Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,094,560 Views | 29793 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by DFW Bill
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gallup. I love you!!!!
TechDawgMc
Gallup with two clutch catches
Assassin
Holy crap !
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
When you absolutely positively need a catch, call Gallup Express... He delivers!
Assassin
We doood it!
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
One thing about McCarthy, he wasnt gonna put up with a bogus backup QB. Dalton is a solid NFL QB
Wichitabear
Praying for Dak. Bittersweet win.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Praying for Dak. Bittersweet win.
Assassin
Did you notice that Neville Gallimore got into the action - FINALLY!

He and KLavon Chaisson both had 1 tackle games
BearForce
Assassin said:

Did you notice that Neville Gallimore got into the action - FINALLY!

He and KLavon Chaisson both had 1 tackle games

And Neville is cheaper
Assassin
btw - Jaylon Smith had one heck of a game. 14 tackles, 7 solos and .5 a sack
BearForce
Assassin said:

btw - Jaylon Smith had one heck of a game. 14 tackles, 7 solos and .5 a sack

Yep... DLaw too
Assassin
Andy was 9 of 11, 111 yds, 10.1 per with a 108.7 rating

Better than Dak but still not the best QB on the team... Cedrick was 1 of 1 for 11 yds and a 152.1 rating!
MrGolfguy
Assassin said:

Memories of Seth Russell
BearForce
UPBaylor
Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Dak was rolling the dice with his contract, betting he'd stay healthy. Now he's hurt. Should have taken $35M per when he was healthy. Could be out till 2021. Greed kills.
He's not an idiot. He knew the risks.

If it's as bad as everyone is speculation, what's the Cowboys' move in the offseason?
First, see how Andy does for the rest of the year. Get DiNucci who they were really high on at the draft, some reps.

You have to find out about our OL. I would have gone OT in Rd 1 if we signed Dak long term to protect the investment.

Assuming we would be a top 10 pick, Trevor Lawrence will be gone. Justin Fields may be there. Trey Lance will most certainly be there, small college kid from North Dakota State. Jamie Newman from Georgia might be interesting.
I was really meaning in terms of what they do with Dak's contract now. Could be a cold ass business decision. Even if the prognosis is decent, do they offer him anywhere close to the same terms they've had on the table? And, if it's highly questionable, do they let him go?

How about this thought. The Cowboys have looked like a very mediocre team this season and injuries have really killed the OL. Now, their superstar QB goes down. All that could set up for a really ugly season. As in competition for the top draft pick ugly. They might look back and kick themselves if this meaningless victory turns out to push them out of the #1 spot.
Assassin
MrGolfguy said:

Assassin said:

Memories of Seth Russell
forgot about that. you are right
BearForce
UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Dak was rolling the dice with his contract, betting he'd stay healthy. Now he's hurt. Should have taken $35M per when he was healthy. Could be out till 2021. Greed kills.

If it's as bad as everyone is speculation, what's the Cowboys' move in the offseason?
First, see how Andy does for the rest of the year. Get DiNucci who they were really high on at the draft, some reps.

You have to find out about our OL. I would have gone OT in Rd 1 if we signed Dak long term to protect the investment.

Assuming we would be a top 10 pick, Trevor Lawrence will be gone. Justin Fields may be there. Trey Lance will most certainly be there, small college kid from North Dakota State. Jamie Newman from Georgia might be interesting.
I was really meaning in terms of what they do with Dak's contract now. Could be a cold ass business decision. Even if the prognosis is decent, do they offer him anywhere close to the same terms they've had on the table? And, if it's highly questionable, do they let him go?

How about this thought. The Cowboys have looked like a very mediocre team this season and injuries have really killed the OL. Now, their superstar QB goes down. All that could set up for a really ugly season. As in competition for the top draft pick ugly. They might look back and kick themselves if this meaningless victory turns out to push them out of the #1 spot.

The Jets are a lock for the #1 pick
Assassin
Compound Fracture and dislocation
Assassin
Assassin said:

My guess is this takes him out for the rest of the season
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Alex Smith just now playing again.
Assassin
BearForce said:

A strange collection of verbiage
trey3216
Assassin said:

Didn't see any blood on Dak's sock, so don't think it was a compound fracture. Saw it was an "unstable fracture", which means he did break one bone (probably tibia) and dislocated the ankle. Fairly common for that to happen in the manner in which he was tackled.

Edit: just saw Jane Slater say it was a compound in the ankle. So that's gonna complicate things a bit.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
trey3216
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Not really comparable tbh. Alex broke his leg so bad that the bone cut an artery.
Wichitabear
trey3216 said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Not really comparable tbh. Alex broke his leg so bad that the bone cut an artery.
omg. Didn't realize his was that bad. So your right no comparison Thank goodness
trey3216
Wichitabear said:

trey3216 said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

omg. Didn't realize his was that bad. So your right no comparison Thank goodness

Yeah, he almost lost his leg to infection. It was the worst I've ever seen, including Theisman's.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

yep
Wichitabear
trey3216 said:

Wichitabear said:

trey3216 said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Yeah, he almost lost his leg to infection. It was the worst I've ever seen, including Theisman's.
Good to see him back. Not that I yell for Washington. Just glad the player is ok.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I chalk it up to emotion
BluesBear
UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

I don't pity the guy one bit. You play a sport for a living in that any moment you can get injured and never play again. He passed on some sweet $$$ trying to string the Cowboys out. FU - - - I can't imagine Jerry is gonna pay top dollar for a QB who will never be fully mobile again. If I'm Zak - I'm pissed at my agent.
BluesBear
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

yep
Someone seeing that meal ticket starting to fad away...
trey3216
Wichitabear said:

trey3216 said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Some graphic pictures in here of Alex's injury. It was awful.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2363959/warning-dont-read-this-blog-if-you-have-a-weak-stomach-alex-smiths-leg-injury-was-wayyyyyy-worse-than-you-ever-thought
trey3216
TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

I don't pity the guy one bit. You play a sport for a living in that any moment you can get injured and never play again. He passed on some sweet $$$ trying to string the Cowboys out. FU - - - I can't imagine Jerry is gonna pay top dollar for a QB who will never be fully mobile again. If I'm Zak - I'm pissed at my agent.

Jeez. Pathetic.
Wichitabear
trey3216 said:

Wichitabear said:

trey3216 said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Some graphic pictures in here of Alex's injury. It was awful.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2363959/warning-dont-read-this-blog-if-you-have-a-weak-stomach-alex-smiths-leg-injury-was-wayyyyyy-worse-than-you-ever-thought
That was sooo bad. I don't know how he kept it.
First Page Last Page
Page 480 of 852

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.