Football
Sponsored by

Portal QBs

33,429 Views | 332 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by deemus
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RightRevBear said:

We got one. Welcome to Baylor Nation Sawyer Robertson.

Hallelujah
Bear8084
GrizBear
RightRevBear said:

BOOM!
Daveisabovereproach
ImwithBU
RightRevBear said:

Now lets hope it's a real competition for the starting job
boognish_bear
Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

Robertson is QB of the future, but I'd take this dude as well
PartyBear
Washington QB Sam Huard entered the portal today.
FLBear5630
ImwithBU said:

RightRevBear said:

Now lets hope it's a real competition for the starting job

Don't see why he would come if it wasn't. I would think you wouldn't transfer to sit.
tallman1
Knowing Aranda, it will be a fair competition. I can't see any reason to think or say otherwise.
blackie
tallman1 said:

Knowing Aranda, it will be a fair competition. I can't see any reason to think or say otherwise.
The reason is for some here that Aranda and the rest of the staff are too dumb....they don't match the football intelligence level of this board. Have had too many strawmen comments or gaslighting to take a swipe at the staff. Too many "I hope they know what they are doing" digs in past threads. They are building quite an array of transfers for next season. They know what they are doing. Just because it doesn't match the knee-jerk impatience of posters is not proof that they do not.
FLBear5630
blackie said:

tallman1 said:

The reason is for some here that Aranda and the rest of the staff are too dumb....they don't match the football intelligence level of this board. Have had too many strawmen comments or gaslighting to take a swipe at the staff. Too many "I hope they know what they are doing" digs in past threads. They are building quite an array of transfers for next season. They know what they are doing. Just because it doesn't match the knee-jerk impatience of posters is not proof that they do not.

People on here are fans. I hope the professionals getting paid aren't doing what this Board or the Pay Board says! Same as people coming to public meetings telling engineers what to do to the road system, they have no idea what they are talking about. Or using internet and going to doctor.

People on here know nothing but their opinions and observations, which is why I find it so humorous when they get upset, call people stupid or act like they "really" know. Unless you are in the room, you don't know and if you are in the room and post it, your career will be very short. Enjoy, say what is on your mind and watch the games. This is suppsed to be fun, if not what's the point?
BearlyBeloved
blackie said:

tallman1 said:

As my father used to say:

"If you're so smart, why ain't you rich?"
canoso
RightRevBear said:

Yes sir!!
tallman1
All signs point to Gebbia coming as well. I've seen another prediction as well as this one. https://247sports.com/college/baylor/Player/Tristan-Gebbia-77589/
Daveisabovereproach
tallman1 said:

All signs point to Gebbia coming as well. I've seen another prediction as well as this one. https://247sports.com/college/baylor/Player/Tristan-Gebbia-77589/

Wow. He would be a great addition to add some depth at the very least for a year
GoodOleBaylorLine
Interesting. He may exactly what we need in a pure backup role
boykin_spaniel
In regards to Gebbia(and some other transfers) how does he still have eligibility? Looks like he was a freshman at Nebraska in 2017 before transferring to Oregon State.

Just waiting for the first guy to have played college ball across a decade
Daveisabovereproach
boykin_spaniel said:

In regards to Gebbia(and some other transfers) how does he still have eligibility? Looks like he was a freshman at Nebraska in 2017 before transferring to Oregon State.

Just waiting for the first guy to have played college ball across a decade

Covid year and medical red shirt
boognish_bear
DancinBear09
boognish_bear said:

Oh man…this should be an interesting story. It's going to be interesting to see people welch on the NIL stuff after the kid signs his LOI. Don't feel sorry for a lot of these kids because the boosters have gotten burned with kids taking their money and transfering after a year. Just another case in how ****ed up this whole NIL thing will continue to become.
Daveisabovereproach
DancinBear09 said:

boognish_bear said:

Oh man…this should be an interesting story. It's going to be interesting to see people welch on the NIL stuff after the kid signs his LOI. Don't feel sorry for a lot of these kids because they took money and transfer after a year. Just another case in how ****ed up this whole NIL thing will continue to become.

I wonder if we will ever see contracts tied to these deals ie you gotta stay for at least 2 years and I'll give you the money after that
boognish_bear
No Quarterback said:

DancinBear09 said:

boognish_bear said:

Oh man…this should be an interesting story. It's going to be interesting to see people welch on the NIL stuff after the kid signs his LOI. Don't feel sorry for a lot of these kids because they took money and transfer after a year. Just another case in how ****ed up this whole NIL thing will continue to become.

I wonder if we will ever see contracts tied to these deals ie you gotta stay for at least 2 years and I'll give you the money after that

I have wondered that also...like did Quinn ewers still get his $1.2 million at Ohio State?
Cove Dawg
Cove Dawg said:

Another quality transfer QB off the board. Pretty obvious that the staff does not see this as a position of need at this point. I now anticipate Shapen and a couple of low impact lowly recruited walk-on type shoe fillers to be on the roster going into next season. I hope they know what they're doing.
Happy to admit that I was mistaken!
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
ImwithBU
boognish_bear said:

Who isn't linked to TCU
boognish_bear
ImwithBU said:

boognish_bear said:

Who isn't linked to TCU

Sawyer Robertson
Married A Horn
boognish_bear said:

ImwithBU said:

boognish_bear said:

Who isn't linked to TCU

Sawyer Robertson

Lol - awesome reply!
ImwithBU
boognish_bear said:

ImwithBU said:

boognish_bear said:

Who isn't linked to TCU

Sawyer Robertson

Lol. Actually he was but glad we got him
blackie
If TCU gets all these QBs, they are going to have to be asked to sign a bunch of second transfer waivers after next season. There isn't room enough for all of them. (Of course, perhaps there is if the TCU defense is allowed to go after them in practice as they do the opposing QBs in game situations. -) I guess Dykes is telling them all they will be starters.
DancinBear09
ImwithBU said:

boognish_bear said:

Who isn't linked to TCU

I can see this kid ending up at Florida. Their Top QB signee wants out of his LOI and I think this kid is about money and playing time. The first thing on his Instagram page is a link to his "agent" for NIL opportunities. Florida checks both boxes on money and playing time.
boognish_bear
Not sure if this tweet is significant. He grew up in Denton, so I guess this means he's going to play for the Mean Green. Kidding.

PartyBear
DancinBear09 said:

ImwithBU said:

boognish_bear said:

Who isn't linked to TCU

I can see this kid ending up at Florida. Their Top QB signee wants out of his LOI and I think this kid is about money and playing time. The first thing on his Instagram page is a link to his "agent" for NIL opportunities. Florida checks both boxes on money and playing time.

What do you mean? You aren't talking about the kid who's dad played for Baylor are you?
Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

Not sure if this tweet is significant. He grew up in Denton, so I guess this means he's going to play for the Mean Green. Kidding.

I don't see Bowman as a big upgrade over Sanders. On paper, really not a good situation up there in Stillwater

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.