RBG dead

18,763 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bearitto
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BornAgain said:

Not sure how it is political suicidal to get it done before the election. You may know more than I do. Please explain. Why better after election than before ? If it could be done.

Independent voters would be outraged about such an unseemly nomination process .

Trump better lay off for his own good .

Which is not in his character .
cinque
Amazing:

Make Racism Wrong Again
riflebear
Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Not sure how it is political suicidal to get it done before the election. You may know more than I do. Please explain. Why better after election than before ? If it could be done.

Independent voters would be outraged about such an unseemly nomination process .

Canada2017
riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

These are not normal times .

Let the PEOPLE decide through the ballot box .

Win or lose .

To do otherwise would only damage Republicans across the country .

BearTruth13
Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

And yet, they are going to try.
riflebear
Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

What's the difference?

The one thing that could happen is Trump nominates someone but they decide they want to wait until after the election. Now I'm sure they would ask that person if they would accept before nominating but I wouldn't be surprised to see the person get so much pressure/threats that they would back out and wait until after the election.
riflebear
They will change the rules for anything regardless of what the GOP does -they already mentioned this after Kavanaugh

STxBear81
I just wished the dems would self destruct and fade away. The possibility of republicans seizing the moment and winning the majority of senate races and the presidency is close. If trump Wins again he could actually nominate several more Supreme Court justices and really redefine the country. Away from the CCP the dem want could definitely eliminate roe v Wade. And more.
Username checks out
BearTruth13 said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

I'm just shocked that Mitch McConnell turned out to have no integrity, after all.
Canada2017
BearTruth13 said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

Somehow I am not surprised .

Forest Bueller
Canada2017 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

Somehow I am not surprised .

Trump could use this to his advantage and pledge to hold off on nominating a Supreme Court justice if the democrats would agree on a compromised bi-partisan stimulus package, the 1.3 to 1.5 billion plan, not the pork barrel plan Pelosi keeps pushing. If democrats reject it, Trump by rights can pursue a nomination, if they agree, he gets the much needed relief to millions, relief that partisanship continues to block.

By the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.
cinque
Make Racism Wrong Again
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Did you see his response tonight?

Pretty classy, actually.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Oldbear83
Username checks out said:

BearTruth13 said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

I'm just shocked that Mitch McConnell turned out to have no integrity, after all.
Yet still more integrity than Barack Obama.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
643 Bears
Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Why is the election the deadline? They have until January, win or lose. Four months is plenty long enough.
syme
Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose

Wish things were that innocent. But their entire motive behind mail in voting is to muddy the water enough so that the COURTS decide.

They have the full backing of the media to control any narrative about the election. Republicans need to take the sure thing.
GrowlTowel
Buddha Bear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Hopefully Trump will fast track his pick (a conservative woman) and the country can be reminded of just how vile, nasty, and hateful the Democratic Party is.

I thought the Republican protocol was to wait until after the election to make the pick. Let the people decide right?

Nope. Biden rule.
Whiskey Pete
FWBear said:

I perhaps would think differently if RBG had been a conservative member of the Court who would've left a void in a conservative seat necessary to maintain balance (i.e., hold the line against the leftist horde).

But that's not the case. There is much more to benefit for Trump and the Nation as a whole if he states that he will leave the pick to whomever wins. That will calm the leftist psychopaths who want to burn down America, maintain the sanctity and power of the Court, and get Republican voters to vote for Trump even if they despise him.

If he fills the spot right now, it will only cause the left to further destabilize our Republic.

Just like Obama, who nominated a a Supreme Court Justice during in election year, Trump will do the same. There's NO reason for him to come out and say he's going to wait until after the election. If he did just that, it would piss of the people the voted for him in 2016 and those that are planning to vote for him in less than two months.

He has job to do and he'll do it. Next, it will be up to the Senate Majority Leader to bring it to a vote.

There's no benefit for Trump to leave the pick to whoever wins. That still wouldn't calm the leftist psychos, as they don't want to be calm. They'll continue to riot and loot and burn cities down. By doing his job and putting forth nominee, it's not violating the sanctity of the court.

Like I said, if Trump didn't nominate a justice, that would piss off his base and Republicans... maybe enough to stay home and not vote at all.

Y'all act like the POTUS has the ability to nominate and vote-in his selection. It's not Trump "filling the spot"... it's Trump putting forth a nominee and the Senate voting to fill it (or not).
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

BaylorBJM said:

This nomination ought to be made by the president who will be elected this year. Let me remind you what I said in 2016. I said you'd have to go back to the 1880s to find the last time a vacancy on the Supreme Court occurring during a presidential election year was confirmed by a Senate of a different party than the President."
Not sure what your point is here. The president and Senate are of the same party.
I think that point is lost on him
Buddha Bear
GrowlTowel said:

Buddha Bear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Hopefully Trump will fast track his pick (a conservative woman) and the country can be reminded of just how vile, nasty, and hateful the Democratic Party is.

