Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,582 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

the most fun thread a Cowboy fan will ever peruse... https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/4/24/21234348/jerry-jones-freaking-trolled-us-how-rival-fans-reacted-to-cowboys-picking-ceedee-lamb

Absolutely loved reading this!!! Made my day!Thank you Assassin
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

lololol. Oh it is so delicious!!!
BearForce
So I think we all need to hope for there to be a run on WRs early tonight as that is our best chance at a high level defensive player without trading up IMHO.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

So I think we all need to hope for there to be a run on WRs early tonight as that is our best chance at a high level defensive player without trading up IMHO.
Right on BearForce
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Right on BearForce

Assassin
look who CBS mocks to us in RD 2... we should be so lucky

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-day-2-nfl-mock-draft-giants-trade-up-to-start-round-2-buccaneers-land-dandre-swift-patriots-go-qb/
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Franko
ComradeGoldMind said:

I've held my tongue until this morning.

I think it might be true that we will never get back to the show as long as this old ******* is calling the shots.

I can count on one hand the number of times that he has a actually drafted what we needed in the first round.

And I'm in fake jail, so I just sat and cried a little.
I remember a time when Dallas passed on a freak WR in the first round to take a defensive lineman. Greg Ellis was pretty good, but he was no Randy Moss. I imagine Jerry thought about that last night.
BearForce
Assassin said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-day-2-nfl-mock-draft-giants-trade-up-to-start-round-2-buccaneers-land-dandre-swift-patriots-go-qb/

We would own the draft and our resident communist might be happier...
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

We would own the draft and our resident communist might be happier...
No kidding. X is someone we could have taken Rd 1
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
boognish_bear
Assassin
If I knew that Gregory and Smith were off the boards for 2020, then I might reach for Yeter Gross-Matus, the Penn State DE. But I dont think we have the ammo to move up 15-19 spots without giving up the rest of our draft.

Based on who is still out there, I think there are a good dozen folks we like - and the rest of the NFL still wants WRs who we dont need.

We have to come out with DB help, edge help and backup LBs. To have three injury prone LBs as our starters concerns the crap out of me

Assassin
boognish_bear said:

Works for me
BearForce
Assassin said:

If I knew that Gregory and Smith were off the boards for 2020, then I might reach for Yeter Gross-Matus, the Penn State DE. But I dont think we have the ammo to move up 15-19 spots without giving up the rest of our draft.

Based on who is still out there, I think there are a good dozen folks we like - and the rest of the NFL still wants WRs who we dont need.

We have to come out with DB help, edge help and backup LBs. To have three injury prone LBs as our starters concerns the crap out of me

I think a 4th could get you into low 40s or high 30s.
BearForce
Jerry better hurry up with Dak

boognish_bear
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I think the only two guys I would reach for would be X McK and Gross-Matus (only if we know Gregory and Aldon Smith will not be there)
Assassin
BearForce said:

At some point we need to look at, we have the best trio of WRs and the best Rb in the NFL. What kind of QB might you be able to use that you wouldnt have to pay top dollar for?

I am Dakburnedout right now.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

At some point we need to look at, we have the best trio of WRs and the best Rb in the NFL. What kind of QB might you be able to use that you wouldnt have to pay top dollar for?

you are? Who would you suggest?
boognish_bear
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I think the only two guys I would reach for would be X McK and Gross-Matus (only if we know Gregory and Aldon Smith will not be there)

If Diggs or Fulton fell far enough I rather get them and try for Terrell Burgess in the 3rd vs YGM or X in the 2nd and get a meh CB in the 3rd.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

As I have said before if the Cowboys feel the same way then move on but remember they could have gotten this done last off season and they didnt...they let the price go up on them.
Assassin
how about LBs?
Assassin
My guess is the Cowboys sit at 51 and they take Kyle Dugger. 6'1, 215 lb FS/SS from a small school: Lenoir-Rhyne

Dugger, a four-year starter, won the Cliff Harris Award given to the best Division II, Division III and NAIA defensive player. He averaged 13.9 yards per punt return and returned six punts for touchdowns at Lenoir-Rhyne. He's a big safety with above-average range, and he's a physical presence over the middle. He has the speed to run with tight ends and most slot receivers. He's a playmaker with huge hands and above-average length. He's dangerous with the ball in his hands. He has above-average stopping power. He was a sixth-year senior who turned 24 in March. -- March 2020
Assassin
okay, can we avoid all further mention of the corona virus ESPN? Please?
Assassin
ESPN best pick of the Rd 1

Aaron Schatz, editor of Football Outsiders: CeeDee Lamb (WR) to the Dallas Cowboys at No. 17. Lamb was the No. 1 receiver in this year's class, according to Football Outsiders' Playmaker Score projections. It's incredible that he lasted to No. 17, and Dallas did a great job of just taking the best player available and knowing that it can figure out a way to fit him in.

Kevin Seifert, national NFL writer: CeeDee Lamb (WR) to the Dallas Cowboys at No. 17. Wide receiver wasn't necessarily the top need on the Cowboys' roster. But they didn't overthink this one. They took the best receiver in the draft when he fell to their spot. Lamb averaged 11.1 yards after the catch last season, sixth-best in FBS, making him an excellent fit for Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy's offense.
Assassin
wow. Last night was the most watched draft in NFL history.

Roger, that tells you that maybe all the pomp and circumstance isnt quite as good as a fast moving Round 1.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Roger, that tells you that maybe all the pomp and circumstance isnt quite as good as a fast moving Round 1.

Well he had a captive audience with no other sports on TV
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Personally I loved it. Watched it all the way through. Normally I dont so much as all the jerseys, green room, etc becomes pretty old really quickly
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Personally I loved it. Watched it all the way through. Normally I dont so much as all the jerseys, green room, etc becomes pretty old really quickly

It was refreshing for sure but also I was that guy that told my family back in the day when it was a all day Saturday affair that I will not be disturbed.
BearForce
Lets start that WR run!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

It was refreshing for sure but also I was that guy that told my family back in the day when it was a all day Saturday affair that I will not be disturbed.
I remember, it was also 12 rounds, then it went to 7 rounds, then split those into two days, I was a little mad. then it went to 3 days. At that point I was envisioning we would one day see 1 round per day for a week
Assassin
Hope Denzel goes to the AFC, not Redskins or Giants
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I remember, it was also 12 rounds, then it went to 7 rounds, then split those into two days, I was a little mad. then it went to 3 days. At that point I was envisioning we would one day see 1 round per day for a week

Funny, I thought about them doing that this year
Assassin
BearForce said:

Lets start that WR run!
Pittman to Colts

Forgot Skins dont have a 2nd
Assassin
Rhule has #38. Does he need a WR? Mims?
First Page Last Page
Page 415 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.