Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,620 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

They must really feel good about Randy Gregory's situation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025003/article/cowboys-extend-randy-gregorys-contract-through-20

At what point do we say "this has happend too many times, Randy. We love you but we cant trust you"
A lot of smoke that this has nothing to do with weed this time around. Randy may have missed one or more of his required therapy sessions and didn't let his accountability partner know where he was. Also, his stringent 'deal' from the NFL forbade him from drinking alcohol. His 'relapse' was very likely due to drinking alcohol on New Year's Day.

Whatever the case, I feel like he's had ample opportunity to show that he can follow simple instructions.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
scenario - Jarrett Stidham available in the 3rd.

My thought is that he has a heck of a lot more upsdie than Cooper Rush. But I thought Mike White would be ahead of Rush by now.

Do you take a chance on Stidham? If not, if he drops to 4, do you take him?
GoldMind
Assassin said:

My thought is that he has a heck of a lot more upsdie than Cooper Rush. But I thought Mike White would be ahead of Rush by now.

Wouldn't take a chance on anyone who quits on their teammates
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Starting to get an idea on the direction the Cowboys might go in 2.

I think DT is top, if certain folk are there, and then S would be #2. I think they like who they have at LB, and think CB can be addressed next year. Would be surprised it they go Edge this year given who they brought in.

I dont think WR is in the mix, nor RB, QB. If one of the top OTs dropped, I would be all over them but there are few in this draft, will not happen. Maybe TE if one of the top three or four drops to us. Too many other needs to go OG or C.
Assassin
Here is a breakdown of Robert Quinn's one-year deal with the Cowboys: Base salary: $6 million 46-man roster bonuses: $2 million ($125,000 per game) Incentive: Seven sacks - $878,789 Note: He already received a $1,121,211 roster bonus paid by the Miami Dolphins. Total compensation: $10 million
Assassin
Assassin said:

From DFW Sportsday, 20 kids coming in for a looksee

Safety
Judging by this group, it's apparent that safety will be heavily considered at Pick 58. None of these four are expected to still be around when the Cowboys pick again in the third round.

Taylor Rapp, Washington
Johnathan Abram, Mississippi State
Juan Thornhill, Virginia
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida

Defensive tackle
The Cowboys have not drafted a defensive tackle in the first two rounds since they used the first overall pick on Russell Maryland in 1991. Although it's a position of need, don't be surprised if that streak continues.

Gerald Willis, Miami
Kingsley Keke, Texas A&M
Trysten Hill, Central Florida
John Cominsky, Charleston

Linebacker
There are much bigger needs than linebacker, but Damien Wilson signing with Kansas City last month has opened up a spot on the roster. This position can also provide an immediate boost to the special teams units.

Darius Harris, Middle Tennessee State
Dre Greenlaw, Arkansas
Christian Miller, Alabama

Cornerback
Byron Jones and Anthony Brown are entering the final year of their contracts. ChidobeAwuzie and Jourdan Lewis are only signed through 2020. Defensive backs coach Kris Richard likes tall corners. Westry, who was not invited to the combine, is 6-4 with a 38-inch vertical. He ran an unofficial 4.31-second 40-yard dash at Kentucky's pro day.

Chris Westry, Kentucky

Tight end
Even with the return of Jason Witten, the Cowboys could still afford to add another young tight end to the mix to compete with Blake Jarwin and Dalton Schultz for future playing time.

Dawson Knox, Ole Miss
Drew Sample, Washington

Wide receiver
Randall Cobb has the ability to be a nice replacement for Cole Beasley, but Cobb only signed for one year. Look for Dallas to add another young receiver to the group.

Deebo Samuel, South Carolina
Emmanuel Hall, Missouri
Mecole Hardman, Georgia

Running back
The Cowboys have been open about upgrading the running back position behind Ezekiel Elliott. Perhaps one of these players will end up being his next backup.

Damien Harris, Alabama
Mike Weber, Ohio State
Tony Pollard, Memphis
Assassin
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

From DFW Sportsday, 20 kids coming in for a looksee

Safety
Judging by this group, it's apparent that safety will be heavily considered at Pick 58. None of these four are expected to still be around when the Cowboys pick again in the third round.

