Football
Sponsored by

Spavital

24,626 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by boognish_bear
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fre3dombear said:

Smashmouth said:

I was afraid we might hire the Iowa OC.

Would he a step up for us
He would be a small step up from a corpse.

Our offense was bad this season. It was miles better than Iowa's, which tells you just how good their defense was. They won 10 games averaging less than 19 points and 250 yards per game.
Fre3dombear
bear2be2 said:

Fre3dombear said:

Smashmouth said:

I was afraid we might hire the Iowa OC.

Would he a step up for us
He would be a small step up from a corpse.

Our offense was bad this season. It was miles better than Iowa's, which tells you just how good their defense was. They won 10 games averaging less than 19 points and 250 yards per game.

Well, their division too is basically sec east level
boykin_spaniel
It's worse much worse. Tennessee, Missouri, and Kentucky would all win the Big 10 west.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Echos of offenses of Baylor's Christmas past...

boognish_bear
boognish_bear

Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

So basically, he was looking for an offense that literally every coach that has ever coached football is looking for.
Golden Helmet
It's unparalleled for sure.

Dave Roberts like unparalleled.
boognish_bear
Aranda will no longer appreciate your questions....

BBWCBear
It's all blah, blah, blah at this point. You couldn't really expect anything else. Will wait until Utah game to take notice; anything before are scrimmages with HS or G5 level.
Golden Helmet
Mack

"Dave you come across like a goofy stoner…knock it off"
boognish_bear
JP1037
Fre3dombear said:

Married A Horn said:

Art_E_Guinn said:

Reverend said:

Nobody thinks he's coming back. You need to move on from thinking you have to make smart ass comments about it.
There are 10+ "Bring Back Briles" threads this season alone.

I'm forever famous!

What's funny is disdain for Briles is like people that "hate" trump. They have no idea why or the reason is something totally irrational like "the scandal". They're now largely broke (6-7, 3-9, Mulkey gone, empty stands, no tickets sold, no donations etc) and can hardly afford to Live but dammit they hate that Trump!

Completely agree. Why I call it BDS. Briles Derrangement Syndrome.

It's unhinged and illogical. Some of it are guys who just regurgitate ESPN. Some are BOR spin men or women.

I can see not liking that the guy didn't lock down problems faster and with more vigor but the unhinged hatred is BDS.
Married A Horn
boognish_bear said:

He reads our forums!
JTM
I noticed that too
boognish_bear
broncko
boognish_bear said:

Good. When you appreciate absolutely everything, it starts to feel like you don't appreciate anything.
ImABearToo
The new and improved CDA. Reshaped for our listening pleasure.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Daveisabovereproach
Married A Horn said:

boognish_bear said:

He reads our forums!

Mack has people on staff that read these forums. Some of them even post on here. You can probably figure out who they are.
boognish_bear
No Quarterback said:

Married A Horn said:

boognish_bear said:

He reads our forums!

Mack has people on staff that read these forums. Some of them even post on here. You can probably figure out who they are.

How do you know this?
Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

No Quarterback said:

Married A Horn said:

boognish_bear said:

He reads our forums!

How do you know this?

Mack said in an interview several weeks ago that he had staff members come and tell him something that was being talked about on sicem365. I think it was a complaint about the tailgate guys or something to that effect.
boognish_bear
No Quarterback said:

boognish_bear said:

No Quarterback said:

Married A Horn said:

boognish_bear said:

He reads our forums!

How do you know this?

Mack said in an interview several weeks ago that he had staff members come and tell him something that was being talked about on sicem365. I think it was a complaint about the tailgate guys or something to that effect.

Interesting.

Did he say he has staff posting in here?
Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

No Quarterback said:

boognish_bear said:

No Quarterback said:

Married A Horn said:

boognish_bear said:

He reads our forums!

How do you know this?

Interesting.

Did he say he has staff posting in here?

That part is admittedly my own speculation; it's not like those folks would admit it if you asked them. it is the only way I can make sense of some of the rationalizations that have been going on in the defense of Mack and to a lesser extent Aranda over the course of the last three months or so, usually from the same folks
jikespingleton
Bearfan21 said:

Personnel. What weapons do you have at a school like Texas State? Plus, he was the head coach at Texas State and not directly coaching the offense. Just like CDA has been at Baylor up until this point. His offenses have been quite efficient as an OC
What weapons does any sun belt team have?

If we compare Tex St to other sun belt teams, Spavital saw nice improvement on offense from year 1 to 2. Then in years 3 and 4 they slid back to the bottom of the Sun Belt.

He was directly coaching the offense each year and he was the OC his last year.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Married A Horn said:

boognish_bear said:

He reads our forums!

Of course he reads our forums, or Mack does. How do you think they figured out that the only likely way for BU to succeed is to change to spread uptempo, and to leverage TX hs coaches.

Seriously,I believe that they got it from us. Our program leadership is so bad that they have to come to the free board to get non "yes man" advice.
Got Mulk?
I am going to go against the flow and say I for one am optimistic about our new OC and his offense and this coming season. Sic em Bears.
boognish_bear
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Got Mulk? said:

I am going to go against the flow and say I for one am optimistic about our new OC and his offense and this coming season. Sic em Bears.

I don't think you're going against the flow exactly. I get the feel that most are optimistic about Spav but less so about the program at large under CDA. My hope is that Spav proves himself by being very good, and eventually takes over as headcoach. Way too soon, but hopefully he's the guy that changes this team's downward direction.
Daveisabovereproach
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

Got Mulk? said:

I don't think you're going against the flow exactly. I get the feel that most are optimistic about Spav but less so about the program at large under CDA. My hope is that Spav proves himself by being very good, and eventually takes over as headcoach. Way too soon, but hopefully he's the guy that changes this team's downward direction.

Even if he's able to come in and drastically turn the offense around, it doesn't mean I want him to be head coach. I really hope that's not Mack's plan
jbgrubbs
Art_E_Guinn said:

Also, Bloesch played for Briles (and Aranda) while at Houston. Good chance he comes with. Great O-line coach.

Daveisabovereproach
I believe Bloesch was just named offensive coordinator at Cal. Would he really give up an OC job (one that was paying like 900K a year or thereabouts) to come be offensive line coach at Baylor?
boognish_bear
Daveisabovereproach
Been a while since I watched Davis Webb, but I feel like Sawyer Robertson is a decent comp. Webb put up some big stats at Cal from what I remember
oldbear69
Should fit in …. 13 wins in 4 years ,,,

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.