Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,419 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Cowboys
TMZ obtained eight photos of bruising on the body of suspended RB Ezekiel Elliott's domestic abuse accuser.
This certainly won't help Elliott's chances of winning an appeal. Ex-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson took photos of bruising on her arms, hands, neck, and legs following the alleged domestic incident. At the time, Elliott told police officers the woman was injured during a bar fight with someone else.

Source: TMZ.com
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
According to a statement released by his lawyers, Ezekiel Elliott will appeal his six-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Elliott had up to three business days to file an appeal following the announcement of Friday's six-game ban. "Mr. Elliott and his team of representatives are extremely disappointed with the NFL's decision," said attorneys Frank Salzano and Scott Rosenblum in a joint statement. "The NFL's findings are replete with factual inaccuracies and erroneous conclusions and it 'cherry picks' so called evidence to support its conclusion while ignoring other critical evidence." Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports is hearing that Elliott is willing to take his appeal "through courts if he has to," just as Tom Brady did when he was suspended for his role in DeflateGate. Given how slowly the wheels of justice move in the NFLElliott's investigation began last summerthis saga could drag on for quite some time.
Source: NFL.com
Aug 11 - 3:26 PM
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Assassin
BaylorProud77
Well, this is sickening news. Fair and balanced is definitely lacking in NFL decisions on assault. Sick
Courtesy_Flush
If he really did beat his ex girlfriend he deserves the Ray Rice treatment
Assassin
Agree if he did the crime. Do the time. Lots of issues sith this gals testimony
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

Agree if he did the crime. Do the time. Lots of issues sith this gals testimony

if he did the crime, where was the jail time???? of course,he should be punished for this if this is all true. He really needs to be scared ******** if he wants to continue to play football
Assassin
Rico Gathers - TE - Cowboys
Cowboys TE Rico Gathers caught 4-of-6 targets for 47 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's preseason game.
It was the converted basketball player's second straight preseason game with a score. He's now up to 7/106/2 on the summer, and increasingly looking like someone who is going to force himself onto the 53-man roster.
Assassin
PFT's Mike Florio reports the NFL's investigation into suspended RB Ezekiel Elliott's involvement in a July 16 bar brawl is closed. Elliott was subject to the league's personal conduct policy for allegedly breaking the nose of a DJ at a Dallas nightclub. The NFL looked into the case, but couldn't come to any conclusions. For now, it sounds like Elliott has avoided further suspension. Elliott is still facing potential discipline for his St. Patrick's Day incident
Assassin
Assassin
Interested to see what Lewis Neal can do. A pinch over 6', 258. Undersized by DT by a lot. Undersized at DE by a bit. Had 8 sacks at LSU as a sophomore before LSU changed schemes. Very, very quick first step

Assassin
Really, really Xcited to see what X Woods can do in Marinelli's schemes. Dallas has gotten steal after steal in recent drafts. I thought Woods would go 3rd or 4th round. But getting him in the 6th was incredible.

Assassin
Taco Charlton had more tackles (3) than Kellen Moore had passing yards (2) those first 15 minutes last night
BearForce
Top steal...X man
Assassin
BearForce said:

Top steal...X man
Really interested to see what he can do. Love the way he wraps up

He's probably best as the box safety, playing downhill. Unfortunately for last years 6th rounder Kevin Frazier, thats his best shot. Really exposed in pass coverage outside last night
Assassin
Bad news for Hamlett, but good news for Rico. Hamlett was Rico's competition for the #3-#4 spot. Witten and Hanna are 1-2, Swaim has a season on him but I see Rico as close to his equal now, bigger upside. Both Hanna and Swaim are coming off injuries so that could factor in also
--------------------
Cowboys TE Connor Hamlett is out for the year with a fractured fibula and high ankle sprain.
Hamlett was competing for a roster spot behind Jason Witten, Rico Gathers, Geoff Swaim, and James Hanna. It's just a minor blow to the Cowboys' depth.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter

