockchain technology could work for mail in voting by ensuring accuracy.

Democrats would be against it.
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

Changing the rules...like how GOP govs are changing postmark date rules to exclude ballots delivered past election day by an intentionally hobbled and slowed-down USPS.
Yep, democrats trying to change the rules. You can't change how a President is elected (Electoral College), so you want to change how we vote.... but hey, let's pretend that a mass ballot mail out campaign is not new.
Booray
HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

There's a difference between requesting an absentee ballot and a mass ballot mail out, which most democrats want to see happen.

There is a rule against mailing out ballots that are not specifically requested? Could you send cite that rule for us?
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

There is a rule against mailing out ballots that are not specifically requested? Could you send cite that rule for us?
It's not a matter of rules...it literally is impossible to have mass mail in voting.
4th and Inches
HuMcK said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

You ever notice how you never back your statements up with any evidence or examples, just unsupported conclusory statements that completely ignore whatever evidence you are presented with? Funny how that works. And you have the gall to tell others they are being played, lol.

That form of Trumpism is a disease in America. You say you aren't a Trunp supporter, but you spend a lot of time and effort defending him...

Does the fact that the USPS is facing long term declining mail volume and continued high costs make any difference?

Long term declining mail volume...except for the huge spike in demand due to the pandemic...to which the admin has responded by demonizing mail ballots and removing sorting capacity, among other things I have already detailed (but you pointedly declined to even aknowledge). I can keep showing you the dots, but I can't make you understand something you dont want to see. And hey, what's a few dead vets due to late arriving meds in the grand scheme of things anyway? All that matters is owning the libs, amiright?

You dont defend Trump by name, just his positions. I see it a lot in Republicans who know just how terrible of a POTUS Trump is, and think they can have it both ways by offering light criticism while supporting his actions. You call him a liar, but support no accountability or actions based on those lies, in fact you go after others for caring about it, so what does it even matter that you called him a liar?
They removed a small percentage of mailsorters that it was equivalent to 21 million pieces of mail per hour. do you think 150 million total ballots will have that much affect on a system that's capable of doing that?

At this point, I'm just going along with you saying we actually need 150 million mail in ballots, which I believe is not the case at all. We might need 50 million mail in ballots which the post office can handle just fine. The government officials that are pushing mail in ballots as opposed to going to the polls is ridiculous. Get out and vote.
HuMcK
Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

They removed a small percentage of mailsorters that it was equivalent to 21 million pieces of mail per hour. do you think 150 million total ballots will have that much affect on a system that's capable of doing that?

At this point, I'm just going along with you saying we actually need 150 million mail in ballots, which I believe is not the case at all. We might need 50 million mail in ballots which the post office can handle just fine. The government officials that are pushing mail in ballots as opposed to going to the polls is ridiculous. Get out and vote.

Are we just putting words in other people's mouths to argue against a straw-man now?

I just cant believe all these small government skeptics are now taking a government agency, newly led by a Trump donor, at its word that this election year stunt is just a "reorganization". Never mind Trump's public statements about how any expansion of mail in ballots is rigging election, and he will fight to prevent it. Can't wait to see what yall come up with when he says his loss is illegitimate, but I'm damn sure what side you'll fall down on.

Are you really that gullible? I have a fantastic financial opportunity for you, but I'll need your banking info up front.
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

It's not a matter of rules...it literally is impossible to have mass mail in voting.
So Far:

You are changing the rules!!!

Which rule?

Its not a matter of rules!

Next:

Why is it impossible to have mass mail in voting?
D. C. Bear
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

So Far:

Which rule?

Next:

It is not impossible, but it is a bad idea.
D. C. Bear
HuMcK said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Are we just putting words in other people's mouths to argue against a straw-man now?

I just cant believe all these small government skeptics are now taking a government agency, newly led by a Trump donor, at its word that this election year stunt is just a "reorganization". Never mind Trump's public statements about how any expansion of mail in ballots is rigging election, and he will fight to prevent it. Can't wait to see what yall come up with when he says his loss is illegitimate, but I'm damn sure what side you'll fall down on.

Are you really that gullible? I have a fantastic financial opportunity for you, but I'll need your banking info up front.

Are you that gullible? Trump is lying to you. The media is lying to you. The Democrats are lying to you. You and many others on all sides are getting riled up about a crisis that isn't a crisis. Forgive me for not joining you in your angst over this.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

So Far:

Which rule?

Next:

It's never been tried on this scale.

