Kim's silence on BG situation

41,021 Views | 279 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bone Squad
lookin4awin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Malbec said:

This thread needs a padlock. The kind that can take a bullet and not come open.
Amen. It's this thread that needs a 9 year sentence to a Siberian penal colony.
BearFan33
Personally, I think BG is a political prisoner unless one provides me data of regular folks getting the same punishment for the same crime in Russia. I have a feeling this is the kind of problem 100,000 rubles to the right person fixes in most cases (but I could be wrong)

As someone from the BU family, I hope she gets out soon.

I don't think we can tarnish KM unless someone has asked her about it and she refused to comment. Did that happen?
PartyBear
I have high praise for CNC for her statements (via twitter) about the matter over the past couple of days.
Leonidas

Mothballs
Brusinbear2001 said:

it's not even about if she is guilty or not and what anyone believes.

Could have stopped writing there but...

But like there is no support to her as a individual at all.

No support? President Biden, US State Department, WNBA, WNBA Players Association, NBA, BG's wife and family? What other Americans held in Russia are getting this kind of support? All of us as a Baylor family supported her when she punched that Tech girl in the face.

No matter what she is a human being that we all once supported at this university. I personally hope she is okay as a human not even a basketball player level a human being level. But her coach the one who recruited her to come to our university. has nothing to say about a player that helped her be in these Hall Of Fame Coaching conversations.

Every coach in America recruited BG. Mulkey wouldn't be doing her job if she didn't recruit BG. With or without Griner Kim was getting into the HoF for her body of work though out her entire career. It was never a question of IF but WHEN.

If i was a recruit i would honestly think about that and how because they didn't see eye to eye it seems as if she couldn't care less about her.

We aren't seeing a mass defection of LSU players to the transfer portal. Only time will tell about her future recruiting but the odds are in her favor.

That's just my opinion and yes you an have your own as well!!

Time and time again BG has made terrible decisions in her life and time and time again we as Baylor fans are asked to support these decisions. When will it end?
Brusinbear2001
for the first comment you mentioned l i was saying because she is a human being regardless. not that it doesn't matter that she has a charge in a different country. because obviously if she didn't have the charge it wouldn't even be a topic of discussion. But her well being is important that's what i meant by that.

When i was talking about the support of her as a individual it was about coach mulkey ever since BG left Baylor has she given her support at all period. Because she has for other athletes that came out of the program. Which is pretty crazy because besides RG3 i believe BG is the first athlete people think of when you mention Baylor.

The 3rd thing you said about her being in the Hall of Fame she probably would be but you would be crazy to say those teams that included BG and the national championship she won at Baylor University did not help with her getting there.

We haven't seen it yet just like you said. But like i said where you broke it off was that it was my personal opinion and yes you are allowed to have your own.

And the last thing that was added about having to support her and back her was not a issue when there was a chance for a national championship everytime she played a season at Baylor. It was easy to support her then. When she started having her own voice after Baylor that's when it seems to become difficult to support her which is pretty crazy to me. and like Coach Nicki said BG has helped create this a destination school for womens basketball. If you didn't see Nalyssa post on social media BG was her idol so obviously is has made impacts for recruiting. But i will just leave it at that.
WacoKelly83
sicem45
WacoKelly83 said:

Nicki is pure class and a kind soul. We needed someone like her to lead this program. She will continue to make Baylor an elite program and recruits are taking notice. I promise you.

MAGA Mulkey will get nailed in recruiting down the road because of this. A simple "we hope you get home safe" would suffice but she doesn't care about her players
Mothballs
sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Nicki is pure class and a kind soul. We needed someone like her to lead this program. She will continue to make Baylor an elite program and recruits are taking notice. I promise you.

MAGA Mulkey will get nailed in recruiting down the road because of this. A simple "we hope you get home safe" would suffice but she doesn't care about her players

I wish Nicki all of the luck in the world but you are dead wrong about "MAGA Mulkey's " recruiting. She signed a two player class in 2022 (4* guard from Georgia and a 4* forward from Texas). She has two commitments for 2023... the #1 player in the country and a 4* wing from Illinois. Do you even know anything about basketball???

baylorbear33
Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

I wish Nicki all of the luck in the world but you are dead wrong about "MAGA Mulkey's " recruiting. She signed a two player class in 2022 (4* guard from Georgia and a 4* forward from Texas). She only has one commitment for 2023... the #1 player in the country. Do you even know anything about basketball???

