Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,094,900 Views | 29835 Replies | Last: 59 sec ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

Fish this morning on the radio "a fight at a nightclub".

Guessing was the tip of the iceberg. What is it with Aggies?
Assassin
Cowboys Randy Gregory Working 'To Turn Life Around'
October 24, 2017 10:09 AM By Mike Fisher

FRISCO (105.3 THE FAN) A source close to suspended Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory says he's "successfully working at turning his life around," but that work does not come with any guarantees of an NFL future.

As we've reported at 105.3 The Fan, Gregory currently serving a suspension of at least one year for a series of NFL substance abuse policy violations is eligible to apply for league reinstatement on Nov. 6. I'm told that it's not a guarantee that he will take that action just yet, though a return to football is certainly a goal.

Bigger than football, though is Gregory learning coping skills as a citizen. He's doing that, I'm told, with a non-football job that occupies his time and gives him structure in addition to his workouts.

The NFL is not clear on when Gregory might play again if he's ever reinstated. This postseason is a possibility, though despite his talents Gregory was considered a blue-chip prospect in the 2015 draft but fell to become Dallas' second-round pick due to the drug and behavioral issues it's difficult to envision him becoming an elite pass-rusher after having spent a year away from football.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones addressed the issue Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan's Shan and RJ show.

"I wouldn't get into what we're going to do there and what he's going to do there," Jones said. "But I do know that as we move forward with the league relative to how we handle a situation like Randy Gregory, his opportunity to play will get better and better. He's, I think, the classic case of potentially what we ought to consider when we're looking at some of our substance issues. I'm just going to hold it at that. I don't want to speculate on whether he'll be on the field for us here at that time or not."

Jones is an advocate of NFL reform regarding marijuana use, and while he's right about Gregory serving as a possible "test case," again Randy Gregory's priority right now shouldn't be about being a football player; it should be about being a citizen.

Mike Fisher is an award-winning newspaper journalist, the author of two regional best-selling books (with forwards written by Jerry Jones and Troy Aikman), a popular public speaker and a radio-and-TV personality with 20 years of experience...
Franko
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Not good for a guy on his fifth team in five years. He may not get another shot.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
GoldMind
Do any of y'all live near an autograph shop in Dallas?
Assassin
GoldMind said:

I live in Waco but I'll be in Carrollton Nov 1 and 2 getting dental work done. Not sure any are near Keller Springs and Marsh area.

What are you looking for?
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Not good for a guy on his fifth team in five years. He may not get another shot.
Dumb. Just dumb. He's gonna look back at his chance to make millions and millions of dollars playing a kids game and cry one day
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

I live in Waco but I'll be in Carrollton Nov 1 and 2 getting dental work done. Not sure any are near Keller Springs and Marsh area.

Dak mini helmet
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Dak mini helmet
Where are you located?
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Dak mini helmet
Where are you located?
Houston
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Dak mini helmet
Where are you located?
Houston
Sorry - wrong direction. Guessing you might be able to pick one up online or at a shop in Houston
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Dak mini helmet
Where are you located?
Houston
Sorry - wrong direction. Guessing you might be able to pick one up online or at a shop in Houston
I can look, its mostly Texans stuff obv, but Im always amazed to see so many fans of Americas Team down here.
Assassin
Sean Lee was a full participant in Wednesday's practice after Jason Garrett said the linebacker would be limited with the quadriceps bruise.
Assassin
ESPN "just for fun" at the trade deadline:

Marcell Dareus to the Cowboys for a fifth-round pick

The Bills were active this offseason and have one more move to make, clearing a huge dead cap figure for Dareus in 2018 and creating more cap flexibility. The Cowboys add talent to the interior of the defensive line and give Rod Marinelli a key piece down the stretch.
Assassin
Martavis Bryant said steelers Tomlin told him he won't play Sunday
---
worth a late round conditional 2018 pick?

6'4, 210. 50 receptions in 2015, suspended all last year.

Very low cost - still on rookie contract: 2017: $615,000, 2018: $705,000, 2019: Free Agent
Assassin
ouch...

