Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,093,299 Views | 29773 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BearkatBear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Divine Diablo?

Good to see Tommy Kramer has come out of retirement.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Divine Diablo?

Good to see Tommy Kramer has come out of retirement.
Here is a write up on him from BtB.com today...understand that I drafted him as a LB with good coverage skills

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/2/1/22259020/seven-cowboys-draft-target-who-flew-under-the-radar-at-the-senior-bowl-charles-snowden-marvin-wilson
Quote:

Divine Deablo, S, Virginia Tech
Speaking of big defensive backs with good ball skills, Divine Deablo has entered the chat. Standing at 6' 3" and 226 pounds with a 79" wingspan, Deablo looks more like a linebacker than a safety. He played all over the field with the Hokies, but showed consistent ball production in three years as a starter that peaked with four interceptions his senior season.
Deablo's biggest knock was a lack of top-end athleticism, which limited him to more of a box safety type who could also function deep in quarters coverage. While Deablo showed on more than one occasion this week that he understands how to leverage his size to his advantage, there were just as many times where more smooth receivers easily beat him with better athleticism and agility.
As a result, Deablo remains an intriguing prospect due to his size and length, but teams will need to have a clear idea of how to use him in order to hide his deficiencies. Whether or not Dallas sees a spot for him is unclear, but his frame definitely puts him in the conversation at this point.

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Good for him and his family.

wow. Great!
Franko
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

wow. Great!
Liberty Christian has some prestigious students. When Sean Peyton was serving his bountygate suspension, he coached at Liberty.
Wichitabear
Franko said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

wow. Great!
Liberty Christian has some prestigious students. When Sean Peyton was serving his bountygate suspension, he coached at Liberty.
I love Sean Peyton. I think Witten will do a super job!
Assassin
BearForce said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/2/1/22259020/seven-cowboys-draft-target-who-flew-under-the-radar-at-the-senior-bowl-charles-snowden-marvin-wilson
Quote:

Divine Deablo, S, Virginia Tech
Speaking of big defensive backs with good ball skills, Divine Deablo has entered the chat. Standing at 6' 3" and 226 pounds with a 79" wingspan, Deablo looks more like a linebacker than a safety. He played all over the field with the Hokies, but showed consistent ball production in three years as a starter that peaked with four interceptions his senior season.
Deablo's biggest knock was a lack of top-end athleticism, which limited him to more of a box safety type who could also function deep in quarters coverage. While Deablo showed on more than one occasion this week that he understands how to leverage his size to his advantage, there were just as many times where more smooth receivers easily beat him with better athleticism and agility.
As a result, Deablo remains an intriguing prospect due to his size and length, but teams will need to have a clear idea of how to use him in order to hide his deficiencies. Whether or not Dallas sees a spot for him is unclear, but his frame definitely puts him in the conversation at this point.

Divine Diablo - watch out for this kid, he's coming at you hell or high water!
Assassin
kinda curious what the auto selection for The Draft Network might do. Not bad...

Assassin
current comp picks:

• 3rd-round pick (CB Byron Jones)
  • 4th-round pick (DE Robert Quinn)
  • 5th-round pick (WR Randall Cobb)
  • 6th-round pick (S Jeff Heath)

• Quinn's contract was right on the 3/4 bubble. With his bonuses, it might end up being our third 3rd
    BearForce
    Assassin said:

current comp picks:

• 3rd-round pick (CB Byron Jones)
  • 4th-round pick (DE Robert Quinn)
  • 5th-round pick (WR Randall Cobb)
  • 6th-round pick (S Jeff Heath)

• Quinn's contract was right on the 3/4 bubble. With his bonuses, it might end up being our third 3rd
    Me likey
    BearForce
    Assassin
    I'd do those two trades in a heartbeat
    Bruin92
    Assassin said:

kinda curious what the auto selection for The Draft Network might do. Not bad...

Not another edge rusher from Michigan. Uggh.
    Assassin
    Bruin92 said:

Assassin said:

Not another edge rusher from Michigan. Uggh.
    Ha!

