Adam Toledo

17,807 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mothra
Porteroso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Why is a seventh grader in an alley in Chicago at 2:30 a.m. in the morning? Where the **ck were his parents?

Didn't take long before someone says the kid got killed for.... Being outside. Keep your nanny state to yourselves, you radical conservatives. Hilarious.
Porteroso
DioNoZeus said:

13 year olds need to be in school. Thanks CPS.

CPS in most states does an amazing job, considering it's a 100% impossible job.
fadskier
Amy Pagitt said:

WHY DOES IT MATTER?! He turned around with his hands up, and THEN he was shot. Good grief, will none of you ever just say "THIS WAS WRONG. POLICE ARE NOT JUDGES AND JURIES. THERE IS A PROBLEM, AND WE SHOULD *ALL* WANT TO FIX IT." I promise it won't turn you into a lib just to admit that there are some really terrible police officers and the first sensible thing would be for their bad behavior to stop being covered up and explained away. SHEESH.
There are some bad police officers out there. Chavin is one of them.

I did watch the video and, from my point of view, he was turning as he was shot.

Regardless, our police need much, much, more training.

My issue is that this and cases like it are used to bash police and fit a narrative. But there is no protest and little coverage over kids like these...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/year-girl-shot-death-violent-weekend-chicago/story?id=72875434
fadskier
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Why is a seventh grader in an alley in Chicago at 2:30 a.m. in the morning? Where the **ck were his parents?

Didn't take long before someone says the kid got killed for.... Being outside. Keep your nanny state to yourselves, you radical conservatives. Hilarious.
My dad always told me anyone out after midnight is looking or asking for trouble.
fadskier
LRA Bear said:

Somehow this 61 year old white man in Minnesota managed not to be shot and killed by the police yesterday.

They shot this white guy

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/sweetwater/video-suspect-goes-on-facebook-live-says-he-was-shot-by-police-during-traffic-stop-in-sweetwater/
fadskier
SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

WHY DOES IT MATTER?! He turned around with his hands up, and THEN he was shot. Good grief, will none of you ever just say "THIS WAS WRONG. POLICE ARE NOT JUDGES AND JURIES. THERE IS A PROBLEM, AND WE SHOULD *ALL* WANT TO FIX IT." I promise it won't turn you into a lib just to admit that there are some really terrible police officers and the first sensible thing would be for their bad behavior to stop being covered up and explained away. SHEESH.

Why are you trying to explain away someone shooting a gun and running from the police? I promise it won't turn you into a conservative to admit this is a recipe for a disaster where nobody wins. You think that cop wanted to be put in a situation where he killed a kid?
You have a point...
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Nanny state? You make my point. It is not the state's job to raise your kid. That is your job.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you perceive a 13 year old kid shooting cars at 2:30 a.m. as "being outside".

But of course to you people, burning businesses and looting is " peaceful protesting". Not hilarious. Sad.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Porteroso
SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Why are you trying to explain away someone shooting a gun and running from the police? I promise it won't turn you into a conservative to admit this is a recipe for a disaster where nobody wins. You think that cop wanted to be put in a situation where he killed a kid?

Aren't you trying to explain away the cop killing a kid? Seems there's nothing to explain, the cop killed a kid with his hands up. Why are you so intent on coming to the cop's rescue? A little white knight action?
fadskier
SailorBexar said:

Amy Pagitt said:

There are bad police officers. In general, the police could do a better job. I wish we could have seen Tim Scott's police reform bill put up for a vote but it was blocked. Congress can do a better job too.

The tragic facts are that Adam had a gun in his hand. Adam was instructed to stop and show his hands, he was not instructed to turn towards the officer. As he turns towards the officer, he tossed the gun behind the fence. Tragically, the gun being tossed behind the fence is blocked from the police officers vision by Adam's body. The officer reacts to Adam turning and raising his hands and with the officer thinking Adam still has a gun in his hand he is put into a very difficult situation. The police officer shoots Adam and then immediately offers aids to Adam.

It's unfortunate. If the cop had waited half a second - Adam would still be alive. If Adam hadn't run or hadn't turned around, he would still be alive.

Liberals will not understand this. They don't want cope to be the judge and jury...yet they themselves act as judge and jury on the police.
Porteroso
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Nanny state? You make my point. It is not the state's job to raise your kid. That is your job.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you perceive a 13 year old kid shooting cars at 2:30 a.m. as "being outside".

But of course to you people, burning businesses and looting is " peaceful protesting". Not hilarious. Sad.

You questioned why the kid was outside, implying he got shot because he was outside. In reality it easily could have been inside, but here we go, being outside contributed to his death, according to you.
DioNoZeus
Porteroso said:

DioNoZeus said:

In which other states does Chicago Public Schools cover?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You questioned why the kid was outside, implying he got shot because he was outside. In reality it easily could have been inside, but here we go, being outside contributed to his death, according to you.
Yes, being outside in a dark alley in Chicago at 2:30 a.m. shooting cars contributed to his death. By God, son, I think you've got it!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Sam Lowry
fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

My dad always told me anyone out after midnight is looking or asking for trouble.
That kind of advice is meant to keep you out of trouble, not give you an excuse to start it. It's certainly not the attitude police should bring to the job.
fadskier
Porteroso said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Aren't you trying to explain away the cop killing a kid? Seems there's nothing to explain, the cop killed a kid with his hands up. Why are you so intent on coming to the cop's rescue? A little white knight action?
How many videos of it are out there? The video I watched shows him shooting as the teen was turning around. I assumed he was turning to shoot....
Porteroso
DioNoZeus said:

Porteroso said:

DioNoZeus said:

In which other states does Chicago Public Schools cover?
Oops, I thought you meant Child Protective Services. Outside of cities that start with C, that's what CPS means to most of us.

