Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,357 Views | 29560 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by trumpetbear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Dak has played his last game, he will have an enormous amount of money coming his way. Since he is making $31,400,000 and the average wage in the US is $33,706, doubtful he will be on food stamps anytime in the near future
BluesBear
trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Dak was rolling the dice with his contract, betting he'd stay healthy. Now he's hurt. Should have taken $35M per when he was healthy. Could be out till 2021. Greed kills.
He's not an idiot. He knew the risks.

If it's as bad as everyone is speculation, what's the Cowboys' move in the offseason?
First, see how Andy does for the rest of the year. Get DiNucci who they were really high on at the draft, some reps.

You have to find out about our OL. I would have gone OT in Rd 1 if we signed Dak long term to protect the investment.

Assuming we would be a top 10 pick, Trevor Lawrence will be gone. Justin Fields may be there. Trey Lance will most certainly be there, small college kid from North Dakota State. Jamie Newman from Georgia might be interesting.
I was really meaning in terms of what they do with Dak's contract now. Could be a cold ass business decision. Even if the prognosis is decent, do they offer him anywhere close to the same terms they've had on the table? And, if it's highly questionable, do they let him go?

How about this thought. The Cowboys have looked like a very mediocre team this season and injuries have really killed the OL. Now, their superstar QB goes down. All that could set up for a really ugly season. As in competition for the top draft pick ugly. They might look back and kick themselves if this meaningless victory turns out to push them out of the #1 spot.
I don't pity the guy one bit. You play a sport for a living in that any moment you can get injured and never play again. He passed on some sweet $$$ trying to string the Cowboys out. FU - - - I can't imagine Jerry is gonna pay top dollar for a QB who will never be fully mobile again. If I'm Zak - I'm pissed at my agent.

Jeez. Pathetic.
Why. He turned down millions. You actually believe Cowboys should treat him as one of the top QB in the league now? That's hilarious. You must work for a non-profit.
trey3216
TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Dak was rolling the dice with his contract, betting he'd stay healthy. Now he's hurt. Should have taken $35M per when he was healthy. Could be out till 2021. Greed kills.

If it's as bad as everyone is speculation, what's the Cowboys' move in the offseason?
First, see how Andy does for the rest of the year. Get DiNucci who they were really high on at the draft, some reps.

You have to find out about our OL. I would have gone OT in Rd 1 if we signed Dak long term to protect the investment.

Assuming we would be a top 10 pick, Trevor Lawrence will be gone. Justin Fields may be there. Trey Lance will most certainly be there, small college kid from North Dakota State. Jamie Newman from Georgia might be interesting.
I was really meaning in terms of what they do with Dak's contract now. Could be a cold ass business decision. Even if the prognosis is decent, do they offer him anywhere close to the same terms they've had on the table? And, if it's highly questionable, do they let him go?

How about this thought. The Cowboys have looked like a very mediocre team this season and injuries have really killed the OL. Now, their superstar QB goes down. All that could set up for a really ugly season. As in competition for the top draft pick ugly. They might look back and kick themselves if this meaningless victory turns out to push them out of the #1 spot.
I don't pity the guy one bit. You play a sport for a living in that any moment you can get injured and never play again. He passed on some sweet $$$ trying to string the Cowboys out. FU - - - I can't imagine Jerry is gonna pay top dollar for a QB who will never be fully mobile again. If I'm Zak - I'm pissed at my agent.

Jeez. Pathetic.
Why. He turned down millions. You actually believe Cowboys should treat him as one of the top QB in the league now? That's hilarious. You must work for a non-profit.

No, I actually don't. I'm saying it's pathetic because you assume he'll never be fully mobile again, he should've been offered as much guaranteed as Goff/Wentz, and likely a bit more since it was a year after they got their contracts (since that is how it typically works) and he had never missed a game. I don't pity him either, but I can't fault a guy trying to get a comparable contract. That's just how the game is played. And it was his agency rejecting it, not squarely on Dak's shoulders. And it's not cute that you always call him Zak. It's pathetic.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Dak was rolling the dice with his contract, dtykidrykdstykvxvhmhe'd stay healthy. Now he's hurt. Shodpawetqw4y6tuld have taken $35M per when he was healthy. Could be out till 2021. Greed kills.

