Interesting names in the portal

52,861 Views | 353 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by sicem45
blueeyedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brusinbear2001 said:

I also think with Brink having 1 if not 2 years she will still be behind her on the depth chart.
Ya Brink's the real deal !!

I am not sure how good Lauren's coaching has been up till now.
There is potential there - can someone bring it out ??? that's the $ 60,000.00 question.
Max Roguespierre
Betts is already an excellent half court player with the caveat that she needs to fix her free throw shooting. Betts has all the moves, she is just not especially quick and runs like the big woman that she is.

Posts rarely run like Brink or Cardoso.
Brusinbear2001
I'm betting on Betts to UCONN or UCLA
blueeyedbear
Max Roguespierre said:

Betts is already an excellent half court player with the caveat that she needs to fix her free throw shooting. Betts has all the moves, she is just not especially quick and runs like the big woman that she is.

Posts rarely run like Brink or Cardoso.
True.

I remember Kim in practice constantly being on Kalani's back side about running faster.
74Bear
Hailey Van Lith officially in the portal.
BUVA
74Bear said:

Let the bidding begin!
pilgrim
The portal transfers are determining the haves and have nots. I'm not optimistic.
blackie
74Bear said:

Don't know if I would want to touch her with a 10' pole. Seems like a potential bomb in team chemistry for most any team. How many years does she have left?
IowaBear
Weird take
Bear3
I would be shocked if Nicki would be interested in her.
Wbbfan29
She listed herself as do not contact which means she already knows where she is going or has already narrowed selected schools.
blackie
Bear3 said:

I would be shocked if Nicki would be interested in her.
I'd be shocked if she was interested in Baylor. She passed on us when Kim was here. And to another response above, I just think her ego is way out of bounds (and apparently her father is a piece of work, as well). Team chemistry is not only affected by what goes on in the locker room, but also what is going on in the stands with the parents.
BUatbirth
I remember HVL was a BU lock and flipped. Was gonna come in with Andrews
Old300Bear
Rumor was tha daddy made a deal forHVL's services.
Stefano DiMera
2 years of eligibility left.
BU71
pilgrim said:

The portal transfers are determining the haves and have nots. I'm not optimistic.
It seems to me that some highly rated players will choose schools based more on the value of the NIL packages they are offered. Other players will also consider coaching, chemistry, and the total school environment. My concern is that some highly rated players will put more stock on NIL that other considerations, which is understandable given the rules. Schools that can't offer the largest NIL deals will need to rely on player evaluation, coaching, chemistry, and intangibles to be successful. I believe Baylor will continue to have a successful WBB program even in the face of current events.
Adriacus Peratuun
The novelty of winning through buying WBB players will wear off.

Show Wealth always moves on to the next showpiece buy fairly quickly.

BTW……before getting worried about HVL go back and watch the 2019 USA U19 where HVL and PB basically froze out CC and other teammates they didn't like by refusing to pass them the ball. There were possessions where HVL would take 15-20 dribbles and wait for an action for a preferred teammate [or shoot herself] rather than pass to other teammates in better spots.

It was equally as bad on the 2018 USA U17 team.

boatergal
I've heard rumors to LSU too. She flipped right before signing day from BU to Louisville after spending the summer playing on USA Basketball coached by Jeff Walz, Louisville. Great player…
blueeyedbear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

BTW……before getting worried about HVL go back and watch the 2019 USA U19 where HVL and PB basically froze out CC and other teammates they didn't like by refusing to pass them the ball. There were possessions where HVL would take 15-20 dribbles and wait for an action for a preferred teammate [or shoot herself] rather than pass to other teammates in better spots.