To answer your question, in case you didn't know, I do believe Chicago Public Schools mostly covers Chicago.
quash
Amy Pagitt said:

There is a problem: qualified immunity and we should all want to fix it.

There is another problem: deciding one way or the other about the wrongfulness before the investigation is complete. You can't fix anything on partial information unless you care more about optics than meaningful solutions.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
The Rickest Rick There Is
This sounds like a continuation of the current culture issue.
The same people post here, blaming the cops. The real issues won't be fixed until the culture is fixed.

Good talk, I'm done.
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

No, to you people protesting in peace are looters.

See how your game is played?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Porteroso
fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

How many videos of it are out there? The video I watched shows him shooting as the teen was turning around. I assumed he was turning to shoot....
I bet we watched the same video. So if cops can say they assumed they were going to get shot, when the fact is that the person didn't have a gun on them at the time, they get a pass?

It's a really hard situation, and even if it's not right, or if the cop should have checked to see if there was a gun in the kid's hand, before, I don't know, killing him... the cop wasn't in a good position to be calm, patient, and make good decisions. I just can't stand the radical conservatives on the board bringing up being outside, the kid ran, as if that should make it more likely to die. So ignorant.
fadskier
Sam Lowry said:

fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

That kind of advice is meant to keep you out of trouble, not give you an excuse to start it. It's certainly not the attitude police should bring to the job.
It was meant as a response to where were the parents...
Doc Holliday
Here's the deal Amy, you can't completely prevent bad policing. Too many people perceive policing like it's a computer program with errors. They're still humans.

I doubt you're a radical leftist who wants to defund or abolish the police. I mean if you did, you wouldn't be able to enforce new radical and progressive laws.

So that leaves us with reforming or improving police. I'm all for it. It should be in a constant state of improvement.

But again, there will always be errors, mistakes and bad cops. It's not something you can eliminate.

We should all be thankful that situations like Adam Toledo's are very rare. These kind of situations are extremely rare in comparison to all police interactions. Because of media, we tend to believe we're under a crisis that doesn't really exist. We also argue whether it was an accident or intentional when we need to leave that up to the court.

Our current national debate is shaping police interactions in a very bad way. Citizens and cops are scared, hostile, worried and it becomes another self fulfilling prophecy where things go deadly.
fadskier
Porteroso said:

fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

I bet we watched the same video. So if cops can say they assumed they were going to get shot, when the fact is that the person didn't have a gun on them at the time, they get a pass?

It's a really hard situation, and even if it's not right, or if the cop should have checked to see if there was a gun in the kid's hand, before, I don't know, killing him... the cop wasn't in a good position to be calm, patient, and make good decisions. I just can't stand the radical conservatives on the board bringing up being outside, the kid ran, as if that should make it more likely to die. So ignorant.
I do think if you run, you are escalating the situation...I think if you are shooting at cars, you are putting yourself in harms way...HOWEVER, I can't judge that the policeman made the wrong decsion in that split second.

I don't like when conservatives say the things that you pointed out. However I equally cannot stand when liberals act like judge and jury and Monday-morning quarterbacking.

Chavin murdered
Potter was incompetent by her own admission
This officet with Toledo? Investigate for sure but I don't see him gettign any punishment
LIB,MR BEARS
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I'm seeing the same post you are and I see a question where you see a statement. Odd
Porteroso
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I'm seeing the same post you are and I see a question where you see a statement. Odd
It's not hard to frame judginess as a question. Why are you so stupid? Why were you outside?
quash
Turns out A. T. was shot for not wearing a mask. Now what do your feels tell you?
LIB,MR BEARS
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Had he been shooting at cars while inside, from an open window, he'd be alive today. DAMN OUTDOORS!!!
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

Amy Pagitt said:

There is a problem: qualified immunity and we should all want to fix it.

There is another problem: deciding one way or the other about the wrongfulness before the investigation is complete. You can't fix anything on partial information unless you care more about optics than meaningful solutions.
Quash, I like what the new meds are doing for you. You have been on a roll the last several days with some logical post. Blue star for you ...and the doc. lol
LIB,MR BEARS
Porteroso said:

fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

mentioned outside-check
Mentioned running-check
Mentioned cop's need for training-check
Mentioned kid having fired weapons-searching searching searching....

Incomplete data. Resubmit when your work is completed.
ShooterTX
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Wow... total lack of reading comprehension here...

There is a MASSIVE difference between the word "parents" and the phrase "nanny state". The fact that you think they are one in the same is very, very telling.
ShooterTX
Jack and DP

ShooterTX
Jack and DP said:

NO NO NO

Porteroso said that the kid was unarmed... so it must be true!!

The kid was probably there to hand out Bibles and giving doses of the vaccine to the poor, when the racist cops drug him into an alley and shot him... right?
ShooterTX
Canon
quash said:

Turns out A. T. was shot for not wearing a mask. Now what do your feels tell you?

It's always fun when people try and justify their opinion on a specific situation that did happen, with a fictional one that didn't.
LIB,MR BEARS
Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

It's not hard to frame judginess as a question. Why are you so stupid? Why were you outside?
I see your point. Kind of like asking "why was he shooting at cars" assumes he's guilty of firing at cars.

What factor do you suppose carried more weight in the officer shooting, being outside or running with a gun?
Redbrickbear
Amy Pagitt said:

ah, yes, who among us wouldn't murder someone with their hands up
Amy you should leave your nice neighborhood and go become a cop.

Seriously, you obviously know how to police dangerous areas better than cops and would never make a mistake late at night after working a 10hr shift dealing with some horrible stuff every single day.

Go out there and show us how its done sweetie.
quash
Canon said:

quash said:

It's always fun when people try and justify their opinion on a specific situation that did happen, with a fictional one that didn't.
New here?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.