Michael Flynn says what happened in coup-stricken Myanmar 'should happen' in US

5,431 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bear2be2
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

This is from Allen West, State Republican chairman:
West said in a Newsmax interview on Tuesday he rejected Flynn's suggestion.
"I do not support any type of military coup in the United States of America because we have a representative democracy, we have a constitutional republic, and we just need to abide by the Constitution in all that we say and do," West said to Newsmax.
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/01/texas-allen-west-sid-miller-louie-gohmert-qanon/

It seems like the nutty fringe 5% are being given credit for being the average Republican.

That in itself is stupid.

So a bunch of fringe looney's got together and called themselves God and Country.

I know maybe 100 or so people that I have a really good idea of what they believe.

Not a single one would agree with what Flynn said, nor do I. He is a nut obviously, and
congregated with a group of nuts. We saw it all summer in much larger volume with actual
action, burning cities, taking over neighborhoods, actual working anarchism, there are actually nuts on all sides of politics.

If the GOP caucus on the Hill and Republican leaders of some states werent marching lock step with the Big Lie etc. you might have a point that t this is fringe and not the establishment of whatever this party is that has taken the GOP's name.
I'm guessing the Big Lie, was the lie that the election was stolen.

That Big Lie seems to resurrect itself once every 4 years for someone. Democrats were so insistent that Trumps election was a big lie they were still trying to overthrow his election 3 years into his term, with the Russia stuff. Hillary wrote a book still not able to admit she just lost. Gore never got over losing. The Big Lie seems to recycle on a regular basis.

That is pretty common politics. This overthrow through military coup stuff is not. I don't know a single person who believes that. It isn't anything but fringe sentiment, of seriously disturbed people that think they posses more power than they do.
Actually there is no whataboutism here at all. There was an insurrection attempt. Now a member (a former NSC advisor no less) of the administration that lost election is talking military coup. Trump is claiming he will be reinstated by August. Nothing in our history has ever been like this. You are right though about one thing these are seriously disturbed and mislead people we are talking about.
Yeah, but the vast majority of former US presidents are not Trump. He's a fringe character.
Too stupid to understand the distinction between Flynn and a losing candidate for president?

How the mighty have fallen.
Careful. We may tolerate a lot in this party, but one thing you don't do is call Trump a loser. Just ask Liz Cheney.
We? LOL.

Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

"I do not support any type of military coup in the United States of America because we have a representative democracy, we have a constitutional republic, and we just need to abide by the Constitution in all that we say and do," West said to Newsmax.
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/01/texas-allen-west-sid-miller-louie-gohmert-qanon/

It seems like the nutty fringe 5% are being given credit for being the average Republican.

So a bunch of fringe looney's got together and called themselves God and Country.

I know maybe 100 or so people that I have a really good idea of what they believe.

Not a single one would agree with what Flynn said, nor do I. He is a nut obviously, and
congregated with a group of nuts. We saw it all summer in much larger volume with actual
action, burning cities, taking over neighborhoods, actual working anarchism, there are actually nuts on all sides of politics.

If the GOP caucus on the Hill and Republican leaders of some states werent marching lock step with the Big Lie etc. you might have a point that t this is fringe and not the establishment of whatever this party is that has taken the GOP's name.

That Big Lie seems to resurrect itself once every 4 years for someone. Democrats were so insistent that Trumps election was a big lie they were still trying to overthrow his election 3 years into his term, with the Russia stuff. Hillary wrote a book still not able to admit she just lost. Gore never got over losing. The Big Lie seems to recycle on a regular basis.

That is pretty common politics. This overthrow through military coup stuff is not. I don't know a single person who believes that. It isn't anything but fringe sentiment, of seriously disturbed people that think they posses more power than they do.
Actually there is no whataboutism here at all. There was an insurrection attempt. Now a member (a former NSC advisor no less) of the administration that lost election is talking military coup. Trump is claiming he will be reinstated by August. Nothing in our history has ever been like this. You are right though about one thing these are seriously disturbed and mislead people we are talking about.
Yeah, but the vast majority of former US presidents are not Trump. He's a fringe character.
I think you know the IC tried to frame up Flynn and the Trump admin.

They will do it again to ANYONE not in their club. You know this.

It's much more dangerous than fringe presidents.
Tried and failed. We were happy with the rule of law when it vindicated us, so let's not pretend this is about the IC.
Failed? The goal was to smear and it worked. They influenced 2018 midterms to democrats.
C. Jordan
Certainly most of the Republican Party aren't seditionists like Flynn.

