Football
Sponsored by

Oakman

33,494 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
Golden Helmet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jury selection began today.

PartyBear
Pretty sure it didn't.
Keyser Soze
PartyBear
That's not exactly the same thing as jury selection. But I can see why one would think this. Looks like they are trying to make sure they don't get to jury selection and then have a panel end up being busted.
4th and Inches
Thats not new... he does that for every single jury pool i have sat thru
Aliceinbubbleland
Does Mclennan County tell the jurors which trials they could be seated? I've never been told in advance during jury selection what type of trial, let alone a specific case, required questionnaires be completed.

Out of at least five calls to jury duty was I only selected once and then after selection they told us which trial.
Keyser Soze
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Keyser Soze said:

Keyser Soze

Sounds live every trip to jury duty I have ever done
Forest Bueller
Keyser Soze said:

Same here, my brother got on a murder trial jury once though.
4th and Inches
Forest Bueller said:

Keyser Soze said:

Same here, my brother got on a murder trial jury once though.
was picked for a murder trial... also did a trial for civil damages involving a car accident where a child ended up with severe brain damage
TenBears
Juror questionnaire is by definition a part of the jury selection process. Only utilized in significant cases. Not allowed unless the parties request, and establish good cause for it.
xiledinok
Pretty good sized panel.
LIB,MR BEARS
If I knew this trial was a possibility, I'd have gone Saturday and found a generic green jersey with a #2 on it to wear each day I reported to the courthouse. Maybe forge an Oakman autograph on it. Pretty sure I'd get sent home

On second thought, they'd make me come back Wednesday to sit through some other selection process and kill two days.
xiledinok
LIB,MR BEARS said:

If I knew this trial was a possibility, I'd have gone Saturday and found a generic green jersey with a #2 on it to wear each day I reported to the courthouse. Maybe forge an Oakman autograph on it. Pretty sure I'd get sent home

On second thought, they'd make me come back Wednesday to sit through some other selection process and kill two days.
Or they could hold you in contempt and sit you in the county for 6 months in an orange jump suit with plenty of old washed up writing on it.
MBGA
The trial and jury selection start on the 25th. The questionaires are just to hell with that. And they are not normal. Normally the lawyers get your regular juror cards the morning of and have about 30 min to record them before they start
Aliceinbubbleland
LOL at you user ID. I'm not sure that is possible in athletics.
BaylorGuy314
I've served on two jury trials in 3 summons. Somehow I always get selected. I'm going to start making outrageous claims during the voir dire process going forward.
Tiny Elvis
What happened with Oakman's change of venue request?
Keyser Soze
Just share your upbringing

xiledinok
Tiny Elvis said:

It must have been denied and they brought in 500 jurors for that panel.

Amazing how Oakman is putting his knee on Pat Mahomes head 3.5 years ago, acting like an undisciplined player while his coaches let him because they were about winning it all cost. Now, Pat is NFL MVP, his head coach is an NFL coach, and Oakman's coaches aren't wanted anywhere the public can watch them coach and Oakman's life story is going on center stage.

Michnas
xiledinok said:

Tiny Elvis said:

Amazing how Oakman is putting his knee on Pat Mahomes head 3.5 years ago, acting like an undisciplined player while his coaches let him because they were about winning it all cost. Now, Pat is NFL MVP, his head coach is an NFL coach, and Oakman's coaches aren't wanted anywhere the public can watch them coach and Oakman's life story is going on center stage.

weird that pat mahomes college head coach just promoted oakman's college position coach on an nfl staff. i thought i read that oakman's coaches aren't wanted anywhere
xiledinok
Michnas said:

xiledinok said:

Tiny Elvis said:

weird that pat mahomes college head coach just promoted oakman's college position coach on an nfl staff. i thought i read that oakman's coaches aren't wanted anywhere

Not anywhere people are decent.
I guess he can drive KK to Arizona State to help pick up women for KK. Congrats to him. Cannot wait to see the cheap Cardinals back on the Cowboys schedule!

