Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,111,544 Views | 30120 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Happy Halloween
BearForce
Aldon gonna get paid

Assassin
BearForce said:

Aldon gonna get paid

Better than expected return on investment. Possibly the best bang for the buck on the team
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
. Sunday night, DiNucci is expected to be the starting quarterback for the Cowboys as they try to save a season that appears to be lost.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

. Sunday night, DiNucci is expected to be the starting quarterback for the Cowboys as they try to save a season that appears to be lost.
well like BearForce said, he can hand off. I hope he has a great game
Assassin
his teammates:

Michael Gallup: "He's been slinging that thing. He's been slinging that thing. He's been good. He comes up after every period that we got and he's like, 'My job is actually pretty easy, I've just got to get you three (Gallup, Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb) the ball and let y'all go to work. It's not that hard.' So it's been good. He's got a little speed up under that ball. It gets up on you quick. It's just something you got to get used to."

Amari Cooper: "He looked good. If I had to describe it in one word, he looked comfortable. Ben, he has some velocity behind it. I'm not sure that he throws harder than (Dalton). I just think he might intentionally throw harder, if that makes sense."

Dalton Schultz: "I think I saw a couple interviews this week, people are saying he's got a little zip on that ball. Dude, that's accurate. He literally flings that thing. We've been watching his scout team the last few weeks and he's done a really good job. A lot of young quarterbacks kind of come in and have that deer-in-the-headlights look. Ben doesn't really have that. I'm looking forward to him stepping in the huddle and seeing what he can do."

Jaylon Smith: "Slinger. Full of confidence. And that's what I love. You see a fire in his eyes. So I'm just looking forward to going back to back with my brother. We're going to make it happen."

Ezekiel Elliott: "Ben's been nothing but a pro. I think what Ben brings to the table is a young guy with a lot of arm talent. And then what else he can is people don't realize is he can run a little bit. So he'll be able to get outside the pocket and make some plays. He had a great day (Wednesday)."
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

well like BearForce said, he can hand off. I hope he has a great game

To be fair he threw a pretty ball to Cooper last game and has mobility similar to Dak.
Assassin
diNucci already had McCarthy as a coach... just a different one. Mike McCarthys brother back in grammer school in Pittsburgh
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

his teammates:

Michael Gallup: "He's been slinging that thing. He's been slinging that thing. He's been good. He comes up after every period that we got and he's like, 'My job is actually pretty easy, I've just got to get you three (Gallup, Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb) the ball and let y'all go to work. It's not that hard.' So it's been good. He's got a little speed up under that ball. It gets up on you quick. It's just something you got to get used to."

Amari Cooper: "He looked good. If I had to describe it in one word, he looked comfortable. Ben, he has some velocity behind it. I'm not sure that he throws harder than (Dalton). I just think he might intentionally throw harder, if that makes sense."

Dalton Schultz: "I think I saw a couple interviews this week, people are saying he's got a little zip on that ball. Dude, that's accurate. He literally flings that thing. We've been watching his scout team the last few weeks and he's done a really good job. A lot of young quarterbacks kind of come in and have that deer-in-the-headlights look. Ben doesn't really have that. I'm looking forward to him stepping in the huddle and seeing what he can do."

Jaylon Smith: "Slinger. Full of confidence. And that's what I love. You see a fire in his eyes. So I'm just looking forward to going back to back with my brother. We're going to make it happen."

Ezekiel Elliott: "Ben's been nothing but a pro. I think what Ben brings to the table is a young guy with a lot of arm talent. And then what else he can is people don't realize is he can run a little bit. So he'll be able to get outside the pocket and make some plays. He had a great day (Wednesday)."
I like hearing this. Hope
Assassin
could you imagine if diNucci was a diamond in the rough? Our next Dak
Assassin
Garrett Gilbert, who joined the team two weeks ago, will be DiNucci's backup.

Linebacker Sean Lee will make his season debut after being activated to the 53-man roster off injured reserve. He had pelvis surgery at the start of the season and has practiced the past two weeks, but his role is unknown behind Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch.

Center Joe Looney (knee) was also activated from injured reserve after missing the past three games. He started the first four games, but the Cowboys are expected to continue with rookie Tyler Biadasz at center, with Looney serving as a backup to all three interior spots.