However, there appears to be a growing number in the party who are willing to sacrifice democracy in order to have power.

So while most Republican members of Congress don't support extremists like Flynn, they're not going to say anything bad about him because they know Trump loves him and they don't want to risk Trump's ire.

This shows what a stranglehold Trump has on the party.

I see only two paths ahead. Either we lose democracy and Trump wins, or the Republican Party follows Trump right over the cliff.

Either is bad. The bad of the former is obvious. The bad of the latter is that we need at least two healthy political parties to function. Right now, we have a political party and a personality cult. That's bad for our country.
divotmkr
OH GEE WHIZ!! I thought this was a forum that discussed and supported Baylor Athletics.
Where or where could I have gone wrong?
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Tried and failed. We were happy with the rule of law when it vindicated us, so let's not pretend this is about the IC.
Failed? The goal was to smear and it worked. They influenced 2018 midterms to democrats.
The goal was to remove Trump from office. We all knew that.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

That doesn't negate their abuses.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

If we're just talking about smear campaigns, take your pick. Happens on both sides, but it hardly justifies Trump being reinstated. It's incredibly damaging to the republic for him to even pursue that.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

If we're just talking about smear campaigns, take your pick. Happens on both sides, but it hardly justifies Trump being reinstated. It's incredibly damaging to the republic for him to even pursue that.
of course, but there's no conformation he actually said that.
ATL Bear
One thing is for sure. The Myanmar coup/insurrection looks nothing like the 1/6 riot. That's what makes Flynn's comments so idiotic. Like actual insurrections/coups, military (state or rebel) and/or officials (state or rebel) are directly involved in the action. Not the rhetoric, the action.
Forest Bueller_bf
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

What an idiot, and who are these idiots cheering that?
The same idiots he encouraged to precipitate a coup on 1/6. Are you starting to see now?
That there is a minority of fringe nuts in the Republican Party? Is that some sort of newsflash? Each side has their crazies.

Still doesn't justify a vote that supported Biden.
!. Flynn is a Republican
2. He served as NS advisor to a Republican president
3. He advocated the violent overthrow of the US government

I'm looking for stories about Republicans denouncing Flynn's recommendation
I'm sure there are some stories out there
Actually he is a lifelong Dem, and when asked, doesn't claim to belong to a party. Look up some of his quotes on the subject.

As for no. 2, he was fired after 3 weeks on the job.

As for no. 3, that is what has been reported, but he said he never advocated for that position. Let me ask you a question: Do you think it's possible that the media might have twisted Flynn's words to mean something he did not?

As for your last point, tell me, what good does it serve to denounce the painfully obvious? Should Republicans give credence to a fringe, discredited figure based on comments at a tiny rally in Dallas? Flynn has never been elected to any position. He has no power.

It serves no good purpose whatsoever to denounce Flynn other than to give the Dems another talking point.
Oh no, not another Dem talking point! Never mind a little sedition then...sorry for interrupting.
You still haven't answered my question, chicken little. Do the vast majority of Repubs agree with sedition or not?
I don't know. Why does it matter? I doubt the vast majority of Dems agree with burning down cities, but that doesn't mean they won't turn a blind eye. Don't want to give the GOP a talking point, after all.
Playing dumb again? When you proffer that Republicans must "own" statements of the crazy fringe elements of the party, it suggests that you believe a good percentage of them hold those positions. Otherwise, why suggest that a party "own" the views of its fringe elements?

Thus, I was curious if that's what you truly believed. Apparently, you are afraid to give an honest answer or simply or can't answer the question. Thus, your position that Republicans must "own" Flynn's views remains absurd.

As for your comparison to Dems and the BLM riots, when a large number of Republicans come out in support of Flynn's comments and even fund sedition efforts, then your comparison might be an apt one. Until then, it likewise is absurd.

I assumed you were talking about voters. The party leaders are obviously okay with it, as evidenced by the fact that West shared a stage with Flynn in the first place. No sane party would have anything to do with Flynn after his tweets helped incite the Capitol riot.
We are talking about Republicans. It wasn't a difficult question. Why should Republicans own the statements of the fringe?

And are we talking about the same West who denounced Flynn's comments? The same West who did not appear with Flynn at the event in question?

You have very strange logic.
West did appear at the event.

