Football
Sponsored by

Bowl game projected for Baylor

37,755 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by REX
OldSchoolBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Checking a multitude of sites that make weekly bowl game projections reveals that only one currently has us in the mix. But it doesn't give me a good feeling because it inspires too many punchlines:

Sports Illustrated:
http://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/10/08/bowl-projections-matchups-predictions-playoff-rankings

Cheez-It Bowl, Phoenix (9 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

SBNation has Baylor vs. Houston in the Armed Forces Bowl
Please dear God let this happen. We can stop hearing from all the Briles boot lickers like Rex and the rest of the like minded stooges when Baylor beats them by 3 TDs.

As big of a letdown that would be for Houston I would love it. UH would surpass the numbers that OU put on Baylor
You are talking about the team that gave up 63 points to Texas Tech right? I guess since Baylor plays Texas Tech let's see how they do and if they can keep Texas Tech under 63. Because Baylor has a better offense than TT.

And perhaps you are on the wrong forum. Here's where you and your stooges need to be posting.

https://www.coogfans.com/c/football
where Rex at?
The past is last! Be a champion today!
bear2be2
REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Malbec said:

Gunny Hartman said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LTbear said:

How does every single thread turn into girly internet slap fights?
Sunshine Pumpers vs. Realists. The middle ground is becoming much smaller quickly.

It feels like 2002 all over again, just mostly with different posters.

Jim, you disappoint me. You say you were on the team right before me, but I never see you offer any kind of analysis that represents tangible football knowledge. And here you claim you want some discussion representing the "middle ground," yet call one side of your equation the "Realists."

This is exactly why you never see the most knowledgeable football posters like ftblbob posting on this board. We'd rather stick to Premium where knowledgeable, insightful, and balanced discussion is expected.
Good gosh man, then just do that.

Good gosh man, when I want your guidance as to where I should post then I'll let you know. I mean, God forbid anyone should question the mindless groupthink that G5 UHH would automatically waste Baylor because they have Kendal "Greatest coach since Vince Lombardi" "Do you like white girls?" Briles at the offensive helm.

Houston's offense is on par with OU and better than WV. But yeah they would struggle with Baylor.
Someone forgot to tell this to SMU.
Gunny Hartman
OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Checking a multitude of sites that make weekly bowl game projections reveals that only one currently has us in the mix. But it doesn't give me a good feeling because it inspires too many punchlines:

Sports Illustrated:
http://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/10/08/bowl-projections-matchups-predictions-playoff-rankings

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

Please dear God let this happen. We can stop hearing from all the Briles boot lickers like Rex and the rest of the like minded stooges when Baylor beats them by 3 TDs.

As big of a letdown that would be for Houston I would love it. UH would surpass the numbers that OU put on Baylor
You are talking about the team that gave up 63 points to Texas Tech right? I guess since Baylor plays Texas Tech let's see how they do and if they can keep Texas Tech under 63. Because Baylor has a better offense than TT.

And perhaps you are on the wrong forum. Here's where you and your stooges need to be posting.

where Rex at?

The mighty 3-5 SMU ponies just whipped the hell outta coog high so someone should do a well check on Rex
REX
Gunny Hartman
SB Nation predicts us vs. Tennessee in the Liberty Bowl

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/11/4/18060696/bowl-projections-2018-college-football-playoff-predictions

Cbssports predicts us vs. South Carolina, also in the Liberty Bowl

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-bowl-projections-lack-of-upsets-leads-to-status-quo-except-for-west-virginia/
boognish_bear
Gunny Hartman said:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/11/4/18060696/bowl-projections-2018-college-football-playoff-predictions

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-bowl-projections-lack-of-upsets-leads-to-status-quo-except-for-west-virginia/

Would be fun to get an SEC match up....but Tenn still needs to win 2 more games to get bowl eligible. They have UK, Mizzou, and Vandy left.
boognish_bear
Brewer not thinking bowl....he's just ready for ISU

CHP Bear
Just wondering, if a 5 and 7 team plays in the Cheez-It Bowl will it be rebranded as The Cheez-It Lite Bowl?
Chuckroast
boognish_bear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Would be fun to get an SEC match up....but Tenn still needs to win 2 more games to get bowl eligible. They have UK, Mizzou, and Vandy left.
Tenn is not good. They will definitely be a dog vs Missouri and UK and possibly against Vandy. I think Baylor would beat them the way we played yesterday. S Carolina on the other hand is pretty good - I don't think we would want any part of them.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
The whole Jalen Hurd aspect of this matchup got right past me. That would make for a good storyline

whitetrash
ESPN's 2 goobers both still have OkSt in the Liberty Bowl; one has us in Cheez-It vs Sumlin & Arizona; other has us in Armed Forces vs UH.

