Interesting names in the portal

52,690 Views | 353 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by sicem45
blackie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottS said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Sedona Prince switched high schools and it was everyone else's fault.
She switched AAU teams and it was everyone else's fault.
She switched colleges and it was UT's fault.
Now she is switching from Oregon to TCU [yes, the former Oregon top assistant who was at Sac State is the new TCU HC]. He is legit.

She definitely has size and talent.
She also comes with a clear history of dysfunctional relationships. And they are never her fault.
Maybe the seventh time is the charm.

Or maybe TCU isn't her final stop....
If this is her 7th stop, how could she have any eligibility left to do it again. I thought only Shipley's got unlimited years of eligibility :-)
Dcheetah
Our recruits are #5,29,31 - this is a ranking from a more biased source but still interesting to look at and discuss.

https://www.worldexposurereport.com/news_article/show/1268189
Jorkel
Bear3 said:

Would be very interesting to see how she and Reese would get along…. Kim has # 1 recruit coming in but I am not sure what position she plays. With the portal. top players are not going to sit on the bench for a year, even with championship caliber teams. Will definitely be interesting at LSU if HVL goes there,

I don't think there will be an incoming freshman better than HVL
Max Roguespierre
Hailey Van Lith had a fine NCAA Tournament but she is basically a volume scorer. Her FG% has declined to 41.1% and her 3P% fell to 29.3% this past season.

LSU's incoming freshman shooting guard is the number 2 recruit in the nation. Mulkey could potentially play Van Lith together with Flau'jae Johnson and Mikayla Williams.

That said, 1 or 2 seasons of Van Lith is not worth alienating an elite recruit. Williams is far more valuable to the Tigers than Van Lith.
woodsa75
Celeste Taylor that played at TX JUst hit the portal from Duke
Dcheetah
Justine Pissot from UTenn into the portal tonight.

Kendall Hunter (Tx) to A&M today.
slimecap
woodsa75 said:

Celeste Taylor that played at TX just hit the portal from Duke
Some rumblings say Vanderbilt.
Brusinbear2001
I was hearing South Carolina because of a coaching change. It is werid she made that big announcement just to be in the portal.
slimecap
Brusinbear2001 said:

I was hearing South Carolina because of a coaching change.
It is werid she made that big announcement just to be in the portal.
Brusinbear2001, Good insight!

blueeyedbear
Brusinbear2001 said:

I was hearing South Carolina because of a coaching change. It is werid she made that big announcement just to be in the portal.
Ya, makes sense to me that she would follow the coach that recruited her Texas transfer.
Baylorbearsupporter
Do y'all think we will have another transfer coming in with a roster of 14 already?
Coach is still following:
Lauren betts (stanford)
Aneesah morrow (DePaul)
Lexi donarski (Iowa state)
Kiki Jefferson (JMU)
Kennedy Cambridge (Kentucky)

They said 4 people visited campus, three people have commited, is there another?

Who would y'all want it be if it is another person?
Bear3
I would not think Nicki would take another player unless she is top 5 player in portal like Betts, Donorski or Morrow. Rumor is that Betts is headed to UCLA. I could see Donarski wanting a Midwest team closer to home and not sure about Morrow. I think it would truly have to be a top player for Nicki to add anyone else.
ScottS
Baylorbearsupporter said:

Do y'all think we will have another transfer coming in with a roster of 14 already?
Coach is still following:
Lauren betts (stanford)
Aneesah morrow (DePaul)
Lexi donarski (Iowa state)
Kiki Jefferson (JMU)
Kennedy Cambridge (Kentucky)

They said 4 people visited campus, three people have commited, is there another?

Who would y'all want it be if it is another person?
Morrow
woodsa75
CHAZALIONTE FROM Kansas is in the portal. I know I misspelled the name
Brusinbear2001
Jefferson is down to UNC and Louisville so we are out of that picture, like someone else said I have seen a lot of things hinting at Colorado and UCLA for Betts. Morrow is going to release a top 3 soon. I wouldn't mind her being here but I just wonder how that impacts the minutes and how the team would play. I think if we got her through a final 4 could be in our future. But if she is looking for something like NIL I could see her going somewhere like Tennessee or South Carolina. I agree with Donarski I think people have said Indiana is a likely landing spot for her.
slimecap
Brusinbear2001 said:

Morrow is going to release a top 3 soon.