Jeez. Pathetic.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
TechDawgMc
I hate to see Dak hurt, but it's hard not to notice that this defense is dreadful. Regardless of who is at QB, this is going to be a tough year to pick up wins.
BearForce
Assassin said:

TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Dak was rolling the dice with his contract, dtykidrykdstykvxvhmhe'd stay healthy. Now he's hurt. Shodpawetqw4y6tuld have taken $35M per when he was healthy. Could be out till 2021. Greed kills.

Jeez. Pathetic.

Yep, now we can get someone cheaper and better... Because we have a great track record since 1989 drafting QBs
BearForce
TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Jeez. Pathetic.

I'm glad you accept below market compensation...
BearForce
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

great to hear that!
Jacques Strap
BearForce said:

Surgeons really can do some amazing things to help people.
BearForce
Jacques Strap said:

BearForce said:

Surgeons really can do some amazing things to help people.
Mothra
trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Jeez. Pathetic.

No, I actually don't. I'm saying it's pathetic because you assume he'll never be fully mobile again, he should've been offered as much guaranteed as Goff/Wentz, and likely a bit more since it was a year after they got their contracts (since that is how it typically works) and he had never missed a game. I don't pity him either, but I can't fault a guy trying to get a comparable contract. That's just how the game is played. And it was his agency rejecting it, not squarely on Dak's shoulders. And it's not cute that you always call him Zak. It's pathetic.

It's my understanding he was offered more than both Goff and Wentz. The rumor was $35 million a year and more than $100 millions guaranteed. If I recall wentz and Goff were likewise just over $100 million. Where are you getting your numbers from?
trey3216
Mothra said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Jeez. Pathetic.

It's my understanding he was offered more than both Goff and Wentz. The rumor was $35 million a year and more than $100 millions guaranteed. If I recall wentz and Goff were likewise just over $100 million. Where are you getting your numbers from?

The guaranteed money portion I've heard multiple times was right at Goff/Wentz and one source said it was slightly less. Those are #'s I've heard from listening to various Dallas sports stations.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

Mothra said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Jeez. Pathetic.

The guaranteed money portion I've heard multiple times was right at Goff/Wentz and one source said it was slightly less. Those are #'s I've heard from listening to various Dallas sports stations.

Yes, the guaranteed money was less than Goff and Wentz and Dallas wanted a 5 year deal and Dak 4 years at $35M per year.
BluesBear
trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Jeez. Pathetic.

Well, JJ is not a typical "how it works guy" - and allocating more than 17% of your salary cap to a single player doesn't make good business sense.

I apologize for calling DaK - Zak. Autocorrect is a *****.

But he had 2 years to sign a deal with likely $100m in guarantees. Those days are gone and I find it hard to believe that Jones will be franchising him for another year @ 37m for him to sit on the bench recovering from the injury. I would expect the Cowboys to allow him to hit the free agency market and wait until his is fully recovered before offering any sort of contract.

And for your "below market" comment people. You are likely the same people who take a new job because of a $xxK increase in salary only to realize your benefits and bonus structure actually nets you a total decrease in compensation.

Dak had the potential to earn so much more in endorsement deals than squabbling over 2-5m a year in salary. Let's see what he can do in recovery over the next 18-24 months.
Mothra
trey3216 said:

Mothra said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Jeez. Pathetic.

More money overall and approximately same guarantee seems fair. It would have made him the highest paid QB In the NFL outside of Mahomes which is an overpayment IMO. He's not top 5 IMO.

Being the second highest paid QB is an incredibly fair contract for Dak.
trey3216
TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Jeez. Pathetic.

Well, JJ is not a typical "how it works guy" - and allocating more than 17% of your salary cap to a single player doesn't make good business sense.