Gust Avrakotos
Assassin said:

ESPN "just for fun" at the trade deadline:

Marcell Dareus to the Cowboys for a fifth-round pick

The Bills were active this offseason and have one more move to make, clearing a huge dead cap figure for Dareus in 2018 and creating more cap flexibility. The Cowboys add talent to the interior of the defensive line and give Rod Marinelli a key piece down the stretch.
that would be sweet. I wonder what his cap figure would be.
BaylorProud77
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Dak mini helmet
Where are you located?
Houston
I can look, its mostly Texans stuff obv, but Im always amazed to see so many fans of Americas Team down here.
Buy it on line. I'm not surprised.
BearForce
Assassin said:

ouch...

yeah....
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

ouch...

yeah....
who knew?

BearForce knew...
Assassin
Over the past two weeks, the Dallas Cowboys have cut their biggest free-agent pickup on defense, seen a starting defensive tackle added in free agency retire and released a free agent they hoped could be a vital part of the pass-rush rotation. (with an injured FG kicker)

First, cornerback Nolan Carroll, who signed a three-year, $10 million deal in the offseason, was released. Stephen Paea's knee simply gave out, not allowing him to play anymore. On Tuesday, the Cowboys cut defensive end Damontre Mooreto make room for kicker Mike Nugent...

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4763325/cowboys-need-to-find-a-middle-ground-in-free-agency-approach
Assassin
In their last four games, the Cowboys have scored touchdowns on 14 of their last 17 red zone opportunities. Two of the failed chances came late last week in the 40-10 win against the Niners when they chose not to kick a field goal and took over on downs with 2:13 to play.

Prescott has completed 15 of his last 16 throws in the red zone for 89 yards with eight touchdown passes and no interceptions. Those eight touchdown passes have gone to five different players.
Assassin
Assassin said:

In their last four games, the Cowboys have scored touchdowns on 14 of their last 17 red zone opportunities. Two of the failed chances came late last week in the 40-10 win against the Niners when they chose not to kick a field goal and took over on downs with 2:13 to play. (with an injured FG kicker)

Prescott has completed 15 of his last 16 throws in the red zone for 89 yards with eight touchdown passes and no interceptions. Those eight touchdown passes have gone to five different players.
The Cowboys' success inside the opponents' 20 isn't something new for Prescott.

Last season, Prescott completed 29 of 50 red zone passes for 224 yards with 14 touchdown passes and one interception. The Cowboys scored a touchdown on 38 of 57 red zone possessions, the same percentage they are at through six games this season.
Assassin
Tank Lawrence became just the 9th NFL defender in history to get a sack in each of the first 6 games of the season.

Assassin
Cowboys released QB Kellen Moore.

...crickets....
D. C. Bear
Any reports on Rico's condition?
GoldMind
D. C. Bear said:

Did you just drop in to see what condition his condition was in?
Assassin
D. C. Bear said:

I read where he has started practicing with the team a few days ago. He's eligible after Sundays game.

However, Cowboys promoted TE Blake Jarwin from the practice squad earlier today because they didn't want to lose him. He was about to be poached. ESPN's Todd Archer has indicated it was the Eagles.
Assassin
Guessing Dallas wants to see if Jarwin might be able to be an Active Roster guy. Swaim and Hanna each have one catch this year. If Rico is okay and Jarwin pans out, either could be tradebait. 2017 NFL trade deadline is Oct. 31 at 4 p.m. ET
Assassin
While Dallas is getting kinda healthy...

D. C. Bear
Assassin said:

D. C. Bear said:

I read where he has started practicing with the team a few days ago. He's eligible after Sundays game.

However, Cowboys promoted TE Blake Jarwin from the practice squad earlier today because they didn't want to lose him. He was about to be poached. ESPN's Todd Archer has indicated it was the Eagles.
Thanks for the update.
Assassin
Wonder if the Bills might eat part of Dareus massive contract ($16 mil per over next three years) if we take himm off their hands
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Wonder if the Bills might eat part of Dareus massive contract ($16 mil per over next three years) if we take himm off their hands

Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Good question. When the guy is playing, he is one of the top DTs out there. On the other hand, he has had had a massive suspension and all sorts of morality issues.
Assassin
Cowboys added defensive tackle Maliek Collins to the injury report on Thursday. The second-year lineman was limited with a foot injury, although he practiced in full on Wednesday. Collins started off hot this season, registering 2.5 sacks in the first three games of the year. But he has yet to record a sack in the last three weeks, and now ranks fourth on the defense. Still, he's been a viable part of a defense that got five sacks last week in San Francisco and Collins ranks third on the team and first among defensive tackles in quarterback pressures with eight.
Assassin
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 853

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.