Non-Baylor BIG12 2024 NCAA Tourney Games

12,802 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Art Vandelay
bawitdaball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She's complaining about social media and the comments -
Without social media she's a basketball player with no NIL deals outside of the city of Louisiana. You can't bite the hand that feeds you after a loss. She talks a big game and that is why people have come after her. A fine line between cocky and confident and she embraced the role because it got her more followers. She'll be in for a rude awakening at the next level, assuming fans stick with her wherever she is drafted. I don't have an issue with her at all, but find this quote to be a bit ill in regards to timing and content.
Jack Bauer
boognish_bear said:

When you are ALWAYS the victim, you never have to take ACCOUTABILITY for your own actions.
Jack Bauer
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Jemele Hill watching Paige vs. Caitlin in the Final 4

BUatbirth
LTBear19 said:

And MASSIVE props to Geno.

The man is a BEAST!

22 Final Fours in the last 29 Tournaments (And 15 out of the last 16 years).

That's just insanely ridiculous.
Geno is the best in the game. He has a very short bench. What, like 5 players out?
All the tools Gottlieb has…talent with size. Geno flat out coached her. So did Nicki.
Jorkel
BUatbirth said:

LTBear19 said:

The man is a BEAST!

Geno is the best in the game. He has a very short bench. What, like 5 players out?
All the tools Gottlieb has…talent with size. Geno flat out coached her. So did Nicki.

Geno is the best women's coach to ever do it by miles.
OsoCoreyell
Jorkel said:

BUatbirth said:

LTBear19 said:

The man is a BEAST!

Pat Summit just jumped out of the grave and slapped you!
BUatbirth
My thinking on LSU is a group of very talented INDIVIDUALS that didn't gel into a very talented TEAM…am I wrong?
Kinda a do less with more group
ScottS
Eball said:

So Kim sporting a green pant suit?
Doesn't Kim do this to say look where I am now (i.e. and where you aren't)? The problem is when she did this in 2005, Baylor was in the final game and La Tech was nowhere. In 2024, we lost just 1 round before she did.
whitetrash
ScottS said:

Eball said:

Doesn't Kim do this to say look where I am now (i.e. and where you aren't)? The problem is when she did this in 2005, Baylor was in the final game and La Tech was nowhere. In 2024, we lost just 1 round before she did.
LaTech made the tournament in 2005 as an 11 seed but lost in the first round to Temple.
2Bears
ScottS said:

Eball said:

She appears to do it because she can't move on. She was in your face to La TECH, and for whatever reason chose Baylor yesterday. Maybe she cares about what she left behind more than they do about her.
br53
OsoCoreyell said:

Jorkel said:

BUatbirth said:

LTBear19 said:

The man is a BEAST!

Pat Summit did it with very little competition and little to no parity. Geno has done it from the little parity to when there is more parity. He also arguably had less resources than Pat. She was a legendary coach as was Conradt but very different times for Geno.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
TechDawgMc
br53 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Jorkel said:

BUatbirth said:

LTBear19 said:

The man is a BEAST!

Pat Summit did it with very little competition and little to no parity. Geno has done it from the little parity to when there is more parity. He also arguably had less resources than Pat. She was a legendary coach as was Conradt but very different times for Geno.
Tennessee had phenomenal resources, that's true. OTOH, Geno benefited dramatically from the "Team ESPN" angle that connected to the UConn women. I'm not sure UConn gets anywhere near the same level of recruit if it isn't clear and obvious that the best way to be on tv was to go to UConn.

Though I'd still probably agree that Geno is the best women's coach by a good bit.
blackie
br53 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Jorkel said:

BUatbirth said:

LTBear19 said:

The man is a BEAST!

