Football
Sponsored by

Bowl game projected for Baylor

37,705 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by REX
ColomboLQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Timbear said:

So far, Rhule has not beaten any team with a winning record. What makes some
posters believe we would beat Houston then in a bowl game?
Delusion.
TexasScientist
ColomboLQ said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Checking a multitude of sites that make weekly bowl game projections reveals that only one currently has us in the mix. But it doesn't give me a good feeling because it inspires too many punchlines:

Sports Illustrated:
http://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/10/08/bowl-projections-matchups-predictions-playoff-rankings

Cheez-It Bowl, Phoenix (9 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

SBNation has Baylor vs. Houston in the Armed Forces Bowl
Please dear God let this happen. We can stop hearing from all the Briles boot lickers like Rex and the rest of the like minded stooges when Baylor beats them by 3 TDs.
Is this a joke? This would be a HORRIBLE matchup for Baylor. We can't stop giving up big plays to teams that never get big plays and now you want to play a team that goes and gets big plays often and think Baylor is going to win by 3 TDs? Seriously, what drug(s) are you on right now?
Baylor getting two more wins is a HUGE obstacle, given the remaining teams to play and our coaching staff, and 6/6 doesn't necessarily get them in bowl.
BUbearinARK
Timbear said:

IKR?! Teams never improve or gel in the course of a season.
boognish_bear
Timbear said:

I don't think at this point, any BU fan should look down their nose at ANY bowl invitation.

After UCF I'll never do that again...no matter how good we might be in the future
Gunny Hartman
ColomboLQ said:

Timbear said:

Delusion.

Football knowledge. You should get you some.
xiledinok
TexasScientist said:

ColomboLQ said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Checking a multitude of sites that make weekly bowl game projections reveals that only one currently has us in the mix. But it doesn't give me a good feeling because it inspires too many punchlines:

Sports Illustrated:
http://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/10/08/bowl-projections-matchups-predictions-playoff-rankings

Cheez-It Bowl, Phoenix (9 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

SBNation has Baylor vs. Houston in the Armed Forces Bowl
Please dear God let this happen. We can stop hearing from all the Briles boot lickers like Rex and the rest of the like minded stooges when Baylor beats them by 3 TDs.
Is this a joke? This would be a HORRIBLE matchup for Baylor. We can't stop giving up big plays to teams that never get big plays and now you want to play a team that goes and gets big plays often and think Baylor is going to win by 3 TDs? Seriously, what drug(s) are you on right now?
Baylor getting two more wins is a HUGE obstacle, given the remaining teams to play and our coaching staff, and 6/6 doesn't necessarily get them in bowl.
6-6 from a Power 5 doesn't get to a bowl game? You a mid major fan? It doesn't work that way with the CFP or NCAA football.
Stefano DiMera
Yes..6-6 will definitely get them in a bowl..every year theres 5-7 records in bowls cause not enough qualify.

And there's also the teams that are bowl eligible but cant go brcause of low graduation rates.
ColomboLQ
Gunny Hartman said:

ColomboLQ said:

Timbear said:

Delusion.

Reality. You should find some.
REX
Gunny Hartman said:

ColomboLQ said:

Timbear said:

Delusion.

Your killing me smalls!!!
Gunny Hartman
ColomboLQ said:

Gunny Hartman said:

ColomboLQ said:

Timbear said:

Delusion.

I exposed you as a football know-nothing in a thread on here just in the past few weeks. You sure you want to embarrass yourself again? You might want to sit out this one.
LTbear
How does every single thread turn into girly internet slap fights?
ColomboLQ
Gunny Hartman said:

ColomboLQ said:

Gunny Hartman said:

ColomboLQ said:

Timbear said:

Delusion.

I exposed you as a football know-nothing in a thread on here just in the past few weeks. You sure you want to embarrass yourself again? You might want to sit out this one.
Reality. You should seriously find some.
Osodecentx
LTbear said:

Great question
william
bowel eligible.

aka finger painting in our putrid mess.

- UL

arts and crafts w/ matty.

'kids, if you make a mess w/ your mess, just wipe your hands on my smock'.
Go Bears!
REX
Gunny Hartman said:

We would stomp a mudhole in Houston

Today's thoughts?
Gunny Hartman
REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Today's thoughts?

What does playing at West Virginia, one of the toughest road environments in the country, at night after the crowd has had all day to get lubed up got to do with whipping G5 Houston in a bowl? I expected us to lose regardless, but if Mims and Hurd would have made two easy catches they should have made instead of giving up picks, then that first half would have gone entirely differently.

Maybe the new position coach is to blame; it's too early to tell. Too damn many catchable balls dropped this season. But I'd rather have a donkey coaching receivers than Taint Wallis.
TexasScientist
Malbec said:

Processed food bowl.
Nope. Toilet.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
LTbear said:

Sunshine Pumpers vs. Realists. The middle ground is becoming much smaller quickly.

It feels like 2002 all over again, just mostly with different posters.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
possible12
Gunny Hartman said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Today's thoughts?

