Interesting names in the portal

52,678 Views | 353 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by sicem45
TechDawgMc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

Just glancing at a map I would have never guessed it's 10 hrs from BR to Orlando.

I-10 is a long slog. Pensacola to Lake City in Florida will make you think the drive will never end.

I suspect 10 hours would be almost non stop, too
Born_A_Bear
She's at LSU for official visit.
https://www.nola.com/sports/lsu/hailey-van-lith-on-lsus-campus-today-for-official-visit/article_4423e67e-de06-11ed-9d31-539d9e03bd1f.html
Baylorbearsupporter
74Bear
Per Raoul

DePaul WBB transfer Aneesah Morrow (6-1 SO wing/forward, Chicago, IL) has announced her top 3 schools: LSU, South Carolina, Southern Cal
IowaBear
Can't see anyway LSU lands both HVL and a Morrow. Betting she's SC bound
Brusinbear2001
I could see USC because it being LA she will still be a big piece in a big conference and the energy around the program will be good because Juju is a Southern Cal native. I think she will for sure have that team in a post-season threat conversation depending on how Juju can make that jump which I have high hopes.
IowaBear
Very possible. It'll be interesting to see where her and HVL end up when the dust settles
BaylorBears_254
JuJu at USC is a freaking prodigy. Best WBB player i've seen coming out of high school in a while.

Add Morrow and they may have the best duo in WBB
Brusinbear2001
I think HVL has to be going to LSU she is a do not contact and has been on their campus already I think it is clear she knows that she wants.
blackie
Brusinbear2001 said:

I think HVL has to be going to LSU she is a do not contact and has been on their campus already I think it is clear she knows that she wants.
If so, the egos on that team would be on a scale seldom seen. But do not contact doesn't necessarily mean she is looking at only one team. The list may just be that of particular schools that are under consideration.
BaylorBears_254
Lmao people keep mentioning these "egos", what ****ing egos? If this was the case, those egos brought that team together and they won a Championship.

The whole "ego" **** is so pointless. A bunch of outside mfs speaking like they know what the hell is going on lol. Just stop
slimecap
74Bear said:

DePaul WBB transfer Aneesah Morrow (6-1 SO wing/forward, Chicago, IL) has announced her top 3 schools: LSU, South Carolina, Southern Cal

I heard that Morrow is visiting Southern Cal campus today (Saturday, April 22)
Bear3
I could definitely see Morrow going to USC. She and JuJu would be the stars of the team and NIL would be very good. LSU will likely get HVL and I cannot see Morrow wanting to play "3rd fiddle " behind her and Reese.
Dcheetah
Dcheetah

https://byucougars.com/athlete/w-basketball/1289991/lauren-gustin

Great replacement for Porter and incredibly producrive.
Doesn't have the height we want and plays a loaded spot ( Bella, DLB Aijha, Dre) but Bella and Aijha will probably play more wing and Dre will sub at 5 and playing more positionless Bball anyway means we could make her fit if she would come.
slimecap
IowaBear
PaoPao from Oregon committed to SC I believe
Dcheetah
Knew she visited. Good pick up.
IowaBear
Yup, one of the top 10 portal entrants imo.
Dcheetah
Just saw she has only 1 yr eligibility so that might matter to our coaches who have expressed a preference for players having at least 2 yrs to play.
IowaBear
She should have 2, unless she falls after the Covid free year. She's played 3 I believe
Dcheetah
Thx
Brusinbear2001
Sakima Walker is a Juco prospect she first played at Rutgers and then played Juco last season. She is a 6'5 post player that is versatile. I know the coaches follow her but she has been on visits to Ole Miss and South Carolina.
Bears09
Denae Fritz out of Iowa State just committed! Loved her game and good size!

blueeyedbear
Bears09 said:

BOOM !! YESSSSS. I thought she was going back home and a Tennessee lock. BOOM
Bone Squad
This is a huge and welcome surprise!
Brusinbear2001
Dre'Una Edwards Pts 16.8 Reb 8.4 Ast 1.7
Aijha Blackwell Pts 15.4 Reb 13.0 Ast 1.7
Yaya Felder Pts 22.0 Reb 5.1 Ast 4.0
Jada Walker Pts 12.9 Reb 3.1 Ast 3.1
Denae Fritz Pts 8.8 Reb 4.6 1.2
Madison Bartley Pts 14.1 Reb 5.1 Ast 1.1

Total
Pts 90.0
Reb 39.3
Ast 12.9

These are the numbers we are getting from the portal next season. Some teams do not even score that many points so just imagine when you add Buggs Bella Sarah to that lineup. It will be crazy to see a team like that on the court. The Versatility is going to be crazy. Just Imagine if Kyla, Cat, or Jana can make a huge jump this offseason this will be a tough team!!!
BaylorBears_254
Have a feeling the team is going to mesh very well. Like i said, when healthy, it'll be NC's first season with her team (minus Andrews).

The transfer portal is amazing.
Chibears2
The effect of a deeper, more talented roster doesn't just help come game time. It will make practices and competition for playing time VERY challenging! Everyone will have to up their game. And as has already been stated, will allow for fresher legs at end of game and end of season. With such a deep bench (with experience!), we will be able to absorb and overcome injuries better. As stated, team chemistry and player management may be greatest challenge, but coming from WNBA, CNC has experience creating a team from current roster + "free agents."

Excited about next season. Had knee replacement surgery (which I had fought for years!), just to be able to navigate McClane and Foster stairs and make it from car to tailgate to venue. Only 6 weeks out, so still in "training" but super excited for next fall and winter!!!! <multiple exclamation marks indicating super excitement
ScottS
Bears09 said:

If you read the replies you will find some sour grapes ISU comments.
Lynnp550
So, is there someone still in the portal that would add even more depth than what we already have? Anybody??
Max Roguespierre
Jewel Spear just hit the portal out of Wake Forest. With the number of guards already on the Baylor roster, I very much doubt that she will consider the Bears. She is a great perimeter shooter and scorer though.
blairbear
Two players in the portal that I think might be great fits for Baylor are Ioanna Chatzileonti from Kansas and Lauren Gustin from BYU. Either would be great front court additions. Chatzileonti has a nice offensive game. She averaged over 20 points in the two games against Baylor in 2021-22 season and missed most of this season with injury. Gustin is a rebounding machine, relentless effort. Yes we have 13 players right now, but never be afraid to add talent to your team.
blueeyedbear
blairbear said:

Two players in the portal that I think might be great fits for Baylor are Ioanna Chatzileonti from Kansas and Lauren Gustin from BYU. Either would be great front court additions. Chatzileonti has a nice offensive game. She averaged over 20 points in the two games against Baylor in 2021-22 season and missed most of this season with injury. Gustin is a rebounding machine, relentless effort. Yes we have 13 players right now, but never be afraid to add talent to your team.
Both solid recruits. Either one would help the BU program

If I had to make the decision I would go for Gustin - she has been a double digit rebounder for the last three years despite not being that big. High basketball IQ. and solid fundamentals.
Dcheetah
Has Justine Pissot signed anywhere? She could be a great add.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.