Final 4 for NBA (Spoiler Alert LeBron misses playoffs)

26,355 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OldBurlyBear86
Fozzie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jazz vs Warriors in the West

Celtics vs Sixers in the East

Western Playoff Teams

1. Warriors
2. Jazz
3. Rockets
4. Pelicans
5. Nuggets
6. Thunder
7. Trail Blazers
8. Mavericks

Eastern Playoff Teams

1. Celtics
2. Sixers
3. Raptors
4. Pacers
5. Bucks
6. Heat
7. Wizards
8. Pistons
Roughneck
Fozzie you should really change your screen name to Echocardiogram. Because no one has a better read on the pulse of the NBA than you.

We pretty much see things eye to eye on this NBA season. I see no glaring omissions. I do think Kawhi is playing for that next contract so I think the Raptors get that second spot. But other than that, I think you nailed it.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
laughing out loud. I think the Lakers will safely make the playoffs. I'm responding just so I can get in on the fun when 254 and former flash see this thread.
Fozzie
Roughneck, we are beginning to understand why LeBron got the H-E-L-L out of the Eastern Conference. My goodness. Did you see Jason Tatum? Kyrie and Gordon were off but it is a matter of time before this thing gets rolling.

What's the all time record for wins 73? That number is in danger.

Celtics and Warriors a lock for the finals if they stay reasonably healthy. No reason to even play the season.
Schmidty
Are you a Mavs fan? That is the only thing that could explain them getting in over the Lakers
Fozzie
Schmidty said:

Are you a Mavs fan? That is the only thing that could explain them getting in over the Lakers
not a Mavs fan, mor of a Celtics fan I guess. I just love good basketball. I don't watch a whole lot of NBA though. I just think the Lakers have major chemistry issues.
Roughneck
Jaylen and Tatum took turns giving Embiid the business and staring him down. Love it.
Roughneck

Ashley Hodge
Staff
https://instagr.am/p/BpBVjXJho04
xiledinok
Hayward is the most overrated player in the NBA.
Denver or Minny won't make the playoffs.
The main event last night was a terrific game.

The undercard was a reminder how boring the East is as a conference.
Philly looks like two stars and role players. They scare no one.
Fultz is a poor man's Allen Iverson.
Fozzie
I understand why LeBron tucked tail and ran away from the Celtics but I think he's realizing that even mediocre teams in the West are going to blow the Lakers out on a regular basis.

I stayed up to watch Lillard and McCollum do their thing. Lakers had no chance down the stretch. And that was probably a 50/50 crowd in Portland. Shame on those fans for letting so many tshirt LeBron fans in the building.
xiledinok
Lebron has a cast of misfits on that roster. He is going to drive down the lane and have to pass to one of those bricklayers like Rondo to hit the open shot. Ball, Rondo, and a few others are not long range shooters.
bularry
I don't know much, but Mavs ain't a playoff team

I also think it is comical some of y'all think LeBron is running from the Celtics to go battle the Warriors. Sure
BaylorBears_254
Damn...Fozzie and Roughneck still butthurt about Lebron...They're mad they'll never get payback lmao.

Poor Celtics, Lebron owned your organization.
xiledinok
bularry said:

I also think it is comical some of y'all think LeBron is running from the Celtics to go battle the Warriors. Sure

I d pick them over the DeRozen led crew. Minny will collapse and Denver will stumble.

Celtics best worry about a better Raptor team. Hayward is a second tier guy and Tatum might be a few years away from owning Leonard.
Fozzie
bularry said:

Mavs did win their home owner unlike the Lake show
Fozzie
BaylorBears_254 said:

Damn...Fozzie and Roughneck still butthurt about Lebron...They're mad they'll never get payback lmao.

yes he beat them without Kyrie and Hayward. He saw that would be unlikely this year and he made a calculated business decision. I never said he was dumb.

Someone should have told the Lakers you have to make 3 pointers in today's NBA.

Let me count how many terrible shooters the Lakers have

Rondo
Lonzo
Born Ready
Kuzma
Pope
Ingram

Someone tell these guys it is 2018 and not 1952

BaylorBears_254
Fozzie said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

yes he beat them without Kyrie and Hayward. He saw that would be unlikely this year and he made a calculated business decision. I never said he was dumb.

Someone should have told the Lakers you have to make 3 pointers in today's NBA.

Let me count how many terrible shooters the Lakers have

Rondo
Lonzo
Born Ready
Kuzma
Pope
Ingram

Someone tell these guys it is 2018 and not 1952

Let's be honest. Stop the bs of "Lebron left because of the Celtics".

Lebron was long gone, even BEFORE Kyrie was traded to the Celtics.

He could've went to any team in the NBA, including your celtics.

The Lakers team is brand new, they're still learning. It's a very young team. I do think that one or two of the young core will be traded before the deadline tho
Ashley Hodge
Staff
This game was too late for me but looks like things got testy in LA

https://instagr.am/p/BpNJzyxBTto
EvilTroyAndAbed
I'm a lifetime Mavs fan. We ain't making the playoffs this year with that defense.

