Fozzie's NBA Predictions

23,759 Views | 304 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jorkel
william
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L6.

BaylorBears_254
HA. Stop it
Ashley Hodge
Staff
xiledinok
Looking forward to seeing Lebron and Davis Friday night. First time in a while the Lakers will create a real buzz in the arena. The last time was May 2012.
xiledinok
Ashley Hodge said:

Gotta love triple doubles without the player chasing a stat line! It is not like letting Russ pick up as many boards as possible,
BaylorBears_254
That damn Goat Bron! First player EVER to record a triple double against every team in the NBA.

The records that man will break in the next few years will be unbelievable. He will have the greatest farewell tour ever when he retires.
xiledinok
BaylorBears_254 said:

That damn Goat Bron! First player EVER to record a triple double against every team in the NBA.

The records that man will break in the next few years will be unbelievable. He will have the greatest farewell tour ever when he retires.
Tell me which ones he is going to break.
I hope the old time Laker fans and season ticket holders control most of the tickets when he goes on his farwell tour. Keep the trash out of the home arena while they battle for tickets in other cities.
Fozzie
BaylorBears_254 said:

Lake Show off to a good start. Let's see what December, January, February, March and April bring. Notice that I stopped at April.
BaylorBears_254
I think he could play at a high level for about 3-4 years, but I also think he could play till 40. Similar to the impact Brady brings in Football.

Assuming he goes 3-4 years, i see him being #1 in scoring, and definitely Top 5 in assists and rebounds.

Hopefully he can deliver two more titles as well, will be his toughest challenge tho

When Bron retires, it'll be the most watched NBA season to date. That alone will dictate the impact he's made, every game will be a sellout
BaylorBears_254
Fozzie said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Lake Show off to a good start. Let's see what December, January, February, March and April bring. Notice that I stopped at April.

Yawn, give it up Fozzie, I told you before and ill tell you again. a healthy Lakers team is making the playoffs man...They should've made it last year but injuries held them back.

They're only going to get better and better in due time when chemistry forms and much more. Im sorry but your Mavs won't have a chance at LeGOAT and The Lakers
xiledinok
BaylorBears_254 said:

I think he could play at a high level for about 3-4 years, but I also think he could play till 40. Similar to the impact Brady brings in Football.

Assuming he goes 3-4 years, i see him being #1 in scoring, and definitely Top 5 in assists and rebounds.

Hopefully he can deliver two more titles as well, will be his toughest challenge tho

When Bron retires, it'll be the most watched NBA season to date. That alone will dictate the impact he's made, every game will be a sellout
The way the foreign players are invading the league and overseas viewing skyrocketing that is likely for the guy who retires a year later as well. He's been selling out crowds since year 1. His retirement season will not be different.
Always enjoy Laker fans. It's (Great Western) Forum Club Class and Wichita, Kansas trailer park sass in Okc. A home game in Phoenix and Sacramento for Lakers fans.
Fozzie
BaylorBears_254 said:

Luka may get a triple double on every franchise THIS YEAR!
Keyser Soze
Fozzie said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Luka may get a triple double on every franchise THIS YEAR!
Every?

Keyser Soze
Luka 35 pt triple double in 25 min VS GS

fewest min played in a 30 pt + triple double ever
BaylorBears_254
Yea stop...Lukas great but he aint Bron.

Hey Fozzie, who was Lukas favorite player growing up? Oh yea i know. GOATBRON.
Keyser Soze
LBJ is arguably the GOAT. (Wilt, KAJ, and Jordan all have arguments in the discussion)

Luka's numbers are extraordinary for his age, but you need a full career for GOAT talk. Don't really think anyone is really going there anyway.

Just enjoy.

BaylorBears_254
In Fozzies mind, he even thinks Marcus Smart is even the second coming of Jordan.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
BaylorBears_254 said:

In Fozzies mind, he even thinks Marcus Smart is even the second coming of Jordan.
I almost spit up my drink all over the computer on this one
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Fozzie
Keyzer interesting post on that Mavs thread about Luka being the most efficient player in the NBA. Woj pod had a good podcast on Luka this past week. Donnie Nelson also wanted Greek Freak really bad. Good thing the Mavs listened to him on Luka.
Keyser Soze
Fozzie said:

Keyzer interesting post on that Mavs thread about Luka being the most efficient player in the NBA. Woj pod had a good podcast on Luka this past week. Donnie Nelson also wanted Greek Freak really bad. Good thing the Mavs listened to him on Luka.

Sadly I am well aware of this. They over ruled Donnie and moved down. Donnie was also behind picking the big German. After the freak they were determin to get Luka after Donnie's recommendation.

Mavs have planned cap space to have room for an offer when the freak is a FA.
BaylorBears_254
Honest question, you guys think Luka is going to go the Dirk route and stay a Mav for his entire career?
Keyser Soze
BaylorBears_254 said:

Honest question, you guys think Luka is going to go the Dirk route and stay a Mav for his entire career?

