Football
Sponsored by

CMR was not a Mistake

21,512 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BaylorRocks
BUbearinARK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really like tacos
BaylorRocks
Won't be long now. Season starts very soon !

historian
BaylorRocks
Won't be long now. The 8-4 season starts very soon !

Trust the Process..........
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
zunooreo said:

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BaylorRocks
3 Weeks........

Stranger
zunooreo said:

Just remember, an 8-4 season will still give little Matty a losing record at Baylor (16-22). Not exactly something to write home about, especially when Baylor is paying this ham $4million per year.

Everyone needs to chill and utter "we'll see".
Some of us have seen this sh*t before.
I'm a Bearbacker
BUbearinARK
Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

You're Won't be long now. The 8-4 season starts very soon !

Just remember, an 8-4 season will still give little Matty a losing record at Baylor (16-22). Not exactly something to write home about, especially when Baylor is paying this ham $4million per year.

You're not the boss...or even really much of a thinker. So SIC 'EM BEARS and SIC 'EM TGCMR!!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.
BUBear24
Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

Old age does that to some. Along with thinking everyone is "little" in age to them.
BUbearinARK
BUBear24 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

Old age does that to some. Along with thinking everyone is "little" in age to them.
Indeed, sacdroop doesn't make one 'bigger'
Stranger
Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

Maybe I was counting a bowl loss
I'm a Bearbacker
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

Better than 15-22, I guess
Thee University
Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

I remember the end of that 3rd season with your worshipful master of all things long sleeved, no discipline and bangus gangus.

15-22

The ending was a pigskin enema administered by mighty Illinois.

The Big 12 record after 3 was 7-17. Rhule needs to win only 3 conference games to eclipse your false prophet's performance. He has already beaten the bowl performance which at 3-3 is going to be like teeing up his Sam Houston State or Buffalo lay downs.

Illuminate. We are an institution of Bubble Boys!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Stranger
Thee University said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

I remember the end of that 3rd season with your worshipful master of all things long sleeved, no discipline and bangus gangus.

15-22

The Big 12 record after 3 was 7-17. Rhule needs to win only 3 conference games to eclipse your false prophet's performance. He has already beaten the bowl performance which at 3-3 is going to be like teeing up his Sam Houston State or Buffalo lay downs.

Maybe we'll catch Stephen F Austin looking ahead to John Tarleton the week after Baylor
I'm a Bearbacker
historian
Thee University said:

Rhule needs to win only 3 conference games to eclipse your false prophet's performance. He has already beaten the bowl performance which at 3-3 is going to be like teeing up his Sam Houston State or Buffalo lay downs.

From 2011-2015, CAB led Baylor to four 10-win seasons--4 times all other Baylor coaches combined. That included two 11-win seasons which Baylor has never had before. And Baylor went to 7 consecutive bowl games with the previous record being two.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Thee University
Stranger said:

Thee University said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

15-22

Maybe we'll catch Stephen F Austin looking ahead to John Tarleton the week after Baylor
He's only playing out Ian and Art's pillow fights in panties and long sleeve T's.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Brian Ethridge
Staff
historian said:

Thee University said:

Rhule needs to win only 3 conference games to eclipse your false prophet's performance. He has already beaten the bowl performance which at 3-3 is going to be like teeing up his Sam Houston State or Buffalo lay downs.

From 2011-2015, CAB led Baylor to four 10-win seasons--4 times all other Baylor coaches combined. That included two 11-win seasons which Baylor has never had before. And Baylor went to 7 consecutive bowl games with the previous record being two.

Since the 12 game season went into effect recently, a 9-2 season from the 50s-90s would equal 10-3 or 11-2, IMO. Especially if 9-2 had a bowl victory attached.
Thee University
historian said:

Thee University said:

Let's see what Rhule can do. He's right on track after 2 years to mirror (or exceed) the previous knuckleheads. It sounds like the majority of Big 12 coaches agreed he had to rebuild after the knucks left us relatively bare and hamstrung.

Hey, I have no problem admitting those knucks won a lot of games and made me proud for a few years. I bragged long and often to friends around the nation. The collateral damage and subsequent implosions coupled with his inability to drop that left nut and hire a real DC and a real special teams coach along with a good dose of firm discipline caused me to run up the yellow and red flags.

It is easier to win 10 games when you play 13 or win 11 games out of 13. Great accomplishments but we got a black eye out of it and the luster has worn off for those outside Waco and the state.

I'm proud to say I played on the first 10 win Baylor team back when we only played 11 games. I'm also proud to say that I played on the only Baylor team to win 100% of our conference games.
Timbear
We know Thee, we know. You've told us 100 times . Sheesh
historian
Brian Ethridge said:

historian said:

Thee University said:

Since the 12 game season went into effect recently, a 9-2 season from the 50s-90s would equal 10-3 or 11-2, IMO. Especially if 9-2 had a bowl victory attached.