We need to test it for years before we can ensure accuracy. Blockchain technology needs to be applied.
Booray
D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

So Far:

Which rule?

Next:

So Far:

Which rule?

Next:

Its impossible to do mass mail ins.

Its not impossible, just a bad idea.

Continuing:

Its a bad idea to do mass mail ins.

Why are mass mail ins a bad idea?
4th and Inches
HuMcK said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

You're right, trumps trying to rig the election. He started dismantling the post office knowing that we were going to need mail in ballots before covid even happened. The guys a 4-D Chessmaster genius but he's also incompetent and stupidest person you've ever met. Head in the sand

Its funny that you mention how we will not be able to reconcile ourselves with the Trump loss when the Democrat party has spent four years not reconciling the fact that they lost to trump in the first place. Oh the irony...

it also shows that we who see the world without Red or Blue colored glasses are immediately tagged as one or the other by the binaries when we hold opposing views

I am one person, I get one vote. If the majority of our nation through the electoral college system says that Biden is our new president then I will respect that decision.

I will also feel sad for our country because I've actually listened to the policies in which they are trying to push onto the American people and there is no way that those policies will narrow the economic gap and will be paid for at the expense of the middle class. I'm sure it is no coincidence that the previous administration's policies did not benefit the self-employed and did not promote private sector growth.
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

Where's a rule that states we must mail out millions upon millions of ballots, does the constitution even guarantee someone the right to cast an absentee vote before election day?

So if 34 states already allow no-excuse mail in voting and the other 16 states allow mail voted in certain situations, then why should the federal government hastily mail out millions upon millions ballots? Sounds like voters can already vote by mail. Problem averted.
Booray
HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

Where's a rule that states we must mail out millions upon millions of ballots, does the constitution even guarantee someone the right to cast an absentee vote before election day?

So if 34 states already allow no-excuse mail in voting and the other 16 states allow mail voted in certain situations, then why should the federal government hastily mail out millions upon millions ballots? Sounds like voters can already vote by mail. Problem averted.
There is no rule saying we have to do it; there doesn't need to be. It is the states' decisions as to whether they want to do it. One reason for sending them out without request is that it eliminates the need to request, cutting the mailing/telephone calls/emails in half. A second reason is that it allows the ballots to be out early and returned early so there is less wait time on the actual election date. A third reason is that the whoever runs the voting can be sure ballots are sent to registered address rather than the requested address.

Trumpkins are really petrified of democracy.
Canada2017
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

There is no rule saying we have to do it; there doesn't need to be. It is the states' decisions as to whether they want to do it. One reason for sending them out without request is that it eliminates the need to request, cutting the mailing/telephone calls/emails in half. A second reason is that it allows the ballots to be out early and returned early so there is less wait time on the actual election date. A third reason is that the whoever runs the voting can be sure ballots are sent to registered address rather than the requested address.

Bull

You leftists want to destroy it .

Some knowingly....some out of arrogance mixed with a complete ignorance of past events .
Booray
Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

Bull

Some knowingly....some out of arrogance mixed with a complete ignorance of past events .
If Trump supporters (and really the GOP in general) are such big fans of democracy, why have they spent so much time and energy making it harder to vote? Fewer polling places, shorter or no early voting, shorter voting hours, misguided voter roll purges have been their playbook. Its not hard to see.

The faux hysteria over mail in ballots is just the latest.
Canada2017
Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

Bull

If Trump supporters (and really the GOP in general) are such big fans of democracy, why have they spent so much time and energy making it harder to vote? Fewer polling places, shorter or no early voting, shorter voting hours, misguided voter roll purges have been their playbook. Its not hard to see.

If you leftists are so fond of democracy....why are your surrogates burning, looting , and killing throughout the country ?

It's an attempt at intimidation....an often used tool of leftists throughout the world .

D. C. Bear
Booray said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

So Far:

Which rule?

Next:

So Far:

Which rule?

Next:

Its impossible to do mass mail ins.

Its not impossible, just a bad idea.

Continuing:

Its a bad idea to do mass mail ins.

Why are mass mail ins a bad idea?

I would note that I'm not complaining about "changing the rules" or saying it would be "impossible" to do a vote by mail, so you don't need to lump me with those arguments.