I apologize for calling DaK - Zak. Autocorrect is a *****.

But he had 2 years to sign a deal with likely $100m in guarantees. Those days are gone and I find it hard to believe that Jones will be franchising him for another year @ 37m for him to sit on the bench recovering from the injury. I would expect the Cowboys to allow him to hit the free agency market and wait until his is fully recovered before offering any sort of contract.

And for your "below market" comment people. You are likely the same people who take a new job because of a $xxK increase in salary only to realize your benefits and bonus structure actually nets you a total decrease in compensation.

Dak had the potential to earn so much more in endorsement deals than squabbling over 2-5m a year in salary. Let's see what he can do in recovery over the next 18-24 months.
Man, you give a reasoned response yet still decide to be a complete jackwagon.
trey3216
Mothra said:

trey3216 said:

Mothra said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Jeez. Pathetic.

More money overall and approximately same guarantee seems fair. It would have made him the highest paid QB In the NFL outside of Mahomes which is an overpayment IMO. He's not top 5 IMO.

the only # that truly matters to these guys and their agents is guaranteed $$
Timbear
Just to be clear, Dak is a great guy, leader and role model on and off the field, and every Cowboy fan is hurting for him and his family.
Mothra
trey3216 said:

Mothra said:

trey3216 said:

Mothra said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

trey3216 said:

TrustTheProcess said:

UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

UPBaylor said:

Timbear said:

Jeez. Pathetic.

the only # that truly matters to these guys and their agents is guaranteed $$

I hear ya. But again, the guarantee number is on par with those other guys. In fact, although it hasn't been reported, I would not be surprised if it's slightly more than their contracts.

From what I've read it wasn't the guaranteed money that was the issue but instead the 5th year.

Dak is a good QB, no question. At the very least the deal would have paid him QB money second only to Mahomes. That's more than fair for a QB of Dak's caliber - a good but not great QB. And of course there's the added endorsements he receives as the QB of the prominent franchise in the NFL. But he decided to risk things because he wanted to be the highest paid QB in the league. Now he's going to pay the price for that decision.
Assassin
This is the game most of us played. Even if it was only in Jr High for some, you almost certainly knew someone that got hurt. It's a game of violence.

Charlie Waters finally put his release in the mail so I should have it in my possession sometime this week. I'll post a copy here then, here's a taste that kinda fits the latest subject

Quote:

Paul: So I hear, there was a poll in 1975, 'the most underrated, unsung, and all probability underpaid player in the NFL', and they said that was Charlie Waters, 1975.

Charlie: Yeah, I won the Sports Illustrated unsung hero award two years in a row. Two years in a row, but you know, if you get unsung, if you get an unsung hero, don't you get sung?

Paul: (Laughs)

Charlie: That ain't right. So I mean, I played one year with a broken arm when I was playing corner.

I don't know if you got the book that Cliff and I wrote. But I played the whole season with a rod in my arm. The humerus is the second largest bone on the body. And I had a rod in there. Now you know how stupid we were. Because if you don't play, somebody's gonna take your place. And if you don't play well, somebody's gonna take your place.

Paul: Oh, yeah.

Charlie: That's just the way it is.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Mothra said:

trey3216 said:

Dak has an incredible arm but he lacks a couple of things that separate him from the top rung (IMO). One, he doesn't get 'touch', throwing the ball ONLY as hard or soft as you need for only the WR to get to it, and Two, he really doesn't have pocket presence. My guess is that, that type of peripheral vision/eyes in back of your head is something you are born with. Knowing that when that DE has gone out of your field, to step up in the pocket. Of course now that we have a new C, not sure that will be the best move anyway.

As for being one of the top QBs, I would agree he's not Top 5, but he is our Top 1. We will always give him more credit than the other team.

