Football
Sponsored by

Bowl game projected for Baylor

37,719 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by REX
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are we gonna be in one?
TexasScientist
ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?
What I've seen is possibly Army vs. Baylor in the Armed Forces Bowl. However, there are more eligible teams available that bowls. EMU, Miami (Ohio), Wyoming, and after this next week Virginia Tech are also eligible. I think it's possible Baylor could be passed over for one of those teams. I can think back to one of the Teaff years where Baylor was bowl eligible, and yet passed over for a team with a bigger draw on attendance.
Gunny Hartman
TexasScientist said:

ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?
What I've seen is possibly Army vs. Baylor in the Armed Forces Bowl. However, there are more eligible teams available that bowls. EMU, Miami (Ohio), Wyoming, and after this next week Virginia Tech are also eligible. I think it's possible Baylor could be passed over for one of those teams. I can think back to one of the Teaff years where Baylor was bowl eligible, and yet passed over for a team with a bigger draw on attendance.

Did you seriously just post that you believe Baylor could be passed over for Eastern Michigan, Miami of Ohio, and Wyoming?
Bear8084
TexasScientist said:

ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?

How many bowls then, how many bowls now? And really? A P5 team from the Big 12 that is a feel good story going to be passed over for those teams? Uh....no.
boognish_bear
Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?

How many bowls then, how many bowls now? And really? A P5 team from the Big 12 that is a feel good story going to be passed over for those teams? Uh....no.

Going from most hated team in the country to a feel good story in 2 years....that ain't bad
whitetrash
TexasScientist said:

ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?

Big12 has 7 guaranteed bowl slots (Sugar, Alamo, Camping World, Texas, Liberty, Cheez-it, Armed Forces).

Big12 has 7 bowl eligible teams (OU, UT, WV, IowaSt, TCU, BU, OkSt).

You do the math. It's a scientific equation.
boognish_bear
whitetrash said:

TexasScientist said:

ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?

Big12 has 7 guaranteed bowl slots (Sugar, Alamo, Camping World, Texas, Liberty, Cheez-it, Armed Forces).

Plus an outside chance OU gets lifted to the CFP leaving 6 teams and 7 slots
xiledinok
REX said:

So will Baylor shut TT out?

Your defense is poor to the point you guys will need to preserve them in your bowl.
Sucked it good against Memphis.
TexasScientist
whitetrash said:

TexasScientist said:

ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?

I didn't know there was lock for B12 with the Armed Forces Bowl. If that is the case, then BU should have that spot.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

So will Baylor shut TT out?

Your defense is poor to the point you guys will need to preserve them in your bowl.
Sucked it good against Memphis.
xiledinok
TexasScientist said:

whitetrash said:

TexasScientist said:

ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?

I didn't know there was lock for B12 with the Armed Forces Bowl. If that is the case, then BU should have that spot.

This ain't TAPPS, the big boy Power 5 get the bowl spots before the junior colleges masquerading as comprehensive universities that teach true science and educate, not like Liberty or perhaps Texas State.
whitetrash
Last year Big12 had 8 eligible (everyone but us and KU). Tech got the SECSECSEC's unfilled slot in the Birmingham Bowl.
McCavebear
McCavebear said:

Someone should invent a new snack food and call it Cheese Tits!
Just sounds happy!

https://goo.gl/images/kRoFLg
McCavebear Lives!
Beaneater
McCavebear said:

McCavebear said:

Someone should invent a new snack food and call it Cheese Tits!
Just sounds happy!

https://goo.gl/images/kRoFLg
Well we already have cheese balls...
Dia del DougO
TexasScientist said:

whitetrash said:

TexasScientist said:

ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?

It's the bottom bowl that has Big 12 ties. There usually isn't a Big 12 team in it because the teams get used up before it's their turn to pick.
OldSchoolBU
REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Checking a multitude of sites that make weekly bowl game projections reveals that only one currently has us in the mix. But it doesn't give me a good feeling because it inspires too many punchlines:

Sports Illustrated:
http://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/10/08/bowl-projections-matchups-predictions-playoff-rankings

Cheez-It Bowl, Phoenix (9 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

SBNation has Baylor vs. Houston in the Armed Forces Bowl
Please dear God let this happen. We can stop hearing from all the Briles boot lickers like Rex and the rest of the like minded stooges when Baylor beats them by 3 TDs.

As big of a letdown that would be for Houston I would love it. UH would surpass the numbers that OU put on Baylor
You are talking about the team that gave up 63 points to Texas Tech right? I guess since Baylor plays Texas Tech let's see how they do and if they can keep Texas Tech under 63. Because Baylor has a better offense than TT.

