Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,405 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by BearkatBear
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love this hire!

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Matt Miller - hypothetical, Dak + 10 for deshaun Watson?

Deshaun Watson signed a 4 year, $156,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $39,000,000. In 2021, Watson will earn a base salary of $10,540,000, while carrying a cap hit of $15,940,000 and a dead cap value of $67,140,000.

=================

Dak has to agree to sign...i doubt it
would you do it?

Given Dak's surgery and Deshauns want to go to a competitive team, I would think that we would be one of the teams he would want to go to

On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Deshaun Watson signed a 4 year, $156,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $39,000,000. In 2021, Watson will earn a base salary of $10,540,000, while carrying a cap hit of $15,940,000 and a dead cap value of $67,140,000.

=================

would you do it?

Given Dak's surgery and Deshauns want to go to a competitive team, I would think that we would be one of the teams he would want to go to

I kinda would like to see that. I was thinking the other day, I wonder what he would be like here.
Assassin
Stafford to the Rams?

Goff to Washington?

Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN

Sources: Matthew Stafford considers the Rams a viable contender in his trade market with the Lions. While it's unclear what the Rams can do with Jared Goff's long-term deal on the books, they've explored the possibilities with Stafford
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
PFF @PFF

Zack Martin has only allowed 1 sack on 1,027 pass-blocking snaps in the last two seasons Elite
Assassin
Robert Sullivan @RobSull08

@WhatGoingDowney Dan Orlovsky said on ESPN that Stafford is way more talented the Dak is at QB.
Assassin
If the Dallas Cowboys franchise Dak Prescott again this offseason, the franchise tag is going to be $37.7 million for the year. If you just caught the trend I applaud you. Why would an agent negotiate a deal below next year's anticipated franchise tag? He wouldn't which is why this offseason, Dak's team knows next year's franchise tag will exceed $40 million dollars.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

@WhatGoingDowney Dan Orlovsky said on ESPN that Stafford is way more talented the Dak is at QB.
hmmm I don't know about that. Of course, I really haven't watch him play much.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Stafford is a really good QB, but he is not better than Dak. By any means!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

=================

would you do it?

You, me, the Texans maybe, and Cowboys maybe don't matter if Dak doesn't sign the tender because he doesn't want to go to Houston is my point. Would I do it, yes, especially since Houston was at least smart enough to get Watson his money on an extension so his cap number is very friendly,
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Two things to remember about Orlovsky should tell you all you need to know

1. He thought the end zone was 11 yards deep (oh and see if you recognize who his HC is)

2. He was a huge Wentz fanboy over Dak until this year he finally couldn't deny what we all already knew.
Assassin
In the last 25 seasons the Cowboys have won only 52 percent of their games, trotted out 24 starting quarterbacks and endured seven head coaches

Since winning their last Super Bowl in the 1995 season, the Cowboys have won more playoff games (4) than only seven teams Bears and Dolphins (3), Washington (2), Bills, Browns, Bengals and Lions (0). They've won fewer than the Jets, the Jaguars and are tied with the Texans, a franchise that wasn't even hatched until 2002. The torturous truth:

33 Patriots

18 Packers

17 Steelers

15 Ravens

14 Broncos Eagles Seahawks

13 Colts

11 49ers

10 Giants

9 Saints Panthers

8 Falcons Vikings Titans Rams

7 Jets Jaguars

6 Cardinals

5 Buccaneers Chiefs Chargers

4 Cowboys Raiders Texans

3 Bears Dolphins

2 Washington

0 Bills Browns Bengals Lions
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

In the last 25 seasons the Cowboys have won only 52 percent of their games, trotted out 24 starting quarterbacks and endured seven head coaches

Since winning their last Super Bowl in the 1995 season, the Cowboys have won more playoff games (4) than only seven teams Bears and Dolphins (3), Washington (2), Bills, Browns, Bengals and Lions (0). They've won fewer than the Jets, the Jaguars and are tied with the Texans, a franchise that wasn't even hatched until 2002. The torturous truth:

33 Patriots

18 Packers

17 Steelers

15 Ravens

13 Colts

11 49ers

10 Giants

9 Saints Panthers

7 Jets Jaguars

6 Cardinals

4 Cowboys Raiders Texans

3 Bears Dolphins

2 Washington

ugh
Assassin

My latest. Mocks are pretty much predicting Horn to go in the 15-20 range so I had some nice offers but with the other two off the boards, didnt want to chance it. Still picked up a 5 next year with 6/7 this year. I like getting the extra ammo
BearForce
Goff, 2 first round and 1
third round pick traded to Detroit for Stafford...woah
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

Goff, 2 first round and 1
third round pick traded to Detroit for Stafford...woah
Add - its not a done deal until March 17 when the new year comes and the deal can be signed off on. The owners could nix it.

Gonna be an interesting next 6ish weeks.

Stafford is really good but he's also been beatup pretty good behind the Lion OL.

If the deal finalizes, I think the Lions came out pretty well. I would expect those 1sts to be the mid 20s to the top. Combine those with the Lion's bottom half of the 32, will really help with the rebuild.
Assassin
The Washington Football Team had an aggressive offer for Matthew Stafford before he was traded to the Rams.

