Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,510 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by BearkatBear
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Franko said:

Yeah, I don't think he is a bad kid. He's certainly immature, but mostly I think he is sort of a goofy rebel. Not an "eff the man" rebel, but a "I'm going to be me, deal with it" rebel. He'll figure out that is not a good way to conduct himself.
Maybe Dez can help out. lolol

I would argue that today's Dez would be an ideal role model for him and could help.
Dez is soooo much better in the last year or so. I would think that some of the folks that helped coach him in his private life would be on board.

BF, didnt Royce West or someone like that help Dez out?

West cross examined me on the stand once. Very, very sharp guy.

Sounds right
Franko
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Franko said:

Yeah, I don't think he is a bad kid. He's certainly immature, but mostly I think he is sort of a goofy rebel. Not an "eff the man" rebel, but a "I'm going to be me, deal with it" rebel. He'll figure out that is not a good way to conduct himself.

I would argue that today's Dez would be an ideal role model for him and could help.
Dez is soooo much better in the last year or so. I would think that some of the folks that helped coach him in his private life would be on board.

Dez and West had a falling out a few years ago and actually sued each other. Apparently Dez trashed the house he was renting from West, so West sued him for the property damage. Dez counterclaimed alleging that West and people West hooked Dez up with stole money from him.
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Franko said:

Dez and West had a falling out a few years ago and actually sued each other. Apparently Dez trashed the house he was renting from Dez, so West sued him for the property damage. Dez counterclaimed alleging that West and people West hooked Dez up with stole money from him.
I cant speak to West's character other than knowing him in Dallas court systems, he was on my side a couple of times and against mine another. (no, I wasnt the principle in any). We didnt go out partying or anything.

Dez seems so much like a young Micheal Irvin. I think the hyper, overacted personality seems to fit the quicktwitch that goes with many young WRs. Some handle it extremely well, others not so much.

Seems like Dez has matured quite a bit in the last year or so. Hopefully Zeke accepts the assistance the Cowboys provide. From what I've seen, they have a great developmental program for the young men they bring in. Wether or not the young men take their advice is up to them.

Franko
Chris Carter says info regarding Zeke will come out, and a suspension will be announced in the next 48 hours:

http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/07/cris-carter-believes-information-will-come-out-on-ezekiel-elliott-suspension-coming-within-48-hours/

Assassin
Franko said:

Chris Carter says info regarding Zeke will come out, and a suspension will be announced in the next 48 hours:

http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/07/cris-carter-believes-information-will-come-out-on-ezekiel-elliott-suspension-coming-within-48-hours/
FS1 analyst Cris Carter claims to have inside information on a looming Ezekiel Elliott suspension.

Appearing opposite #taek-kingpin Skip Bayless, ex-ESPN analyst Carter said "in the next 48 hours I would be shocked if Zeke was not suspended." He went on to add "based on the information that's going to come out, it's going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke."

The NFL quickly denied Carter's "report." To date, no one has had a good grip on what the NFL is going to do with the Elliott situation. We're guessing Carter isn't going to be the one to break the story.

Franko
Tweet from Zeke's dad:

Assassin
Assassin said:

NFC East stuff - Josh Doctson hurt again for the Skins. out for a bunch last year with Achilles, now hamstring. Those two things could haunt him all season again.
Doctson is all but certain to miss this week's preseason opener, and has played all of 31 live snaps since Nov. 2015 at TCU.
Assassin
Cooper Rush looked pretty darn good against the other teams backups this past week. Of course he was playing with our backups too, he threw a 14-yard touchdown pass to Uzoma Nwachukwu against an all-out blitz on the first drive of the third quarter and finished the game 9-of-18 for 87 yards for an 82.4 passer rating. Rush also drove the offense 20 yards for a field goal in the fourth quarter, and he helped preserve the win with a 12-play drive in the final four minutes, running the clock down to 50 seconds before punting.

"Thought he did a really good job," Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said. "Thought he handled himself very well. Poised and composed. There were not many game situations that came up that he didn't handle well. They did a few different things to him defensively and he recognized them, made some big plays. The touchdown was a big play and he really did a nice job on that play, recognizing the Cover 0 blitz and getting it to the right guy.
"That's really what he's shown us in all the opportunities he's gotten up to this point. So it was good to see him take that to the game."
Assassin
Great news from camp is that Anthony Hitchens has been playing just as well as Sean Lee. When Jaylon Smith comes back, this is gonna be our best group of LBs in years
Assassin
It's official: @DeMarcusWare makes his TV game analyst debut Saturday night on Cowboys/Rams game on CBS 11 & @dallascowboys TV network
Assassin
trumpetbear
Assassin said:

