Football
Sponsored by

* * Old Baylor Football or Football Related Photos

29,016 Views | 355 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?

My memory cells are gone. Who are they? Cotton Bowl 1981
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
HarryMehre
Assassin said:

This one came off an Arkansas page, not sure of date. Looks like large trees behind this so I would guess Little Rock or Fayetteville. Haven't been to either though.
Little Rock.
Russell Gym
Assassin said:

My memory cells are gone. Who are they? Cotton Bowl 1981

Jay Jeffrey, left, and Neal Jeffrey

Note: Baylor wore green jerseys at the 1981 Cotton Bowl. This photo is from the 1980 conference season.
Assassin

Red Raider schedule but some cool Dirk West cartoons
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin

Do I need to say anything?
Space Cutter
Space Cutter
Assassin

Need I say more?
Assassin
Assassin

Baylor vs UT, 1967, courtesy EBay
Assassin

Pennant from the 1957 Sugar Bowl, where Baylor beat Tennessee. Courtesy Kip Cole
Johnny Bear
MrGolfguy said:

Assassin said:

Anyone identify this guy? Any uniform history folk identify the era?
Roger Goree; only year white helmets used was 1969?

White helmets were used all 3 seasons of the Bill Beall era (1969-1971). That is Roger Goree from I'm pretty sure the 1971 game at Austin against UT because he has a white jersey on and we definitely played UT in Austin that season. I was there - freshman year at BU - we lost 24-0. Goree played varsity football for BU from 1970-1972 (in the days before freshmen were eligible for varsity) so that eliminates the possibility that it was the 1969 game which was also at UT.

Another bit of trivia about the helmets worn when Beall was winning 3 games in 3 seasons is that it was the first time the "hooked BU" logo was ever used which has remained our logo to this day. It's about the only lasting positive thing that came from his time as HC.
Assassin
Johnny Bear said:

MrGolfguy said:

Assassin said:

Anyone identify this guy? Any uniform history folk identify the era?
Roger Goree; only year white helmets used was 1969?

White helmets were used all 3 seasons of the Bill Beall era (1969-1971). That is Roger Goree from I'm pretty sure the 1971 game at Austin against UT because he has a white jersey on and we definitely played UT in Austin that season. I was there - freshman year at BU - we lost 24-0. Goree played varsity football for BU from 1970-1972 (in the days before freshmen were eligible for varsity) so that eliminates the possibility that it was the 1969 game which was also at UT.

Another bit of trivia about the helmets worn when Beall was winning 3 games in 3 seasons is that it was the first time the "hooked BU" logo was ever used which has remained our logo to this day. It's about the only lasting positive thing that came from his time as HC.

I was in HS during those years and an avid Bear fan.... YIKES!
Assassin

Yep, I remember too...
Assassin

1966 9-24 football program Baylor Bears v Colorado Buffaloes
Assassin

1922 Carroll Field, courtesy Etsy
Assassin
Assassin

Del Shofner trading care. Courtesy ETSY
Assassin
Assassin said:

Some Bear art off the internet
Assassin

the most accurate logo in history...
Waco1947
Waco1947
Assassin

1935 Baylor v SMU
Assassin

YIKES!! I think there was something wrong with his puddin!
Assassin

Grant riding high!
Assassin

1956 Sugar Bowl vs Tennessee. No names on the labels
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

I think #12 is QB Bobby Jones..not sure on the others..
Assassin

Big Shawn!
Assassin

Richfield's Bubba Hicks
GoodOleBaylorLine
Assassin said:

1966 9-24 football program Baylor Bears v Colorado Buffaloes

This looks like Alabama v Marshall
Johnny Bear
Assassin said:

Grant riding high!

That is the cover of a special Texas Football edition that came out in the Spring of 1975 commemorating the 1974 "Miracle on the Brazos" season. As a Student Foundation member in the last semester of my senior year, I recall helping sell copies of it during the '75 Spring game and meeting Dave Campbell.

Man I feel old!!
Stranger
Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

I think #12 is QB Bobby Jones..not sure on the others..
was 82 Delbert Shofner?
I'm a Bearbacker
Assassin
Assassin

Del Shofner
Assassin

Not sure of year but Teaff looks a little older
Assassin

Not football, but what the heck. Richardson HS and Baylor U's own Jeff Dunham

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.