Here are the top QBs this season so far. Doubtful Dak will change his numbers in 2020.
Assassin
BTW - dont know if anyone noticed, but our Defense really improved. We were allowing 36.5 points per game and only gave up 34...
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BTW - dont know if anyone noticed, but our Defense really improved. We were allowing 36.5 points per game and only gave up 34...
we still have some room for improvement. Lol
BearForce
Dak has a 4 to 6 month recovery and Tristan Hill is out for the year with an ACL according to 105.3 The Fan.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Dak has a 4 to 6 month recovery and Tristan Hill is out for the year with an ACL according to 105.3 The Fan.
stinks! Can't help but worry about Dak's mental health.
Mothra
Assassin said:

Mothra said:

trey3216 said:

Dak has an incredible arm but he lacks a couple of things that separate him from the top rung (IMO). One, he doesn't get 'touch', throwing the ball ONLY as hard or soft as you need for only the WR to get to it, and Two, he really doesn't have pocket presence. My guess is that, that type of peripheral vision/eyes in back of your head is something you are born with. Knowing that when that DE has gone out of your field, to step up in the pocket. Of course now that we have a new C, not sure that will be the best move anyway.

As for being one of the top QBs, I would agree he's not Top 5, but he is our Top 1. We will always give him more credit than the other team.

Here are the top QBs this season so far. Doubtful Dak will change his numbers in 2020.

Agreed. And no surprise regarding his rankings. I've always considered him a top half of the league QB, but not much better than that. He's not nearly as accurate as one would like.

Would love for the Cowboys to somehow end up with a shot at getting a top QB in the draft this season. But I doubt it happens.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

stinks! Can't help but worry about Dak's mental health.

Absolutely...great point
BearForce
BearForce
I think we would actually be 18th if we won the division but it doesn't change much

21: R1P21
QB BROCK PURDY
IOWA STATE

53: R2P21
DL JAY TUFELE
USC

84: R3P20
S CADEN STERNS
TEXAS

98: R3P34
LB PALAIE GAOTEOTE IV
USC

123: R4P21
DL DANTE STILLS
WEST VIRGINIA

136: R4P34
LB MONTY RICE
GEORGIA

176: R5P35
OT TOMMY DOYLE
MIAMI OHIO

218: R6P39
CB RALEIGH TEXADA
BAYLOR

244: R7P21
EDGE WILLIAM BRADLEY-KING
BAYLOR
BearForce
trey3216
BearForce said:

I think we would actually be 18th if we won the division but it doesn't change much

QB BROCK PURDY
IOWA STATE

DL JAY TUFELE
USC

S CADEN STERNS
TEXAS

LB PALAIE GAOTEOTE IV
USC

DL DANTE STILLS
WEST VIRGINIA

LB MONTY RICE
GEORGIA

OT TOMMY DOYLE
MIAMI OHIO

CB RALEIGH TEXADA
BAYLOR

BAYLOR

Good Lord no on Brock Purdy
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

QB BROCK PURDY
IOWA STATE

DL JAY TUFELE
USC

S CADEN STERNS
TEXAS

LB PALAIE GAOTEOTE IV
USC

DL DANTE STILLS
WEST VIRGINIA

LB MONTY RICE
GEORGIA

OT TOMMY DOYLE
MIAMI OHIO

CB RALEIGH TEXADA
BAYLOR

BAYLOR

Good Lord no on Brock Purdy
LOL I know but I did that just to show what you are looking at for QB if you win the division.
BearForce
PFN Simulator that doesn't have the comp picks factored in but is probably in the right neighborhood in terms of draft position if you don't win the division"

Jaylen Twyman
DT Pittsburgh

Dillon Radunz
OT North Dakota State

Israel Mukuamu
CB South Carolina

Talanoa Hufanga
S USC

Dom Peterson
DT Nevada
Assassin
BearForce said:

PFN Simulator that doesn't have the comp picks factored in but is probably in the right neighborhood in terms of draft position if you don't win the division"

Jaylen Twyman
DT Pittsburgh

Dillon Radunz
OT North Dakota State

Israel Mukuamu
CB South Carolina

Talanoa Hufanga
S USC

Dom Peterson
DT Nevada
no 5th or 6th?
First Page Last Page
Page 481 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.