Non-Baylor BIG12 2024 NCAA Tourney Games

12,810 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Art Vandelay
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Iowa 50
WVa 50

With 3:44 left
Brusinbear2001
watching other teams face this WVU defense makes me appreciate our guards so much more!!
Jack Bauer
55-52 Iowa with 1:18
mcleod66
whitetrash said:

Judging from the 5 or so minutes of this game I have watched, apparently having an endorsement contract with State Farm absolves you of ever getting called for pushing off.

If she has the ball, she's pushing off. She does it ALL THE TIME and never gets called for it!
whitetrash
Iowa's 6th man is wearing gray shirts and black pants
Jack Bauer
whitetrash said:

Iowa's 6th man is wearing gray shirts and black pants

Total fouis 24-10 ...cmon man!
Jack Bauer
Foul shots

Iowa 24
Wva 5
whitetrash
Iowa player pulls down 33 for WV and they are reviewing for a flagrant on WV for falling on the Iowa player.
whitetrash
WV missed far too many bunnies in the 4th to have a claim, but if not for that this game was all about the refs bailing out the little darlings. Listening to Beth Mowins is bad enough anyway, but she is extra puke-worthy tonight.
BUVA
#8 WV hangs with #1 Iowa until last five minutes, falls 64-54. Hard to win when it's 5 against 8.
Jack Bauer
whitetrash said:

Iowa player pulls down 33 for WV and they are reviewing for a flagrant on WV for falling on the Iowa player.

I'm not saying WVa would have won but you could tell there was no way they were gonna let Iowa lose Clark's last game st home.
Jack Bauer
Fouls: 27 Wva 11 Iowa

Foul shots: 30 lowa 5 Wva
IowaBear
Unless Iowa goes scorched earth from 3 CO is gonna beat them. That regional final will be CO vs LSU and CO will give them everything they can handle and more
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

whitetrash said:

I'm not saying WVa would have won but you could tell there was no way they were gonna let Iowa lose Clark's last game st home.
A performance similar to WV's by any of Colorado, LSU or UCLA should take out Iowa unless ESPN/Gatorade/State Farm demands otherwise.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Fouls: 27 Wva 11 Iowa

Foul shots: 30 lowa 5 Wva
There were probably a dozen uncalled push offs by Caitlin alone.
Jack Bauer
If I were the WVa coach, I would have gotten ejected to stand up to this BS
Brusinbear2001
in this press conference they would just have to fine me because his team just got cheated.
Jack Bauer
USC up 20-9 on Kansas early
Jack Bauer
Brusinbear2001 said:

in this press conference they would just have to fine me because his team just got cheated.

Caitlin Clark with 1 PF. Anymore and ESPN kindaps the refs dog.
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer said:

What the F is going on around here?

Jack Bauer
Usc 44
Ku 37
3q
bawitdaball
IowaBear said:

Unless Iowa goes scorched earth from 3 CO is gonna beat them. That regional final will be CO vs LSU and CO will give them everything they can handle and more

I've watched Iowa okay at least 12 games this year and haven't been impressed with them … ever.
ctxbear
Watching this USC/KU game. This JuJu Watkins is impressive, but she's no more impressive than about a half-dozen Big 12 players we've faced this year.
Dcheetah
Disagree. Juju is great! However, sure CNC will have a good gameplan for us. We need to play our scouts really well and shoot more consistently in and out and Jada conrinue to take the midrange jumper.
Brusinbear2001
i feel like the size of USC is what Coach Nicki wants at Baylor and I believe the USC coach came from the NBA. They know what the new wave of basketball is headed to where it becomes really positionless.
historian
Big 12 WBB had a tough time in second round. Baylor is looking hood but Iowa State, WVU, & Kansas all go down. WVU & Kansas had to play in really tough road environments and played well but it wasn't enough. I didn't watch ISU.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Dcheetah
USC looks really quick. Not sure we will out athlete them. Juju looks faster than anyone we have and what a shot. Can't wait to see how Nicki gameplans them and esp Juju. There is a lot of talent on that team besides Juju. They seemed to be a little loose with their ballhandling and passing so hopefully we can take advantage. I bet our team shows up to play. Need Aijha and Dre to be factors this game.
Brusinbear2001
maybe we get over looked as well, nobody had us here really. If we can come out start fast we definitely will have an opportunity
Dcheetah
Hope you are right. Heard Nicki say she watched 3 yrs of video against and opponent before a big game. We will be prepared.
blackie
bawitdaball said:

IowaBear said:

I've watched Iowa okay at least 12 games this year and haven't been impressed with them … ever.
I think every other team that I have seen left should be given perhaps a better than decent chance to beat Iowa. I suspect whoever wins the 2-3 game in that region will have a cakewalk into the FF unless the scale is tipped. There is a powerful incentive for ESPN to have Clark in the FF.

Will be so happy next year to hopefully not have every media outlet including non-sports media talk about Caitlin Clark. Will be doubly happy to not hear Angel Reese's name as well......and after the last game throw in Cameron Brink into that mix.
franke
Brusinbear2001 said:

i feel like the size of USC is what Coach Nicki wants at Baylor and I believe the USC coach came from the NBA. They know what the new wave of basketball is headed to where it becomes really positionless.
Ah yes, positionless basketball, the strategy that has won exactly zero national championships in the women's game.
Brusinbear2001
but where there is a never there is always a first, obviously you want better post play than what we have right now but imagine if we did. If we had a Queen as our Center our defense would be so tough. I think it is possible for it to get there and the 2-4 position are really what make your team reach that status of being Positionless.
Jack Bauer
Well bye!

Brusinbear2001
you honestly could tell by the press conferences over then week that it was happening. now i wonder how the portal from VT will be.
Jack Bauer
mcleod66 said:

whitetrash said:

Judging from the 5 or so minutes of this game I have watched, apparently having an endorsement contract with State Farm absolves you of ever getting called for pushing off.

If she has the ball, she's pushing off. She does it ALL THE TIME and never gets called for it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.