Assassin
Gathers story in DC.com

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/08/13/rico-gathers-grabs-another-jump-ball-td-%E2%80%9Cit%E2%80%99s-my-ball-it%E2%80%99s-rebound%E2%80%9D
BearForce
Assassin said:

Bad news for Hamlett, but good news for Rico. Hamlett was Rico's competition for the #3-#4 spot. Witten and Hanna are 1-2, Swaim has a season on him but I see Rico as close to his equal now, bigger upside. Both Hanna and Swaim are coming off injuries so that could factor in also
--------------------
Cowboys TE Connor Hamlett is out for the year with a fractured fibula and high ankle sprain.
Hamlett was competing for a roster spot behind Jason Witten, Rico Gathers, Geoff Swaim, and James Hanna. It's just a minor blow to the Cowboys' depth.

Dude, we ain't play Shakespeare's plays here...Uncle Rico's got this!

Being serious, I wonder of they shop Hanna to get something for him before he walks next year.
Franko

I keep hearing people in the media talking about Zeke filing an injunction to prevent his suspension from taking effect until the legal process is completed. I do not believe this will be successful, and he will miss the first 4-6 games of this season. This is a little legal nerdery but here is why.

1. The NFL can choose the court that will decide the case. Goodell's ruling is an arbitration award. Once it is issued, the NFL can file a Motion To Enforce the award in the court of its choice. The NFL controls when the arbitration award is issued, so it can have the motion to enforce ready to file the minute the award is issued. On the other hand, Elliott has to wait until the award is issued before he can prepare a motion to vacate the award. The first filed lawsuit determines the court that will decide the case. The NFL is almost guaranteed to file first. This is what they did in Deflategate

2. The NFL will likely file in the Southern District of New York which is where they filed suit in Deflategate. The Second Circuit Court of Appeals decision in Deflategate is binding precedent on courts in the Southern District of New York. In Deflategate, the Court of Appeals held that Brady could not contest Goodell's decision because the NFLPA agreed to give him wide discretion in handing out punishment. That decision likely means Elliott stands little chance of winning on the merits of his case.

3. In order to get an injunction to prevent his suspension from taking effect immediately, he will have to show a "likelihood of success on the merits." Given the Deflategate decision, I do not believe he can make this showing.

4. So in order to avoid missing games this season, he will have to win on the merits before the season starts. First, as I stated, I do not believe he can win on the merits given the binding Deflategate precedent. Second, by the time Goodell issues a final ruling, There will only be about 10 days until opening day. There is no way to get a court decision on the merits in his favor within 10 days. So he will miss games, and probably all 6 unless Goodell reduces the suspension.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

--------------------

Being serious, I wonder of they shop Hanna to get something for him before he walks next year.
"The Bear doth protest too much, methinks."

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

--------------------

Not sure there is market for him given his injury history. A real shame as he's an absolutely devastating leading blocker.
Assassin
Franko said:

I keep hearing people in the media talking about Zeke filing an injunction to prevent his suspension from taking effect until the legal process is completed. I do not believe this will be successful, and he will miss the first 4-6 games of this season. This is a little legal nerdery but here is why.

1. The NFL can choose the court that will decide the case. Goodell's ruling is an arbitration award. Once it is issued, the NFL can file a Motion To Enforce the award in the court of its choice. The NFL controls when the arbitration award is issued, so it can have the motion to enforce ready to file the minute the award is issued. On the other hand, Elliott has to wait until the award is issued before he can prepare a motion to vacate the award. The first filed lawsuit determines the court that will decide the case. The NFL is almost guaranteed to file first. This is what they did in Deflategate

2. The NFL will likely file in the Southern District of New York which is where they filed suit in Deflategate. The Second Circuit Court of Appeals decision in Deflategate is binding precedent on courts in the Southern District of New York. In Deflategate, the Court of Appeals held that Brady could not contest Goodell's decision because the NFLPA agreed to give him wide discretion in handing out punishment. That decision likely means Elliott stands little chance of winning on the merits of his case.

