Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,106,893 Views | 30118 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Miami and Tennessee swap 7th round picks for 2020 1st round pick Isaiah Wilson. Goodness did Tennessee want to get rid of him...wow
holy crap!

sounds like a locker room pack of measles
Tennessee was good with getting the bread...didn't even need the ham to make this sandwich work.
Assassin
One league source on the Dak Prescott deal: "You know what this is? This is Jerry Jones tipping off the extraordinary TV deal that is coming."
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
the deal includes a no trade and no tag clause
Assassin
BearForce
Assassin said:

Nice profile there...now the Jones boys need to shop for some defense.
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
Highest signing bonuses in NFL history: Dak Prescott - $66 million Russell Wilson - $65 million Aaron Rodgers - $57.5 million Matthew Stafford - $50 million Matt Ryan - $46.5 million Joe Flacco - $40 million Aaron Donald - $40 million
Assassin
The Athletic Mock - Bruce Feldman

10. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

Dallas also needs help in the secondary and might not re-sign Jourdan Lewis and Chidobe Awuzie, a pair of former high picks. Physically, Surtain would be an upgrade from both. His dad was a terrific NFL defensive back, and Surtain, the SEC's Defensive Player of the Year, has been well-coached and played a lot of meaningful football. There is a little debate among coaches we spoke to about whether he would be better at safety than corner in the NFL, as there is some concern about some stiffness.

The Coaching Intel

"I liked him more than (South Carolina CB Jaycee) Horn. With that size and length and his skill set, you can do whatever you want with him. He's gonna be tough in off or press man. He always kept it tight. Outstanding player."

"I think he's a really good player, but I think he's more of a safety. He is long and physical, but he doesn't get in and out of his breaks as you'd want. He can put his hands on people in college. He doesn't get challenged very much."

"He's smart, savvy, and he's long. But they can hide the corners a little in that (Nick) Saban defense. We thought there were some holes in his techniques. When he played man-to-man, he gets exposed some."
Assassin
Assassin said:

This would blow me away if Fields AND Jones went before Zach Wilson.

However if any of those drop to 10, we would have some major tradebait

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-mock-draft-qb-justin-fields-lands-with-the-jets-at-no-2-falcons-select-florida-te-kyle-pitts-at-no-4
to show you how torn folks are on Mac Jones, Feldman of the Athletic has him going 28 to NO:

28. New Orleans Saints: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

Jones might be gone before Sean Payton gets his shot to grab his QB of the future, but my guess is the Bama star will still be available. Jones threw for 4,500 yards in 2020 and had a 41-to-4 TD-to-INT margin. He had a 20-to-0 margin in the red zone last year. He operated at an extremely high level and showed a lot of resolve and confidence in sticking around at Bama behind Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa and with five-star freshman Bryce Young coming in. Coaches love him. After watching him perform at a consistently high level, we wouldn't bet against him having a good NFL career.
BearForce
Assassin said:

The Athletic Mock - Bruce Feldman

10. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

Dallas also needs help in the secondary and might not re-sign Jourdan Lewis and Chidobe Awuzie, a pair of former high picks. Physically, Surtain would be an upgrade from both. His dad was a terrific NFL defensive back, and Surtain, the SEC's Defensive Player of the Year, has been well-coached and played a lot of meaningful football. There is a little debate among coaches we spoke to about whether he would be better at safety than corner in the NFL, as there is some concern about some stiffness.

The Coaching Intel

"I liked him more than (South Carolina CB Jaycee) Horn. With that size and length and his skill set, you can do whatever you want with him. He's gonna be tough in off or press man. He always kept it tight. Outstanding player."

"I think he's a really good player, but I think he's more of a safety. He is long and physical, but he doesn't get in and out of his breaks as you'd want. He can put his hands on people in college. He doesn't get challenged very much."

"He's smart, savvy, and he's long. But they can hide the corners a little in that (Nick) Saban defense. We thought there were some holes in his techniques. When he played man-to-man, he gets exposed some."
Interesting thought about him at safety. I will tell you he is CB3 for me behind Farley and Horn because I don't think he is as athletic as the other two but he is probably a more polished player.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

This would blow me away if Fields AND Jones went before Zach Wilson.

However if any of those drop to 10, we would have some major tradebait

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-mock-draft-qb-justin-fields-lands-with-the-jets-at-no-2-falcons-select-florida-te-kyle-pitts-at-no-4
to show you how torn folks are on Mac Jones, Feldman of the Athletic has him going 28 to NO:

28. New Orleans Saints: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

Jones might be gone before Sean Payton gets his shot to grab his QB of the future, but my guess is the Bama star will still be available. Jones threw for 4,500 yards in 2020 and had a 41-to-4 TD-to-INT margin. He had a 20-to-0 margin in the red zone last year. He operated at an extremely high level and showed a lot of resolve and confidence in sticking around at Bama behind Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa and with five-star freshman Bryce Young coming in. Coaches love him. After watching him perform at a consistently high level, we wouldn't bet against him having a good NFL career.
Yep, and that would be a great place for him. I do think that Rhule does like him from the Senior Bowl but I can't see him taking Jones at #8. I could more see a trade down happening depending on how the QB board looks like and assuming they have not traded for Deshawn Watson somehow.
GoldMind
Why don't we have our own network?
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
D - who stays and who goes... kinda hard to argue with these, although at $3 mil, would like to keep Lewis

Xavier Woods
Prediction: Stays. Signs a three-year, $19.5 million deal ($6.5 M annually)

Jourdan Lewis
Prediction: Signs elsewhere, one-year, $3.0 million deal.

Chidobe Awuzie
Prediction: Signs elsewhere; three-year, $27 million ($9 M annually)

Aldon Smith
Prediction: Signs elsewhere, two years, $14 million ($7 M annually)

Tyrone Crawford
Prediction: Retires.