And because of how parity has changed things, I think that once Geno, Tara, Staley, and Mulkey retire or are otherwise no longer coaching you will never have another coach with the string of titles these have had, and there will be few, if any coaches that are considered legends if they are not already. It is just too hard, especially when you have games decided by single digits. A lot of those earlier UConn NCs had blowouts in the FF. Now they struggle to just win.
boognish_bear
Looks like the rise in popularity of sports betting has contributed to some of the verbal attacks these players hear

Jack Bauer
boognish_bear said:

Looks like the rise in popularity of sports betting has contributed to some of the verbal attacks these players hear

Good grief, you have to be lower than pond scum to do this. Berating 20-year old benchwarmers for their 1 shining moment of their career.

These are the same people that cuss out the 12-year old refs at the pee-wee games.
boognish_bear
historian
Jorkel said:

BUatbirth said:

LTBear19 said:

The man is a BEAST!

Certainly the most accomplished. Is it 11 national championships?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
blackie said:

br53 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Jorkel said:

BUatbirth said:

LTBear19 said:

The man is a BEAST!

And because of how parity has changed things, I think that once Geno, Tara, Staley, and Mulkey retire or are otherwise no longer coaching you will never have another coach with the string of titles these have had, and there will be few, if any coaches that are considered legends if they are not already. It is just too hard, especially when you have games decided by single digits. A lot of those earlier UConn NCs had blowouts in the FF. Now they struggle to just win.

The term legend might be redefined in 50 years to allow others into the club but probably not with the same level of achievement.
historian
Most of us would never describe it that way publicly and if we did we'd be accused of all kinds of things!

But he was essentially correct.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
ImABearToo
A shame all schools are missing out on that pre game routine just to honor their country. Oh Kim, you're full of crap. Have a nice day!
Jack Bauer
boognish_bear said:

Translation
If the players are in the locker room, they can't take a knee for the national anthem.
Jack Bauer
12.3 M viewers. I support meritocracy 100%. Congrats to WBB for this milestone, it was absolutely earned

Leonidas
I know we are supposed to criticize Kim, but are the teams on the floor when the national anthem is played at Foster? I don't recall that they are, but my memory is admittedly imperfect at times.

Although I will admit it is unusual to have one team in the locker room and the other team on the floor

bawitdaball
From an event management, I would like to think this is scheduled and both teams know when it's set up to take place. Not saying that that is how it was done, but that is what should be expected. Mulkey has long been a supporter of the country and the respect it has earned. I don't see this as being intentional.
ImABearToo
Then she's surrounded by a bunch of unorganized handlers.
bawitdaball
ImABearToo said:

Then she's surrounded by a bunch of unorganized handlers.
Now this I would 100% believe. She doesn't have an agent or a PR rep. She likes to be in full control. And not sure if anyone wants to tell her anything these days with the issues surrounding her and her response to everything.
whitetrash
Leonidas said:

I know we are supposed to criticize Kim, but are the teams on the floor when the national anthem is played at Foster? I don't recall that they are, but my memory is admittedly imperfect at times.

Although I will admit it is unusual to have one team in the locker room and the other team on the floor

They aren't. Most schools (BU included) changed the pregame protocol in 2021 as a compromise to avoid the post-Floyd protests. National anthem was no longer played right before team introductions with the teams on the bench and was moved to 10-12 minutes before tipoff when the teams were back in the locker room to avoid giving either team the opportunity to willingly or unwillingly be part of an embarrassing situation.

The bigger story is not that LSU was in the locker room, but that Iowa wasn't.
mcleod66
bawitdaball said:

From an event management, I would like to think this is scheduled and both teams know when it's set up to take place. Not saying that that is how it was done, but that is what should be expected. Mulkey has long been a supporter of the country and the respect it has earned. I don't see this as being intentional.
She knows if she and her team are out there for the national anthem.
Bone Squad
I'm inclined to believe her when she says it wasn't intentional. Think about it. The people who have a political/ideogical reason for taking a knee or staying inside while the anthem is played - have you ever seen them be coy about the reason? No, they look for the nearest bullhorn to tell you that they didn't want to take part in the anthem, whether you were asking or not.
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Emannuel Acho is in hot water because he broke the cardinal rule..

You must never, ever, ever criticize Angel Reese.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.