Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,050,738 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jefferson to Fecal....I'll take CD...

Oh they took Reagor...good pick
Assassin
BearForce said:

Really happy they didnt take Mims
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Oh they took Reagor...good pick

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

me too
trumpetbear
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

me too
Yeah that'd be tough to stomach
Wichitabear
trumpetbear said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

me too
he didn't want to go there anyway
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

trumpetbear said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

me too

Who would...
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

trumpetbear said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

me too

Who would...
Exactly!
boognish_bear
Wichitabear
boognish_bear said:

He didn't show much expression.
boognish_bear
Wichitabear said:

boognish_bear said:

He didn't show much expression.
I think they were experiencing some technical issues with lag with some of the player shots tonight. I'm not sure they caught him after he got the news. I think that was before he knew.
boognish_bear
BearForce
Day 2 Mock
BearForce
GoldMind
I've held my tongue until this morning.

I think it might be true that we will never get back to the show as long as this old ******* is calling the shots.

I can count on one hand the number of times that he has a actually drafted what we needed in the first round.

And I'm in fake jail, so I just sat and cried a little.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Nick Eatman: What I like about this pick is how the Cowboys just stayed true to their draft board. Teams say it all the time, but it's not always accurate, mainly because it's hard to do. Yeah, you can take the best player you've got it rated but he doesn't always help the team the most. In this case, they took a player who is too dynamic to pass up. Yes, there were greater needs, but not a better player to take. And when I look at Lamb's stats in college, what sticks out is how he averaged nearly 20 yards per catch and had three different quarterbacks. Now, two of them were the No. 1 overall pick in the draft in Mayfield and Murray and Jalen Hurts will be drafted this weekend, too. Still, changing quarterbacks can be a challenge for a receiver but not one with this kind of skill.

David Helman: This was the purest case of "need" against "best player available" I can ever remember seeing in my seven years of covering the draft. The Cowboys need pass rushers, and they had targeted K'Lavon Chaisson as far back as February. They didn't do as much homework on CeeDee Lamb because they never dreamed he'd be available. It'd be understandable if the Cowboys leaned into their need and drafted Chaisson. It'd be a defensible pick at a position of need. Instead, they did what good personnel departments do and drafted the best possible player. Lamb is a star waiting to happen and was too good to let go. The Cowboys were presented with a tough test on Thursday night, and they aced it.

Rob Phillips: Here's the part of CeeDee Lamb's game that gets overlooked, understandably so when a player racks up 32 touchdown catches in three college seasons: He's a capable punt returner, too. Lamb had 54 punt returns for an 8.8-yard average at Oklahoma. The Cowboys have more than just an opening at slot receiver now that Randall Cobb is headed to the Texans. Cobb and Tavon Austin, who has not been re-signed to this point, were the Cowboys' top two punt returners last year. The Cowboys are looking to improve their special teams under new coordinator John Fassel, and Lamb's likely to be in the conversation in the return game.

Mickey Spagnola: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones might have said it best, just minutes after they selected Oklahoma wide receiver CeeDee Lamb with the 17th pick in the NFL draft: "If we're going to get it on offense, we need to get it now." Boy, they sure do. Amari Cooper. Michael Gallup. Two 1,000-yard receivers last year. Now the versatile Lamb, can play inside, can play outside. Great catch radius. Can hand him the ball. Anyone want to kick him the ball? Three-receiver sets will be my base offense. Go ahead and play nickel against me. Dare you. Now I'm coming right at you with Zeke, too, with one less linebacker on the field. If Lamb is as good as we think he is, my goodness, this might be the best three-man receiving corps the Cowboys have had since . . . well, ever. The stars sure shined on the Cowboys Thursday night.
Assassin
The drawback, NFC East teams are gonna be drafting CB/S like crazy for the next couple of rounds to cover our three headed Cerberus. if we wait to our pick, there may not be a lot left

Sign Dre, any other CB/S still FAs with a modicum of NFL level talent
Assassin
"We thought he was a Top 10 pick," Cowboys chief operation officer Stephen Jones said Thursday night. "We never really thought we had a chance to get him. Every mock draft we did, we had him long gone."

And when the Cowboys got on the clock to pick, Jerry Jones said there were three trades on the table to move back, but they couldn't pass up on the chance to get the talented receiver. "He trumped them," Jones said of the trade possibilities. "He earned the pick."
Assassin
Nick Eatman

You've got to give the Cowboys credit on this one.

I'll be honest, I've never truly thought teams actually lived by their "Best Player Available" stance. We hear it all the time, but to me, it's never truly accurate.

Yes, teams will stick to their board at times, especially later in the draft when you just want to stockpile good players. But in the first round, with the 17th pick, and knowing there are some major holes on defense, the Cowboys truly went with the best player on their board and snagged CeeDee Lamb, a dynamic receiver out of Oklahoma.