And perhaps you are on the wrong forum. Here's where you and your stooges need to be posting.

https://www.coogfans.com/c/football
where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?
there you are. Houston gave up 63 to Texas Tech and Baylor gave up 24. And Baylor beat the Red Raiders. I know 3rd string QB and all that. Injuries happen, you can only play the teams on your schedule. Fortunately for UH there bowl tie ins are so bad that they won't get a chance at a 6-6 Baylor team. They can claim pretend bragging rights.
The past is last! Be a champion today!
REX
OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Checking a multitude of sites that make weekly bowl game projections reveals that only one currently has us in the mix. But it doesn't give me a good feeling because it inspires too many punchlines:

Sports Illustrated:
http://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/10/08/bowl-projections-matchups-predictions-playoff-rankings

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

Please dear God let this happen. We can stop hearing from all the Briles boot lickers like Rex and the rest of the like minded stooges when Baylor beats them by 3 TDs.

As big of a letdown that would be for Houston I would love it. UH would surpass the numbers that OU put on Baylor
You are talking about the team that gave up 63 points to Texas Tech right? I guess since Baylor plays Texas Tech let's see how they do and if they can keep Texas Tech under 63. Because Baylor has a better offense than TT.

And perhaps you are on the wrong forum. Here's where you and your stooges need to be posting.

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?
there you are. Houston gave up 63 to Texas Tech and Baylor gave up 24. And Baylor beat the Red Raiders. I know 3rd string QB and all that. Injuries happen, you can only play the teams on your schedule. Fortunately for UH there bowl tie ins are so bad that they won't get a chance at a 6-6 Baylor team. They can claim pretend bragging rights.
Gunny Hartman
OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

That "3rd string" quarterback was Tech's starter at the season opener until he got a high ankle sprain, so he's hardly a scrub.

And Uhh still had their starting QB when they got blown out by Tech.

We'd pound Uhh into an unrecognizable pulp.
TexasScientist
Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

That "3rd string" quarterback was Tech's starter at the season opener until he got a high ankle sprain, so he's hardly a scrub.

BU's track record doesn't support that statement.
ColomboLQ
Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

Gunny Hartman
TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

Is that a fact? Well the two teams have a mutual opponent in Tech, who Baylor handily beat yet blew out Uhh. That's what's called a track record. But perhaps you'd like to enlighten us?
Chuckroast
Gunny Hartman said:

TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

Is that a fact? Well the two teams have a mutual opponent in Tech, who Baylor handily beat yet blew out Uhh. That's what's called a track record. But perhaps you'd like to enlighten us?

Houston would beat Tech now - Tech is a shell of the team it was 5 weeks ago when it was riding high and almost beat OU.
Gunny Hartman
Lol. Uhh is only 8-4 playing in a G5 conference. They just got smoked by Memphis, and in addition to Tech lost to crappy SMU and Rhule's former players at Temple.

They've beaten ONE team with a winning record, USF. One. Playing in a G5 conference. Oooh, sooo impressive.

Some of y'all need to put down the Kendal Briles pipe and listen to Whitney

Gunny Hartman
ColomboLQ said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

You post so many terrible football takes that you should really consider making this gif your personal logo
ColomboLQ
Gunny Hartman said:

ColomboLQ said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

You post so many terrible football takes that you should really consider making this gif your personal logo

Forest Bueller
Gunny Hartman said:

TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

The Tech QB was basically one legged. I don't think you can realistically compare him to his uninjured self.
Shoot him getting to continue on just showed how desperate Tech was at QB. Down to nothing.

That said, BU likely beats UH.
REX
Gunny Hartman said:

TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

Houston beats bu by 17.
Easy.
You are now enlightened !!!!
MilliVanilli
REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

Houston beats bu by 17.
Easy.
That is your wet dream.
TexasScientist
Gunny Hartman said:

TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

Baylor didn't beat the same Tech team that played UH.
BUbearinARK
TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

LChecking a multitude of sites that make weekly bowl game projections reveals that only one currently has us in the mix. But it doesn't give me a good feeling because it inspires too many punchlines:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

Arkansas Tech?
Gunny Hartman
TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

This completely subjective opinion is not helping your case
Gunny Hartman
REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

Houston beats bu by 17.
Easy.

In number of fan arrests perhaps
D. C. Bear
TexasScientist said:

ScottS said:

Are we gonna be in one?
You fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.
REX
Gunny Hartman said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

TexasScientist said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

Houston beats bu by 17.
Easy.

In number of fan arrests perhaps
Gunny Hartman
Army is about to break it off in Coog high.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.