What does playing at West Virginia, one of the toughest road environments in the country, at night after the crowd has had all day to get lubed up got to do with whipping G5 Houston in a bowl? I expected us to lose regardless, but if Mims and Hurd would have made two easy catches they should have made instead of giving up picks, then that first half would have gone entirely differently.

Maybe the new position coach is to blame; it's too early to tell. Too damn many catchable balls dropped this season. But I'd rather have a donkey coaching receivers than Taint Wallis.
So it was the lubed up crowd and 2 dropped passes. No chance to be competitive with a lubed up crowd. manage expectations.
Gunny Hartman
possible12 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Today's thoughts?

So it was the lubed up crowd and 2 dropped passes. No chance to be competitive with a lubed up crowd. manage expectations.

No way you could infer that from what I wrote. Your reading comprehension sucks. Work on it.
Krieg
Gunny Hartman said:

possible12 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Today's thoughts?

No way you could infer that from what I wrote. Your reading comprehension sucks. Work on it.

Any team that can throw well or run and throw decently will kill us. Our D is historically bad and the O is inconsistent at best. If we somehow win 2 more we need to be hoping for a run-only team that doesn't rely on gap integrity to beat (aka, not an option team) or we'll turn in another losing record.
REX
Gunny Hartman said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Today's thoughts?

Still believe Baylor smokes Houston? I don't see it
Gunny Hartman
REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Today's thoughts?

Yep. Maybe we'll get to find out. Beating Rice and USF doesn't impress me. Does it you? They got manhandled by the only halfway decent team they played (Tech). You find that impressive?
Gunny Hartman
ColomboLQ said:

Gunny Hartman said:

ColomboLQ said:

Gunny Hartman said:

ColomboLQ said:

Timbear said:

Delusion.

Reality. You should seriously find some.

Is that a fact? Well then why don't you tell me about some reality. For example, why don't you use all your football wisdom to explain to me how Briles in his FOURTH season was down 42-0 at the half in Stoolwater with a QB that won the Heisman a few months later. Or down 17-3 at the half at Kansas, or blown out at aggy 55-28, all in the same season.

Please do bless us all with some of your vaunted reality.
Timbear
We can be competitive here on out, so things might look much improved in a few weeks.
RegentCoverup
REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Today's thoughts?

Yeah, diehard Baylor fan alright..
RegentCoverup
REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Today's thoughts?

Gunny Hartman
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LTbear said:

Sunshine Pumpers vs. Realists. The middle ground is becoming much smaller quickly.

Jim, you disappoint me. You say you were on the team right before me, but I never see you offer any kind of analysis that represents tangible football knowledge. And here you claim you want some discussion representing the "middle ground," yet call one side of your equation the "Realists."

This is exactly why you never see the most knowledgeable football posters like ftblbob posting on this board. We'd rather stick to Premium where knowledgeable, insightful, and balanced discussion is expected.
Chuckroast
Gunny Hartman said:

ColomboLQ said:

Timbear said:

Delusion.

In all seriousness, I think UH would be a double digit favorite in Vegas. I think UH would also cover the spread comfortably.
SSadler
And I stayed home from Sunday School for this catfight?
Malbec
Gunny Hartman said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LTbear said:

Jim, you disappoint me. You say you were on the team right before me, but I never see you offer any kind of analysis that represents tangible football knowledge. And here you claim you want some discussion representing the "middle ground," yet call one side of your equation the "Realists."

This is exactly why you never see the most knowledgeable football posters like ftblbob posting on this board. We'd rather stick to Premium where knowledgeable, insightful, and balanced discussion is expected.
Good gosh man, then just do that.
Gunny Hartman
Malbec said:

Gunny Hartman said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LTbear said:

Good gosh man, when I want your guidance as to where I should post then I'll let you know. I mean, God forbid anyone should question the mindless groupthink that G5 UHH would automatically waste Baylor because they have Kendal "Greatest coach since Vince Lombardi" "Do you like white girls?" Briles at the offensive helm.
Malbec
Gunny Hartman said:

Malbec said:

Gunny Hartman said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LTbear said:

Good gosh man, when I want your guidance as to where I should post then I'll let you know. I mean, God forbid anyone should question the mindless groupthink that G5 UHH would automatically waste Baylor because they have Kendal "Greatest coach since Vince Lombardi" "Do you like white girls?" Briles at the offensive helm.
By all means, keep blustering about how you choose to "stick to Premium" while you do the exact opposite and post your whines here.
Gunny Hartman
Malbec said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Malbec said:

Gunny Hartman said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LTbear said:

By all means, keep blustering about how you choose to "stick to Premium" while you do the exact opposite and post your whines here.

So stating facts is "bluster" in your book? So does ftblbob and other posters with his level of knowledge of the game post over here or not? No. That's not bluster, that's the facts.

Oh and I assure you I'm not whining about the fact that low IQ trolls and whiny little b**ches aren't tolerated on premium, I can promise you that. In fact, count me surprised you've made the cut, at least thus far.
REX
Gunny Hartman said:

Malbec said:

Gunny Hartman said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LTbear said:

Houston's offense is on par with OU and better than WV. But yeah they would struggle with Baylor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.