RBG dead

18,840 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bearitto
STxBear81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree that the Republicans should not give in to the democrats. If they do the country will never be the same as we know it. The hatred of the democrats towards Kavannaugh should be a reminder that the dems are vicious bullies. Power mongers. Never let them Have a upper hand. Momentum seems to be swinging in Republicans favor The Supreme Court needs 5-4 republican swing. Democrats will be burning down more buildings the next 6 weeks. Time for federal support.
Bruin
Doc Holliday said:

No more rioting please.

Suffer *****! You don't have a say in the matter.
FWBear
Sam Lowry said:

FWBear said:

There is much more to benefit for Trump and the Nation as a whole if he states that he will leave the pick to whomever wins. That will calm the leftist psychopaths who want to burn down America,
I doubt that. Their agenda is much larger than a Supreme Court seat.

"Calm" in a very relative sense.
william
Bearitto said:

william said:

Baylor3216 said:

They're not going to try to rush it through.

Trump now wins in a bigger landslide though.
just the opposite. I would think.

this motivates the moderate middle left-ish woman - at least those for whom (varoom) abortion is a top 2 or 3 itthue - to vote for Plugs and Pal.

- KKM

Plugs and pal? I heard it was PeePads and KneePads.
#HeelsUpEmptySuit

- BUmma

GrowlTowel
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Jack and DP said:

RIP

It's nice of you to wish, but highly unlikely, given her advocacy for murdering babies.
She's at peace. She's moved into the same state she was in before she was conceived, nonexistent, except for remains. RIP
Is this your roundabout way of saying you don't believe in God?

He doesn't believe in anything. Much less science.
Bearitto
GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Jack and DP said:

RIP

It's nice of you to wish, but highly unlikely, given her advocacy for murdering babies.
She's at peace. She's moved into the same state she was in before she was conceived, nonexistent, except for remains. RIP

He believes in Rachel Maddow. Apparently worshipfully.
Canada2017
william said:

Baylor3216 said:

this motivates the moderate middle left-ish woman - at least those for whom (varoom) abortion is a top 2 or 3 itthue - to vote for Plugs and Pal.

- KKM

Agreed...helps Biden.

Motivates the Bernie supporters who were previously ambivalent about Biden.

william
Bearitto said:

GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Jack and DP said:

RIP

latent dominatrix fetish.

- BUmma

'punish me*, rach, I've been a naughty texan!'

* - w/ my boots on.

D!

Go Bears!
Bearitto
william said:

Bearitto said:

GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Jack and DP said:

RIP

latent dominatrix fetish.

- BUmma

'punish me*, rach, I've been a naughty texan!'

* - w/ my boots on.

D!

Naughty implies the existence of good and evil which requires God. He's probably more apt to say:

"Make me realize the futility of existence and the meaninglessness of emotional stability....no, with the pink one..."
fadskier
quash said:

No nomination yet, let the people decide. Isn't that how the game is played now?
No, not when the Executive branch and the Senate are controlled by the same party. No need to wait.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
BayNavFreak said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

RIP RG

How does the timing of this death and subsequent nomination compare to M Garland?

Garland was nominated by Obama 8 months before the election. If someone is pushed through in a month? That's hypocrisy.
Different set of circumstances
TexasScientist
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Jack and DP said:

RIP

"At peace" is a state of being. You can not be nonexistent and at peace.
Her remains are at peace. How's that?
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
fadskier
BaylorBJM said:

This nomination ought to be made by the president who will be elected this year. Let me remind you what I said in 2016. I said you'd have to go back to the 1880s to find the last time a vacancy on the Supreme Court occurring during a presidential election year was confirmed by a Senate of a different party than the President."
Doc Holliday
riflebear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

riflebear said:

The good thing is this will make Biden reveal who his pick could be. Maybe he'll be asked a tough question.
Hopefully Biden will reveal his pick as Hillary Rodham Clinton.
He'll probably nominate RBG
That was ruthless!
TexasScientist
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Jack and DP said:

RIP

It's my way of responding to a snide remark about someone's passing.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Bearitto
william said:

Bearitto said:

william said:

Baylor3216 said:

- KKM

Plugs and pal? I heard it was PeePads and KneePads.
#HeelsUpEmptySuit

- BUmma

Bearitto
Doc Holliday said:

riflebear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

riflebear said:

The good thing is this will make Biden reveal who his pick could be. Maybe he'll be asked a tough question.
Hopefully Biden will reveal his pick as Hillary Rodham Clinton.
He'll probably nominate RBG
That was ruthless!

