Football
Sponsored by

Urban Meyer knowingly employed a serial woman beater and lied about it

22,442 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cowboycwr
ZatchZell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
baylor1999
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788947-report-urban-meyer-knew-of-abuse-allegations-against-ohio-state-coach-in-2015

some more
SigTauBear
ESPN must be outraged...no, they're not....go figure. Oh well, at least we can count on Brenda Tracy to step up...oh, the check cleared, never mind.
Surf Oso
move along-- nothing to see here. Ohio St = big boy.
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
ZatchZell
SigTauBear said:

ESPN must be outraged...no, they're not....go figure. Oh well, at least we can count on Brenda Tracy to step up...oh, the check cleared, never mind.

It's a pretty crazy world we live in, full of virtue signaling hypocrites.
LavacaBear
The microscope can be a nasty thing once you're under it.
REX
Sigh
howhardcanitbe
Obvi most important question remains: What did Art Briles know about this and when?
CizzLark
If Urban survives this, it's more evidence that our BoR and school leadership is made up of idiots.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
This is the number one trending story on twitter....and suddenly Herby can't be found for a comment. He said nothing about it last week and has made no comments today. Shocker.

BylrFan
Doc Holliday
CizzLark said:

If Urban survives this, it's more evidence that our BoR and school leadership is made up of idiots.
Disagree.

It would be more evidence that they're completely unhinged morons.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
BylrFan
At least their bor won't cry out to god.
boognish_bear
If OSU cuts bait....and CMR has a good season...does he become a top target for OSU. He's got B1G cred and has experience coming in the wake of controversy.
boognish_bear
SigTauBear said:

Nothing on OTL or ESPN twitter feeds
boognish_bear
If anyone wants to lay down some money...

REX
ESPN is on Urban.
Hey X did he not schedule like they wanted him to?
xiledinok
REX said:

ESPN is on Urban.
Hey X did he not schedule like they wanted him to?
They'll back off Rex.
He used to work for ESPN. Did you miss that in your study on why ESPN treats folks differently?
DieUniversitaet
It will all blow over without anyone from OSU crying out to God, leaking damaging info to hostile press, or hiring G.F. Bunting to assassinate the character of a former coach.
Derp
It is comical to watch ESPN's reaction to all of this.

While I didn't expect anything different, the fact they have talked more about Tristan Thompson sucker punching Draymond Green today than they have about a potential domestic abuse case at one of the most high profile programs in college football is wild.

People are saying Urban very well could lose his job, yet ESPN would prefer to spend air time having Tom Rinaldi tell you a story about a 14 year old Muay Thai phenom from Bangkok with one eye. Look! squirrel!

PartyBear
I said on the other thread and I'll say it on this one as well. Contrary to the prevailing view that big state schools are not held to the same standards as smaller private schools, Ohio State will have to make a move because they are a big state school and actually have to hold themselves up to a higher standard because of that. I would not be shocked if the Regents at Ohio State have to make a move at this point. Again as a state school they have a BOR that really does have accountability for their actions. If I'm not mistaken, the HC has lied about the extent of his knowledge of his assistant coaches problems with women or his wife. Now there is documentation proving he has lied. That is the revelation that has come out today that has stirred this up. This is a problem if he has lied to the AD and administration.
xiledinok
DieUniversitaet said:

It will all blow over without anyone from OSU crying out to God, leaking damaging info to hostile press, or hiring G.F. Bunting to assassinate the character of a former coach.
You cannot piss the public off and cause them to want a piece of your tail. These networks and websites cover these stories because people click on them and desire more and more.
For example, one network built one show's entire programming base off of one story and ran it over and over again. Why? There were getting good ratings. Good old American common sense why they would cover it over and over again. It was crying out, "In God We Trust" as the money rolled into the network. True story.

These things go both ways. How you treat them before your problem is probably how they are going to treat you when you blow your pecker off.
boognish_bear
PartyBear said:

I said on the other thread and I'll say it on this one as well. Contrary to the prevailing view that big state schools are not held to the same standards as smaller private schools, Ohio State will have to make a move because they are a big state school and actually have to hold themselves up to a higher standard because of that. I would not be shocked if the Regents at Ohio State have to make a move at this point. Again as a state school they have a BOR that really does have accountability for their actions. If I'm not mistaken, the HC has lied about the extent of his knowledge of his assistant coaches problems with women or his wife. Now there is documentation proving he has lied. That is the revelation that has come out today that has stirred this up. This is a problem if he has lied to the AD and administration.

It's hard to say. Look at what has happened under Dantonio's watch at MSU. There are some very legitimate stories of him knowingly bringing in HS kid that had a sexual assault issue in HS...and then the kid raped someone at MSU. ESPN made a run at him and Izzo on the heels of Nassar....but the interim Prez Engler came out and told ESPN to go to hell. ESPN backed off and Dantonio is safe.

Jimbo left a trail of sexual assaults and possible cover ups at FSU and aggy got nothing but praise for picking him up.

The difference here might be the victim is publicly and loudly speaking out and has pictures of her abuse. Maybe that makes this "more real" for the masses and harder for OSU to sanitize and gloss over.

Surf Oso
PartyBear said:

Urban Meyer has that school making more money than just about anywhere else in a football crazy state where EVERYONE loves him. He gets double secret probation and one more chance.
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
PartyBear
You have a point. As to Jimbo's issues. I would say the issue has become alot more salient over the past couple of years since Jimbo's issues came up. That said MSU does defy that explanation. I guess I view Ohio State as being more like Michigan, Texas or Cal. I could be wrong but their Regents cant afford to ignore this. And really the key distinction here that arose today is about the cover up. Urban Meyer was fine on all of this. Sometimes you hire bad apples and dont know it etc. He was fine until the evidence if not proof came out today that he knew of this since 2015 and lied about his knowledge of this. I'm guessing he also lied to the Ohio State administration.. This is the problem that I think gets his contract terminated.
Doc Holliday
https://www.lids.com/ohio-state-buckeyes-nike-ncaa-mens-urban-meyer-knows-t-shirt/20530795
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
syme
Agree with party bear. Meyer's got no out here unless he wants to throw his wife under the bus. He gone.
REX
Urban might end up with the same "burnout " that he had in Florida
boognish_bear
Loaded4Bear
boognish_bear said:

If OSU cuts bait....and CMR has a good season...does he become a top target for OSU. He's got B1G cred and has experience coming in the wake of controversy.
LOLOLOLOL!!!! The chances of that are about as good as Thee getting a sexchange.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
boognish_bear
Loaded4Bear said:

boognish_bear said:

LOLOLOLOL!!!! The chances of that are about as good as Thee getting a sexchange.

If CMR was in the running for the Colts coming off a 1-11 season it's very reasonable he could be in OSU's sights if he was a good season this year.

Thee could never pull off the sex change with the thickest neck ever to come through Waco.
Loaded4Bear
boognish_bear said:

Loaded4Bear said:

boognish_bear said:

If CMR was in the running for the Colts coming off a 1-11 season it's very reasonable he could be in OSU's sights if he was a good season this year.

Thee could never pull off the sex change with the thickest neck ever to come through Waco.
Maybe if Coach Rhule gets the job he can run off all of "bad dudes" at Ohio State recruited by Meyer. Would be entertaining to watch Ohio State Fans "trust the process."

Yeah, Thee would be one homely chick.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
PartyBear
I believe Rhule will campaign hard for the job if there is an opening to be filled after the season whether the opening occurs now or after the season. If Ohio State makes a move now and intends to fill the position before the season however, I do not believe Rhule will pull a Chad Morriss and hence will not even inquire about the position.
Nick Nolte

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.