And Taco about to get an AFC and maybe SB ring... the things you can do on IR...
    Assassin
    Pay Wall stuff:

Dane Bugler:

First round, No. 10 overall: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
    This ended up being the same pick as our previous mock. Other notable players who were still available at this pick: Alabama WR Jaylen Waddle, South Carolina CB Jaycee Horn, Northwestern OT Rashawn Slater, Florida TE Kyle Pitts and North Dakota State QB Trey Lance. The Cowboys need help all over their defense, but especially at cornerback with Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis about to become unrestricted free agents. Dallas was able to get great value at cornerback in last year's draft, selecting Trevon Diggs in the second round. Similar success could potentially be found again this year, but why not take the player many consider to be the top corner in this class?
    Brugler: I think that would be a great pick. I've been a big Caleb Farley fan since the summer. He has been my Cornerback No. 1 since the summer. Even though he hasn't played this year, he has still been the guy. I think he has tremendous upside. You're talking about a player who has the size, has the speed, ball instincts. I think that would be a great pick for the Cowboys at 10.
    I think when you look at the other options that are available, first of all, I don't think they would take Kyle Pitts, but it would be awfully tough to pass on him. He's one of the top five talents in this class, just a true unicorn with how he attacks defenses and with what you can do with him. It would be really tough to pass on him. Rashawn Slater, to me, is the one that it would come down to Farley or Slater if I'm making that pick. I'm a big Slater fan. I think he can really play all five offensive line positions. He can play guard and tackle, and he's been working out at center. There's a lot you could do with a player with that versatility and with that level of talent. He can step in and play guard and then he's your eventual starter at left tackle whenever that day comes. The chance to fix the offensive line with a high-end talent would do wonders for the offense. Me personally, I think that's the direction I would go. But if you're going to go defense, then I think there's no question that Farley would be the right pick there.
    What NFL tight end would you compare Pitts to?
    Brugler: He can be out there on every down, it's just how you use him. I think the blueprint for Kyle Pitts is to watch the Raiders' offense and see how they use Darren Waller. He's that move tight end where you could line him up in-line and he could execute basic blocks, but you want him down the field. You want him stressing the defense. You can line him up in the slot, you can line him up outside. The defense having to account for him, that's part of the appeal with Kyle Pitts and what he can do. Just him being out there and running routes is going to get the defense's attention and that's a win for the offense. I think more so than the other tight ends like George Kittle and Travis Kelce, Darren Waller is really the blueprint.

Second round, No. 42 overall: Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
    Third round, No. 74 overall: Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State

Assassin
    2022 SB Odds

Kansas City Chiefs 5/1

Buffalo Bills 12/1

Green Bay Packers 12/1

Los Angeles Rams 12/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 12/1

San Francisco 49ers 14/1

Baltimore Ravens 20/1

Cleveland Browns 20/1

Miami Dolphins 20/1

Seattle Seahawks 20/1

Dallas Cowboys 22/1

Los Angeles Chargers 22/1

New England Patriots 25/1

New Orleans Saints 25/1

Tennessee Titans 28/1

Arizona Cardinals 33/1

Indianapolis Colts 33/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 33/1

Philadelphia Eagles 40/1

Atlanta Falcons 50/1

Carolina Panthers 50/1

Chicago Bears 50/1

Houston Texans 50/1

Las Vegas Raiders 50/1

Minnesota Vikings 50/1

New York Giants 66/1

Washington Football Team 66/1

Cincinnati Bengals 75/1

Denver Broncos 75/1

Detroit Lions 75/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 75/1

New York Jets 75/1
    Assassin
    Assassin
    Report: Cowboys will franchise tag Dak Prescott if they don't reach new deal
    By Erin Walsh | Last updated 2/7/21

The Dallas Cowboys will not let Dak Prescott hit free agency this offseason, regardless of how contract negotiations go.
    According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys will franchise tag Prescott if no long-term deal is reached before the March 9 deadline to designate players with a one-year tender. Pelissero and Rapoport add that the Cowboys "will make a push" to sign Prescott to a long-term extension, even though the franchise tag is on the table.
    If Prescott signs the one-year tender for the 2021 campaign, he will earn $37.7 million.

