Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,076,786 Views | 29545 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

but there are 32 teams out there that want to get to the Superbowl. 31 will not be happy at the end of the year
Hard to be pleased when you don't get past the divisional round during a 10 year stretch and 2 of those years you were the 1 seed.
31 teams feel that way each year. If you didnt win it all, you didnt do squat.

One of the best teams of the 90s was the Buffalo Bills. However nobody talks about them, most folks forget how good they actually were.

1990 - 13-3, lost to the Giants in the Superbowl
1991 - 13-3, lost to the Redskins in the Superbowl
1992 - 11-5, lost to the Cowboys in the Superbowl
1993 - 12-4, lost to the Cowboys in the Superbowl

You can be 49-15 in 4 years but if you dont win the big one, nobody will remember.

Would nearly every team but the Pats, Steelers and 49rs trade their SB records for ours? Heck yea.

The New England Patriots ( 65 ) and Pittsburgh Steelers ( 62 ) have won the most Super Bowls with six championships, while the Dallas Cowboys ( 53 ) and the San Francisco 49ers ( 52 ) have five wins.

We were horrible at the end of the Landry era, it was time for a change. Jones brought that change, otherwise we would be struggling to pay bills with another owner, a dilapidated Texas Stadium and 3 less Super Bowl wins.

I dont live in the past but to deny just how bad we were in 1988 has to be recognized. The Federal government actually owned part of the Cowboys due to the financial crisis. Without Jones coming in, the Cowboys might have moved to Los Angeles or elsewhere.

I give him his credit. The man loves football. He lives football. He was the starting left OT on a National Championship football team at Arkansas at 185 lbs. Thats one tough SOB.

I think his main issue at GM is that he is not cutthroat. He gave Garrett too much time before pulling the plug. He keeps players past their prime.

One thing Bellichk has shown in New England is that you need to move on. Dont overpay. Bring in folks on 1 year deals and see if they work out.

I think you need to bring in a GM for the team. He can work with the Jones, but he's gotta recognize talent, cut weight on the folks that need cutting.
i don't disagree.

But people really need to realize that the cowboys do have a GM, and it's not Jerry Jones. Jerry just has the title for his ego. He is not in charge of player/personnel. He signs the checks and everything is run by him, but Jerry is not the GM, that is Will Mcclay.
I wish he was, but McClay is not the GM. He VP of Player Personnel. He is part of a group that makes personnel decisions including Stephen Jones. Cowboys run thier organization differently from most.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

but there are 32 teams out there that want to get to the Superbowl. 31 will not be happy at the end of the year
Hard to be pleased when you don't get past the divisional round during a 10 year stretch and 2 of those years you were the 1 seed.

One of the best teams of the 90s was the Buffalo Bills. However nobody talks about them, most folks forget how good they actually were.

You can be 49-15 in 4 years but if you dont win the big one, nobody will remember.

Would nearly every team but the Pats, Steelers and 49rs trade their SB records for ours? Heck yea.

The New England Patriots ( 65 ) and Pittsburgh Steelers ( 62 ) have won the most Super Bowls with six championships, while the Dallas Cowboys ( 53 ) and the San Francisco 49ers ( 52 ) have five wins.

We were horrible at the end of the Landry era, it was time for a change. Jones brought that change, otherwise we would be struggling to pay bills with another owner, a dilapidated Texas Stadium and 3 less Super Bowl wins.

I dont live in the past but to deny just how bad we were in 1988 has to be recognized. The Federal government actually owned part of the Cowboys due to the financial crisis. Without Jones coming in, the Cowboys might have moved to Los Angeles or elsewhere.

I give him his credit. The man loves football. He lives football. He was the starting left OT on a National Championship football team at Arkansas at 185 lbs. Thats one tough SOB.

I think his main issue at GM is that he is not cutthroat. He gave Garrett too much time before pulling the plug. He keeps players past their prime.

One thing Bellichk has shown in New England is that you need to move on. Dont overpay. Bring in folks on 1 year deals and see if they work out.

I think you need to bring in a GM for the team. He can work with the Jones, but he's gotta recognize talent, cut weight on the folks that need cutting.
i don't disagree.

But people really need to realize that the cowboys do have a GM, and it's not Jerry Jones. Jerry just has the title for his ego. He is not in charge of player/personnel. He signs the checks and everything is run by him, but Jerry is not the GM, that is Will Mcclay.
I wish he was, but McClay is not the GM. He VP of Player Personnel. He is part of a group that makes personnel decisions including Stephen Jones. Cowboys run thier organization differently from most.