It's official: @DeMarcusWare makes his TV game analyst debut Saturday night on Cowboys/Rams game on CBS 11 & @dallascowboys TV network
Awesome! Didn't know he was doing this.
Assassin
trumpetbear said:

Assassin said:

Awesome! Didn't know he was doing this.
first I had heard of it too.
Assassin
Broadus notes, grading the HOF game;

• One of the big problems that Rico Gathers has had running routes, is that he tends to run into defenders as he is going up the field. When it happens to him in practice, it tends to slow him down and the quarterbacks have to wait on him or go in another direction. On his touchdown reception, things got a little tight for Gathers, but he did an outstanding job of not only avoiding Haason Reddick but Johnathan Ford, as well. Once he was clear, it was a matter of just using his body to shield Ironhead Gallon from the ball, which he was able to do. Kellen Moore put the ball in a perfect spot and Gathers was able to finish.
  • Alfred Morris generally doesn't get much credit for his pass blocking, but if not for his blitz pickup on Johnathan Ford -- Kellen Moore doesn't hit Brice Butler down the left sideline for a lay-out reception. Ford tried to attack the middle of the pocket, but Morris was assignment-sound and technique-sure to get the job done.
  • Arizona did a nice job of attacking the middle of the field against this Dallas defense early in the game. John Lotulelei got caught in one of those situations where he was too aggressive stepping up and Ifeanyi Momah was able to get behind him. Lotulelei bit on the play fake and then went into scramble mode to catch up. His depth was just not good enough and Blaine Gabbert took advantage of his being out of position.
  • On my first watch, I thought Noah Brown didn't do a very good job of helping Kellen Moore on his interception right before the half. After studying the play, Brown did try to knock the ball away from Brandon Williams, but Williams was just in better position underneath. Brown couldn't get over the top of him and the direction in which the ball came down, there was nothing he do to make the play or defend it. Give Williams credit, he kept Brown from the ball.
  • I haven't talked much about Blake Jarwin during these practices, but it was his route that allowed Uzoma Nwachukwu to score on that fourth down call in the third quarter. Jarwin lined up inside of Nwachukwu. At the snap of the ball, he worked up the field, then hooked. The Cardinals were in man coverage. Nwachukwu crossed behind his tight end and carried his man into Jarwin's man -- which caused Johnathan Ford and Ryan Lewis to collide. With both defenders out of the picture, Nwachukwu had no one handling him in coverage. Cooper Rush, facing three free rushers, kept his eyes on Nwachukwu the entire time and gave him an easy ball to handle, which he was able to push into the end zone.
  • Loved the sack by Damien Wilson where he destroyed Andre Ellington, but give a big assist to Byron Jones to allow it to happen. Blaine Gabbert wanted to throw the ball to Ifeanyi Momah -- but Jones was right there in coverage. Gabbert had no choice but to pull the ball down and live to fight another day.
  • If I had to pick out the Cowboys' best pass rusher for the game, Charles Tapper would be that guy. Tapper might not have had the sack numbers in this game, but the Cardinals had a hard time blocking him. What was encouraging about his rush was how active he was up the field. He was relentless in the way he attacked the Cardinals' offensive tackles. The more he was on the move, the more difficulty they had in attempting to stop him. I was impressed with his ability to bend.
  • The big hit in the game by Jameill Showers came off a poor read by Kennan Gilchrist. The rookie linebacker went the wrong way and it opened up a huge hole in the middle of the defense. Xavier Woods rallied to help on the play, but it was Showers who threw his right shoulder into T.J. Logan, knocking him to the ground.
  • What a tremendous second effort by Rod Smith to keep the drive alive after Rico Gathers allowed Ironhead Gallon inside on a 3rd-and-short. Smith not only avoided Gallon but Alex Bazzie, as well, to somehow lunge forward when it appeared that he was going to end up being trapped behind the line of scrimmage. Smith was a determined runner the entire game and was also able to contribute in the passing game as a receiver.
  • Film always tells me a different story after a game. I came away with the impression that Taco Charlton was not as good as he needed to be -- but that's not the case. His effort and desire to play with technique was where it needed to be, but his balance was poor. There were too many snaps where, as he was fighting the blocker, his body position was poor and it affected his ability to disengage. He also showed bad balance on the read-option that the Cardinals ran to his side. On the play, Charlton was unblocked on his rush. Blaine Gabbert saw how far Charlton was up the field and started inside of him. If Charlton could have redirected back toward him, then he would have tackled him for no gain. Instead, Charlton lost his balance and found himself on the ground. It was a game of missed opportunities for Taco Charlton, but it wasn't as bad as folks might have thought.
Assassin
Rookie report: Undrafted defensive lineman Lewis Neal worked with the first unit at the under tackle Monday. With Maliek Collins working back from injury and Stephen Paea limited, Neal moved up to the starters with work that has caught the eye of coordinator Rod Marinelli. Neal is a little undersized, but Marinelli likes his movement skills to get up field.
Assassin
Today's injury update: Defensive end Charles Tapper left practice early with hip and leg tightness. The Cowboys welcomed back All-Pro left tackle Tyron Smith to practice after he sat a week to rest a tight back. Ryan Switzer, David Irving and Maliek Collins went through individual drills as they work back from hamstring, ankle and hip flexor injuries.
Assassin
Cowboys thinking that Jaylon Smith has progressed enough that he may play Saturday against the Rams. The 2016 Cowboy draft just keeps getting better...

