Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,114,113 Views | 30121 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Assassin
Franko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

Franko said:

I have a feeling that the Cowboys are going to wait to see what happens with Derwin James, then other dominoes will fall. If James drops far enough, they will trade up for him. If he goes early, they make the trade for Earl Thomas.
I dont think they will make that move. They'll wait until next year so they dont have to give up a pick. Several 3rd to 5th round type Ss in this draft.

These are some 3-5th round guys:

Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest
DeShon Elliott, S, Texas
Jordan Whitehead, S, Pittsburgh
Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
Kyzir White, S, West Virginia

Later rounds - 5-7ish

Siran Neal, S, Jacksonville State
Marcus Allen, S, Penn State
Natrell Jamerson, S, Wisconsin
Damon Webb, S, Ohio State
Van Smith, S, Clemson

I would typically agree if Thomas was 26 years old. But to get Thomas, they are going to have to give him a 4 year deal whether that is this year or next. I would rather give a 4 year deal to a 28 year old Thomas than a 29 year old Thomas. Assuming his level of play slips by age 31-32, signing him this year gets one extra year in his prime. I think that a year of all-pro caliber play is worth more than a mid-second unproven player.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Franko
If we came away with Vea and Earl Thomas with picks 1 and 2, I would be ecstatic. That would be two immediate impact players. I would be thrilled if James or Fitzpatrick fall to 19. I will be disappointed if we take a WR because I don't view any of them as immediate impact players. I will be semi disappointed if we take Vander Esch just because I don't know if he is Urlacher or Bobby Carpenter. I'd be fine with Harold Landry, Davenport or Da'ron Payne. Believe it or not, I would not be mad if McGlinchey slipped to 19. We could move Collins back to guard and solidify the RT spot. But I'd rather do defense with the first pick.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
Franko said:

I would typically agree if Thomas was 26 years old. But to get Thomas, they are going to have to give him a 4 year deal whether that is this year or next. I would rather give a 4 year deal to a 28 year old Thomas than a 29 year old Thomas. Assuming his level of play slips by age 31-32, signing him this year gets one extra year in his prime. I think that a year of all-pro caliber play is worth more than a mid-second unproven player.
105.3 is hearing that the hangup on any trade is the money he wants. No way we are gonna pay what Seattle was paying. We're too tight against the cap and we still have pay our draft picks and extend Zach.

If money is his big deal, he won't be a Cowboy.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Franko said:

If we came away with Vea and Earl Thomas with picks 1 and 2, I would be ecstatic. That would be two immediate impact players. I would be thrilled if James or Fitzpatrick fall to 19. I will be disappointed if we take a WR because I don't view any of them as immediate impact players. I will be semi disappointed if we take Vander Esch just because I don't know if he is Urlacher or Bobby Carpenter. I'd be fine with Harold Landry, Davenport or Da'ron Payne. Believe it or not, I would not be mad if McGlinchey slipped to 19. We could move Collins back to guard and solidify the RT spot. But I'd rather do defense with the first pick.
after the top OGs, there's a Grand Canyon before the next level. If they want an potential starting OG, probably need to get it in 1or 2
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Franko said:

105.3 is hearing that the hangup on any trade is the money he wants. No way we are gonna pay what Seattle was paying. We're too tight against the cap and we still have pay our draft picks and extend Zach.

Depends on how big the hangup is. If its the difference between $7milli and $6.85, gtfo.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
If we got Vea in 1 and Kirk the Ag WR in 2 and TE Mark Andrews in 3, I would be pretty stoked. Grab a S in 4 and a developmental OG/OT later with a bunch of LBs.
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

That's probably right. He's an all-pro caliber player in his prime. So he probably wants $10 million+. But it's a gamble for him to ruin a trade because he wants that kind of money. I think it will be difficult for him to get $10 million per year after next year as a 29 year old. I'd go 4 for $32 million. The first two years' salary would be offset by the money we saved cutting Dez ($8.5 million) and Romo's dead money dropping off the books after this year ($8.9 million).
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Assassin
Mom just called. Said I have to go cut her hedges.

No matter how old you get, some things never change...
BearForce
Assassin said:

If we got Vea in 1 and Kirk the Ag WR in 2 and TE Mark Andrews in 3, I would be pretty stoked. Grab a S in 4 and a developmental OG/OT later with a bunch of LBs.

You know I love Andrews but I rather Vea, a OG say like a Billy Price, and then go WR or S in round 3.
Assassin
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports trade talks between the Cowboys and Seahawks for Earl Thomas "centered around" the No. 50 overall pick.
Graziano's reporting suggests the Seahawks are happy with the compensation, but Dallas will not pull the trigger unless they know they can sign Thomas to an extension. Considering Thomas told Jason Garrett to "come get me" after a game in December, it seems like he is amenable to a long-term deal with Dallas. It would not be surprising to see the All-Pro safety moved during the draft.
Related: Cowboys

Source: ESPN
Apr 26 - 12:44 PM
GoldMind
Assassin said:

I cut my name in the front yard grass once. Got grounded.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

I cut my name in the front yard grass once. Got grounded.
Assassin
This would really surprise me. They need a qb bad. Brady hasnt committed to play THIS season much less next

Quote:

.The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports the Patriots have been "all over" Arkansas G/C Frank Ragnow.

