Non-Baylor BIG12 2024 NCAA Tourney Games

12,448 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Art Vandelay
BUVA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A place for folks to post about other BIG12 teams. Iowa State's Audi Crooks scored 40 points last night with 90% shooting against Maryland, tying Brittany Griner's record for most points scored by BIG12 player in tourney. ISU came from 20 points behind to defeat Maryland.
IowaBear
B12 has had a great 1st rd. Some really really tough matchups in the 2nd round though.
Honestly aside from Texas BU has the best chance at a S16 imo due to Kitley being sidelined. Girls gotta capitalize tomorrow
blackie
IowaBear said:

B12 has had a great 1st rd. Some really really tough matchups in the 2nd round though.
Honestly aside from Texas BU has the best chance at a S16 imo due to Kitley being sidelined. Girls gotta capitalize tomorrow
They tore Marshall up pretty good. Hopefully Marshall is pretty bad. The sad thing is that if we had perhaps two more baskets or two more stops in two games against ISU, we might could have had a 4 seed to give us home court. Big difference maker having home court.
blackie
In watching other games this weekend, I have come to one definite conclusion. I don't know how the CNC era will progress and I don't know if the AD did a good job getting NC or not, but I am sure glad nobody listened to many on this board (no one would) that wanted Barnes from AZ or Taylor from Georgia (now at A&M).
BUVA
Five seed OU squeaks by 12 seed FGCU 73-70. Folks will have to endure Boomer Sooner a bit longer.
IowaBear
Some really good games today. OU/FGC and KU/Mich have been great games. Marquette Ole Miss has been good too
IowaBear
WV ladies beating a pretty good Mid Major Princeton team
blackie
So I think the XII went 7 for 7 in opening round games. Have to admit that I was pulling for FGCU against OU.
BUVA
blackie said:

So I think the XII went 7 for 7 in opening round games. Have to admit that I was pulling for FGCU against OU.

Yeah, me too.
Leonidas
I think the only upset in the entire women's tourney so far has been Louisville losing. Higher seed has won every other game so far.
BUVA
Leonidas said:

I think the only upset in the entire women's tourney so far has been Louisville losing. Higher seed has won every other game so far.

And how sweet it was!
BUVA
Four seed K State goes down to 5 seed and future Big12 CO 63-50.
IowaBear
Had that one in my bracket had CO knocking off Iowa too. Not sure I'm confident in that but Go Buffs
blackie
IowaBear said:

Had that one in my bracket had CO knocking off Iowa too. Not sure I'm confident in that but Go Buffs
I thought CO was better than its seed the minute the brackets came out.
fredbear
West Virginia may take care of Iowa. Aggressive team.
ImABearToo
UH gets our favorite Drew tossing ref.
MrGolfguy
Iowa St playing one hell of a game at Stanford
MrGolfguy
Cameron Brink vs Audi Crooks has been an interesting match-up
BUVA
MrGolfguy said:

Iowa St playing one hell of a game at Stanford

And Cameron Brink ends her last home game by fouling out! This is a slugfest!
Dcheetah
Crooks has been shut down late by these bigs.
BUVA
#2 seed Stanford holds off #7 seed Iowa State in OT 87-81. Crooks fouled out with 10 points. Emily Ryan had career high of 36 points. The shooting by both sides in this game was unbelievable!
MrGolfguy
Stanford survives in OT; ISU played great, showed well for the Big12.
Jack Bauer
Bone Squad
It looks like she's saying to the Iowa State bench. The ref passes by where she is looking just a second later.
LTBear19
Yeah. I have to agree.

There's no way you're saying that to a Ref and NOT getting T'd up.
mcleod66
LTBear19 said:

Yeah. I have to agree.

How bout no way you're saying that to the other team and NOT getting T'd up? Sure wish the ref had heard her and slapped a BIG ol' technical on her.
BUVA
Looks like someone missed her nap or needs her diaper changed.
blackie
mcleod66 said:

LTBear19 said:

Yeah. I have to agree.

How bout no way you're saying that to the other team and NOT getting T'd up? Sure wish the ref had heard her and slapped a BIG ol' technical on her.
That antic could have cost them the game had it been noticed by and action taken by a ref. On the other hand they could have just ignored it just as the intentional foul was ignored in our game.
BUVA
Five seed Sooners BOOM! Big12 swan song with loss to #4 Indiana 75-68.
Jack Bauer
Iowa 26 (only 6 points in 2Q!!)
West Virginia 24
HALF

IowaBear
Iowa distancing themselves a bit. Creighton up 8 at the half vs UCLA
whitetrash
Judging from the 5 or so minutes of this game I have watched, apparently having an endorsement contract with State Farm absolves you of ever getting called for pushing off.
Jack Bauer
whitetrash said:

Judging from the 5 or so minutes of this game I have watched, apparently having an endorsement contract with State Farm absolves you of ever getting called for pushing off.

Like a Good Neighbor...the referees are there!
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

whitetrash said:

Like a Good Neighbor...the referees are there!
I recall Ionescu used to always get away with the same crap….until she ran into Didi.
Jack Bauer
Schools with both MBB and WBB in the Sweet 16.

UConn
Duke
NC State
*Creighton and Gonzaga if WBB win tonight

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.