Smith practiced in pads again on Monday. He's participated in five of the team's seven padded-practices in camp, working in individual and team drills as the second-team middle linebacker.

His progression has reached a point where executive vice president Stephen Jones said Monday that Smith is healthy enough to play in a game. "I think his baseline health is at a point where he could play, it's just getting him in that football shape and doing things the right way," Jones said. "I think Jaylon's going to be around here the next 10 years. We don't want to do anything that's not taking care of Jaylon." Jones also said Smith crossed a "major" hurdle last week when he took part in goal-line drills. "So we got to protect Jaylon, at the end of the day, from Jaylon. He's going to be around here for many, many years to come and we got to handle this the right way for him."
Assassin
Assassin
trumpetbear
How cute! My wife and I are expecting and are due December 23. I can't wait to hold that little girl in my lap in a Cowboys onesie and watch some football with her.
Assassin
trumpetbear said:

How cute! My wife and I are expecting and are due December 23. I can't wait to hold that little girl in my lap in a Cowboys onesie and watch some football with her.
Pictures are required here!!
BaylorProud77
One can hope so. Lol teasing sorta. Replying to the redskin post. Taking me awhile to get use to this website on my phone.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

She will look good in a little bear onesie also. Congratulations
trumpetbear
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

We already have several lol.
Assassin
trumpetbear said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

trumpetbear
Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

I feel like should clarify that we already have several little bear onesies, not several little bears.
Assassin
trumpetbear said:

Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

I feel like should clarify that we already have several little bear onesies, not several little bears.
Muy importante!
Assassin
The Cowboys want to get a long look at second-year TE Rico Gathers this summer. "He's going to play a lot of snaps over the next four weeks," coach Jason Garrett said. A basketball player who didn't play a single down of football at Baylor, Gathers redshirted as a rookie. He flashed in last week's Hall-of-Fame game, posting a 3/59/1 line. His touchdown was an acrobatic 26-yard grab.

Source: David Helman on Twitter
Aug 8 - 4:11 PM
Assassin
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones believes the NFL needs to become more efficient with their investigations. As it turns out, water remains wet. "These things are tough for everybody," Jones said. "At some point, you should be able to get the information in some sort of time frame that ... doesn't carry on like this particular investigation has." The "particular investigation" Jones referenced is the one regarding Ezekiel Elliott, which has lasted over a year. Jones does expect Zeke's case to be resolved soon.

Source: ESPN
Aug 8 - 8:37 AM
Assassin
Franko
Assassin said:

I think they are in exact reverse order.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
I would probably go Dak, Kirk, Carson and Eli.
Franko
Assassin said:

Can't totally disagree but I like Wentz's upside more than Cousins'
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Can't totally disagree but I like Wentz's upside more than Cousins'
Not sure about Wentz yet. Dude is 6'5 yet gets several passes batted down at the line of scrimmage each game. Hes got this really horrible habit of dropping his arm. Hard to change his mechanics at this point. He's also got recurring elbow issues.

Wentz's 6.23 yards per passing attempt ranked 29th in the NFL among quarterbacks with at least 300 attempts in 2016. Only Brock Osweiler had a lower yards-per-attempt average (5.80) and he ended up getting traded for less than nothing. Twenty-four quarterbacks threw more 20-yard passes and 40-yard passes than Wentz, who had 39 and six, respectively.

Assassin
Cowboys defensive lineman Tyrone Crawford was carted off the field Tuesday night with a right ankle injury suffered in practice.

Crawford suffered the injury chasing down Ezekiel Elliott on a run, with their legs getting tangled and Elliott inadvertently stepping on the defensive lineman's right ankle. Crawford immediately grabbed for his lower leg and was tended to instantly.

He was in obvious pain as he left the field. A source said the hope is it is not broken, but Crawford left for a local hospital for X-rays.
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.