I can answer that for youโ€ฆ sicem45 is an absolute dumba$$ when it comes to basketball. He has an axe to grind and can only manage to make himself look more and more ignorant with each comment.
Mothballs
baylorbear33 said:

Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

I wish Nicki all of the luck in the world but you are dead wrong about "MAGA Mulkey's " recruiting. She signed a two player class in 2022 (4* guard from Georgia and a 4* forward from Texas). She only has one commitment for 2023... the #1 player in the country. Do you even know anything about basketball???

I can answer that for youโ€ฆ sicem45 is an absolute dumba$$ when it comes to basketball. He has an axe to grind and can only manage to make himself look more and more ignorant with each comment.

At least (or most) he's good at something. It must feel amazing to achieve goals.
sicem45
Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

I wish Nicki all of the luck in the world but you are dead wrong about "MAGA Mulkey's " recruiting. She signed a two player class in 2022 (4* guard from Georgia and a 4* forward from Texas). She has two commitments for 2023... the #1 player in the country and a 4* wing from Illinois. Do you even know anything about basketball???

Only one top 20 player between the two classes. That ain't gonna get it done against SC and Tennessee. They'll be good not great

My comment is this BG situation will hurt them long term. Recruits are now just seeing what is really going on.
Mothballs
sicem45 said:

Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Only one top 20 player between the two classes. That ain't gonna get it done against SC and Tennessee. They'll be good not great

My comment is this BG situation will hurt them long term. Recruits are now just seeing what is really going on.

This "BG situation" will not hurt her recruiting in the least. As a matter of fact it's still not too late for Mulkey to snag Sammy Wagner in this class. She already has an established relationship with Sammy. How many LSU players have hit the transfer portal because of this "BG situation?
Mothballs
Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

This "BG situation" will not hurt her recruiting in the least. As a matter of fact it's still not too late for Mulkey to snag Sammy Wagner in this class. She already has an established relationship with Sammy. How many LSU players have hit the transfer portal because of this "BG situation"?
BylrFan
Twitter is starting to notice

sicem45
BylrFan said:

Twitter is starting to notice

She showed her true colors. Just a disgusting person.

Glad Baylor is rid of her. We don't need that negative publicity around our program
sicem45
Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

This "BG situation" will not hurt her recruiting in the least. As a matter of fact it's still not too late for Mulkey to snag Sammy Wagner in this class. She already has an established relationship with Sammy. How many LSU players have hit the transfer portal because of this "BG situation?

She isn't going to LSU. The fact that she visited every other school but TCU and LSU on her finalist list before committing to Texas says it all.

Wagner is visiting USC right now and is visiting A&M for an official later. Bet she ends up at A&M
IowaBear
You're such a clown, there's a reason not a single poster on here takes anything you say serious. I'm convinced your either Mack or CNC herself. Bravo on the troll job. Also I find it hilarious you're still beating the "wrongfully detained" drum when BG herself admitted she was guilty and in the wrong.
sicem45
IowaBear said:

You're such a clown, there's a reason not a single poster on here takes anything you say serious. I'm convinced your either Mack or CNC herself. Bravo on the troll job. Also I find it hilarious you're still beating the "wrongfully detained" drum when BG herself admitted she was guilty and in the wrong.

Not a troll job. I just happen to know her very well and what she is like behind the scenes.

She's a good coach, terrible person with poor moral values. She is anti gay and comes across as racist with her comments and jokes. Just as bad she is a giant trump supporter. Why do you think she is known as MAGA Mulkey? It's not a good look.

Feel free to DM, I have no issues sharing all the horror stories that really went on behind the scenes.
Dcheetah
Sicem 45 has a lot more knowledge about what is being posted than those on here making demeaning comments and I know 33 is an ex-player. Maybe we could just agree to disagree without all the angry comments. To Sicem's credit, comments are kept on topic and without name calling
BluesBear
Leonidas said:

Seriously.....you coach at a Christian institution and you use colored heart symbols are if you need to recognize that lunatic .0001% of the population.
PartyBear
Ummโ€ฆ.those are Baylor and the Phoenix colors. But even if not who cares.
baylorbear33
Dcheetah said:

Sicem 45 has a lot more knowledge about what is being posted than those on here making demeaning comments and I know 33 is an ex-player. Maybe we could just agree to disagree without all the angry comments. To Sicem's credit, comments are kept on topic and without name calling

So sicem45 calling CKM a disgusting, terrible person with no moral values doesn't qualify as demeaning or name calling? If you want to call me out for name calling, that's fine. I'll own it and stand by what I said, but let's apply the same threshold to everyone.
Proud 1992 Alum
BluesBear said:

Leonidas said:

Seriously.....you coach at a Christian institution and you use colored heart symbols are if you need to recognize that lunatic .0001% of the population.

