Football
Sponsored by

Let's go get a homerun OC

21,512 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aliceinbubbleland
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xraes
boognish_bear said:

Assuming true, this is HUGE get for BU!!!

Next best thing to getting Joe Brady.
Timbear
Alright, getting it started.
boognish_bear
LSU fans worried....just call us Western LSU

Jorkel
McCavebear said:

Sonny Cumbie worked with Aranda when Aranda was at tech. Sonny ran scout team for Aranda. They are friends it seems.

We got a wad of money from Rhule leaving to up Sonny's money from the 700 k salary he gets at frog. It might be a Machiavellian move to hire Cumbie away and make life hard on frog.

Cumbie got a lot of heat for anemic offense at frog last season but they had a freshman QB. He may be ready for a change.

Their offense the last couple of years hasn't been that good if I do recall
Jorkel
boognish_bear said:

I bet they aren't a playoff team next year
Timbear
The Carolina Panthers are now Baylor East.
Ursus Americanus
boognish_bear said:

Our former coach takes Brady and we take his natural successor after we hire LSU's defensive coordinator, who knew the Baylor job could fleece a national champion staff so fast.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Jorkel said:

boognish_bear said:

That's more because of no Joe Burrow than anything else. They've always had crazy talent but no elite QB. Real LSU fans know they're probably not winning the West next year, and they're enjoying this year immensely.
boognish_bear
Ursus Americanus said:

boognish_bear said:

Our former coach takes Brady and we take his natural successor after we hire LSU's defensive coordinator, who knew the Baylor job could fleece a national champion staff so fast.

I know.... It's really making us look like we are making a play for the big stage
Robert Wilson
boognish_bear said:

74Bear said:

FROM FOOTBALLSCOOP

Baylor: LSU offensive analyst Jorge Munoz is expected to join Dave Aranda's staff as wide receivers coach and may also have the pass game coordinator title, Bruce Feldman tweets.
Interesting....there's been some talk of him taking over as OC at LSU which must not be happening if he's taking a position coach job here. He's got a great rep.

Wonder if Aranda is thinking about keeping Nixon/Thomas on as CO-OCs
I certainly hope not. Makes no sense to plug in Munoz underneath those guys.
Jorkel
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Jorkel said:

boognish_bear said:

That's more because of no Joe Burrow than anything else. They've always had crazy talent but no elite QB. Real LSU fans know they're probably not winning the West next year, and they're enjoying this year immensely.

Even with no elite QB, had they changed offensive philosophies sooner they probably would have been in the conversation a lot more with all the talent surrounding the QB. We don't know how good the other QBs could have been on last years team, probably not joe burrow but..
boognish_bear
Robert Wilson said:

boognish_bear said:

74Bear said:

FROM FOOTBALLSCOOP

Baylor: LSU offensive analyst Jorge Munoz is expected to join Dave Aranda's staff as wide receivers coach and may also have the pass game coordinator title, Bruce Feldman tweets.
Interesting....there's been some talk of him taking over as OC at LSU which must not be happening if he's taking a position coach job here. He's got a great rep.

Wonder if Aranda is thinking about keeping Nixon/Thomas on as CO-OCs
I certainly hope not. Makes no sense to plug in Munoz underneath those guys.
I'm hoping for fresh blood at the OC spot also....but that's kind of what happened at LSU....Brady got plugged under Steve Ensminger who had been the OC in 2018.
RiskyBizz Bear
WHO IS IT GOING TO BE?!?!
Yogi
RiskyBizz Bear said:

As long as he is extremely offensive.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
74Bear
RiskyBizz Bear said:

Here is maybe a hint:
https://247sports.com/college/miami/LongFormArticle/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-Why-Larry-Fedora-Would-Be-A-Good-Offensive-Coordinator-Hire-127159146/
Robert Wilson
74Bear said:

RiskyBizz Bear said:

Here is maybe a hint:
https://247sports.com/college/miami/LongFormArticle/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-Why-Larry-Fedora-Would-Be-A-Good-Offensive-Coordinator-Hire-127159146/
Interesting set of thoughts. Spent the last year on Herman's staff...
Bigkahunaww
Robert Wilson said:

74Bear said:

RiskyBizz Bear said:

Here is maybe a hint:
A quote from the article, seems to me that's exactly what Aranda said when asked about his offensive scheme.

