Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,094,565 Views | 29793 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by DFW Bill
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trumpetbear said:

Our power has been intermittent. Currently off but we're bundled up. Water is still running fine. We've run out of dry firewood so have resorted to my box of lumber scraps
I have friends whose power has been out for awhile. Stay safe trumpetbear!
Assassin
no power loss but I am getting cabin fever along with passing a kidney stone...

YIKES!
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

YIKES!
ouch.
trumpetbear
Assassin said:

YIKES!

Oof, sorry buddy. Never had one of those but I am having a gout flare up which is terrible any time but especially now. Ugh. Bout ready to just cut the toe off.
BearForce
trumpetbear said:

Assassin said:

YIKES!

Oof, sorry buddy. Never had one of those but I am having a gout flare up which is terrible any time but especially now. Ugh. Bout ready to just cut the toe off.

Oh man, sorry to hear that...I have those too and they suck bad.
BearForce
Assassin said:

YIKES!

Wow, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Wichitabear
I almost wish I hadn't asked. Lolololololol not really guys!
Assassin
trumpetbear said:

Assassin said:

YIKES!

dad had gout. He was miserable! More miserable than he normally was!
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

Assassin said:

YIKES!

dad had gout. He was miserable! More miserable than he normally was!
Assassin
The Carolina Panthers have released two-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Kawann Short. Short, the Panthers' best defensive player, has played in a combined five games over the past two seasons, as his 2019 and 2020 campaigns were cut short by season-ending shoulder surgeries.

He was heading into the final year of a five-year, $80 million contract he signed in 2017 after having 24.5 sacks during a three-year span. He has since had only three sacks, all in 2018, when he started 14 games.
---------
wouldya?
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

The Carolina Panthers have released two-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Kawann Short. Short, the Panthers' best defensive player, has played in a combined five games over the past two seasons, as his 2019 and 2020 campaigns were cut short by season-ending shoulder surgeries.

He was heading into the final year of a five-year, $80 million contract he signed in 2017 after having 24.5 sacks during a three-year span. He has since had only three sacks, all in 2018, when he started 14 games.
---------
wouldya?
no
Assassin
PFF prediction for NFLs #1 FA; Cowboys sign Prescott for four years, $158 million ($39.5M APY): $115M total guaranteed, $75 million fully guaranteed at signing.
BearForce
Assassin said:

PFF prediction for NFLs #1 FA; Cowboys sign Prescott for four years, $158 million ($39.5M APY): $115M total guaranteed, $75 million fully guaranteed at signing.
Related to that...if the floor is $180M then that is a good sign that the ceiling is going to be at least in the mid $190Ms

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Related to that...if the floor is $180M then that is a good sign that the ceiling is going to be at least in the mid $190Ms

What would the full cap have been without Covid?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

What would the full cap have been without Covid?

Not sure but it seems Wentz will hurts no more

The Carson Wentz era in Philadelphia has finally come to an end, as the Eagles have traded the 28-year-old quarterback to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter
Assassin
BearForce said:

The Carson Wentz era in Philadelphia has finally come to an end, as the Eagles have traded the 28-year-old quarterback to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter
Who pays his billion bucks a year contract?
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

The Eagles will take a $33.8 million dead cap hit -- the largest dead-cap hit that any team ever has taken for a player -- while the Colts will assume the balance of Wentz's $128 million extension, including the $10 million guaranteed roster bonus due on March 19.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

The Eagles will take a $33.8 million dead cap hit -- the largest dead-cap hit that any team ever has taken for a player -- while the Colts will assume the balance of Wentz's $128 million extension, including the $10 million guaranteed roster bonus due on March 19.
LOL and they are in horrible cap shape.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

gonna be an interesting 2021
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

gonna be an interesting 2021
This really hurts Philly
Assassin
Great news for Wentz to get out of the city of Brotherly Lo.... whatever.
Assassin
Six Year Deal possible for Dak?
BearForce
Assassin said:

If you remember, I suggested they do a five-year contract last year with a 5th year void option for both parties. I am not sure why this would not work for both parties.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

If you remember, I suggested they do a five-year contract last year with a 5th year void option for both parties. I am not sure why this would not work for both parties.
They offered him the moon, not sure why he hasnt signed
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

They offered him the moon, not sure why he hasnt signed
It isn't the money per se but the years even though the Cowboys didn't start this off very well at the beginning with deals that were below Goff and Wentz. He wanted a 4 year deal which would have lined him up with Wentz and Goff's contracts but the Cowboys wanted 5 years because it helps them spread the cap impact. That is why I thought making the 5th year voidable might be a compromise.
Wichitabear
Dak should sign. I'm discouraged with him. Or has he signed!
Wichitabear
Wichitabear said:

He's being ridiculous.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

He's being ridiculous.
Greedy Dak!
Assassin
BearForce said:

This time, the $198.2 million cap teams used all of last year currently projects to be around $181 million for 2021.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

He's being ridiculous.
Would you accept being paid less than market value? I know I wouldn't unless I was given other considerations to make up for it. Especially when you have seen your employer pay top dollar for your colleagues (Zeke, J Smith, DLaw, etc.). Why is it that you should be the one to accept less than market value?
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

He's being ridiculous.
Would you accept being paid less than market value? I know I wouldn't unless I was given other considerations to make up for it. Especially when you have seen your employer pay top dollar for your colleagues (Zeke, J Smith, DLaw, etc.). Why is it that you should be the one to accept less than market value?

I always have! Lolol
BearForce
LOL
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

He's being ridiculous.

I always have! Lolol
me too. NFLPA is one of the rare places where you can force you way to be paid vaaaaasst sums of money, soooo much more than you are worth.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

He's being ridiculous.

I always have! Lolol
Then you are selling yourself short...you should never do that.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

He's being ridiculous.

I always have! Lolol
me too. NFLPA is one of the rare places where you can force you way to be paid vaaaaasst sums of money, soooo much more than you are worth.
Seems like a self-esteem issue
First Page Last Page
Page 542 of 852

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.