Green & Gold - Baylor colors
Purple & Orange - Phoenix Mercury colors

Nothing to do with LGBT.
Dcheetah
CKM can defend herself well without any help from any of us. CKM is also not on this thread. I'm referring to repeated comments by posters vs other posters. If CKM was on this thread and Sicem said that I would say the same thing to that poster. Why do you care so much about that posters opinion? Don't get triggered. Just ignore it and express your own opinion. Win more flies with honey and civil discourse should be the standard, not the exception.

And you are right, there are less inflammatory ways to say the same thing.
ScottS
sicem45 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

I feel like this is an emotional response to the situation. Mulkey has always recruited well and most likely will continue to do so.
Bear3
Nicki Collen is a class act. I am more impressed with her as a person and as a coach every day. We are so fortunate to have her!
ScottS
Bear3 said:

Nicki Collen is a class act. I am more impressed with her as a person and as a coach every day. We are so fortunate to have her!
100% agree
Eball
I love CNC and support her and the Lady Bears 100%...I also think Kim is a great coach and person and appreciated all she did for our program! See I can do both.

I had dinner last night with head athletic trainer at our local D-3 who way back when was on staff at La Tech when Kim was Asst coach to Leon...she is a person of color and had nothing but great things to say about Kim and working with her and being involved with her.

I don't care who you are or what you do if you are successful and in a leadership role you will make some people mad, disappoint some and create enemies...the proof is in continued success...if you as bad as your worst detractor says you are, no success will follow...if you as great as your greatest booster thinks you are, you will never lose...truth in between.
PartyBear
It is a no brainer however to express concern and the best for a former player in an unprecedented situation. It looks like KM is starting to get deserved criticism about this spreading on social media.

I have to say I was a critic about our allowing the parting of ways to occur. KM is convincing me it was for the best however. She would be giving Baylor a black eye right now at PR disaster levels if she was still here.
Eball
BG was a favorite to watch and I appreciate what she did for BU. She also took shots at BU and Kim after she left. While I hope she is treated fairly in Russia she broke their laws and she is subject to same. Not the first American to get arrested and imprisoned on foreign soil. She getting special attention and treatment because of her celebrity. Other American citizens not as fortunate. It is ironic that the Country she criticized and gave her so much is now offering to swap a dangerous Russia criminal for her. I can understand why a lot of folks see this differently than others.
PartyBear
As someone said somewhere. Don't remember if it was here. BG flies into Moscow or Russia frequently. โ€ฆ..and she just happened to have done this on the eve of Putin's planned (though obviously ill planned) invasion of Ukraine when tensions between the West and Russia have not been as high since the early 80s?
Mothballs
PartyBear said:

As someone said somewhere. Don't remember if it was here. BG flies into Moscow or Russia frequently. โ€ฆ..and she just happened to have done this on the eve of Putin's planned (though obviously ill planned) invasion of Ukraine when tensions between the West and Russia have not been as high since the early 80s?

Are you suggesting that Russia planted the goodies in Griner's luggage as part of Putin's diabolical plan to take over the world lol??
drahthaar
BylrFan said:

Bone Squad said:

Even assuming she had cannabis as accused, they hammered her under the flimsy pretense that she was trafficking it in large quantities as a dealer, which I think any reasonable person would know is preposterous. I think this is a naked political move by a corrupt government, full stop.

That said, I always find it odd when people play the game of "this celebrity/public figure hasn't spoken out enough about such and such topics." Why does anyone care about the lack of tweet by Kim Mulkey, or MC Hammer, or the Coca Cola? I am no expert in international politics, but I feel certain that Putin's decisions are effected precisely 0% by the opinion of any American celebrity. If you wanted to make the argument that attention is needed so that our own government gets involved, then I could at least see the point, but as it stands, Biden has addressed Griner's situation specifically and at least claims to be working diligently on it. Which effectively leaves any celebrity's comments on it totally useless. We could let the appropriate people do their jobs and not worry about any public figure's verbal posturing or lack thereof.

Mulkey wouldn't be where she is today without BG. It's a bad look regardless. Glad she's not on the Baylor team because recruits are seeing the real Kim

Hard "no" on The secret of Kim's success. That's a really bad take.
sicem45
baylorbear33 said:

Dcheetah said:

So sicem45 calling CKM a disgusting, terrible person with no moral values doesn't qualify as demeaning or name calling? If you want to call me out for name calling, that's fine. I'll own it and stand by what I said, but let's apply the same threshold to everyone.

I am speaking the facts, from my in person dealings with her and her actions. She is a racist and homophobe. A giant trump supporter. The thought of her name being put on the court is sickening. You can have a good basketball coach with good moral values. LSUs recruiting will tank because of this. A top 2024 recruit recently said she isn't considering LSU now because of this

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.