What you should own is not the seditionists, but the fact of their influence in the party.
I sure hope they have little influence outside of the nutty type that shows for these rallys and the nuts that marched into the Capitol.

If you took a poll of the 50 Republican Senators I would bet you would get a zero count for those wanting a takeover by the Military.

If you polled the 211 Republican Representatives I would hope you would poll zero, but there are probably a couple of total nuts in the group that might say yes.

I don't think that far fringe group has a whole lot of influence when you get down to it. It certainly isn't mainstream thought.
Sam Lowry
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

The same idiots he encouraged to precipitate a coup on 1/6. Are you starting to see now?
That there is a minority of fringe nuts in the Republican Party? Is that some sort of newsflash? Each side has their crazies.

!. Flynn is a Republican

Actually he is a lifelong Dem, and when asked, doesn't claim to belong to a party. Look up some of his quotes on the subject.

As for no. 3, that is what has been reported, but he said he never advocated for that position. Let me ask you a question: Do you think it's possible that the media might have twisted Flynn's words to mean something he did not?

As for your last point, tell me, what good does it serve to denounce the painfully obvious? Should Republicans give credence to a fringe, discredited figure based on comments at a tiny rally in Dallas? Flynn has never been elected to any position. He has no power.

It serves no good purpose whatsoever to denounce Flynn other than to give the Dems another talking point.
Oh no, not another Dem talking point! Never mind a little sedition then...sorry for interrupting.
You still haven't answered my question, chicken little. Do the vast majority of Repubs agree with sedition or not?
I don't know. Why does it matter? I doubt the vast majority of Dems agree with burning down cities, but that doesn't mean they won't turn a blind eye. Don't want to give the GOP a talking point, after all.
Playing dumb again? When you proffer that Republicans must "own" statements of the crazy fringe elements of the party, it suggests that you believe a good percentage of them hold those positions. Otherwise, why suggest that a party "own" the views of its fringe elements?

Thus, I was curious if that's what you truly believed. Apparently, you are afraid to give an honest answer or simply or can't answer the question. Thus, your position that Republicans must "own" Flynn's views remains absurd.

As for your comparison to Dems and the BLM riots, when a large number of Republicans come out in support of Flynn's comments and even fund sedition efforts, then your comparison might be an apt one. Until then, it likewise is absurd.

I assumed you were talking about voters. The party leaders are obviously okay with it, as evidenced by the fact that West shared a stage with Flynn in the first place. No sane party would have anything to do with Flynn after his tweets helped incite the Capitol riot.
We are talking about Republicans. It wasn't a difficult question. Why should Republicans own the statements of the fringe?

And are we talking about the same West who denounced Flynn's comments? The same West who did not appear with Flynn at the event in question?

What you should own is not the seditionists, but the fact of their influence in the party.
I sure hope they have little influence outside of the nutty type that shows for these rallys and the nuts that marched into the Capitol.

If you took a poll of the 50 Republican Senators I would bet you would get a zero count for those wanting a takeover by the Military.

If you polled the 211 Republican Representatives I would hope you would poll zero, but there are probably a couple of total nuts in the group that might say yes.

I don't think that far fringe group has a whole lot of influence when you get down to it. It certainly isn't mainstream thought.

Then why pander to it? At what point do you draw the line?
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

Who is pandering to it? The only person I have heard that suggested insurrection is Flynn, and even he has now backed off those statements, claiming he was taken out of context. Whether true or not, that's a grand total of one fringe person in any authoritative capacity (if you want to call it that) suggesting a coup.

Look, as we discussed the other day, I agree with you that it's the nutjobs suggesting the election was stolen. It's the even bigger nut jobs that are suggesting some sort of coup. Both are bad for the party. No question. But this idea that the Republicans have to "own" the fringe beliefs of the nutjobs is simply ridiculous.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

Who is pandering to it? The only person I have heard that suggested insurrection is Flynn, and even he has now backed off those statements, claiming he was taken out of context. Whether true or not, that's a grand total of one fringe person in any authoritative capacity (if you want to call it that) suggesting a coup.

Look, as we discussed the other day, I agree with you that it's the nutjobs suggesting the election was stolen. It's the even bigger nut jobs that are suggesting some sort of coup. Both are bad for the party. No question. But this idea that the Republicans have to "own" the fringe beliefs of the nutjobs is simply ridiculous.
Who's pandering to it? Any politician or party official who appears at a Q rally. Trump, we he tells the rioters "we love you." Republican legislators, when they bust Liz Cheney for rejecting the lie.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

Who is pandering to it?
Kevin McCarthy & the DC Republican conference
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

What an idiot, and who are these idiots cheering that? %A0
That there is a minority of fringe nuts in the Republican Party? %A0Is that some sort of newsflash? %A0Each side has their crazies.