Yes, but not necessarily the same reasons. The new "Super Max" contract makes the few who can get it not to change teams.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
BaylorBears_254 said:

tough to say, definitely have to have pieces around him. Guys like Dirk, the Spurs trio and DWade are rare. Most of these players want to win and feel confident that there are 2-3 superstars together.

So with that being said... odds are low that he stays a career Mav. I would love to see it.
Fozzie
I loved the NBA when superstars didn't tuck tail and chase rings like some do these days. Guys like Bird, Stockton, Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Isaiah, Dr J were revered for mostly sticking with one franchise for their career. I realize portly post retirement Jordan had a two year stint with the Wizards in his late 30s and still averaged over 20 ppg.

Keyser Soze

FWIW - NBA did not have it's first true unrestricted FA until 1988.

BaylorBears_254
How is it tucking tail and running?

Bron was never going to win in Cleveland that first go around...they refused to trade JJ HICKSON for Amare Stoudemire...They were never going to get him the help he needed and he would've been looking very similar to guys like Damien Lillard, AI, Melo... and many more who chased the money over a chance at a title.

Fwi, Kobe wanted a trade if LA didn't improve the roster, that's when they went and got him Pau Gasol.

The NBA is a lot different now, way more star players in the league at the exact same time now, and a lot of them are on the same team

xiledinok
BaylorBears_254 said:

How is it tucking tail and running?

Bron was never going to win in Cleveland that first go around...they refused to trade JJ HICKSON for Amare Stoudemire...They were never going to get him the help he needed and he would've been looking very similar to guys like Damien Lillard, AI, Melo... and many more who chased the money over a chance at a title.

Fwi, Kobe wanted a trade if LA didn't improve the roster, that's when they went and got him Pau Gasol.

The NBA is a lot different now, way more star players in the league at the exact same time now, and a lot of them are on the same team

There's more teams today with more foreign players.
Keyser Soze
NBA is a "Star" league. It has always been full of stars

Bird
Magic
Dr J
Jabbar
Worthy
Moses Malone
Alex English
Buck Williams
Alvin Roberstson
Ro Blackmon
some kid named Jordan

Side Note: was at that game
BaylorBears_254
Keyser Soze said:

Bird
Magic
Dr J
Jabbar
Worthy
Moses Malone
Alex English
Buck Williams
Alvin Roberstson
Ro Blackmon
some kid named Jordan

Imo, way more stars in today's game, even borderline role players are stars.
Keyser Soze
BaylorBears_254 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Bird
Magic
Dr J
Jabbar
Worthy
Moses Malone
Alex English
Buck Williams
Alvin Roberstson
Ro Blackmon
some kid named Jordan

We are working off some very different definitions - the word role player and star can not be used to describe the same person.

BaylorBears_254
Keyser Soze said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Bird
Magic
Dr J
Jabbar
Worthy
Moses Malone
Alex English
Buck Williams
Alvin Roberstson
Ro Blackmon
some kid named Jordan

We are working off some very different definitions - the word role player and star can not be used to describe the same person.

In today's game it honestly can...Just look at guys like Lou Will, he's a role player, but puts up star numbers and plays like a star.

Draymond Green, although Steph and Curry make that team, they dont win without him in the past championships.

There are many other guys out there, just can't think of any.
The league is so advanced now tho.
Keyser Soze
BaylorBears_254 said:

Keyser Soze said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Bird
Magic
Dr J
Jabbar
Worthy
Moses Malone
Alex English
Buck Williams
Alvin Roberstson
Ro Blackmon
some kid named Jordan

In today's game it honestly can...Just look at guys like Lou Will, he's a role player, but puts up star numbers and plays like a star.

Draymond Green, although Steph and Curry make that team, they dont win without him in the past championships.

And the Showtime Lakers don't beat the Celtics without A C Green who has almost identical stats to Draymond ...... I'm just not calling him a star

The stats do not bear it out that the league is appreciably better. 86 (my allstar game above) had an offensive rating of 107.2 vs 108.4 last year. With rule changes made to favor offense, hand check rules for example, you can make a good case the 86 number was better. Now to then, the league shoots much better from three and worse from two.

BaylorBears_254
Keyser Soze said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Keyser Soze said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Bird
Magic
Dr J
Jabbar
Worthy
Moses Malone
Alex English
Buck Williams
Alvin Roberstson
Ro Blackmon
some kid named Jordan

And the Showtime Lakers don't beat the Celtics without A C Green who has almost identical stats to Draymond ...... I'm just not calling him a star

The stats do not bear it out that the league is appreciably better. 86 (my allstar game above) had an offensive rating of 107.2 vs 108.4 last year. With rule changes made to favor offense, hand check rules for example, you can make a good case the 86 number was better. Now to then, the league shoots much better from three and worse from two.

You gotta make the case that players are bigger, faster, and more athletic than back then. A lot fo guys wouldn't be able to keep up with the dudes now.

Different eras tho, so we'll never know.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.