Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,094,017 Views | 29780 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear said:

You. Annoying

If you put him on ignore he can't annoy you.
GoldMind
If we sign Brady, I will not watch any games...if we even have a season.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
ComradeGoldMind said:

You do know I wasn't being serious...
Wichitabear
Thank you. I'm just too curious as to what people are saying. Lol
GoldMind
BearForce said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

You do know I wasn't being serious...

I won't watch any games if we let Dak walk either.

Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

So the Pats are offering Tom Brady less than the $23mil he made last year. And we are going to $33mil for a QB that has 29 less playoff wins, been to 9 less Super Bowls and is a 6x less winner.

The apples to oranges applies here, yet I am not sure that Dak is currently superior to Brady. Brady definitely thinks and reacts better under pressure, Dak is better when he is flushed out of his pocket to the right, Brady is solid to either side.

Dak is good on many long throws but Brady has a knack for doing it when it counts

Obviously age and future production come into play - but 33 mil?

Is Dak comparable to Wentz and Goff? Yes

Is are they making around $33M a year? Yes

Did any of them play as well as Dak on a 4th round contract and were allowed to have their contract expire? No

$33M+ is the market and if you play the franchise tag game like Kirk Cousins you are going to pay more than that. As I have said, if you dont think he is market value, tag and trade him because what you are really saying is you don't think he is your guy.

Heck if you are gung ho for Brady, sign him after you trade Dak and draft a young replacement.
I dont think any football player in the NFL is worth the money the NFLPA demands they get. Now if the NFLPA would have each player share in the costs of overhead, employees, insurance and business loss, maybe then I could get behind them.

As for Wentz and Goff, I think we found out last year that they weren't worth their extensions
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

So the Pats are offering Tom Brady less than the $23mil he made last year. And we are going to $33mil for a QB that has 29 less playoff wins, been to 9 less Super Bowls and is a 6x less winner.

The apples to oranges applies here, yet I am not sure that Dak is currently superior to Brady. Brady definitely thinks and reacts better under pressure, Dak is better when he is flushed out of his pocket to the right, Brady is solid to either side.

Dak is good on many long throws but Brady has a knack for doing it when it counts

Did any of them play as well as Dak on a 4th round contract and were allowed to have their contract expire? No

$33M+ is the market and if you play the franchise tag game like Kirk Cousins you are going to pay more than that. As I have said, if you dont think he is market value, tag and trade him because what you are really saying is you don't think he is your guy.

Heck if you are gung ho for Brady, sign him after you trade Dak and draft a young replacement.
I dont think any football player in the NFL is worth the money the NFLPA demands they get. Now if the NFLPA would have each player share in the costs of overhead, employees, insurance and business loss, maybe then I could get behind them.

As for Wentz and Goff, I think we found out last year that they weren't worth their extensions

So I take it you are also against all entertainers getting paid.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Pretty much. Especially those that I dont listen too.

They should all get paid by passing a hat at the bar they are working at.
Assassin
Denzel is not so quietly moving into Round 1. If he lasts until the back half, he could end up with the Eagles
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Is that true for all labor in your mind?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Is that true for all labor in your mind?
gosh no. folks that actually work for a living should get paid.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Denzel is not so quietly moving into Round 1. If he lasts until the back half, he could end up with the Eagles

Pro Football Focus believes more than half of the Top 15 will be drafted in the first round.

"Heck, Mel Kiper has even gone on record saying he thinks 30 wide receivers will be off the board within the first three rounds," PFF wrote. "While that may be a bit of a hot take and a stretch from reality, it's something that should happen considering it's been proven by PFF's Research and Development team that it's one of the most valuable positions on the field."
BearForce
Tannehill just re-upped with the Titans, 4 years $118M

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/15/four-years-118m-for-ryan-tannehill/
Wichitabear
Wow
BearForce
105.3 is again reporting the holdup with Dak is the length of the deal, not the amount per se. Dak wants a shorter contract to hit the market again in say 3 years where as the Cowboys want to have a longer deal.
BearForce
Jerry, clock is ticking...

Better get Amari or Dak done ASAP...
BearForce
Devin Mcorty for NE, 2 years $23M w/ $17M guaranteed

Byron is going to cash in...
GoldMind
BearForce said:

Ticktock
Ticktock
Assassin
BearForce said:

the new league year is still slated to start at 3 p.m. CT on Wednesday, which gives the Cowboys roughly three days to work with before Cooper becomes an unrestricted free agent.

The new CBA also helps provide clarity for the long-term outlook of these deals, though. There has been plenty of speculation that NFL teams had been holding off on signing extensions until the deal had been approved, as the future was too murky. With a new CBA in place, clubs have a better idea of how they can structure multi-year deals within the confines of the salary cap.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

the new league year is still slated to start at 3 p.m. CT on Wednesday, which gives the Cowboys roughly three days to work with before Cooper becomes an unrestricted free agent.

The new CBA also helps provide clarity for the long-term outlook of these deals, though. There has been plenty of speculation that NFL teams had been holding off on signing extensions until the deal had been approved, as the future was too murky. With a new CBA in place, clubs have a better idea of how they can structure multi-year deals within the confines of the salary cap.

True but Cooper can start talking with other teams starting noon eastern today which means Dallas won't be bidding against themselves anymore.
BearForce
ComradeGoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Ticktock
Ticktock
BearForce
Kirk Cousins just got extended for 2 years $66M....getting expensive Jerry...
BearForce
Dallas Morning News just reporting the Cowboys put the tag on Dak.
BearForce
Better get that Cooper deal done!

GoldMind
BearForce said:

I
AM
DONE
BearForce
ComradeGoldMind said:

BearForce said:

I
AM
DONE
Franko
ComradeGoldMind said:

BearForce said:

I
AM
DONE
They still have to sign him long term or he will hold out like Zeke did.
BearForce
Franko said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

BearForce said:

I
AM
DONE
Also, Dak doesn't have to sign the tag either....
GoldMind
Franko said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

BearForce said:

I
AM
DONE

Should have never come to that.
Franko
BearForce said:

Franko said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

BearForce said:

I
AM
DONE
I think that is how they hold out. They don't sign the tag, therefore they aren't under contract and aren't obligated to participate in football activities. So technically, they aren't holding out. They just don't have a contract which requires them to perform.
BearForce
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

BearForce said:

I
AM
DONE
I think that is how they hold out. They don't sign the tag, therefore they aren't under contract and aren't obligated to participate in football activities. So technically, they aren't holding out. They just don't have a contract which requires them to perform.

That is exactly correct
trumpetbear
From what I saw his Tag value would be like $26m

In other news Jarwin just signed a 3yr/$24m extension
BearForce
BearForce
trumpetbear said:

From what I saw his Tag value would be like $26m

In other news Jarwin just signed a 3yr/$24m extension
I think the $26M is the non-exclusive tag whereas he got the exclusive tag which I understand is $31M.
Assassin
BearForce said:

seems to be a solid player. He SHOULD move into the primary TE role. Not sure about what Witten can offer these days.
First Page Last Page
Page 402 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.