Lakers will improve throughout the season because LeBron is LeBron, but it'll be tough getting that eighth spot.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

I'm a lifetime Mavs fan. We ain't making the playoffs this year with that defense.

Lakers will improve throughout the season because LeBron is LeBron, but it'll be tough getting that eighth spot.
defense looks rough early. I would wait until Harrison Barnes is back before judging fully but yeah playoffs are not likely. If everything falls right maybe as an 8 seed but that would be hard to envision right now.

But then again...

"Offense wins championships" Bill Walton
BaylorBears_254
Lakers are fine. They're going to have growing pains simply because 85% of the team has never won.

Ingram will improve, he has to.
Kuzma has to play smarter and as a team player
Hart is actually doing his job, he fits great with Bron
Ball played well last night, has to continue being aggressive

KCP is a guy that needs to step up. He needs to play better.

Bron is just coasting while trying to get those guys involved.
BluesBear
Stunned that Embiid hasn't pulled up lame.

No way Lakers make the playoffs. It's a Celtics - Warriors final.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Also, while LeBron will do everything over these next 3-4 years to get another title, he's in LA for life after basketball. He has production companies and other business interests that will occupy his adult life. My understanding is that if he doesn't win another championship, he's content with what he left on the court.

Plus, Golden State will slide a bit next year after Durant (and maybe Thompson) leaves. Nothing goes on forever, except the Patriots.
bularry
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Also, while LeBron will do everything over these next 3-4 years to get another title, he's in LA for life after basketball. He has production companies and other business interests that will occupy his adult life. My understanding is that if he doesn't win another championship, he's content with what he left on the court.

Plus, Golden State will slide a bit next year after Durant (and maybe Thompson) leaves. Nothing goes on forever, except the Patriots.

I doubt Durant leaves. He chose Bay Area for more reasons than basketball
bularry
TrustTheProcess said:

Stunned that Embiid hasn't pulled up lame.

No way Lakers make the playoffs. It's a Celtics - Warriors final.

I'll take all the "Lakers don't make playoffs " action
BaylorBears_254
Lol at the "Lakers aren' making the playoffs" comments.

After two games where a team that is damn near brand new, and still learning each other's game.

Yet, this Lakers team played two close games against two Top 4 West teams from last year...

Haha oooook.
Roughneck
Bit---s always talk smack over their shoulder as they're walking away from the fight.

Lebron ran because it was a fight he couldn't win. He knew it. Fanboys can't handle it.
Fozzie
Roughneck said:

Bit---s always talk smack over their shoulder as they're walking away from the fight.

Lebron ran because it was a fight he couldn't win. He knew it. Fanboys can't handle it.

Knock knock
Who's there?
Owen
Owen who?
Owen three

I saw LeBron missed the two FTs that would have sealed it and then launched a fade-away 3 down one in OT even though he was 3-18 from 3 on the year before that brick.

Someone tell 254 that you have to win games to make the playoffs.
BaylorBears_254
Fozzie said:

Roughneck said:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Owen
Owen who?
Owen three

I saw LeBron missed the two FTs that would have sealed it and then launched a fade-away 3 down one in OT even though he was 3-18 from 3 on the year before that brick.

Knock Knock, who's there? I saw the Celtics lose to the ****ING MAGIC!!
BaylorBears_254
Roughneck will forever be angry at Bron for ruining his favorite franchise and making them go through a rebuild...Poor guy. It's ok, maybe if Bronny Jr makes it to the NBA, you can have a chance to beat him LMAO.
BaylorBears_254
I don't have to entertain this thread as much lol, this just goes to show that Fozzie and Roughneck may secretly be Lebron lovers...

I mean Fozzie just stayed up to 1 a.m watching him play and Roughneck has secretly bought LA tickets
Ashley Hodge
Staff
you all are off to a good start. I got plenty of good laughs on last year's LeBron thread as well. He does bring out the reactions in people.

He did miss the game winner in OT but did hit a big 3 to get it to OT. The Lakers will be fine. Lots of new pieces to incorporate.

Celtics also need time to gel with Hayward and Irving missing key parts of the season last year.

Fozzie
BaylorBears_254 said:

Fozzie said:

Roughneck said:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Owen
Owen who?
Owen three

this Laker team reminds me of a past Laker team. The sum is not greater than the parts.

BaylorBears_254
Fozzie said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Fozzie said:

Roughneck said:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Owen
Owen who?
Owen three

this Laker team reminds me of a past Laker team. The sum is not greater than the parts.

I mean you must be a huge fan of Lebron and the Lakers to literally judge every game.

I remember you started off as a "I dont watch NBA much" guy to, "Lebron this and Lebron that". Im really starting to think you have a huge Lebron mural in your room

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.