3. In order to get an injunction to prevent his suspension from taking effect immediately, he will have to show a "likelihood of success on the merits." Given the Deflategate decision, I do not believe he can make this showing.

4. So in order to avoid missing games this season, he will have to win on the merits before the season starts. First, as I stated, I do not believe he can win on the merits given the binding Deflategate precedent. Second, by the time Goodell issues a final ruling, There will only be about 10 days until opening day. There is no way to get a court decision on the merits in his favor within 10 days. So he will miss games, and probably all 6 unless Goodell reduces the suspension.

Does he have a chance suing on Defamation of Character given the damage done to him by the NFL as the courts have dropped the case, and much of the girls testimony has been ditched?
Assassin
Assassin
Gotta say, Cooper Rush looked better than Kellen Moore Saturday.

Not sure that we have our backup QB on the squad right now. Moore throws a catchable ball and decent placement but such a lack of arm strength has the DBs moving up into the running lanes and everything underneath

McKown didnt look very good either. Just over 2300 yds passing in 14 seasons, 9TDs and 15 picks. Not quite sure what keeps him in the league
Assassin
Former Cowboy QB Dustin Vaughn back on the market. Ravens just cut him
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

Does he have a chance suing on Defamation of Character given the damage done to him by the NFL as the courts have dropped the case, and much of the girls testimony has been ditched?
Extremely unlikely. He would have to show malice on the part of the NFL because he is a public figure. That is a very difficult standard to establish. In any event, that would take years to conclude, and he would have long since served his suspension.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

--------------------

"The Bear doth protest too much, methinks."

It was a bad play (pun not intended) off of an old Terry Tate bit...the one with Carry Cate
Assassin
I've seen many one handed catches in my lifetime but none quite like this one!

BearForce
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Franko said:

Extremely unlikely. He would have to show malice on the part of the NFL because he is a public figure. That is a very difficult standard to establish. In any event, that would take years to conclude, and he would have long since served his suspension.

Frank,

How about if he can show a pattern of inconsistency in the discipline administered to previous alleged offenders? Would that merit any consideration by the courts? Or could he, not that I would advocate this, pursue a civil rights complaint given how Josh Brown was treated compared to all the others found to have been in violation of the NFL domestic violence policy.
Franko
BearForce said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

Franko said:

Frank,

How about if he can show a pattern of inconsistency in the discipline administered to previous alleged offenders? Would that merit any consideration by the courts? Or could he, not that I would advocate this, pursue a civil rights complaint given how Josh Brown was treated compared to all the others found to have been in violation of the NFL domestic violence policy.
That goes back to the wide discretion the NFLPA gave to Goodell. Part of that discretion is deciding the appropriate length of suspensions under the facts of each individual case.. And courts are very hesitant to delve into the facts of each particular case to compare and contrast the similarities or dissimilarities between cases. Courts typically don't review the outcome to determine if it is correct. They just make sure the process that the parties agreed to was utilized.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
BearForce
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

Franko said:

Frank,

That goes back to the wide discretion the NFLPA gave to Goodell. Part of that discretion is deciding the appropriate length of suspensions under the facts of each individual case.. And courts are very hesitant to delve into the facts of each particular case to compare and contrast the similarities or dissimilarities between cases. Courts typically don't review the outcome to determine if it is correct. They just make sure the process that the parties agreed to was utilized.

So basically so long as the NFL followed it's process then they are in good shape
Franko
BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

Franko said:

Frank,

So basically so long as the NFL followed it's process then they ar3 in good shape
Pretty much.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Assassin
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

Frank,

So basically so long as the NFL followed it's process then they ar3 in good shape
Pretty much.
So apparently Goodell didnt consider the texts the girl sent to her girlfriend telling her to cover her story and make up stuff?
Assassin
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.