UPDATE
April 12, 2023

Photo posted Feb 27, 2022

ANEESAH MORROW
Transfer Portal: DePaul to ?

Colleges that have contacted her include
BIG 12 Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas & Kansas State
ACC Boston College, UNC, NC State, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Virginia & Wake Forest
BIG 10 Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State & Penn State
PAC-12 Arizona & USouthern Cal
SEC Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss & South Carolina

- Alexa Philippou, ESPN
BuinmyBlood
Morrow is an interesting situation. Remember that Nicki apparently went pretty hard after another major DePaul talent last time in Sonja Morris - who ended up putting up pretty impressive numbers for Texas. Word from Sic 'Em was that she took the NIL deal, when others (my own sources - can't vouch for reliability of info) had thought she might have already committed to Baylor.

Morris was also the one who had apparently unpleasant things to say to Van Lith post-game, after Texas got spanked by Louisville in the tourney.

Makes you wonder - is Texas after Morrow? And would BU have an advantage or disadvantage possibly, given the history with BU and Morris...
slimecap
woodsa75 said:

Celeste Taylor that played at TX Just hit the portal from Duke

UPDATE
April 17, 2023

74Bear
Kiki Jefferson to Louisville and Diamond Johnson enters portal out of NC St.
slimecap
BUVA said:

With Morris leaving....
LSU would shell out $$ for a good point guard.
Not sure who is coming in with #1 class, but HVL has major experience.

Bear3
LSU will definitely pay big money for her. I wonder whose playing time she will impact ?
IowaBear
No one's… they have to replace Morris
Eball
Nothing will surprise me...knowing the history of her recruitment at BU Van Lith is likely to do just about anything so would not bank on her going to LSU just because she is visiting but on the other hand it makes LSU the favorite for now? If that makes sense.
blueeyedbear
Eball said:

Nothing will surprise me...knowing the history of her recruitment at BU Van Lith is likely to do just about anything so would not bank on her going to LSU just because she is visiting but on the other hand it makes LSU the favorite for now? If that makes sense.
Daddy VL is looking for the Benjamins - so the one offering the most Benjamins wins HVL. I wonder if LSU will pull the take the offer NOW or its off the table tactic they used with Angel ??
DFW Bill
Laureen Betts just committed to UCLA. Former #1 High School Player leaves Stanford after one year.
DFW Bill
HVL's father has made a fortune in the Real Estate business for a long time. He will let her make up her own mind. She already has a big following and NIL money coming in.
Brusinbear2001
I can understand why, she was going to play behind Brink for another year and it could be a year after this if she chose to do so. Betts has 4 years to play and she cannot give up a potential 3 years on the bench so I respect it from that point of view. This is a similar issue South Carolina could have ran into if they kept a player like Boston for her 5th year.
Brusinbear2001
who said she was going to try and be close to home, Lousiana is definitely not that so it was a bluff for sure. You have to think she is going to commit before she leaves see is a do not contact player she knows what she wants. I really cannot picture her being anywhere else if I am being honest.
IowaBear
Gotta think with Betts committing the 3 most sought after left in portal are HVL, Morrow, and Diamond Johnson. Oregon has a few in the portal as well who are extremely talented
IowaBear
Walz said something about her being close to home. The longtime BF is in Orlando so perhaps that's playing a role as well
slimecap
Brusinbear2001 said:

who said she was going to try and be close to home,
Louisiana is definitely not that so it was a bluff for sure.

Brusinbear2001
Just interesting he says that with the way it is now playing out.
DFW Bill
Has the Wicked Witch of Waco now become The Bad B-h of Baton Rouge?

It appears she strikes again friends.
geewago
IowaBear said:

Walz said something about her being close to home. The longtime BF is in Orlando so perhaps that's playing a role as well
Boy if that's the logic I don't get it. It's 12 1/2 hrs to Orlando from Lewyville. 10 1/2 from Baton Rouge. I'd be thinking airplane either way. But I knew a man that moved from Albuquerque to San Diego to be closer to family. So I says oh you got folks in Southern Caly, he said no they live in Seattle. I said Hmmm?
IowaBear
Just glancing at a map I would have never guessed it's 10 hrs from BR to Orlando.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.