The 27-year-old is recovering from surgery to repair the compound fracture and dislocated ankle he suffered during Week 5 against the New York Giants. Prior to suffering the injury, Prescott was 2-3, completing 68% of his passes for 1,856 yards and nine touchdowns against four interceptions. He also had 93 yards and three touchdowns rushing.
    According to Pelissero and Rapoport, the Cowboys have no medical concerns about Prescott's ankle. In January, Rapoport said that Dallas believes the quarterback is "going to come back better than ever."
    Erin Walsh is a Boston sports fan through and through. (Yardbarker)
    TechDawgMc
    Drew Pearson elected to the Hall of Fame -- finally. I think he was caught in the "many people hate the Cowboys" feeling while not having the overwhelming stats that would make you look like an idiot to vote against him (like say Staubach and Dorsett).
    Assassin
    TechDawgMc said:

Drew Pearson elected to the Hall of Fame -- finally. I think he was caught in the "many people hate the Cowboys" feeling while not having the overwhelming stats that would make you look like an idiot to vote against him (like say Staubach and Dorsett).
    He was the last guy of the All 70s team to get in, wasnt he?
    Assassin
    from 247:

"Only two rookie centers played more than 200 offensive snaps this season Lloyd Cushenberry III at 1,076 and Biadasz at 427. Among 37 qualifying centers, Cushenberry's 41.0 PFF grade ranked dead last. It's hard to put a player with that kind of performance on the all-rookie team, which leaves Biadasz as the default selection," said PFF.

"Granted, Biadasz didn't dominate by any means, either. His PFF grade of 53.6 at center this season ranked 33rd among those same 37 qualifying centers, but he did edge out teammate Joe Looney (53.1) on a Dallas offensive line that was interchanging parts all season. The Cowboys will hope some stability brings better results in 2021."
    Wichitabear
    Assassin said:

from 247:

"Only two rookie centers played more than 200 offensive snaps this season Lloyd Cushenberry III at 1,076 and Biadasz at 427. Among 37 qualifying centers, Cushenberry's 41.0 PFF grade ranked dead last. It's hard to put a player with that kind of performance on the all-rookie team, which leaves Biadasz as the default selection," said PFF.

"Granted, Biadasz didn't dominate by any means, either. His PFF grade of 53.6 at center this season ranked 33rd among those same 37 qualifying centers, but he did edge out teammate Joe Looney (53.1) on a Dallas offensive line that was interchanging parts all season. The Cowboys will hope some stability brings better results in 2021."
    Assassin
    The NFL Network reported on Sunday that Prescott had a second surgery on his right ankle in December to strengthen the ankle and do a cleanup on issues from prior injuries. Prescott, who missed the final 11 games last season, is still slated to be back and fully healthy for the 2021 season.

Per the NFL Network, the second surgery improved the stability and integrity of the ankle and should accelerate his overall recovery. He's now walking without issue and doing weight-bearing exercises.
    TechDawgMc
    Assassin said:

TechDawgMc said:

Last of the first team. All of the 2nd team offense was already in. There were a few 2nd team defensive players not in yet.

The one other player I'm surprised isn't already in is L. C. Greenwood.
    Assassin
    TechDawgMc said:

Assassin said:

TechDawgMc said:

Last of the first team. All of the 2nd team offense was already in. There were a few 2nd team defensive players not in yet.

The one other player I'm surprised isn't already in is L. C. Greenwood.
    oooo, he was goooood!
    Assassin
    Three guys playing today that the Cowboys might take a looksee at

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2021/02/05/3-super-bowl-lv-participants-who-could-be-free-agent-targets-for-the-dallas-cowboys/
    BearForce
    If only....
    RD2WINAGNBEAR86
    Drew Pearson finally in the NFL Hall of Fame. My favorite Cowboys #88 of all time. Much moreso than trashheads Michael Irvin and Dez Bryant.
    "Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
    Assassin
    RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Drew Pearson finally in the NFL Hall of Fame. My favorite Cowboys #88 of all time. Much moreso than trashheads Michael Irvin and Dez Bryant.
    I like Drew, cool guy. He would come into the clubs I ran in Dallas back in the day. Always courteous, always great with the fans. Some of the other Cowboys, not so much.
    Assassin
    BearForce
    Assassin said:

He should be and we should draft someone in the 4th or 5th round to team with him to start to transition to running back by committee as an off ramp from Zeke in about two years.
    Assassin
    BearForce said:

Assassin said:

He should be and we should draft someone in the 4th or 5th round to team with him to start to transition to running back by committee as an off ramp from Zeke in about two years.
    Possibly a trade for Zeke to move us around in the draft? Or keep him too
    Assassin
    this is one reason I like this kid:

Assassin
    interesting. will be more interesting to find out how it pans out in 2021

BearForce
    Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Possibly a trade for Zeke to move us around in the draft? Or keep him too
    It would have to be a post Jun 1 trade to work
    https://overthecap.com/player/ezekiel-elliott/4717/ (go to the far right of the table and select trade post June 1.
    First Page Last Page
    Page 540 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.