RBG dead

18,746 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bearitto
Baylor3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did Covid get her?
Osodecentx
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I am sure trumpsters would do nothing hypocritical.
Absolutely
syme
Fake Russia scandal..BS IMPEACHMENT. Tell me what favors the Dems have earned?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
riflebear said:

The good thing is this will make Biden reveal who his pick could be. Maybe he'll be asked a tough question.
Hopefully Biden will reveal his pick as Hillary Rodham Clinton.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
riflebear
I heard Mitch said there will be a vote on the floor.

I'm not sure this is smart knowing the 3 Rhinos will not vote the person in which could hurt the Senate.

But, Mitch knows they are in risk of losing the majority so this is the last chance they have to bring in a conservative justice. Tough decision, I don't know which one would be smarter politically.
riflebear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

riflebear said:

The good thing is this will make Biden reveal who his pick could be. Maybe he'll be asked a tough question.
Hopefully Biden will reveal his pick as Hillary Rodham Clinton.
He'll probably nominate RBG
Baylor3216
Well Olympia snow may have this as her last act and chance to save her seat or she will he voted out
Doc Holliday
Bearitto
TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Jack and DP said:

RIP

It's nice of you to wish, but highly unlikely, given her advocacy for murdering babies.
She's at peace. She's moved into the same state she was in before she was conceived, nonexistent, except for remains. RIP

Whiskey Pete
I'd like to see conservative Amy Barrett get the gig, but it would be funny if Trump nominated Merrick Garland who is not a conservative, but is less liberal the RBG
riflebear
Doc Holliday said:

The GOP is always scared of what the media or the mob will do. They can't give in anymore. They did it w/ Mueller and that was the beginning of finishing the ultimate divide in this country and it exposed how ruthless & corrupt the liberals & Democrats are. Then Kavanaugh happened and then impeachment. Democrats have already said they will destroy the filibuster.

Mitch should have waited a day before talking about a vote but the GOP should not be scared of what the media says anymore. They will say awful things regardless and we know if it was reversed Dems would shove it through. I think a vote is fine and confirmation after the election.

BaylorBJM
"This nomination ought to be made by the president who will be elected this year. Let me remind you what I said in 2016. I said you'd have to go back to the 1880s to find the last time a vacancy on the Supreme Court occurring during a presidential election year was confirmed by a Senate of a different party than the President."
CHP Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Jack and DP said:

RIP

It's nice of you to wish, but highly unlikely, given her advocacy for murdering babies.
She's at peace. She's moved into the same state she was in before she was conceived, nonexistent, except for remains. RIP
Is this your roundabout way of saying you don't believe in God?
I vote yes.
BusyTarpDuster2017
TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Jack and DP said:

RIP

"At peace" is a state of being. You can not be nonexistent and at peace.
interlocking
HashTag said:

I'd like to see conservative Amy Barrett get the gig, but it would be funny if Trump nominated Merrick Garland who is not a conservative, but is less liberal the RBG

Seriously, Trump nominating Merrick Garland might actually be the best political move for him and the GOP.
Doc Holliday
riflebear said:

Doc Holliday said:

The GOP is always scared of what the media or the mob will do. They can't give in anymore. They did it w/ Mueller and that was the beginning of finishing the ultimate divide in this country and it exposed how ruthless & corrupt the liberals & Democrats are. Then Kavanaugh happened and then impeachment. Democrats have already said they will destroy the filibuster.

Mitch should have waited a day before talking about a vote but the GOP should not be scared of what the media says anymore. They will say awful things regardless and we know if it was reversed Dems would shove it through. I think a vote is fine and confirmation after the election.

So true. GOP is not aggressive whatsoever.
Doc Holliday
BayNavFreak said:

HashTag said:

Seriously, Trump nominating Merrick Garland might actually be the best political move for him and the GOP.
I swear he has one of those time travel machines from that new movie 'Tenet'. Definitely not a Russian arms dealer though
Bearitto
Why on earth should the Republicans concern themselves with accusations from evil leftists? The only party held to any standard not a double standard is the Republican Party. It's time to play the political game by Democrat rules instead of constantly hamstringing themselves by operating by standards Democrats have ignored since they lost their slaves and were forced to integrate lunch counters by Republicans.