Were their better needs on the board? Yes.

Were their better players? Nope.

And that's why I give the Cowboys a lot of credit in taking Lamb, whom Jerry Jones said was the No. 6 overall player on their draft board heading into Thursday night.

Lamb will fit into the Cowboys system as one of the top three receivers next to Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup.

Yes, the Cowboys lost Randall Cobb in free agency, so getting another receiver was a priority. Now, they didn't have to do it in the first round, but because he was sitting there, and some of their other needs at cornerback were gone, it just made sense.

What I truly wonder is if A.J. Terrell from Clemson hadn't been taken with the pick ahead of the Cowboys at No. 16, would Lamb have been the pick? Sure, the Cowboys won't admit that, and they shouldn't have to. Maybe Terrell wasn't rated as high, but because of the need, he might've been the pick.

So far, everything head coach Mike McCarthy has said about adding players has been true. He told us on three occasions that all he cares about is getting good players, and then they'll figure out the scheme after that.
Assassin
Kiper - Cowboys as 'Winners from Round 1'

Dallas Cowboys
The pick: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (No. 17)
Credit the Cowboys for going with the best prospect on their board. Michael Irvin said he was told Dallas had Lamb as its top receiver overall in this class. To get him at No. 17? That's a steal. Lamb is a yards-after-catch machine, and he is going to produce right away as the third wideout with Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup.

Assassin

Assassin
Probably too much too give up to move to 40 or below to pick these kids up:
A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa
Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
Antoine Winfield Jr., S
Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
Grant Delpit, S, LSU

Might still be there
Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State
Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin
Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne
Logan Wilson, MLB, Wyoming
Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech
Assassin
the most fun thread a Cowboy fan will ever peruse... https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/4/24/21234348/jerry-jones-freaking-trolled-us-how-rival-fans-reacted-to-cowboys-picking-ceedee-lamb
Franko
Assassin said:

the most fun thread a Cowboy fan will ever peruse... https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/4/24/21234348/jerry-jones-freaking-trolled-us-how-rival-fans-reacted-to-cowboys-picking-ceedee-lamb

I don't need to read anything else today. And by that I mean that's all I will be reading for the rest of the day.
Assassin
Zeke is salivating as he sees this...

BearForce
ComradeGoldMind said:

I think it might be true that we will never get back to the show as long as this old ******* is calling the shots.

I can count on one hand the number of times that he has a actually drafted what we needed in the first round.

Bro, let me help you

Imagine this offensive formation:

Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup with Zeke and Pollard in the backfield...how do you defend that? Nickel and I have one of those WRs in single coverage and Dime and I can hammer you with five in the box, oh and that's before I even motion Zeke or Pollard out of the backfield, or better yet I go empty.

That and lots of defensive studs still available.
BearForce
Assassin said:

I loved it...especially the Philly special edition at the end of the story.
Assassin
BearForce said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

Bro, let me help you

Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup with Zeke and Pollard in the backfield...how do you defend that? Nickel and I have one of those WRs in single coverage and Dime and I can hammer you with five in the box, oh and that's before I even motion Zeke or Pollard out of the backfield, or better yet I go empty.

Or Lamb as a H-Back or the 12 in a 12 set, but at the last minute...
Assassin
Phillyh wanted Lamb bad. They called Atlanta at 16 but the Hawks knew what was what. Asked for their 1st plus their 2nd. Philly has too many other holes

Assassin

GoldMind
BearForce said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

Bro, let me help you

Absolutely no way we can straight up out score everyone. Just think about the formation you just laid out that doesn't rely on a rookie. Kids got some talent, but we have to be able to stop someone.

Should have taken Arnette or Chaisson.

Why
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
boognish_bear
BearForce
ComradeGoldMind said:

BearForce said:

ComradeGoldMind said:

Bro, let me help you

Absolutely no way we can straight up out score everyone. Just think about the formation you just laid out that doesn't rely on a rookie. Kids got some talent, but we have to be able to stop someone.

Should have taken Arnette or Chaisson.

Why
So you draft for need regardless of talent? That is how you got Taco and Tristen man. And was Gallup bad as a rookie? No, and lets be clear Cee Dee is better coming out of college and I say that knowing how everyone who is a regular here knows how big a fan I was of Gallup coming out of Colorado St.

Besides the DEs and CBs who are still on the board grade equally to the guys you just mentioned, with Arnette actually projected to have been a round 2 player and Chaisson's possibly being a one year wonder out of LSU.

The Cowboys absolutely made the right choice and thinking long term just drafted their Cooper replacement.
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

And that is coming from a Chicago Bears fan...LOL
Assassin

He one handed this all the way to the ground and back up. His toe was barely out of bounds
First Page Last Page
Page 414 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.