I thought the Republican protocol was to wait until after the election to make the pick. Let the people decide right?

Nope. Biden rule.

Well looks like both sides have used it. Maybe best to stick with precedent
Whiskey Pete
FWBear said:

Such a bad idea to try to fill it now.
It's a bad idea to not try and fill it now.

For too many decades, the Republicans have tried to "lead" out of fear of what political ramification may (or may not) come about. They've been chickenchit long enough.

It's time to do their damn job.
cinque
cinque said:

So, what's changed other than Mitch's Lindsay's and Ted Cruz's positions?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

Love her or hate her.......RBG was a brilliant, tough woman.

Held on long enough to win her final battle.......to be replaced after the 2020 election .

She may be replaced after the election, but you can take it to the bank that if Trump loses or the senate loses a Republican majority, that vote will take place before January.
Bearitto
Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

The ballot box is being adulterated by Democrats through ballot harvesting, no voter ID and universal mail-in voting pushed to facilitate election fraud. If Trump wins, he will have won by a far wider majority than we will see. There's a good chance SCOTUS will have a say in this. There's no reason to play by honorable Republican rules any longer. It's time the Republicans started playing politics like Democrats. The Republicans can no longer let tradition and honor dictate how they play politics. They are in the mud with pigs...they need to start makin' bacon.
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

Nope. Far too much at stake when it's a lifetime appointment. This has the potential to reshape our country and the Republicans should seize the opportunity.
Buddha Bear
Bearitto said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

The ballot box is being adulterated by Democrats through ballot harvesting, no voter ID and universal mail-in voting pushed to facilitate election fraud. If Trump wins, he will have won by a far wider majority than we will see. There's a good chance SCOTUS will have a say in this. There's no reason to play by honorable Republican rules any longer. It's time the Republicans started playing politics like Democrats. The Republicans can no longer let tradition and honor dictate how they play politics. They are in the mud with pigs...they need to start makin' bacon.

The Republicans have been playing equally dirty politics for a long time. Its why they continue to win even without a majority of the votes. It's why Garland is not a supreme court judge.
cinque
Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Love her or hate her.......RBG was a brilliant, tough woman.

Held on long enough to win her final battle.......to be replaced after the 2020 election .

She may be replaced after the election, but you can take it to the bank that if Trump loses or the senate loses a Republican majority, that vote will take place before January.
That will only force the Dem's hand.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Whiskey Pete
BearTruth13 said:

Canada2017 said:

Republicans better wait till after the election to fill the seat .....to rush through a nominee this close to the election would be political suicide .

Hey we agree on something! Though there is the possibility that this would give the Dems something to vote for. They aren't voting for Biden. They might vote for a SCOTUS pick.
I thought they were voting for kamala, the VP pick.
Bearitto
Buddha Bear said:

Bearitto said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

The Republicans have been playing equally dirty politics for a long time. Its why they continue to win even without a majority of the votes. It's why Garland is not a supreme court judge.

The Republicans are absolute paragons of virtue compared to the evil that is the Democrat party. The Republicans have held themselves to a standard of honor and tradition that Democrats have ignored since the Republicans took their slaves away and made them share water fountains. It's time the Republicans got just as dirty as the Democrats. They will be lied about by the media and the Democrats (same) no matter what they do, so they might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.
ATL Bear
No reason not to nominate a Supreme Court replacement. Besides, Trump's record on nominees is mixed at best.
Whiskey Pete
Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

If Trump didn't do his job and nominate a justice, he would piss off far more conservatives and Republicans than those on the other side of the aisle if he did do it.

Like Obama, who nominated a justice during an election year, Trump must do the same. It's up to the Senate to actually bring it to a vote.
Whiskey Pete
Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

Republicans, for far too long, have legislated out of political fear. That has to change.
Whiskey Pete
Bearitto said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

Bingo!
Whiskey Pete
Buddha Bear said:

Bearitto said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

They're dirty because they won the electoral vote? You may need to check your copy of the constitution for a typo. That's the way it's done.

Maybe the dems should've put up a better candidate that you know... would've actually campaigned.

I love how liberals automatically assume that if this country elected a president by popular vote, Trump would've lost.
Buddha Bear
HashTag said:

Buddha Bear said:

Bearitto said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Win or lose .

They're dirty because they won the electoral vote? You may need to check your copy of the constitution for a typo. That's the way it's done.

Maybe the dems should've put up a better candidate that you know... would've actually campaigned.

I love how liberals automatically assume that if this country elected a president by popular vote, Trump would've lost.

I'm talking about more than Trump. I'm talking about Gerrymandering. A disdain for absentee voting. Purging voter roles. I was purged off the voter register last cycle. I had to register again upon my next visit back to the US. Why did this happen?

Both parties disgust me, but I think I'm to the point that I'll never vote Republican again. I havent in 12 years but this election cycle solidifies it for me for good. Mitch McConnell is the scum of the earth along with Schumer and Pelosi, but McConnell takes the cake. Worst American alive right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.