"Well, philosophically then you should want your offense to be the same way. We want something that is aggressive and attacking and that creates mental stress for the defense we are playing."
Living the American dream in central Texas !
Dman
Robert Wilson said:

74Bear said:

RiskyBizz Bear said:

Here is maybe a hint:
Interesting read. Regardless of who we get...they need to have the experience and confidence to make adjustments around the talent they have. I like this quote:

"Fedora won't put his players in positions where they don't have the ability to execute what is being asked. Fedora builds his system and game plan around the strengths of his quarterbacks.'

Our previous OC's were learning on the job with no previous experience and had determined what they wanted, regardless of the makeup of the offense. We had VERY talented skilled players. Our O-line was average last year. Not great. Not bad. We had the players to not go an entire year of only scoring 3 points or 0 points for for half of all the quarters played. The inconsistency was mind-blowing.

gobears20
Staff
Looks like Fedora is following Aranda on Twitter.

[url=https://ibb.co/Kw8kXjv][/url]

Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
PartyBear
I know some here are critical but I like the idea of Fedora's return should it happen.
74Bear
Stay tuned. Just might happen
boognish_bear
PartyBear said:

I know some here are critical but I like the idea of Fedora's return should it happen.

I think a lot of that is based on CAB pulling Fedora's pants down at the RAB and then UNC's next season.

I would be disappointed with him as our HC...but would be ok with OC. As a first time P5 HC it might help Aranda to have a former P5 HC on staff.
BUbackerinET
Completely agree, makes me think it's a much bigger target - hope I'm right
PartyBear
His brother was the HC at Robinson about 15 or so years ago.
gobears20
Staff
Fedora is good at recruiting.

When he was here back in the 90's on Chuck Reedy'a staff we could recruit but not get these guys in. Always think back if we could have got some of those guys in we would have been great.

To me this would be big because he also has head coaching experience at a power five and he knows Texas well. There is a reason why he is at UT right now.
BUbackerinET
Right, and although just an analyst, I'm sure he had some influence on the offense, and how did that pan out? No thanks prefer both Napier and McGuire to this choice
PartyBear
Fedora is who the Texas folks wanted Herman to hire when he fired the OC. Fedora however resigned from Texas to pursue HC opportunities which didn't pan out this past offseason. That said he probably wouldn't be the OC for long here due to his desire to being a HC again.
boognish_bear
PartyBear said:

Fedora is who the Texas folks wanted Herman to hire when he fired the OC. Fedora however resigned from Texas to pursue HC opportunities which didn't pan out this past offseason. That said he probably wouldn't be the OC for long here due to his desire to being a HC again.

Well....if it's him and he's only here a short time he might be a good mentor to prepare Munoz to take the OC spot
gobears20
Staff
I have a feeling we are going to start going after more four and five stars with this type of group. I feel that this group will separate from Rhules group.
74Bear
Announcement could come tomorrow.
PartyBear
Congrats to Fedora or whoever is announced.
Baylor3216
gobears20 said:

When he was here back in the 90's on Chuck Reedy'a staff we could recruit but not get these guys in. Always think back if we could have got some of those guys in we would have been great.

To me this would be big because he also has head coaching experience at a power five and he knows Texas well. There is a reason why he is at UT right now.

I hear ya but recruiting guys that can't gwt in seems to
Lack some competence. At least back them 25 years ago
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
gobears20 said:

The knock on Reedy was he recruited academic suspects and we were constantly losing several of them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.