Good point. The last point is the most relevant: most consecutive bowl games in Baylor history.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
ImwithBU
Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

Another hypocrite moderator. You were all over Briles's tallywacker when he was here, keep that same energy. You dont have to try and diminished his accomplishments to prove Rhule is some great coach. Time will tell us if Rhule is in the same ballpark as Briles or not, sit back and enjoy the ride up or down. Damn. You can like both guys. You guys are ****ing exhausting...
Stranger
Brian Ethridge said:

historian said:

Thee University said:

New math
I'm a Bearbacker
BUbearinARK
ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

Another hypocrite moderator. You were all over Briles's tallywacker when he was here, keep that same energy. You dont have to try and diminished his accomplishments to prove Rhule is some great coach. Time will tell us if Rhule is in the same ballpark as Briles or not, sit back and enjoy the ride up or down. Damn. You can like both guys. You guys are ****ing exhausting...
So, mathematically correct = hypocrite and diminishing? Plz explain
Thee University
Timbear said:

We know Thee, we know. You've told us 100 times . Sheesh
Ancient history back when Baylor fought with one hand tied behind her back.
bear2be2
Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

historian said:

Thee University said:

New math
Or context and nuance -- two things your posts consistently lack.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

We were talking math.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Brian Ethridge said:

ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

We were talking math.
LOL! I just figured out why you were upset. That was Briles' record after 3 seasons? Never crossed my mind, but triggered gets triggered.
ImwithBU
Brian Ethridge said:

Brian Ethridge said:

ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

We were talking math.
LOL! I just figured out why you were upset. That was Briles' record after 3 seasons? Never crossed my mind, but triggered gets triggered.

Upset would be a drastic overstatement. I assumed that was Briles record after 3 years, but didnt verify. My point is still the same if you wrote covered Baylor during the Briles years, Im betting you thought he was a good coach. Im sure you didnt have a problem with the 4 straight 10 wins season and 7 consecutive bowl season (again assuming the other persons statements above are correct). Yet here you are trying to act as if this is a simple task and other coaches, particularly at Baylor have accomplished it. Hell we dont even know if other coaches in the future will. There is a reason Briles was considered one of our all time coaches before the **** hit the fan. Like I said you can like both coaches I do, Im just tired of people who were cheering for Briles teams now trying to find anyway to diminish the accomplishments now that he and those players are gone. He proved you can win here, any other coach that cant do that is just making excuses
Brian Ethridge
Staff
ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Brian Ethridge said:

ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

We were talking math.

Upset would be a drastic overstatement. I assumed that was Briles record after 3 years, but didnt verify. My point is still the same if you wrote covered Baylor during the Briles years, Im betting you thought he was a good coach. Im sure you didnt have a problem with the 4 straight 10 wins season and 7 consecutive bowl season (again assuming the other persons statements above are correct). Yet here you are trying to act as if this is a simple task and other coaches, particularly at Baylor have accomplished it. Hell we dont even know if other coaches in the future will. There is a reason Briles was considered one of our all time coaches before the **** hit the fan. Like I said you can like both coaches I do, Im just tired of people who were cheering for Briles teams now trying to find anyway to diminish the accomplishments now that he and those players are gone. He proved you can win here, any other coach that cant do that is just making excuses

Yeah, you're not upset. I didn't even think of what Briles record was. I was jabbing Stranger's bad math.
Keyser Soze
Stranger
Brian Ethridge said:

ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Brian Ethridge said:

ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

We were talking math.

Yeah, you're not upset. I didn't even think of what Briles record was. I was jabbing Stranger's bad math.

I did study math at Baylor but I'll blame it on typing with my fat thumbs.

I don't think any of that resulted in a winning record.
I'm a Bearbacker
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Brian Ethridge said:

ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

We were talking math.

I did study math at Baylor but I'll blame it on typing with my fat thumbs.

I don't think any of that resulted in a winning record.

Nope, an 11-2 would break even. I think everyone would be happy with that.
JohnProctor
ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

Careful. If you want to continue to play in this sandbox that is.
JohnProctor
ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Brian Ethridge said:

ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Stranger said:

zunooreo said:

Your math is wrong.

We were talking math.

There is a reason Briles was considered one of our all time coaches before the **** hit the fan. Like I said you can like both coaches I do, Im just tired of people who were cheering for Briles teams now trying to find anyway to diminish the accomplishments now that he and those players are gone. He proved you can win here, any other coach that cant do that is just making excuses
Odd and demented right?

A few clowns diminish Briles by pimping Rhules "accomplishments" like he is the next Joe Paterno. Only time will tell. And right now he is 8-17 (with one win against a D1 team with a winning record) with rumors of one eye on the door. He owns the first year like he owns the second which was still well below our last 10 year standard.

Most supporters are just trying to stay positive and support the coach. Thats admirable and I can learn from that. Some that pump Rhule just want to poke the former coach in the eye over and over at the same time. Mostly likely these guys have some sort of skin in the decision to blow things up. Ignoring these cats is the best answer.

I say Go Rhule. Go Bears. I am not 100% in love what I have seen so far, but there is hope that he can pull it together at least above pre-Briles standards. But at the same time it doesn't take a genius to recognize that Briles was the greatest football coach in the history of Baylor by a large margin.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.