Cornerback Saivion Smith was called up from the practice squad after the Cowboys decided not to activate cornerback Chidobe Awuzie, who has not played since Week 2 against the Atlanta Falcons because of a hamstring strain.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't that blow our minds!
BearForce
Assassin said:

I think he might be more Romo than Dak from a physical traits standpoint...either way that wouldn't suck.
Assassin
The Cowboys also are in the process of reportedly trading for nose tackle Eli Ankou, giving the Houston Texans a seventh-round pick in return. Ankou, who is 6-foot-3 and 325 pounds, was undrafted in 2017. In the previous three seasons, he totaled 1.5 sacks, two tackles for loss and 26 tackles in 20 games with the Jaguars and Browns.
Assassin
The Texans have traded defensive tackle Eli Ankou to the Cowboys, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. The deal will be finalized on Monday, pending the results of Ankou's COVID-19 test. In exchange, the Texans will receive a seventh-round pick.

Ankou will help Dallas fill the gap following the release of defensive tackle Dontari Poe. This marks the 26-year-old's third stop of the season he started out with the Colts before being claimed by the Texans earlier this month. He did not suit up for Houston this season, but he does have 20 career appearances to his credit with the Colts, Browns, and Jaguars.

Ankou, a former undrafted free agent out of UCLA, will be watching from a distance as the Cowboys face the Eagles on Sunday night. Instead, he'll have his first chance to debut the following week against the Steelers. The Cowboys still have time for additional moves before the Tuesday deadline, but they're not expected to make a huge splash.
Assassin
Greg Hardy about to fight on UFC fight night. I think its on ESPN +
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I think he might be more Romo than Dak from a physical traits standpoint...either way that wouldn't suck.
Lets see what he does behind that patchwork OL
Assassin
Assassin said:

Hardy wins again. Dude has no air left any time he fights. Always sounds like me after running a couple of 40s.

Hit the 6'7 Maurice Green with left jab that knocked him to the ground. Goes to 7-2
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Hardy wins again. Dude has no air left any time he fights. Always sounds like me after running a couple of 40s.

Hit the 6'7 Maurice Green with left jab that knocked him to the ground. Goes to 7-2
Thats wonderful. Lolol. I hate fighting.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

always enjoyed sports where it was just me vs one other person. Didnt always win but that is the ultimate competition. One on one
BearForce
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

always enjoyed sports where it was just me vs one other person. Didnt always win but that is the ultimate competition. One on one

Im glad MMA is a good outlet for you. I just cant get into it myself as I have always been a pure boxing guy and I can't watch these guys today. They pale in comparison to the guys in the 70s, 80s, and 90s that I grew up watching. Hagler, Herns, Lennard, Homes, Holyfield, Tyson, Roy Jones, Duran, etc.
Assassin
[url=https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/10/seahawks-others-inquire-about-aldon-smith][/url]Seahawks, Others Inquire About Aldon Smith
October 31st, 2020 at 2:20pm CST by Sam Robinson

The Seahawks made a deal to acquire Carlos Dunlap and will almost certainly have him in uniform in Week 9. However, the pass rush-deficient team looked into another edge defender recently. Aldon Smith came up in a Seahawks-Cowboys conversation, with Mike Garafolo of NFL.com noting Seattle and other teams checked in on the re-emerging edge rusher's availability (video link).

The Cowboys' decisions to trade Everson Griffen and cut Dontari Poe and Daryl Worley surely prompted teams to reach out to see if Dallas would be willing to part with its offseason find.

However, the Cowboys are not interested in dealing Smith, Garafolo adds. The Cowboys signed the former All-Pro this offseason, doing so despite Smith being out of football for nearly five years. Smith has been one of the few bright spots on Dallas' embattled defense, registering a team-high four sacks. Griffen was the only other Cowboy with more than two this season.

Dallas signed Smith to a one-year deal worth $2MM, beating out Denver in the process. Another $2MM is available to Smith through sack incentives. The four sacks are the most the frequently suspended talent has registered in a season since 2013. With the Cowboys not interested in trading Smith, it stands to reason they will explore an extension with the oft-suspended defender.