FWBear
Such a bad idea to try to fill it now.
riflebear
I think if Trump nominate and the Senate passes they guarantee losing the Senate & the Presidency.
but
There is a 50/50 chance they lose both anyway and never have this chance again.

or if they make Biden put out a list of 2 or 3 SCOTUS picks then that could help motivate the GOP base.

This is a really tough decision and I honestly don't know what's best. I think holding onto the Presidency & Senate is more important but w/ the ballot harvesting and mail in votes the Dems will cheat their way into power one way or another.

Worst case scenario is the move forward to vote and 4 or 5 Senators hold out and the Republicans start eating their own instead of focusing on Biden. They better find out before the vote if it will pass or not or not go thru w/ it.

cinque
Democrats should celebrate Ginsburg's life and legacy and let Republicans do all of the talking - then respond at the appropriate time.
Make Racism Wrong Again
BearTruth13
There is no way Mitch gets it through before the election. He already has 3 Republicans saying they won't vote. He can't afford any more abstentions.

That and I think it would be political suicide in swing states. For the Senate and Trump
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Democrats should celebrate Ginsburg's life and legacy and let Republicans do all of the talking - then respond at the appropriate time.
too late, creepy grandpa done twitted
Buddha Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Hopefully Trump will fast track his pick (a conservative woman) and the country can be reminded of just how vile, nasty, and hateful the Democratic Party is.

I thought the Republican protocol was to wait until after the election to make the pick. Let the people decide right?
fubar
riflebear said:

Why? Trump certainly didn't reveal his pick to succeed Scalia prior to the election.
riflebear
fubar said:

riflebear said:

Why? Trump certainly didn't reveal his pick to succeed Scalia prior to the election.
There should at least be a small list - Trump put out a list.

riflebear
The more you look at this I have a feeling this is more advantageous for the Dems. This is 'their' pick just like Scalia was the GOP. It will rally the Dems even more which is why they might want to go ahead w/ it but the press will implode if they do.
fubar
william said:

Baylor3216 said:

- KKM

Yep. The kooky man nailed it.
Buddha Bear
fadskier said:

BayNavFreak said:

RIP RG

How does the timing of this death and subsequent nomination compare to M Garland?

Garland was nominated by Obama 8 months before the election. If someone is pushed through in a month? That's hypocrisy.

Exactly the same circumstances.
Canada2017
Republicans better wait till after the election to fill the seat .....to rush through a nominee this close to the election would be political suicide .
STxBear81
I don't see this as a Dem pick at all. This pick is all in favor the Republicans. That is if they take advantage of the opportunity
BearTruth13
Canada2017 said:

Republicans better wait till after the election to fill the seat .....to rush through a nominee this close to the election would be political suicide .

Hey we agree on something! Though there is the possibility that this would give the Dems something to vote for. They aren't voting for Biden. They might vote for a SCOTUS pick.
STxBear81
Not sure how it is political suicidal to get it done before the election. You may know more than I do. Please explain. Why better after election than before ? If it could be done.
Oldbear83

I am sure trumpsters would do nothing hypocritical.
Given Obama's picks for the High Court, your comment is itself hypocritical.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
BearTruth13 said:

Canada2017 said:

Hey we agree on something! Though there is the possibility that this would give the Dems something to vote for. They aren't voting for Biden. They might vote for a SCOTUS pick.

It might motivate some Bernie supporters who otherwise might have sat this one out .

Regardless Harris will be in the White House longer than Biden .

Oldbear83
cinque said:

Every time the Democrats 'respond', an innocent business owner loses his/her life's work, or a cop gets murdered.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.