Weren't both teams coached by Jeff Walz ??
Adriacus Peratuun
blueeyedbear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Weren't both teams coached by Jeff Walz ??
My recollection is that Walz coached U17 and Cory Close coached U19.
Bear3
It will be extremely entertaining to see the huge egos of HVL and Angel Reese on the same team…….
GrizBear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Clown show is back
GrizBear
Bear3 said:

It will be extremely entertaining to see the huge egos of HVL and Angel Reese on the same team…….
Will have plenty of chances to see LSU on national TV
Baylor, not so much
boatergal
Good point…even more curious what the incoming #1 recruiting class thinks…it's hard to keep all the super stars on a team happy…but who knows where HVL will land. She's a great player who appeared to play well at Louisville and was a great teammate I never heard anything to contrary
BUVA
boatergal said:

I've heard rumors to LSU too. She flipped right before signing day from BU to Louisville after spending the summer playing on USA Basketball coached by Jeff Walz, Louisville. Great player…

With Morris leaving....LSU would shell out $$ for a good point guard. Don't think the "culture fit" rule applies on the bayou. Not sure who is coming in with #1 class, but HVL has major experience. LSU already gave CKM an open checkbook. Has to be schools with big $$$, like Oregon Nike $.
boatergal
BUVA said:

boatergal said:

With Morris leaving....LSU would shell out $$ for a good point guard. Don't think the "culture fit" rule applies on the bayou. Not sure who is coming in with #1 class, but HVL has major experience. LSU already gave CKM an open checkbook. Has to be schools with big $$$, like Oregon Nike $.
I totally agree! $$$ rules! HVL probably has a COVID year too…but my bet is she plays point guard one more year at a super talented program and goes to WNBA. LSU is probably a great fit for her. Can't blame her for seeking best opportunities
Bear3
Would be very interesting to see how she and Reese would get along…. Kim has # 1 recruit coming in but I am not sure what position she plays. With the portal. top players are not going to sit on the bench for a year, even with championship caliber teams. Will definitely be interesting at LSU if HVL goes there,

605Bear
blueeyedbear said:

74Bear said:

Sources on Twitter saying Sedona Prince withdraws from wnba draft and enters portal.
Giving credit, reported by Em Adler, whoever that is
Its true - I wonder if Vic will bring her back to Texas ???
blueeyedbear
605Bear said:

blueeyedbear said:

74Bear said:

Sources on Twitter saying Sedona Prince withdraws from wnba draft and enters portal.

WOH I did not see that coming !!!
605Bear
blueeyedbear said:

605Bear said:

blueeyedbear said:

74Bear said:

Not sure if their time overlapped, but I think TCU's new head coach spent time at Oregon. Maybe there was a connection there?
blueeyedbear
605Bear said:

blueeyedbear said:

605Bear said:

blueeyedbear said:

74Bear said:

Not sure if their time overlapped, but I think TCU's new head coach spent time at Oregon. Maybe there was a connection there?
AHHHH, You are right !!!
BUVA
blueeyedbear said:

605Bear said:

blueeyedbear said:

605Bear said:

blueeyedbear said:

74Bear said:

AHHHH, You are right !!!

Surely frogs not shelling out much $ for NIL, so the connection did it.
Adriacus Peratuun
Sedona Prince switched high schools and it was everyone else's fault.
She switched AAU teams and it was everyone else's fault.
She switched colleges and it was UT's fault.
Now she is switching from Oregon to TCU [yes, the former Oregon top assistant who was at Sac State is the new TCU HC]. He is legit.

She definitely has size and talent.
She also comes with a clear history of dysfunctional relationships. And they are never her fault.
Maybe the seventh time is the charm.

ScottS
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Sedona Prince switched high schools and it was everyone else's fault.
She switched AAU teams and it was everyone else's fault.
She switched colleges and it was UT's fault.
Now she is switching from Oregon to TCU [yes, the former Oregon top assistant who was at Sac State is the new TCU HC]. He is legit.

She definitely has size and talent.
She also comes with a clear history of dysfunctional relationships. And they are never her fault.
Maybe the seventh time is the charm.

Or maybe TCU isn't her final stop....
historian
MrGolfguy said:

BBWCBear said:

The last true three point threat BU had was Emily Niemann, a true three point threat.
Odyssey Sims & Juicy Landrum say hello.

Juicy still holds the record, I believe, for most made 3's in a D1 WBB game: 14.

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.