BTW: Liberty is higher on the pecking order than the other two, and OkSt has the same record as us but with OU, WV and TCU left.
OldSchoolBU
Houston LOL. Good offense though.

Temple smoked them, hung 59 at their house. But I'm sure they would stop Baylor. Please Dear Lord give us Houston in a bowl.
The past is last! Be a champion today!
Gunny Hartman
OldSchoolBU said:

Temple smoked them, hung 59 at their house. But I'm sure they would stop Baylor. Please Dear Lord give us Houston in a bowl.

Wait wait wait hold on here. Rex and Columbo told me Uhh was practically unstoppable and that anyone would be delusional to think otherwise.
REX
Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Wait wait wait hold on here. Rex and Columbo told me Uhh was practically unstoppable and that anyone would be delusional to think otherwise.

Just on the offensive side sir!!!!
Defense not so much
ColomboLQ
Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Does 527 yards and 49 points tell you otherwise?
Gunny Hartman
ColomboLQ said:

Gunny Hartman said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Does 527 yards and 49 points tell you otherwise?

Scoreboard against SMU and Temple tell me otherwise
Franklins
OldSchoolBU said:

Please Dear Lord give us Houston in a bowl.
MrGolfguy
Sports Illustrated now projecting - Academy Sports Texas Bowl, Baylor vs Texas A&M
Osodecentx
We need to win 6 games, don't we?
MrGolfguy
Yes, they're projecting BU wins at least 6 to become eligible and then gets selected to play in the Texas Bowl
Franklins
I think there's probably a slightly lesser chance that we will win one of two at home than not.

We should be the underdog in both games, right?

Gunny Hartman
Franklins said:

I think there's probably a slightly lesser chance that we will win one of two at home than not.

We should be the underdog in both games, right?

I'm no odds expert, but I expect we will be favored this weekend at home.
BUmoneymaker
I would absolutely love it if baylor played uh or anm. If anm i would make the trip. Anm sux monkey butt and i want them to lose to the carebears.

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
Chuckroast
BUmoneymaker said:

I would absolutely love it if baylor played uh or anm. If anm i would make the trip. Anm sux monkey butt and i want them to lose to the carebears.

If we beat A&M in a bowl game, I would feel much better about our program. I'm no odds expert either, but I bet we'd be close to a 20 pt dog in that one.
boognish_bear
Chuckroast said:

BUmoneymaker said:

If we beat A&M in a bowl game, I would feel much better about our program. I'm no odds expert either, but I bet we'd be close to a 20 pt dog in that one.

Yep...this is not the year I want to face Aggy in a bowl. Give us one more year before we face them
Big12Bear
Brett McMurphy's latest projection has BU playing Sumlin and Arizona on New Years Eve in Memphis. This would assume the SEC doesn't fill all of their available slots.
Robert Wilson
Big12Bear said:

Brett McMurphy's latest projection has BU playing Sumlin and Arizona on New Years Eve in Memphis. This would assume the SEC doesn't fill all of their available slots.
I'd go to the Liberty Bowl. That would be fun.
REX
OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?
Stranger
I'd be embarrassed if this team backed into a bowl game
I'm a Bearbacker
Gunny Hartman
REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

You only show up when Baylor loses. You're no Baylor fan, that's for damn sure.
Gunny Hartman
Stranger said:

No one backs into a bowl game.

You should be embarrassed, period.
Bear8084
Gunny Hartman said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

where Rex at?

Here
You miss me?

You only show up when Baylor loses. You're no Baylor fan, that's for damn sure.

He's not only poster showing up after losses to gloat and pile on.
Bear8084
Gunny Hartman said:

Stranger said:

Yup. Agreed.
boognish_bear
Gunny Hartman said:

Stranger said:

If we ever backed in it was 2016 when we finished the year 0-6 and made a bowl

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.