Taylor Rapp, Washington
Johnathan Abram, Mississippi State
Juan Thornhill, Virginia
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida

They are going to bring in six safeties now for pre-draft. Add Michigan State's Khari Willis.to the mix, not sure who the 6th is
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin said:

For me, giving Collins inconsistency and Smith's back, LIttle would be a prime candidate in the second, if he drops to us, which I dont think he will

His second position is OG.
Assassin
Assassin
BearForce
Assassin said:

As I have said before, Thomas is a Kris Richard type CB in body.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I guess I didnt pay enough attention to him as a NFL quality player, will have to go back and take a looksee
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I guess I didnt pay enough attention to him as a NFL quality player, will have to go back and take a looksee
Focus my man, focus
BearForce
I'll take it:

1: R2P26
S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA

2: R3P26
EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU
TEXAS

3: R4P26
WR ANDY ISABELLA
UMASS

4: R4P34
RB JUSTICE HILL
OKLAHOMA STATE

5: R5P27
DL TRYSTEN HILL
UCF

6: R7P27
TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA
trey3216
BearForce said:

I'll take it:

FLORIDA

EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU
TEXAS

WR ANDY ISABELLA
UMASS

RB JUSTICE HILL
OKLAHOMA STATE

DL TRYSTEN HILL
UCF

TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA

7: R7P27
TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA
Caleb WIlson must be pretty damn good if we're going to draft him twice
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

I'll take it:

FLORIDA

EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU
TEXAS

WR ANDY ISABELLA
UMASS

RB JUSTICE HILL
OKLAHOMA STATE

DL TRYSTEN HILL
UCF

TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA

7: R7P27
TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA
Caleb WIlson must be pretty damn good if we're going to draft him twice

LOL
Wichitabear
Bearforce is thorough. Just wants to make sure he makes it everytime
EasyE
Assassin said:

Certainly not that early. He just didn't demonstrate the intangibles that I would look for in leading a team.
Assassin
EasyE said:

Assassin said:

Certainly not that early. He just didn't demonstrate the intangibles that I would look for in leading a team.
The Redskins are very interested in him. Wouldnt be surprised if he goes at 3 to them, maybe even 2.

I think he has a really solid upside. But you never know. Blake Bortles had a fantastic upside but has never learned how to read the flowing NFL zones correctly
BearForce
Hey David, I think it might be because you are awkward around teamwork, responsibility, accountability, and being sober.

NBC Sports: David Irving: Jason Garrett is awkward around black players.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/05/david-irving-jason-garrett-is-awkward-around-black-players/
Wichitabear
Sounds like he will use this as his excuse for screwing up. Needs to grow up and take responsibility for his actions.
Franko
S11
Staff
Wichitabear said:

Sounds like he will use this as his excuse for screwing up. Needs to grow up and take responsibility for his actions.

Not surprising considering his exit from Ames
BearForce
S11 said:

Wichitabear said:

Not surprising considering his exit from Ames

And the Chiefs
trumpetbear

Apparently it's weighted pretty heavy in year one in order to make room for the big contracts coming up next year (Dak, zeke)
BearForce
trumpetbear said:

Apparently it's weighted pretty heavy in year one in order to make room for the big contracts coming up next year (Dak, zeke)

Boom
BearForce
Love from Pro Football Talk on the DLaw deal, with shade thrown at the Steelers, because we all love some Steelers shade dont we.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/06/demarcus-lawrence-cowboys-turned-second-tag-into-a-fair-deal/
Assassin
so between this and Robert Quinn signing, this takes Edge off the table. Plus we have last years draft pick, Dorance Armstrong who they really liked in practice
Assassin
S11
Staff
Assassin said:

so between this and Robert Quinn signing, this takes Edge off the table. Plus we have last years draft pick, Dorance Armstrong who they really liked in practice

Armstrong is one of those guys who's height and weight isn't impressive nor is his 40.

However his wingspan (93rd percentile for EDGE players) and his shuttle & 3 cone times are good and he's explosive as evidenced by his broad jump result.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/dorance-armstrong

Not shocked he's a guy they are optimistic on and not shocked he fell to KU as a recruit despite obvious upside.
Assassin
First Page Last Page
Page 290 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.