Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,825 Views | 29776 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

We dont have the players for 3-4
Are you agreeing with me or informing me?
UBBY
So Jerry went with the most safe hire possible. I guess I should get prepared for about the same results except maybe a couple more playoff wins over the next decade. What a bland hire.
BearForce
GoldMind
I think he brings trophy 6 and 7 before it's over
Machiavelli
GoldMind said:

I think he brings trophy 6 and 7 before it's over
There's a lot to like about him. McCarthy > Rivera for sure.
Wichitabear
This is the crappiest day of my life!!!!!
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

This is the crappiest day of my life!!!!!

Wut
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

We dont have the players for 3-4
Are you agreeing with me or informing me?
Yes
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
BearForce said:

wow!
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
This is not at all what you heard from ten cent pundits at ESPN https://www.businessinsider.com/aaron-rodgers-blasts-mike-mccarthy-packers-report-2019-4
Assassin
To take the videos up top a step further... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/16/mike-mccarthy-coaching-nfl-fmia-week-15-peter-king/
TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

This is nuts! They gave him plenty of time to turn this around. They had meetings with him. Come on Troy!
Troy has always gone overboard trying to distance himself from the Cowboys. Just another example

My read of Troy's comments is that he's saying "if you aren't going to keep him, tell him so before you go looking for his replacement." That just seems like good manners. Of course, we're talking about Jerry here, so . . .
Ursus Americanus
UBBY said:

So Jerry went with the most safe hire possible. I guess I should get prepared for about the same results except maybe a couple more playoff wins over the next decade. What a bland hire.
He has a good roster, playing it safe to ensure he gets something out of them was probably the counsel he received.

He's got about ten years left on this earth, this will probably be the last coach or next to last coach he gets to hire.
trey3216
Ursus Americanus said:

UBBY said:

He has a good roster, playing it safe to ensure he gets something out of them was probably the counsel he received.

He's got about ten years left on this earth, this will probably be the last coach or next to last coach he gets to hire.
Jerry may be on the Keith Richards plan/timeline...
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Ursus Americanus
trey3216 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

UBBY said:

At least McCarthy has lost four NFC title games and won one Super Bowl, out of all the retreads, that's the best resume.

Ursus Americanus
trey3216 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

UBBY said:

Also, Rex Ryan is claiming on ESPN that Jason Witten is being groomed to coach the Cowboys after McCarthy.
Pat Neff
Mike Nolan is the new DC. Previous Falcons coach.
GoldMind
Ursus Americanus said:

UBBY said:

Probably.

I like McCarthy. I think he will do great.
boognish_bear
BearForce said:

Thanks for sharing this
boognish_bear
Assassin said:

To take the videos up top a step further... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/16/mike-mccarthy-coaching-nfl-fmia-week-15-peter-king/
Well...looks like he will definitely embrace analytics unlike Garrett....that's a good sign
Machiavelli
boognish_bear said:

Assassin said:

Well...looks like he will definitely embrace analytics unlike Garrett....that's a good sign
Yes, I'm actually pretty optimistic about this hire. Will be interesting to see who he hires/retains to fill out his staff.
boognish_bear
Assassin said:

He seems very serious about modernizing his approach and reinventing himself.

I was a little "meh" with the initial news....but I'm starting to warm to the idea.
Assassin
Machiavelli said:

boognish_bear said:

Assassin said:

Yes, I'm actually pretty optimistic about this hire. Will be interesting to see who he hires/retains to fill out his staff.
yep, any word on who he will be keeping? or the O coordinator?
boognish_bear
Assassin said:

Machiavelli said:

boognish_bear said:

Assassin said:

yep, any word on who he will be keeping? or the O coordinator?

Heard the guys on The Fan saying that they had heard that McCarthy will be given full authority to build his staff...they said they won't fully believe it until they see him dismiss one of the coaches that are currently under contract.
Wichitabear
This makes me feel a lot better. Still not happy
Assassin
CMR, please, please, please - if you are going to the NFL, stay out of the NFC East.
Assassin
from Albert Breer at SI:

The other side of the ball raises more questions. Offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna and line coach Marc Colombo all remain under contract, and Jones has intimated to candidates that, ideally, he'd like to retain Moore. It would help ease Dak Prescott's transition through the coaching change, but my sense is that the Cowboys want to keep a coach they really, really like (not totally unlike how they invested in Jason Garrett). If Moore were to leave, I would not be surprised to see a division rivalthe Eaglestake an interest in him.

Assassin
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy is "more than open" to keeping OC Kellen Moore.
This move obviously puts Moore in an awkward position since McCarthy has previously gone on record of refusing to relinquish play-calling duties. It's the same reason Matt LaFleur walked away from Sean McVay's tutelage for the Packers' head-coaching gig last offseason. Despite McCarthy's willingness to retain some of Jason Garrett's staff, it's truly up in the air whether Moore is interested in sticking around when he has little say in the team's offensive approach moving forward. Mike Nolan has also been linked as DC Kris Richard's replacement in 2020.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 6, 2020, 2:28 PM ET
Branch155
boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

Thanks for sharing this
Looks like an older version of Vincent D'Onofrio in Full Metal Jacket -- before he went nuts and killed R. Lee Ermey
GoldMind
Branch155 said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

Thanks for sharing this
Looks like an older version of Vincent D'Onofrio in Full Metal Jacket -- before he went nuts and killed R. Lee Ermey

Ermey should have been killed, he was a ****ing dick.
Assassin
did he or didnt he?

Branch155
GoldMind said:

Branch155 said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

Thanks for sharing this

What is your major malfunction, Private GoldMind?

Yeah, you're right. Eat lead, Gunny
BearForce
GoldMind said:

Branch155 said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

Thanks for sharing this

Well drill sergeants are dicks for a reason....boot camp aint summer camp
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Branch155 said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

Thanks for sharing this

Are you a vet?
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Branch155 said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

Thanks for sharing this

Are you a vet?

Yep, 21 years Air Force
First Page Last Page
Page 387 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.