!. %A0Flynn is a Republican
2. %A0He served as NS advisor to a Republican president
3. %A0He advocated the violent overthrow of the US government

Actually he is a lifelong Dem, and when asked, doesn't claim to belong to a party. %A0Look up some of his quotes on the subject.

As for no. 3, that is what has been reported, but he said he never advocated for that position. %A0Let me ask you a question: Do you think it's possible that the media might have twisted Flynn's words to mean something he did not?

As for your last point, tell me, what good does it serve to denounce the painfully obvious? %A0Should Republicans give credence to a fringe, discredited figure based on comments at a tiny rally in Dallas? %A0Flynn has never been elected to any position. %A0He has no power.

You still haven't answered my question, chicken little. %A0Do the vast majority of Repubs agree with sedition or not?
Playing dumb again? %A0When you proffer that Republicans must "own" statements of the crazy fringe elements of the party, it suggests that you believe a good percentage of them hold those positions. %A0Otherwise, why suggest that a party "own" the views of its fringe elements? %A0

Thus, I was curious if that's what you truly believed. %A0Apparently, you are afraid to give an honest answer or simply or can't answer the question. %A0Thus, your position that Republicans must "own" Flynn's views remains absurd.

As for your comparison to Dems and the BLM riots, when a large number of Republicans come out in support of Flynn's comments and even fund sedition efforts, then your comparison might be an apt one. %A0Until then, it likewise is absurd.

We are talking about Republicans. %A0It wasn't a difficult question. %A0Why should Republicans own the statements of the fringe?

And are we talking about the same West who denounced Flynn's comments? %A0The same West who did not appear with Flynn at the event in question?

If you took a poll of %A0the 50 Republican Senators I would bet you would get a zero count for those wanting a takeover by the Military.

Who is pandering to it?
I don't agree with you and Sam that being civil to Trump or not publicly rebuking him is pandering to seditionists.%A0 Like it or not, he is still a very popular person in the Republican Party.%A0 Constantly publicly rebuking him - ala Liz Cheney - is not the way to go about this, IMO (even though I agree with pretty much all of her statements about the jackass).%A0 And it's certainly not supporting insurrection, as Sam has suggested.%A0 That's ridiculous hyperbole.%A0 Sam knows it.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

What an idiot, and who are these idiots cheering that? %A0
That there is a minority of fringe nuts in the Republican Party? %A0Is that some sort of newsflash? %A0Each side has their crazies.

!. %A0Flynn is a Republican
2. %A0He served as NS advisor to a Republican president
3. %A0He advocated the violent overthrow of the US government

Actually he is a lifelong Dem, and when asked, doesn't claim to belong to a party. %A0Look up some of his quotes on the subject.

As for no. 3, that is what has been reported, but he said he never advocated for that position. %A0Let me ask you a question: Do you think it's possible that the media might have twisted Flynn's words to mean something he did not?

As for your last point, tell me, what good does it serve to denounce the painfully obvious? %A0Should Republicans give credence to a fringe, discredited figure based on comments at a tiny rally in Dallas? %A0Flynn has never been elected to any position. %A0He has no power.

You still haven't answered my question, chicken little. %A0Do the vast majority of Repubs agree with sedition or not?
Playing dumb again? %A0When you proffer that Republicans must "own" statements of the crazy fringe elements of the party, it suggests that you believe a good percentage of them hold those positions. %A0Otherwise, why suggest that a party "own" the views of its fringe elements? %A0

Thus, I was curious if that's what you truly believed. %A0Apparently, you are afraid to give an honest answer or simply or can't answer the question. %A0Thus, your position that Republicans must "own" Flynn's views remains absurd.

As for your comparison to Dems and the BLM riots, when a large number of Republicans come out in support of Flynn's comments and even fund sedition efforts, then your comparison might be an apt one. %A0Until then, it likewise is absurd.

We are talking about Republicans. %A0It wasn't a difficult question. %A0Why should Republicans own the statements of the fringe?

And are we talking about the same West who denounced Flynn's comments? %A0The same West who did not appear with Flynn at the event in question?

