Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,081,468 Views | 29557 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by BearForce
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well Jerry ain't happy

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/24/jerry-jones-vents-about-coaching/
Assassin
BearForce said:

Well Jerry ain't happy

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/24/jerry-jones-vents-about-coaching/
Unless Jason pulls a NY Giants thing and takes a near .500 team to a NFL championship, I think this is the beginning of the end
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
I'm more than ready for a coaching change
GoldMind
Yea. Garrett wearing my patience thin.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
But who then?

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
This should be fun. You get to have ONE Bear off this years unit. For fun lets assume they are all eligible. Who do you take?
Assassin
Assassin said:

This should be fun. You get to have ONE Bear off this years unit. For fun lets assume they are all eligible. Who do you take?

I am torn between Denzel Mims and Patrick Lynch. But I think you keep adding to the WRs Mims is my choice
BearForce
Assassin said:

But who then?

Man if could have done this a year earlier or two we might have had a shot at John Harbaugh. Love what he is doing, yet again, in Baltimore. As much as I rag on his brother for his fails at Michigan, I would consider Jim as well as to be honest he has taken a team to a Super Bowl and did well with the 49ers...the only question is how he would mesh with the Jones.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

But who then?
Man if could have done this a year earlier or two we might have had a shot at John Harbaugh. Love what he is doing, yet again, in Baltimore. As much as I rag on his brother for his fails at Michigan, I would consider Jim as well as to be honest he has taken a team to a Super Bowl and did well with the 49ers...the only question is how he would mesh with the Jones.
my first thought is, dont overthink meshing with Jerry. If Bill Parcells left saying how much he admired him and worked well with him, anyone can. And in this day of flipping coaches, giving the current coach 10 years has to be a draw for any coach.

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

But who then?
my first thought is, dont overthink meshing with Jerry. If Bill Parcells left saying how much he admired him and worked well with him, anyone can. And in this day of flipping coaches, giving the current coach 10 years has to be a draw for any coach.

I hear you but I was referring specifically to Jim Harbaugh who has a reputation and could be an issue meshing with anyone.
trey3216
This is somewhat perplexing...

Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Wichitabear
That would be interesting.
Wichitabear
Omg!!
Assassin
So NFL comes out and says both tripping calls were bad calls.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2019/11/25/dallas-cowboys-tripping-penalties-new-england-patriots/4304125002/
GoldMind
Assassin said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2019/11/25/dallas-cowboys-tripping-penalties-new-england-patriots/4304125002/

"Oh sorry we cost you a W. Our bad (shrugs)"
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Makes it all better now huh...smh
BearForce
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

"Oh sorry we cost you a W. Our bad (shrugs)"

Exactly
Wichitabear
So annoying
Assassin
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

I am torn between Denzel Mims and Patrick Lynch. But I think you keep adding to the WRs Mims is my choice

Mims reminds me, good and bad - of Michael Irvin

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/denzel-mims/ZbRV713pev
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

THE PLAYMAKER

I just hope the philly scumbags dont cheer if he gets hurt.
trey3216
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

He's like a cross between Michael Gallup and Michael Irvin to be honest, or like a faster Dez.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
boognish_bear
Assassin
boognish_bear said:

dez still with no clue. The team is not divided. Its not about white/black. Its about not being able to think on and react on the fly. Garrett does that, there are no problems

GoldMind
Assassin said:

boognish_bear said:

dez still with no clue. The team is not divided. Its not about white/black. Its about not being able to think on and react on the fly. Garrett does that, there are no problems

Well he did play for him, not like hes COMPLETELY clueless....right?
BaylorRocks
Dez is a clown - period.
Like most arrogant ex-players who fancy themselves as some kind of TV sports personality.
boognish_bear
Assassin said:

boognish_bear said:

I think he alluded to racial issues in the organization when he was let go

Thought Witten and Sean Lee were given too much sway in the organization

Guess he is still going that direction
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

boognish_bear said:

Well he did play for him, not like hes COMPLETELY clueless....right?

Nope. In this case he is completely clueless. Just like him not understanding why Garrett cut him.
Assassin
So LVE and A Wood are both out for sure for Thurs. And Heath is on the bubble. Injuries to both shoulders
Assassin
Old man Frank Gore coming to town Thursday. This past week, Gore surpassed Barry Sanders for third on the NFL's all-time rushing list with 15,289 yards. He is now only behind Walter Payton (16,726) and Emmitt Smith (18,355).
Assassin
in talking about Garrett, it reminded me of this quote from Brad Sham

"There is no right way to fire Tom Landry. Yet it was what everybody wanted done, and what everybody agreed had to happen. They just wanted him to step away gracefully, but he didn't want to."

"The great irony to me is that is what he did with his players. He intentionally did not have close personal relationships with most of his players while he was playing because he knew there would be a day when he would have to cut them. And all of his players, 85-90%, didn't like him when they played for him. But they looked back after they played for him, and said "Wow." He cared about them deeply, but felt, this is the way I have to run this business. Then it happened to him, and he didn't like it."

Brad Sham courtesy Peter King podcast
BearForce
Assassin said:

in talking about Garrett, it reminded me of this quote from Brad Sham

"There is no right way to fire Tom Landry. Yet it was what everybody wanted done, and what everybody agreed had to happen. They just wanted him to step away gracefully, but he didn't want to."

"The great irony to me is that is what he did with his players. He intentionally did not have close personal relationships with most of his players while he was playing because he knew there would be a day when he would have to cut them. And all of his players, 85-90%, didn't like him when they played for him. But they looked back after they played for him, and said "Wow." He cared about them deeply, but felt, this is the way I have to run this business. Then it happened to him, and he didn't like it."

Brad Sham courtesy Peter King podcast

Wow, great snippet
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Old man Frank Gore coming to town Thursday. This past week, Gore surpassed Barry Sanders for third on the NFL's all-time rushing list with 15,289 yards. He is now only behind Walter Payton (16,726) and Emmitt Smith (18,355).

The U
BearForce
The seat is getting warm
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/11/27/20985518/report-jason-garrett-needs-super-bowl-win-to-stay-cowboys-focused-on-urban-meyer-or-josh-mcdaniels

What I don't get is what is so special about Josh McDaniels...not even impressed.
GoldMind
Why cant we just hire Mike Leach?
BearForce
GoldMind said:

Why cant we just hire Mike Leach?

Because I dont want another Barry Switzer and this is the ****ing Dallas Cowboys...we don't need clown act coaches.

This is the ****ing organization that had Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson as head coaches, not the ****ing Washington Redskins or worse yet the Cincinnati Bengals.
First Page Last Page
Page 361 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.