The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala said the Football Team's offer for Stafford "was better for the Lions this year than what the Rams offered." The Rams landed Stafford on Saturday in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick, a 2022 first-round pick, a 2023 first-round pick, and Jared Goff. Apparently Washington's offer for Stafford wasn't as loaded on the back end, but may have included a bigger draft pick haul for this year. It's noteworthy that the Football Team made an aggressive push for Stafford -- they're clearly not committed to heading into the 2021 season with Alex Smith as the team's unquestioned starter. It makes sense: there's a real argument that, by season's end, Taylor Heinicke was Washington's best QB option by a long shot. Ron Rivera's team could be a dark horse to sell out in pursuit of Deshaun Watson in the coming months. Washington could also land a free agent signal caller. Unrestricted free agent QBs this offseason include Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, and Mitchell Trubisky.
Assassin
Stafford:

2021: $9.5 million (+ $10 million roster bonus)
2022: $12.5 million (+ $10 million roster bonus)
2023: Free Agent
Assassin
btw - not football but I just saw Tiny Lister passed away in December. A young 62 yoa... the perfect foil for the bad guy in TV and movies. Blind from birth in one eye, production crews ran with that. Played Deebo in 'Friday' and Nicky's older brother Cassius in 'Little Nicky'

Worked on a pilot with him back in the day out in LA. He was fun and goofy. Something that you never saw on screen

Ice Cube "RIP Tiny 'Deebo' Lister. America's favorite bully was a born entertainer who would pop into character at the drop of a hat terrifying people on and off camera. Followed by a big smile and laugh ... Thank you for being a good dude at heart. I miss you already."

RIP Tiny

Assassin
BearForce said:

Love this hire!

TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

33 Patriots

18 Packers

17 Steelers

15 Ravens

13 Colts

11 49ers

10 Giants

9 Saints Panthers

7 Jets Jaguars

6 Cardinals

4 Cowboys Raiders Texans

3 Bears Dolphins

2 Washington

Is there any team in the NFL that would still have a GM in place if he'd had 25 years like that?
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

Assassin said:

33 Patriots

18 Packers

17 Steelers

15 Ravens

13 Colts

11 49ers

10 Giants

9 Saints Panthers

7 Jets Jaguars

6 Cardinals

4 Cowboys Raiders Texans

3 Bears Dolphins

2 Washington

Is there any team in the NFL that would still have a GM in place if he'd had 25 years like that?
If I had a billion dollars and owned a team, I would certainly have made a decision. But I don't and I don't, so there's that.

Assassin
Assassin
Matthew is one tough SOB

Assassin
Assassin
SI Mock Draft makes some changes after the Goff - Stafford trade:

Dallas Cowboys: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern

One of the issues that plagued the Dallas Cowboys in 2020 beyond the loss of Dak Prescott to injury was injuries and inconsistencies on the offensive line. Dallas lost Tyron Smith to injury, and had some woes in the interior of the line as well.

Assuming they bring Prescott back and do not need to shop around for a quarterback with this pick, the Cowboys can turn their focus to protecting their franchise QB. Adding Rashawn Slater fills needs for the organization up front.

Slater was the right tackle for Northwestern his first two years on campus, but then kicked to the left side in 2019 and showed great potential on that side. Slater opted out of the 2020 season, but that has not stopped him from remaining near the top of the offensive tackle class. He can also be viewed as someone who could contribute in the interior, so if Dallas was able to rely on both Smith and Zack Martin at the tackle spots they could slide Slater inside to start his career. This pick gives Dallas a lot of options with the offensive line heading into the 2021 season.
Assassin
SI Mock trade deShaun to Miami

Trade terms between the Miami Dolphins and the Houston Texans:
Houston sends Deshaun Watson and a 2022 third-round pick
Miami sends pick 3, pick 18, a 2022 first-round pick, a 2023 second-round pick, and Tua Tagovailoa
BearForce
Assassin said:

I think both of those safeties are overrated
BearForce
Assassin said:

SI Mock Draft makes some changes after the Goff - Stafford trade:

Dallas Cowboys: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern

One of the issues that plagued the Dallas Cowboys in 2020 beyond the loss of Dak Prescott to injury was injuries and inconsistencies on the offensive line. Dallas lost Tyron Smith to injury, and had some woes in the interior of the line as well.

Assuming they bring Prescott back and do not need to shop around for a quarterback with this pick, the Cowboys can turn their focus to protecting their franchise QB. Adding Rashawn Slater fills needs for the organization up front.

Slater was the right tackle for Northwestern his first two years on campus, but then kicked to the left side in 2019 and showed great potential on that side. Slater opted out of the 2020 season, but that has not stopped him from remaining near the top of the offensive tackle class. He can also be viewed as someone who could contribute in the interior, so if Dallas was able to rely on both Smith and Zack Martin at the tackle spots they could slide Slater inside to start his career. This pick gives Dallas a lot of options with the offensive line heading into the 2021 season.

Martin at tackle? Where did Collins go? I love these bad national writers.
trey3216
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I want the guy from Central Florida. Kid is a really good football player.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I want the guy from Central Florida. Kid is a really good football player.

Agree, him and the small TCU safety
BearForce
BearForce
Good for him and his family.

BearForce
First Page Last Page
Page 539 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.