I'm well aware how they run the organization.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
Wichitabear
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

i don't disagree.

I didn't know that'
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Da Nuci is in
How did he do? I fell asleep.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Da Nuci is in

He handed off well...
BearForce
Good news!

Brandon Knight just had knee surgery...FML
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Da Nuci is in

He handed off well...
lololol thanks! Hey it happens. Lol
trey3216
BearForce said:

Good news!

Lol. Wow
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Good news!

Lol. Wow

Apparently it was a scope that went well and he will be back in a few weeks. That said Dalton may regret getting the starting job with this OL.
Timbear
Jerry would not put up with his level of mediocrity and failure from any of his employees.
Assassin
Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory will be available to play Sunday against the Washington Football Team now that he has been removed from the commissioner's exempt list.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Former Dallas Cowboys pass-rusher David Irving has signed with the Las Vegas Raiders.

He joined the practice squad, while the Raiders activated quarterback Marcus Mariota off injured reserve.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Former Dallas Cowboys pass-rusher David Irving has signed with the Las Vegas Raiders.

He joined the practice squad, while the Raiders activated quarterback Marcus Mariota off injured reserve.

Probably just as well...if the locker room is already metastasized, David would have taken us to stage four.
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

its more like this:
gobears20
Staff
Is this real lol

Wichitabear
gobears20 said:

Is this real lol

He's probably right. Sad
BearForce
Andy was bad and the OL wasn't as bad as you may think.

BearForce
And for the players *****ing...well the defensive players getting exposed again

BearForce
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

I'll be skipping that! I still want the Eagles to lose
Timbear
There's a difference in signing players, and putting together a team. Jerry signs players.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

we always want the Eagles to lose
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

and....they didn't ! Now watching our bears lose
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

wondering which team, the Bears or the Cowboys will be better this year
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

That's a toss up. Horrible. Assassin, when is your interview coming out?
BearForce
Dallas has more winable games.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

are you sure? Lol. Seriously, we looked awful against the cardinals. Which team do you think we have a chance against?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

are you sure? Lol. Seriously, we looked awful against the cardinals. Which team do you think we have a chance against?

Giants, Washington x2

BU?
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Giants, Washington x2

BU?
I honestly don't think BU will win anymore games this year. Cowboys might beat Washington.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

That's a toss up. Horrible. Assassin, when is your interview coming out?
It's done. Waiting on our new webpage to get finished and unveil it at that time
Assassin
Todd Archer ESPN
The Dallas Cowboys are preparing as if Pro Bowl right guard Zack Martin will not play Sunday against the Washington Football Team because of a concussion.

"Unless there's a change in the next 24 hours I don't see Zack participating," coach Mike McCarthy said Friday. "So I think we all recognize that it being a Monday game [last week], it was going to be a challenge, but he's still not through the protocol."

Connor McGovern replaced Martin in Monday's loss to the Arizona Cardinals and would make his first career start against Washington, but this is a much different offensive line than what the Cowboys thought they would have when McCarthy was hired and even at the start of the season.

When McCarthy was hired in January, the Cowboys had a line that was the envy of most teams, with Pro Bowlers Martin, Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick. But Frederick retired in the offseason and Smith played just two games because of a neck injury that required surgery. Right tackle La'el Collins will not play a snap this season because of hip surgery.

Frederick's replacement, Joe Looney, will miss his third straight game because of a knee injury. Smith's replacement at left tackle, Brandon Knight, suffered a knee injury and had surgery on Tuesday. Undrafted rookie Terence Steele has started every game at right tackle.

Cameron Erving, who has been out since the season opener because of a knee injury, is expected to fill in at left tackle. The Cowboys could have Greg Senat as the backup tackle but also have veteran Jordan Mills on the practice squad.

The projected starting line -- Erving, Connor Williams, Tyler Biadasz, McGovern, Steele -- would be the fifth different group used this season. And it will be protecting the Cowboys' backup quarterback, Andy Dalton, who will start his second game in place of injured Dak Prescott.
Assassin
Also, we are borrowing the Waco Lions defense for this game
BearForce
Assassin said:

Also, we are borrowing the Waco Lions defense for this game

Or is it Waco University or is it Waco LaVega...
First Page Last Page
Page 486 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.