Antwaun Woods
Prediction: Stays; signs a one-year, $2.1 right of first refusal tender.

Joe Thomas
Prediction: Stays; signs a one-year, $1.5 million deal.

Sean Lee

Justin March
Prediction: Signs elsewhere; one-year, $990,000 deal, but released during final roster cuts.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/3/7/22317098/cowboys-defensive-free-agents-2021-who-stays-and-who-goes
BearForce
Assassin said:

D - who stays and who goes... kinda hard to argue with these, although at $3 mil, would like to keep Lewis

Xavier Woods
Prediction: Stays. Signs a three-year, $19.5 million deal ($6.5 M annually)

Jourdan Lewis
Prediction: Signs elsewhere, one-year, $3.0 million deal.

Chidobe Awuzie
Prediction: Signs elsewhere; three-year, $27 million ($9 M annually)

Aldon Smith
Prediction: Signs elsewhere, two years, $14 million ($7 M annually)

Tyrone Crawford

Antwaun Woods
Prediction: Stays; signs a one-year, $2.1 right of first refusal tender.

Joe Thomas
Prediction: Stays; signs a one-year, $1.5 million deal.

Sean Lee

Justin March
Prediction: Signs elsewhere; one-year, $990,000 deal, but released during final roster cuts.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/3/7/22317098/cowboys-defensive-free-agents-2021-who-stays-and-who-goes
I can't buy Woods staying as I have to think we are going to upgrade at his position.
BearForce
I would love to liberate Tomlinson from the Giants

Assassin
BearForce said:

I would love to liberate Tomlinson from the Giants
ccording to Spotrac, they are projecting that the 27-year-old Tomlinson lands a four-year deal with an average annual value of $11.4 millionalthough the cap hit in 2021 would be much lower.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/dalvin-tomlinson-21796/market-value/
BearForce
The Athletic is reporting that this year's cap is going to be $182.5M
Assassin
BearForce said:

The Athletic is reporting that this year's cap is going to be $182.5M
that would put us at with about $21.5 available cap space going forward. I think you have to try to sign X and maybe Jordan Lewis and Joe Thomas, so half of it is gone right there
Assassin
I didnt even think about Brockers. Wonder what the Rams want for him?

https://insidethestar.com/3-defensive-tackles-dallas-cowboys-should-consider-trading-for/
BearForce
BearForce
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Great news!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Great news!
Even better is the fact they would not have done this if those guys weren't healthy so that really helps with the OL.
BearForce
Theft!

Assassin
  • For his part, Prescott said that when he first put a star on his helmet, he believed he would never wear another jersey. He claims he maintained that confidence throughout the last two years. "There was never a doubt in my mind that I would be a Cowboy for life," Prescott said.

• The Prescott deal will take up the single most significant portion of the team's salary cap, but Jerry Jones assured reporters that the defense would be addressed in free agency. "There's [pie] left," Jones said, referring to the remaining salary cap that the team can use in the offseason.

Assassin
3 potential D FAs
Assassin
Will the injury change his (Dak'd) playing style?

Prescott suffered the injury on a 9-yard run as he was fighting for extra yards while being tackled by Giants defensive back Logan Ryan. Don't expect the Cowboys quarterback to completely stop running the ball, but he noted Wednesday that he has to be smarter in those situations, something coaches have expressed to him throughout his career.

"Back in the day as a young bull, I guess it was very hard to understand," he said. "Now, I mean on a play like that, first down, you're going down. You're sliding. But to say that the game's on the line, it's a first down or it's the red zone and I'm going there, that's who I am. I don't know if I can ever tone that down, and if I do then y'all are changing who I am. But there are certain plays, there are certain times that I'll be a much smarter player and decide when to not use my physicality during the run, just taking care of myself. The best ability is durability, and I have to be there for my team."
Assassin
The Cowboys released veteran fullback Jamize Olawale on Wednesday and signed defensive lineman Ron'Dell Carter, who they signed as an undrafted rookie free agent last year.

Jerry Jones declined to say if Smith and Collins will be 100 percent for OTAs and minicamp, but he said, "the expectation is for them to be there in training camp."

Collins missed the entire 2020 season because of a hip injury. Smith missed 14 games because of neck issues. Both players ended had surgery. The Cowboys would not have restructured their contracts if they had serious concerns about their availability for the upcoming season.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Dallas now has 10 picks in this year's draft. The four compensatory picks are No. 99 overall (third round), No. 138 (fourth round), No. 178 (fifth round) and No. 226 (sixth round).
Assassin
Jones said the Cowboys are going back to California for training camp this year. The team held camp at The Star last year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only is the weather far more preferable in southern California that time of year, but working in Oxnard, Calif., also provides the Cowboys with two grass fields. They only have one grass field at The Star. McCarthy prefers to have his teams work on the grass because it reduces the chances of injury.
Assassin
Assassin
DALLAS COWBOYS
[url=https://dknation.go.metabet.io/bet/nfl_winner/13315/draftkings_nj][/url]To win Super Bowl+2800
[url=https://dknation.go.metabet.io/bet/nfl_winner_nfc/13315/draftkings_nj][/url]To win NFC+1300
[url=https://dknation.go.metabet.io/bet/nfl_winner_nfc_east/13315/draftkings_nj][/url]To win NFC East+100
Assassin
btb:

PFF, they project Kneau Neal to earn a two-year deal averaging $5M per season. Considering that his best days were spent operating within the defensive scheme that Dan Quinn used with the Atlanta Falcons and is bringing back to the Dallas Cowboys, it stands to reason that a roll of the dice here is worth legitimate consideration.
First Page Last Page
Page 547 of 861

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.