What's Fake Art's record in Italy? Can you at least keep us updated on Meat ball football. You want to post pro Fake Art. Go ahead!

The irony of how it turned out!
Pat is an NFL superstar and Oakman is a thug who played for Baylor. He has zero sympathy outside the bubble. He made his bed in Waco. Unfortunately, his desperate coaches needed him because no one had been recruited to rush the passer. He left them a stain on their legacy. You might disagree and that's good. We need the public to get more upset before the Ncaa deals with Fake Art.

Michnas
xiledinok said:

Michnas said:

xiledinok said:

Tiny Elvis said:

I guess he can drive KK to Arizona State to help pick up women for KK. Congrats to him. Cannot wait to see the cheap Cardinals back on the Cowboys schedule!

What's Fake Art's record in Italy? Can you at least keep us updated on Meat ball football. You want to post pro Fake Art. Go ahead!

Pat is an NFL superstar and Oakman is a thug who played for Baylor. He has zero sympathy outside the bubble. He made his bed in Waco. Unfortunately, his desperate coaches needed him because no one had been recruited to rush the passer. He left them a stain on their legacy. You might disagree and that's good. We need the public to get more upset before the Ncaa deals with Fake Art.

i've noticed you go on little hissy fit rants every time you are proven wrong
chorne68
He has not been proven guilty...I hope he is innocent.
Keyser Soze

We should all hope the verdict is correct - either way

Forest Bueller
BaylorGuy314 said:

I've served on two jury trials in 3 summons. Somehow I always get selected. I'm going to start making outrageous claims during the voir dire process going forward.
Wear a MAGA hat, you'll get passed over.
Forest Bueller
Keyser Soze said:

We should all hope the verdict is correct - either way

This.

I hope that he is actually innocent, but want the truth to be found out either way.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Michnas said:

xiledinok said:

Tiny Elvis said:

Good for Chris.
Aliceinbubbleland
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Oakman only charged with one count of rape and that was with a bubble girl who admitted she slept in his bed the night before and nothing happened?

Good luck Oakman. That was one crazy charge among a few others.
KOKQB70
Thinking many on here are over 60, what is bubble girl?
Forest Bueller
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Oakman only charged with one count of rape and that was with a bubble girl who admitted she slept in his bed the night before and nothing happened?

That was the girl with Sam U. not sure about Oakman. I know they had had a long term relationship.
Forest Bueller

Quote:

Bubble Girl definition...1) A girl who's aware of her own sheltered world and wants to get out and have some fun.

Which may relate to a Meme a girl at my kids school posted on her Instagram.

Quote:

Quote:

"Everybody wants to be a freak, until they have to actually be a freak"

Or something like that.
Keyser Soze
Aliceinbubbleland said:

So what is crazy? Explain

xiledinok
Michnas said:

xiledinok said:

Michnas said:

xiledinok said:

Tiny Elvis said:

i've noticed you go on little hissy fit rants every time you are proven wrong
I hope he has better success getting his group to rush the passer than at Baylor.

When your boy gets his show cause and ban, you can throw another hissy fit about how he was screwed. No one will hear it and life will finally move on without him on the field.

What was Fake Art's record in the meat ball league? Go ahead and post it.

Pat is NFL MVP and you are drooling over Oakman. The Houston Texans coach warned Art about Oakman but Art needed his pass rusher. He couldn't find one in Texas to play for us. Tell us how that turned out? I get a good laugh at those fools and it is comedy. I don't cry about anything I have no control over. I just mention how it turned out and the fact it sucks Baylor has to be associated with such a failure.

Not anywhere decent. Where do we buy our Football Cardinals gear? Can we just find some baseball Cardinal gear and pass it off as football Cardinal gear? I doubt anyone outside of Phoenix would know the difference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.