The Patriots have a bigger need at tackle than on the interior, but perhaps they believe Ragnow would be too good to pass up at No. 23. Ragnow seems all but certain to hear his name called on Thursday evening.

Assassin
If Lamar Jackson slips...

Quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Saints "have made plenty of calls about making a big leap up from pick No. 27."
Presumably, New Orleans would only make the move if a quarterback they covet falls. They were linked heavily to Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield early in the process, but he may end up being the No. 1 overall pick and looks certain to come off the board in the top-ten. UCLA's Josh Rosen could end up slipping, however, and would be a good fit in New Orleans. 39-year-old Drew Brees is under contract through 2019.
Related: Saints

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

To move up to 19 (875) NO would have to give up 27 (680) + their 3rd, 91st pick - (136), 4th 127 pick (45) and 6th - 189 (15)
Assassin
Really, really digging Vea as my pick. Having a 340, agile, quick footed guy that can collapse a pocket... I could care less if he gets the sacks as long as he plugs the middle, allows LBs and DEs to make the plays.

The Eagle DL is what won them the Super Bowl. We need out Fletcher Cox. Obviously different players but they could have the same impact.

An immovable fireplug at the 1 tech. Take up two OL. Let the other guys fly
Franko
Assassin said:

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports trade talks between the Cowboys and Seahawks for Earl Thomas "centered around" the No. 50 overall pick.
Graziano's reporting suggests the Seahawks are happy with the compensation, but Dallas will not pull the trigger unless they know they can sign Thomas to an extension. Considering Thomas told Jason Garrett to "come get me" after a game in December, it seems like he is amenable to a long-term deal with Dallas. It would not be surprising to see the All-Pro safety moved during the draft.

I just get the feeling this is going to happen. Way to much smoke for there not to be a fire. And with the draft in Jerry's house, he has to make a splash, right? He can't force himself to just sit and pick where they are or do the boring trade down. Moving up is too costly. A splash trade makes all the sense in the world.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Franko
Assassin said:

Really, really digging Vea as my pick. Having a 340, agile, quick footed guy that can collapse a pocket... I could care less if he gets the sacks as long as he plugs the middle, allows LBs and DEs to make the plays.

The Eagle DL is what won them the Super Bowl. We need out Fletcher Cox. Obviously different players but they could have the same impact.

He covered kicks at Washington. Let that sink in. A DL covering kicks. Me wanty Vea.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

I just get the feeling this is going to happen. Way to much smoke for there not to be a fire. And with the draft in Jerry's house, he has to make a splash, right? He can't force himself to just sit and pick where they are or do the boring trade down. Moving up is too costly. A splash trade makes all the sense in the world.
Fisher is saying that the Cowboys have not been talking to Earls camp. Graziano implies a deal is in the works. One is right. One is wrong...
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

He covered kicks at Washington. Let that sink in. A DL covering kicks. Me wanty Vea.
I hadnt heard that! DAMN!

How about let him take a kickoff return... could you imagine a 340lb RB coming at you?
Assassin
Apparently Vea is a huge fan of Rod Marenelli. SportsDay had a giddy video after Vea met with him.

Vea registered 99 tackles (15 for loss), 9.5 sacks five pass deflections and three forced fumbles in three years with the Huskies. In 2017 alone he recorded 43 tackles (5.5 for loss), 3.5 sacks and four pass deflections
Assassin
He showed a "rare combination of athleticism and power at his size," draft expert Dane Brugler said in his argument for why Vea's worth the Cowboys trading up.

"He has the unique ability to anchor/split double teams on one play," Brugler said, "and chase ballcarriers to the sideline on the next."
Assassin
Assassin
Final Mock Draft Time?

This is the easiest one to use. Mine is coming

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/live/index.php
BearForce
Assassin said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

Fisher is saying that the Cowboys have not been talking to Earls camp. Graziano implies a deal is in the works. One is right. One is wrong...

I trust Fish
Franko
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

I trust Fish
He has very good inside sources, but this is one of those times when they all lie. And I would find it very surprising that they are working on a deal with Seattle without knowing whether they can even sign the player. Now it's possible that both could be right. Seattle might have already told Dallas what Thomas' contract demand is, and Dallas has already decided it will pay that.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Assassin
Assassin said:

Final Mock Draft Time?

This is the easiest one to use. Mine is coming

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/live/index.php
As many mocks as I ran, the Redskins always took Vea at 13. No getting around it.

I think I could live with this draft.

