Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,081,516 Views | 29558 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Marvin Wilson
DT Florida State

Caden Sterns
S Texas

KJ Costello
QB Mississippi St

Adrian Ealy
OT Oklahoma

Malcolm Koonce
LB Buffalo
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
I think we will have our 1, 2 and 3, extra 3, our 4 and extra 4, extra 5, our 6 and extra 6

We sent a 5 to Philly in the last draft and our 7 to Pats
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

BTW - dont know if anyone noticed, but our Defense really improved. We were allowing 36.5 points per game and only gave up 34...
Playing a team that's averaging about 15 points a game helps make the defense look a tad better I guess
BearForce
A blast from Big 12 past

Assassin
BearForce said:

A blast from Big 12 past

well, he does have a ring
BearForce
This time with no Purdy

BearForce
BluesBear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Dak has a 4 to 6 month recovery and Tristan Hill is out for the year with an ACL according to 105.3 The Fan.
stinks! Can't help but worry about Dak's mental health.

Absolutely...great point
Spot on. Recovery won't be easy - physically or mentally. Hope Cowboys leadership has a plan in place.
Assassin
BearForce said:

I just saw that. However, those are the tires on the wheels. No telling how mobile/not mobile he will be - and as we said before, he does not have great pocket presence. I cannot imagine given him a top 5 contract until I've seen him take some hits - not in the 'smaller cap' of next season.

If I will Jerry, I would sit him down, talk it over, see what they can come up with that benefits both sides. He gets $31 mil this season for laying down most of the season, quite literally. Would he play for $25 next year? Benefits the team, gets him some fans, signs a long term deal once we know he can play. If he can't, he's $56 mil richer

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I just saw that. However, those are the tires on the wheels. No telling how mobile/not mobile he will be - and as we said before, he does not have great pocket presence. I cannot imagine given him a top 5 contract until I've seen him take some hits - not in the 'smaller cap' of next season.

If I will Jerry, I would sit him down, talk it over, see what they can come up with that benefits both sides. He gets $31 mil this season for laying down most of the season, quite literally. Would he play for $25 next year? Benefits the team, gets him some fans, signs a long term deal once we know he can play. If he can't, he's $56 mil richer

I don't see that scenario as realistically happening.

He is either getting $37M on a tag, signs a long term deal, or is playing somewhere else.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

He is either getting $37M on a tag, signs a long term deal, or is playing somewhere else.
I think we would be absolute fools to sign him to a long term deal WITHOUT all sorts of medical waivers in it. And its doubtful his agency would do that. No way in hell we sign him to the next franchise level. Playing elsewhere may be exactly what happens now.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I think we would be absolute fools to sign him to a long term deal WITHOUT all sorts of medical waivers in it. And its doubtful his agency would do that. No way in hell we sign him to the next franchise level. Playing elsewhere may be exactly what happens now.

Well we did extend Zeke, Jaylen Smith, and signed an injured DLaw...we are good at being foolish...LOL
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Well we did extend Zeke, Jaylen Smith, and signed an injured DLaw...we are good at being foolish...LOL
If you add all of those guys up, its probably about what his agents will want.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Sounds like things may be better now that Todd France is out of the picture
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Sounds like things may be better now that Todd France is out of the picture
we shall see how that pans out
BearForce
Insane
Assassin

A sad day, had to put my 20 yoa cat down this morning. You always want one more day with them but it's seldom the best for them.
BearForce
Assassin said:

A sad day, had to put my 20 yoa cat down this morning. You always want one more day with them but it's seldom the best for them.
My sincerest sympathy.
BearForce

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

My sincerest sympathy.
so sorry. They are so hard to give up. They are family.
BearForce
BaylorFan1234321
Feel bad for Dak... he had an amazing season going for him. Wish him a speedy recovery and wish him the best of luck with his mental health especially after his brother's suicide. He has my full support no matter what!
BaylorFan1234321
I wish you the best it's hard to lose a pet when they're family. My sympathy goes to you.
Saddle Up!
Assassin said:

So very sorry! It's very hard.
BearForce
On The Clock with a major upgrade with trades and trade offers. Got one I couldn't refuse.
Assassin
we are going to have to really use the draft to build the team out when that lower cap hits. Especially if they sign Dak to a heavy deal. Those extra picks are gonna come in very handy
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

On The Clock with a major upgrade with trades and trade offers. Got one I couldn't refuse.

This font is huge ! Lol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

This font is huge ! Lol
That's because it is a screenshot...LOL
BearForce
Assassin said:

we are going to have to really use the draft to build the team out when that lower cap hits. Especially if they sign Dak to a heavy deal. Those extra picks are gonna come in very handy
So, if it isn't obvious, the trade I was offered by the program was from KC, dropping from #21 to #28 in the second round for their 3rd round pick...seems rich to me but I wasn't going to refuse it. And then I loaded up on defense like I think we will have to do as well as getting an OT, TE, and OG.
BearForce
So Fam,

David Irving has been reinstated...do you resign him given our DL situation right now? You all know I don't like him but this may be one bitter pill that is best swallowed.
Assassin
BearForce said:

So Fam,

David Irving has been reinstated...do you resign him given our DL situation right now? You all know I don't like him but this may be one bitter pill that is best swallowed.
he's a FA, not sure he would want to come back here where he has so much baggage
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

So Fam,

he's a FA, not sure he would want to come back here where he has so much baggage
I know he is a free agent because we cut him. However, he may not have a great market out there and the coaching staff has changed. Like I said I think he is a POS but he also can walk right off the street and on to a field and get you a couple of sacks a game.
FlirtingWithBaylor
The great thing about the 'boys being on MNF is that I can redzone and enjoy football without any emotional investment.
Wichitabear
FlirtingWithBaylor said:

The great thing about the 'boys being on MNF is that I can redzone and enjoy football without any emotional investment.
I wish I could do that! Lol
Assassin
ESPN proposed trade from a couple of days ago:

Broncos trade Justin Simmons to Cowboys
Dallas Cowboys get: S Justin Simmons
Denver Broncos get: 2021 second-round pick, 2022 fourth-round pick

Two years ago, a struggling Cowboys team turned around its season by sending a first-round pick to the Raiders for Amari Cooper. The move was widely panned, but Dallas was right: The Cowboys were a much better team with Cooper on the field, they won the NFC East and they turned around what had been a struggling Dak Prescott.

Now, it's a flailing defense that needs to be fixed. The Cowboys haven't been interested in safety Earl Thomas, but what they need is someone who can be stout against the run and solid in coverage. Trading for Simmons would be a bold move, especially given that they just lost Prescott for the season, but Dallas has enough to win the NFC East with Andy Dalton behind center if it can get the secondary right. Team owner Jerry Jones and the front office also have shown an interest in trading for young stars they can sign to extensions, and Simmons would presumably be open to a significant extension on the sort of long-term deal the Cowboys favor.

Broncos fans would likely want to hold out for a Jamal Adams-sized package in return for their star safety, but that's just not realistic. Adams was two years away from free agency, while Simmons is already on his first franchise tag. The Broncos weren't able to come to terms on a contract extension before the season with the Boston College product, and with Simmons set to make $13.7 million on a second franchise tag against a $175 million cap next year, things aren't going to get any easier.

If Denver loses its next two games and falls out of the playoff race at 1-5, it will have to face facts. There's no sense in having Simmons play the second half of a lost season before letting him leave in free agency. Locking in a second-round pick gets the Broncos a better pick than a third-round compensatory selection, has that pick arrive a year early and allows general manager John Elway to spend in free agency without negating that would-be compensatory pick.
First Page Last Page
Page 482 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.