Didi Richards

89,661 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUatbirth
Threebears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didi Richards had a tremendous game against UCONN even though she didn't score a lot of points. Her defense of Katie Samuelson was great. Samuelson can hit uncontested threes all night, and she didn't with Didi beating screens to guard her.
mimi25408
I love didi defense. She was awesome on Katie Lou. Sometimes i wish she would he more offensive too. Just to give us a little more edge when we get into a tight rotations.
Iron Claw
She had some timely/critical rebounds late in the game. I love her game. We don't really need her to score many points.
FKA tri it
ChapBear
Iron Claw said:

She had some timely/critical rebounds late in the game. I love her game. We don't really need her to score many points.
She is a treasure in so many ways. She has great quickness and length. Smith's play will force her to improve offensively during her next two years.
ladybears4eva
She is the defense and heart that keeps us going.

She rebounds after mistakes n missed shots so much.

So save possessions
slimecap

DanaDane
As I said all along, we will find out where this team is when we play UConn. We did and we did. Didi showed out with her defense on Katie.
Scottdye
Didi is quickly becoming my FAVORITE. She is taking the place of Kristy Wallace with her energy.

As Kalani called Kristy.. ENERGIZER BUNNY.

LOVE watching Didi, what a positive well spoken young lady.
ChapBear
Didi's defensive versatility is becoming more and more noticeable. She is tall and long enough to guard the hybrid Center/Forward 6'4" players and she is quick enough to guard the other teams best guards and give them a lot of problems with her length. If we make it to the final four this year, she will be a big reason. Also I see flashes of improvement in her offensive skills as the season progresses. She should be nominated for defensive player of the year along with Lauren Cox.
buildabear1
On Twitter Didi just posted moving on, not sure of what that could mean?
Scottdye
Was wondering the same thing.
mimi25408
She referring to her boyfriend
Bone Squad
These kids and their cryptic social media posts.
And skateboarding on the sidewalk!
buildabear1
Thanks for clearing that up
WacoKelly83
Yea but she could be dumping the bf so she can leave with Morris. Mind blown.....I'm just joking.
Wichitabear
Not funny
mimi25408
Very classless joke. Please remember there are family members on this site....
buildabear1
slimecap

"It could be called "DiDi defense," really. But something that can't be said without a smile has proven deadly to opposing sharpshooters when Baylor's DiDi Richards guards them.

Connecticut's Katie Lou Samuelson can tell you all about it. One of the best shooters in women's college basketball was held to nearly half of her average against Richards and the Lady Bears. The usual "money" efficiency with which she shoots behind the 3-point line was overdrawn.

"It's something I take pride in," Richards said. "Before it was, like, second nature just to play defense. Now it's like something I'm going to be good at and practice to be better at. Before, I was getting yelled at because (Mulkey) knew I was a better defender than what I was showing. Now it's like I don't want to be yelled at. If I don't want to get yelled at, I'm going to play defense and make sure the other team's best player isn't scoring."

- Krista Pirtle, Waco Tribune-Herald, 8 Jan 2019
Scottdye
Didi is our SPARK PLUG this year.

Last night the Lady Bears did show some signs of fatigue, but that will happen when you play as much as they have in the last week plus practice.

Still overall I am 100% supporter, and will be win or loose.

The interview she did with Holly Rowe was one of my favorites, it just shows what a great personality she has.

Defense will WIN big time games, and I personally think everyone on this team could learn from Didi.

Sicem
slimecap

#2 DiDi Richards
2017-18 season
slimecap

January 12, 2019
setshot
Didi has cemented her role as a defensive stopper, something that was almost predictable after watching her last year. Her length, quick feet, and feel for the game is about as good as we have seen and that covers some outstanding Lady Bear defenders over the years. In addition she can rebound her position, is an excellent passer who makes good decisions, and while not an impressive shooter, knows how to score and often does it at time when it is most helpful. Teams that underestimate her usually pay a price for that.

One of her chief assets is in the role of team leader. Her personality jumps off the chart, and she has a demeanor that makes her particularly valuable in tight, highly contested games. She will not leave the floor very often in the most delicate moments of games, and that is for a very good reason.
ChapBear
Hi loved seeing her hit some soft jumpers 13ft and in very cosistently
zt1014
She may very well be one of our biggest assets. She does so many things outside of scoring from, rebounding, steals, deflections, causing turnovers by her pressure, and moves without the ball so well.
WasheFuzzy
I had posted in another thread that I thought it was time for Smith to replace Richards as a starter: WRONG. After watching her defense against UCONN I realize how valuable on the defensive end of the court sh is. She is a star and deserves to be recognized as such. She will be a starter as long as she is at Baylor.

Kim loves good D and DiDi has two of them.
GarlandBear84
Love that last line!
BaylorBears_254
I've been on the Didi hype train since she first got here. She brings many dynamics to the game that are hard to teach.

I remember last year, many thought she'd come off the bench if Chou had returned...wrong.

Didi is our best defender (on ball wise). She also has a really good offensive game that she has yet to truly showcase, mainly because of our style of play.
HoustonBear15
BaylorBears_254 said:

I've been on the Didi hype train since she first got here. She brings many dynamics to the game that are hard to teach.

I remember last year, many thought she'd come off the bench if Chou had returned...wrong.

Didi is our best defender (on ball wise). She also has a really good offensive game that she has yet to truly showcase, mainly because of our style of play.
I totally agree. Didi is a slasher on offense and likes to get to the basket which is hard to do because of the two bigs in the paint. If there was space for her to take her opponent off the dribble and into the paint she would surely thrive on offense.
ladybears4eva
Didi is full time entertainment!! She has a fire and passion that our team needs.

Becoming one of my favorite players.

Do y'all remember our elite eight win vs. duke, where the defense in the last ten minutes of the game won us that game.

I feel like Didi brings that back into our skills
ScottS
I was at that elite 8 game vs Duke. I had been in Houston when our men lost in the last couple of minutes to Duke, so I drove to Memphis to see the game vs women's Duke.
WacoKelly83
I've noticed recently that opposing teams tend to sag off Didi to help in the paint leaving her with some wide open looks. She's become more offensive minded which is helping to confuse the defense.
Bone Squad
I hear she is also our go-to-gal when it comes to spending time with recruits on their official visits. She gets at least some of the credit for our Fierce Five.
slimecap
So I am driving north on IH-35 today ...
Getting near the 17th-18th St exit ...
and on my right is a big billboard ...
displaying DiDi

Sic 'em DiDi
Wichitabear
Pretty darn cool

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.