My Final;

19: R1P19
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

50: R2P18
TE HAYDEN HURST
SOUTH CAROLINA

81: R3P17
WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON

116: R4P16
DL TRENTON THOMPSON
GEORGIA

137: R4P37
LB DORIAN O'DANIEL
CLEMSON

171: R5P34
S QUIN BLANDING
UVA

192: R6P18
RB ITO SMITH
SOUTHERN MISS

193: R6P19
DL POONA FORD
TEXAS

208: R6P34
EDGE MARCELL FRAZIER
MISSOURI

236: R7P18
OT DESMOND HARRISON
WEST GEORGIA
Assassin
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I trust Fish
He has very good inside sources, but this is one of those times when they all lie. And I would find it very surprising that they are working on a deal with Seattle without knowing whether they can even sign the player. Now it's possible that both could be right. Seattle might have already told Dallas what Thomas' contract demand is, and Dallas has already decided it will pay that.
OverTheCap ran the numbers... According to OverTheCap's Jason Fitzgerald, Thomas is worth well over $13 million per year on a new extension.

Not a chance in hell I pay him that.
BearForce
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

50: R2P18
S RONNIE HARRISON
ALABAMA

81: R3P17
WR MICHAEL GALLUP
COLORADO STATE

116: R4P16
OT DESMOND HARRISON
WEST GEORGIA

137: R4P37
DL TRENTON THOMPSON
GEORGIA

171: R5P34
WR ALLEN LAZARD
IOWA STATE

192: R6P18
LB CHRISTIAN SAM
ARIZONA STATE

193: R6P19
EDGE MARCELL FRAZIER
MISSOURI

208: R6P34
FB DIMITRI FLOWERS
OKLAHOMA

236: R7P18
QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS
Assassin
OverTheCap crunching the bucks;

Least spent on offensive line in 2018

1. Patriots- $15.6M
2. Bills- $19.6M
3. Dolphins- $20.7M
4. Ravens- $20.9M
5. Colts- $21.5M
6. Bengals- $24M

Most spent on offensive line

1. Raiders- $47.2M
2. Eagles- $41.8M
3. Browns- $40.7M
4. Cowboys- $37.3M
5. Saints- $36.5M
6. Packers- $36.3M

Least spent on edge rushers

1. Rams- $3.8M
2. Jets- $4.7M
3. Steelers- $7.1M
4. Patriots- $8M
5 Falcons- $9.6M
6. Raiders- $9.6M

Most spent on edge rushers

1. Dolphins- $38.7M
2. Cowboys- $32.4M
3. Bucs- $31.6M
4. Packers- $27.3M
5. Broncos- $26.9M
6. Giants- $24.5M

Least spent on cornerbacks

1. Cowboys- $2.5M
2. Chiefs- $4.4M
3. Dolphins- $4.8M
4. Eagles- $5.2M
5. Colts- $5.8M
6. Seahawks- $6.8M

Most spent on cornerbacks

1. Jets- $28.5M
2. Texans- $29.3M
3. Bears- $28.2M
4. Jaguars- $27.7M
5. Falcons= $27M
6. Titans- $25.7M

Least invested in offense (no QBs)

1. Ravens- $42M
2. Seahawks- $50M
3. Cardinals- $50.2M
4. Dolphins- $51.8M
5. Vikings- $52M
6. Bills- $52.6M

Most invested in offense (not including QBs)

1. Raiders- $85.3M
2. Steelers- $82.6M
3. Bears- $79.1M
4. Packers- $79.1M
5. Browns- $78.6M
6. Bucs- $77.7M

Least invested in defense

1. Colts- $43.6M
2. Falcons- $54.5M
3. Raiders- $56.1M
4. Cardinals- $59.8M
5. Cowboys- $60.1M
6. 49ers- $60.4M

Teams with most invested in defense in 2018

1. Jaguars= $120,3M
2. Eagles- $99.1M
3. Vikings- $93.1M
4. Titans- $90.8M
5. Bucs- $87.8M
6. Panthers- $86M
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

I hadnt heard that! DAMN!

How about let him take a kickoff return... could you imagine a 340lb RB coming at you?
Simply amazing.

2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I trust Fish
OverTheCap ran the numbers... According to OverTheCap's Jason Fitzgerald, Thomas is worth well over $13 million per year on a new extension.

Me neither. But I don't think anyone is paying him that.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Assassin
BearForce said:

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

sure does look like things are leaning that way. He's a BIG LB.
Assassin
Two days before last year's draft, Tony Pauline of Draftanalyst.com reported that the Falconswere looking to jump the Cowboys for a pass rusher. Two days later, the Falcons did indeed jump the Cowboys, trading up from #31 to #26, two spots ahead of the Cowboys at #28, and selected Takkarist McKinley.

Two days away from the draft once again, and we have yet another report from Pauline, who reports the Cowboys are targeting three specific players with their 19th overall pick.
Quote:

Sources tell me the order of the three players the Dallas Cowboys are targeting with the 19th pick is Vita Vea, Leighton Vander Esch and D.J. Moore. A report from Rotoworld yesterday stated that the Cowboys organization compared Vander Esch to Brian Urlacher.
The Urlacher/Vander Esch comparison was first reported by Jane Slater of NFL Network on Good Morning Football, when she said the Cowboys consider Vander Esch "Brian Urlacher 2.0".
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Me neither. But I don't think anyone is paying him that.
Jerry can argue with him that being a Cowboy will give him advertising ops that he could only dream about with Seattle, thus letting him take less
Assassin
Franko said:

Simply amazing.

15 looked up, said - 'uh-uh, not a chance' and let him slide right on by
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 861

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.