Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,521 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by BearkatBear
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very good safety free agent class

Assassin
Quinn's Cover 3 is a three-deep, four-under, middle-of-the-field-closed (single-high safety) zone defense that allows the defense to +1 against the run, meaning there's one more defender near the box than the offense has blockers, while limiting big plays through the air with three deep zone defenders.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Quinn's Cover 3 is a three-deep, four-under, middle-of-the-field-closed (single-high safety) zone defense that allows the defense to +1 against the run, meaning there's one more defender near the box than the offense has blockers, while limiting big plays through the air with three deep zone defenders.
ok. That sounds good. Lolol
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

As long as you have that FS up top to be the last line of defense.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

right. Understood every bit of it. Lol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

3 safeties is your cover 3
2 corners and 2 LBs are your 4 under
And then you have your 4 DL

Or basically a 3 deep nickel.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Ok. Thank you BearForce. Lol
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Unless you have a shallow dime. Then it's nearly the same but completely different
Assassin
BearForce
Assassin said:

I just replied to him reminding him the Eagles don't like Super Bowl winning coaches.
BearForce
I think this is right which means I think we, if we trade down, will be working to shift some of this draft capital into 2022 or maybe as trade bait for players.

Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Unless you have a shallow dime. Then it's nearly the same but completely different
right. Lolol funny very funny
BearForce
I concur
TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

Ouch. Another way of thinking of this that I was struck by based on a graphic during the TB/NO game.

In the first 30 years of the Cowboys, they played in the final game before the Super Bowl 12 times. In the last 30 years, they have done it 4 (all in a row). If it weren't for the Hershell Walker deal, the last 30 years would be a total failure.
Wichitabear
If we could have kept Jimmy Johnson for awhile longer, we would have continued to win. Thank you Jerry
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

If we could have kept Jimmy Johnson for awhile longer, we would have continued to win. Thank you Jerry
Are we absolutely sure Jimmy didn't want to leave? Not defending Jerry but I think if you look at the total picture you can make a great case Jimmy was insubordinate.
Franko
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Are we absolutely sure Jimmy didn't want to leave? Not defending Jerry but I think if you look at the total picture you can make a great case Jimmy was insubordinate.
Jimmy never stayed anywhere for very long. Maybe Jerry pushed him out a little early, but he wasn't ever going to be a Cowboys lifer.
trey3216
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Theres a lot of rumors out there that Jimmy's personal conduct in South Beach and Valley Ranch led guys like Michael Irvin down really bad paths, and that helped lead to his exit
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Franko
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Theres a lot of rumors out there that Jimmy's personal conduct in South Beach and Valley Ranch led guys like Michael Irvin down really bad paths, and that helped lead to his exit
I never heard those rumors. What was the nature of his personal conduct (other than he was generally an a-hole)?
trey3216
Franko said:

trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

I never heard those rumors. What was the nature of his personal conduct (other than he was generally an a-hole)?
he enjoyed the late nights and the nose candy
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
BearForce said:

I think this is right which means I think we, if we trade down, will be working to shift some of this draft capital into 2022 or maybe as trade bait for players.

your link didnt take. Got an idea what this was about?
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Just let me believe what I want too. Lolololol I really thought both were arrogant. I'm sure Jimmy wanted to leave.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Us getting 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round comp picks
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I posted this a couple of days ago. Might improve the last one

Assassin
Both Maliek Collins and Jeff Heath were given LTBE incentives by the Raiders. That boosted Collins's contract to a borderline 5th/6th round value, and Heath's to a borderline 6th/7th round value.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I remember...just was added further confirmation while wondering if we trade down for more picks, including future picks.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I remember...just was added further confirmation while wondering if we trade down for more picks, including future picks.
Bill Belechik was the master of trading a pick in one round for a pick in an earlier round the next year. I guess it worked out pretty well for him. He also was the master of not giving a lot of folks a second contract after their rookie year! Makes one heck of a lot of sense in a salary cap era
Assassin
Unless you sub to Athletic, you will not be able to read this rather long study. In a nutshell, it would appear that Smith is 1. Didnt get Nolan's D or 2. His time has past due to his knee problems or 3. Is football dumb

My guess is that all three apply on any given play. He made some great plays but also some, 'what the hell was he thinking' plays

https://theathletic.com/2329759/2021/01/19/cowboys-jaylon-smith-film-coaches-nfl/

Quote:

Two of our coaches left these overall summaries.

Coach 1: Overall, I look at 54 and feel like he has an incomplete understanding of how the defense works almost like someone has coached him to just go run and be the best athlete. He seems to overreact to things that are not his responsibility, and he under-reacts to things that are fundamental to his own success in the scheme.

Coach 3: Playing linebacker is more than being able to blitz and cover receivers down the field. It is about taking on blocks, shedding them and tackling the ballcarrier. It is about living for contact and blowing up an iso. Jaylon wears the green dot, and you are telling me he has a hard time reading keys in the running game? I know I seem to pile on Jaylon a lot, but this is at the feet of Jerry and Stephen. This kid may have been an OK pro at 100 percent, but take away what he relies upon as his fastball and you have someone searching for answers. No wonder he jumps at every crosser he sees; his legs don't work so he is guessing.

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Also, Philly could get bumped down to only 1 comp pick if things go our way
Assassin
Dwight Haskins goes to the Pittsburgh Pretenders...
BearForce
Assassin said:

Yep...and I think it's a smart low risk move for Pittsburgh and for Haskins a good organization to get a redo. And if he becomes the man, Matt Canada will design an offense that works to his strengths.

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yep...and I think it's a smart low risk move for Pittsburgh and for Haskins a good organization to get a redo. And if he becomes the man, Matt Canada will design an offense that works to his strengths.

I was all for bringing him in to the Cowboys as third wheel. Would have gotten a chance to work with a couple of alleged QB-whisperers in McCarthy and Moore
First Page Last Page
Page 536 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.