Non-Baylor BIG12 2024 NCAA Tourney Games

12,811 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Art Vandelay
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not an Ocho fan but his conclusion is not wrong, assuming he characterized Reese accurately. I haven't paid much attention to what she has said or find since the game (or before).
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear
historian said:

I'm not an Ocho fan but his conclusion is not wrong, assuming he characterized Reese accurately. I haven't paid much attention to what she has said or find since the game (or before).

Ocho is an attention seeker and drama queen....I try my best to ignore that dude.
historian
I tend to agree but what he said makes some sense. It's too late to ignore. I already watched it.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear
BUatbirth
No doubt anticipating a SC vs Iowa final. Clark is driving it all.
bawitdaball
boognish_bear said:

Not sure where they are getting their numbers. I got an email yesterday as a past Final Four ticket holder saying additional tickets had just been released. Also just looked on a few resell sites and you can get all three games for under $800. You can also get the NC game for under $500. I sold my all package a few years back in Dallas for $650. Not sure if they are talking center court, but those numbers are highly inflated.
Leonidas
bawitdaball said:

boognish_bear said:

Not sure where they are getting their numbers. I got an email yesterday as a past Final Four ticket holder saying additional tickets had just been released. Also just looked on a few resell sites and you can get all three games for under $800. You can also get the NC game for under $500. I sold my all package a few years back in Dallas for $650. Not sure if they are talking center court, but those numbers are highly inflated.
They are reporting the average price, not the lowest price. Who knows how they compute average.

As to the comparison for the men --- size matters, arena size that is. I think the men's seating is over 60,000 and the women around 19-20,000. Having 3 times as many tickets impacts ticket price I would think. Still, amazing popularity and draw for the women this year, and even with the new contract, I continue to think their TV contract is substantially undervalued.
TechDawgMc
Leonidas said:

bawitdaball said:

boognish_bear said:

They are reporting the average price, not the lowest price. Who knows how they compute average.

As to the comparison for the men --- size matters, arena size that is. I think the men's seating is over 60,000 and the women around 19-20,000. Having 3 times as many tickets impacts ticket price I would think. Still, amazing popularity and draw for the women this year, and even with the new contract, I continue to think their TV contract is substantially undervalued.

Yeah. Not only 3 times as many seats but football stadium seats where much of the view is going to be crap compared to a venue designed for basketball.

This is unquestionably the most popular the wbb tourney has ever been. The big question is going to be sustainability. Is Clark going to turn out to be Larry Bird or just a one shot superstar
boognish_bear
blackie
boognish_bear said:

boognish_bear
They gonna go after the coach as well?

Bone Squad
I fundamentally disagree with the message it send when anyone protests the national anthem. Unpacking my thoughts on the subject is far beyond the subject of this post - I'm not looking to debate it.

However, trying to take an athlete's scholarship away because they took part in such a protest is a blatant violation of the 1st Amendment, and a state official taking that stance is unacceptable.

P. S. - I don't mean to suggest LSU was protesting in this case. But even if they had been, I would bristle at that letter.
boognish_bear
From the Louisiana AG

BearTiger
Natl anthem: It was not a protest or disrespect. The media is spreading false info and making a mountain of it to get clicks (what's new). Then the fans believe it and spread it some more. The governor is doing the same thing when he doesn't even know the story.
Several reporters who have access to LSU have verified the reason why LSU players and coaches are not on the court is because they do their prayers as a team in the locker room 12 minutes prior to the start of the game. LSU President's wife is a minister and is with the players leading in their prayers. Did anyone notice that most of the WBB teams in the Tournament were not on the courts? Most FB, MBB, WBB teams are not present for the anthem, they are doing their pre-game routines. I have read that the Army and Navy Teams are not on the field during the anthem. Who is going to approach them and remove them from the military?
Bone Squad
Yeah, I never believed it was intentional by LSU. No one who is trying to protest the flag keeps it a secret - making sure everyone knows exactly what they are doing is the entire point.
IowaBear
Anyone else think UConn wins? Kinda feels like LSU was Iowas Super Bowl so to speak. Could be wrong but I think UConn wins
Bone Squad
Hard to ever count out Geno.
TechDawgMc
Gov Landry is angling to be a one term governor. You don't do anything that might harm LSU sports if you're in the government in La. LSU almost totally controls the legislature. Start kicking stars off the team and you won't have a career in La politics. Aside from the point already made that it's a pretty clear free speech issue.
Jorkel
IowaBear said:

Anyone else think UConn wins? Kinda feels like LSU was Iowas Super Bowl so to speak. Could be wrong but I think UConn wins

Geno has been here 23 times. Caitlyn is the best player on the court and Paige is very close second, but you gotta think that UConn's other 4 are better than Iowas other 4 right?
boognish_bear
IowaBear
Muhl's elite on ball defense on Clark has been the difference so far. Feels like UConn should be up by wayyy more than 6 at the half
Jack Bauer
Wow. How do you call this???

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Geno used to get those calls.

But Caitlin Clark is the big dog now.
Dr. J
boognish_bear said:

Good one! I was at that game.

Looks like Karma.

Send that video to Scott Van Pelt. He was just a little annoying over that call tonight.
boognish_bear
The slo-mo cut does make it look more like a foul

boognish_bear
mcleod66
Jack Bauer said:

REFS...they do it ALL the time in ALL sports. They insert themselves at the end of tight games and affect their outcome with their CRAP calls like this. CAN'T STAND REFS
TechDawgMc
mcleod66 said:

Jack Bauer said:

REFS...they do it ALL the time in ALL sports. They insert themselves at the end of tight games and affect their outcome with their CRAP calls like this. CAN'T STAND REFS

That was a blatant moving screen. She not only is moving her feet, she also throws her arms. Absolutely the right call.
BUBBFAN
TechDawgMc said:

mcleod66 said:

Jack Bauer said:

That was a blatant moving screen. She not only is moving her feet, she also throws her arms. Absolutely the right call.
Yes it was. They just hadn't been calling any fouls, but that was a foul regardless the time left in the game.
boognish_bear
blackie
It is a case of making something political out of something that is not. But that is the goal of some people. Apparently that is the case here.
Jack Bauer
Isn't the National Anthem always right before the game starts?
Eball
No not really

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.