Although the Seahawks rank slightly ahead of the Cowboys in defensive DVOA (27th to 30th), they have surrendered the most yards by any team through seven games in NFL history. Seattle's nine sacks rank 27th as well.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Im glad MMA is a good outlet for you. I just cant get into it myself as I have always been a pure boxing guy and I can't watch these guys today. They pale in comparison to the guys in the 70s, 80s, and 90s that I grew up watching. Hagler, Herns, Lennard, Homes, Holyfield, Tyson, Roy Jones, Duran, etc.
I was a huge boxing guy back until MMA came around. Finding Brazilian Juijitsui and realizing that I was really good at it was a huge deal for me. In boxing, I was limited as I had no left. Great right everything but the left was a no-go. Same issues I found in Tae Kwon Do and Shotokan and Kenpo. Any kind of standup. BJJ was perfect.

BTW - did you read teh Burton Gilliam interview I did? He is the all time Golden Gloves wins leader. 201 wins out of 216 fights
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I was a huge boxing guy back until MMA came around. Finding Brazilian Juijitsui and realizing that I was really good at it was a huge deal for me. In boxing, I was limited as I had no left. Great right everything but the left was a no-go. Same issues I found in Tae Kwon Do and Shotokan and Kenpo. Any kind of standup. BJJ was perfect.

BTW - did you read teh Burton Gilliam interview I did? He is the all time Golden Gloves wins leader. 201 wins out of 216 fights

No, haven't seen it.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

No, haven't seen it.
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

No, haven't seen it.

I will send you a link once the new site is up. Doing it over tonight and tomorrow
Assassin
It's rare to hear a member of the front office speak in absolutes, so it was noteworthy that Stephen Jones did so on Friday.

The Cowboys' chief operating officer was asked during his weekly interview on 105.3 FM The Fan about the idea that the Cowboys could consider trading Michael Gallup before Tuesday's NFL trade deadline. Jones was emphatic with his answer.

"No. Michael is on our team, see him having a bright future here in Dallas," he said. "No interest in trading Michael."

Given his obvious talent and his affordable rookie contract, Gallup has been at the center of a lot of trade speculation this season. After Jones' comments Friday, it feels safe to say the speculation can stop.
BearForce
Given Cincinnati (told you Assassin they are better than their record) and Minnesota won today, if we lose tonight we will have the 5th pick in the draft, of course pending other results that could make us go up higher.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Given Cincinnati (told you Assassin they are better than their record) and Minnesota won today, if we lose tonight we will have the 5th pick in the draft, of course pending other results that could make us go up higher.
I can't believe the Vikings beat Green Bay today! So hard to yell for us to lose but it would benefit us. What am I talking about. I won't have to yell against us. They are going to lose lolo
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

I can't believe the Vikings beat Green Bay today! So hard to yell for us to lose but it would benefit us. What am I talking about. I won't have to yell against us. They are going to lose lolo
Assassin
Cowboys rookie QB Ben DiNucci taking warmup throws in drizzly weather at Lincoln Financial Field. Rain is expected to slow by kickoff, but wind could be an issue. Forecast to blow around 15 mph with up to 30 mph gusts during game.

Remember DiNucci grew up in Pittsburgh, went to UPitt prior to James Madison. This kid knows how to work in weather
Assassin
Dallas Goedert, out since Week 4, to return against Cowboys
BearForce
Assassin said:

Cowboys rookie QB Ben DiNucci taking warmup throws in drizzly weather at Lincoln Financial Field. Rain is expected to slow by kickoff, but wind could be an issue. Forecast to blow around 15 mph with up to 30 mph gusts during game.

Remember DiNucci grew up in Pittsburgh, went to UPitt prior to James Madison. This kid knows how to work in weather

Yep...excited to see what he can do
Assassin
Ben DiNucci of the Cowboys will become the first seventh-round draft pick to make his NFL starting debut in his rookie season in 15 years. The last? Ryan Fitzpatrick with the St. Louis Rams in 2005.
Assassin
Carson Wentz is tied for the NFL lead with 10 interceptions. The Cowboys defense hasn't intercepted a pass since Week 1. Opposing teams have thrown 195 passes since Dallas' last interception.
First Page Last Page
Page 491 of 861

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.