If you took a poll of %A0the 50 Republican Senators I would bet you would get a zero count for those wanting a takeover by the Military.

Who is pandering to it?
I don't agree with you and Sam that being civil to Trump or not publicly rebuking him is pandering to seditionists.%A0 Like it or not, he is still a very popular person in the Republican Party.%A0 Constantly publicly rebuking him - ala Liz Cheney - is not the way to go about this, IMO (even though I agree with pretty much all of her statements about the jackass).%A0 And it's certainly not supporting insurrection, as Sam has suggested.%A0 That's ridiculous hyperbole.%A0 Sam knows it.
What is "%A0"?

We may disagree on Trump, but I understand your POV. Time will tell who is closer to correct.
I think Trump is a cartoonish fringe character who is leading a lot of Republicans into a dead end.
Mothra
I don't know that we disagree all that much on Trump. I think he's a complete jackass, and that another term would be a disaster. I also agree with you that he is leading others down a primrose path. He has a cult of personality that his followers have swallowed hook, line and sinker. The less we hear from him, the better. If he has significant involvement in the next election - either as a candidate or otherwise - I think the Republicans will lose big.

Do I think he's better than the current president, and that the inflation, woke policies and decline in quality of life are confirmation on that? Yes. Do I think that open confrontation with him is a recipe for disaster? Yes. Perhaps that is where we disagree.

bear2be2
Mothra said:

I don't know that we disagree all that much on Trump. I think he's a complete jackass, and that another term would be a disaster. I also agree with you that he is leading others down a primrose path. He has a cult of personality that his followers have swallowed hook, line and sinker. The less we hear from him, the better. If he has significant involvement in the next election - either as a candidate or otherwise - I think the Republicans will lose big.

Do I think he's better than the current president, and that the inflation, woke policies and decline in quality of life are confirmation on that? Yes. Do I think that open confrontation with him is a recipe for disaster? Yes. Perhaps that is where we disagree.

So you think he's a disaster for the present and future of your party, but don't want to back an alternative because of the stranglehold he has on your party's voter base?

A) How is this not acquiescing to/enabling the insanity? B) How can you claim after posting what you just did that the crazies are just a fringe minority at this point?

It sounds to me like they've overtaken your party and you have no idea how to get it back.
Mothra
bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

So you think he's a disaster for the present and future of your party, but don't want to back an alternative because of the stranglehold he has on your party's voter base?

A) How is this not acquiescing to/enabling the insanity? B) How can you claim after posting what you just did that the crazies are just a fringe minority at this point?

It sounds to me like they've overtaken your party and you have no idea how to get it back.
Who said I didn't want to back an alternative? Not me. I will vote for any conservative in the primaries over Trump, as I did in 2016.

I think there is a difference between people who like Trump, supported Trump, and the sycophants.

Bottom line for me as a conservative is the more conservative candidate is always the better choice.
HuMcK
I would like to think this isn't related to the Flynn stuff.
Forest Bueller_bf
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

!. Flynn is a Republican

It would be like demanding all Democrats own that a part of their party plank is abortion allowed right up to birth with no limitations.

Wait, that is a mainline plank, not some far fringe ideology only the nuts embrace. Of course only nuts embrace it, it is evil, but it is covered in verbiage that makes it seem acceptable, it isn't.

Trump is gone, ain't coming back. That is his fantasy. He is no more qualified to run in 2024, than Biden was in 2020. Way too old, way too crazy..of course that didn't stop Biden, lets hope Republican leadership has enough sense to not allow a repeat of 2016.
HuMcK
But Trump is gone, right?
PartyBear
HuMcK said:

I would like to think this isn't related to the Flynn stuff.

What do you mean? He is a Flynn type and got the position he just resigned as a Flynn type. He did this because he wants to jump in and be another challenger to Abbott.
bear2be2
HuMcK said:

But Trump is gone, right?

It truly is baffling. Trump is a GIANT political loser pushing an agenda/ideology that will die with the boomers. But Republicans are not only allowing him to relegate their party to perpetual minority status, they've eagerly embraced the exclusionary, small-tent politics that will all but ensure that fate.

Just goes to show how strong personality cults can be and how feckless and devoid of principle most politicians really are.

It's a shame, too, because as a moderate who feels no more at home in the Democratic Party, I think this country needs a reasonable conservative counterweight to far-left progressive policy. But I can not and will not vote Republican as long as it's the party of Trump.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.