Mass mailing voting is a bad idea because it is subject to being less accurate than systems where the ballots are controlled by county election officials. The USPS is just not designed to provide the level of security and accuracy that elections deserve. Ballots can be spoiled on the way to the voters and on the way back. Post marks can be unreadable. In one recent election in New York, about 20 percent of the mail in ballots were rejected, though 1-2 percent is more common. If someone votes twice (once by mail and once in person) the initial vote should be cancelled, but that is yet another source for error. Most of the time, it doesn't matter because the margin of victory in the election will be greater than the error in the system, even with additional issues of disenfranchisement caused by inaccuracy in the system.

In addition, early voting generally is a pretty bad idea and should be minimized whenever possible. (Just like Heisman voters filling out their ballots before the season is over. Things can come up).
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

Bull

Do you get a lot of hate because you side with radical leftists?

Your views threaten the average man's wallet and livelihood...you're probably not even aware.
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

So you think that hastily mailing out million upon millions of votes to those that never requested one, couldn't be wrought with fraud?

You don't think that ballots could be filled out and signatures forged?

You don't think that dead people could receive ballots?

On the contrary, us Trumpkins, love democracy....I think every American citizen should show up and cast their one vote. I would love for every American to show up.

How about a compromise... I've never been a fan of absentee votes or early voting... but how about this... how about we allow every American to request an absentee vote if they want one and how about we lengthen the early voting period. We can even increase the number of voting locations too.
Booray
HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

So you think that hastily mailing out million upon millions of votes to those that never requested one, couldn't be wrought with fraud?

On the contrary, us Trumpkins, love democracy....I think every American citizen should show up and cast their one vote. I would love for every American to show up.

How about a compromise... I've never been a fan of absentee votes or early voting... but how about this... how about we allow every American to request an absentee vote if they want one and how about we lengthen the early voting period. We can even increase the number of voting locations too.
I'm all for your compromise.

You realize, of course, that it is 180 degrees opposite of what the GOP has done on voting for the past 20 years.
fadskier
HuMcK said:

Speaking of obvious plans being discussed out loud, your boy Trump is doing all he can to steal an election...

I can't believe you just said that...worse is I think you actually believe it.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

You realize, of course, that it is 180 degrees opposite of what the GOP has done on voting for the past 20 years.
Glad to see you're willing to compromise.

And actually, both parties have played election games for more than 200 years. Not just the GOP
Booray
HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

And actually, both parties have played election games for more than 200 years. Not just the GOP
Not really interested in Martin Van Buren's election tricks. For the past 25 years and right up to now, its been the GOP who has tried its hardest to keep people from voting.
robby44
What kind of ****hole businessman bankrupts six casinos and an airline and a magazine and modeling agency and mortgage brokerage and a luxury hotel and a board game and a fake university and a scam charity and a whole football league and the entire ****ing U.S. postal system
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

Not really interested in Martin Van Buren's election tricks. For the past 25 years and right up to now, its been the GOP who has tried its hardest to keep people from voting.
You just really wanting to argue aren't ya'?

Let me guess; dems, goooood and GOP, baaaaaad.... all the time everytime.

If you believe that, you're a bigger clown than I already think.
Whiskey Pete
robby44 said:

What kind of ****hole businessman bankrupts six casinos and an airline and a magazine and modeling agency and mortgage brokerage and a luxury hotel and a board game and a fake university and a scam charity and a whole football league and the entire ****ing U.S. postal system
What kind of ******* is going to vote for a career politician who's been office for over 40 years, has accomplished nothing other than managing to keep his job, despite his racist past, by blaming others for what's wrong with America and then use his positions in Washington to enrich himself and his drug addicted kid?
Booray
HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

You just really wanting to argue aren't ya'?

Let me guess; dems, goooood and GOP, baaaaaad.... all the time everytime.

If you believe that, you're a bigger clown than I already think.
Its just that whataboutism from 200 years ago isn't all that convincing to me. Call me crazy.
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Gruvin said:

HuMcK said:

point to evidence please

Yep....

Trump's statement was a response to a question about why the covid stimulus bill was being delayed. It was delayed because Democrats demanded universal mail-in voting, meaning the states would no longer have a choice. That's how they were trying to change the rules, and that's what Trump said they couldn't do without the additional funds.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to oppose universal mail-in voting. Of course it's possible that Trump is determined to cripple the USPS regardless, but it isn't what he actually said. In any case, federal interference with state election rules is relatively unusual and deserves careful consideration in its own right. It's beyond disgraceful that Democrats would hold covid relief hostage over it, the partisan motive being quite obvious.
HuMcK
Y'all get it yet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.