Also, in honor of RBG, the family movie tonight will be The Wizard of Oz.
interlocking
Bearitto said:

Why on earth should the Republicans concern themselves with accusations from evil leftists? The only party held to any standard not a double standard is the Republican Party. It's time to play the political game by Democrat rules instead of constantly hamstringing themselves by operating by standards Democrats have ignored since they lost their slaves and were forced to integrate lunch counters by Republicans.

It seems like you have a lot of hate in your heart. I would encourage you to let go of some of that.
Bearitto
BayNavFreak said:

Bearitto said:

It seems like you have a lot of hate in your heart. I would encourage you to let go of some of that.

You should really stop projecting. Evil fuels everything leftist and evil is hate incarnate. You Democrats are bitter about losing your slaves and being forced, by Republicans, to share water fountains. You divide our nation by race and champion the murder of innocent babies. You are nothing but hate.

Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy a lovely movie with my family. Cheers!
Doc Holliday
No more rioting please.

BaylorBJM
This nomination ought to be made by the president who will be elected this year. Let me remind you what I said in 2016. I said you'd have to go back to the 1880s to find the last time a vacancy on the Supreme Court occurring during a presidential election year was confirmed by a Senate of a different party than the President."
Bearitto
BaylorBJM said:

This nomination ought to be made by the president who will be elected this year. Let me remind you what I said in 2016. I said you'd have to go back to the 1880s to find the last time a vacancy on the Supreme Court occurring during a presidential election year was confirmed by a Senate of a different party than the President."

Canada2017
Love her or hate her.......RBG was a brilliant, tough woman.

Held on long enough to win her final battle.......to be replaced after the 2020 election .
BaylorBJM
Bearitto said:

BaylorBJM said:

Responding from a Republican quote with "evil leftists" connotation from a 2016 republican-led house and executive...

Priceless.
Bearitto
BaylorBJM said:

Bearitto said:

BaylorBJM said:

Responding from a Republican quote with "evil leftists" connotation from a 2016 republican-led house and executive...

Priceless.

No. It was a response to you.
william
Baylor3216 said:

They're not going to try to rush it through.

Trump now wins in a bigger landslide though.
just the opposite. I would think.

this motivates the moderate middle left-ish woman - at least those for whom (varoom) abortion is a top 2 or 3 itthue - to vote for Plugs and Pal.

- KKM

Doc Holliday
FWBear
I perhaps would think differently if RBG had been a conservative member of the Court who would've left a void in a conservative seat necessary to maintain balance (i.e., hold the line against the leftist horde).

But that's not the case. There is much more to benefit for Trump and the Nation as a whole if he states that he will leave the pick to whomever wins. That will calm the leftist psychopaths who want to burn down America, maintain the sanctity and power of the Court, and get Republican voters to vote for Trump even if they despise him.

If he fills the spot right now, it will only cause the left to further destabilize our Republic.
Bearitto
william said:

Baylor3216 said:

They're not going to try to rush it through.

Trump now wins in a bigger landslide though.
just the opposite. I would think.

this motivates the moderate middle left-ish woman - at least those for whom (varoom) abortion is a top 2 or 3 itthue - to vote for Plugs and Pal.

- KKM

Plugs and pal? I heard it was PeePads and KneePads.
riflebear
Doc Holliday said:

No more rioting please.

That proves our point right there. There is nothing illegal about voting to confirm.

Ted Cruz just said the President should nominate someone and the Senate should try to confirm.
Sam Lowry
BaylorBJM said:

Not sure what your point is here. The president and Senate are of the same party.
william
riflebear said:

Doc Holliday said:

No more rioting please.

That proves our point right there. There is nothing illegal about voting to confirm.

Ted Cruz just said the President should nominate someone and the Senate should try to confirm.
meh - too late. they can do some staging and posturing. but it's almost oct.

- BUmma

Doc Holliday
riflebear said:

Doc Holliday said:

No more rioting please.

Yeah they're going to have to because the court would be deadlocked.

Could cause a crisis over the votes Democrats plan to count post election.
Sam Lowry
FWBear said:

There is much more to benefit for Trump and the Nation as a whole if he states that he will leave the pick to whomever wins. That will calm the leftist psychopaths who want to burn down America,
I doubt that. Their agenda is much larger than a Supreme Court seat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.